Kris' Background

Suit Romance

25
Sohyun could say that she was glad that the trip was over.

Going around to meet clients, and getting lost in a foreign country and to have the feeling coming back to haunt her didn't make her feel so good.
Well, at least she bought souvenirs for her family and also knew how to swim with the help of her mentor, and that was when she cracked a smile.

"Unnie I'm back," Sohyun called out as entered the house. She pulled her luggage and sat on the sofa, sighing.

"She's not back." BT walked out of the kitchen, wiping his wet hands on the apron as he shuffled his way to the living room. "Tao's coming later. Is Kris coming for dinner tonight?" BT asked, while Sohyun shrugged. "Maybe not. He's tired from travelling."

"BT!" Tao exclaimed, running in as he giggled and saw Sohyun who smiled back. "Since today's a weekend, I can come earlier to help you," Tao beamed excitedly.

"BT I'm home." Sohyun's sister followed him in  as she dropped her bag on the sofa and went straight up to her bedroom.

She walked down the stairs again and went into the kitchen restlessly, dragging her feet wherever she go. Tao nudged BT, and he nodded his head. "Ah yes, so how's your trip?" her grandfather asked, wiggling his eyebrows at Sohyun, who just looked at him and sighed. "Going around meeting clients and.." her voice trailed off, as she thought about the incident.

"And?" Tao asked, anticipating. "And.. Nothing." Sohyun clasped her hands and smiled. Tao rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Then what do you like most about?"

Sohyun tapped her chin and wondered. "The hotel room."

"The hotel room?!" BT repeated and glanced at Tao, then back at Sohyun. "What's so nice about the hotel?" BT asked excitedly. "The connecting doors I guess."

"Your room is connected to Kris' room?!"

 

She nodded and she immediately frowned. "Nothing happened between us, don't let your imagination run wild BT," she chided softly.

"Did Kris bring you to any amusement parks?" BT asked again while Sohyun pondered then looked at BT. "Why are you asking all those questions? Shouldn't you ask about what I've bought for you?"

"Ah yes, what did you buy for us?" her sister asked, drinking her drink. Sohyun smiled and took it out from her luggage. "Sweet heart cakes." Her sister spat out the drink and coughed. "Sweet heart cakes?!"

She nodded her head again, beaming. "Try one."

All three of them took a bite, and nodded their heads. "Nice isn't it? Kris introduced this sweet heart cakes to me."

They all spat out and gaped at Sohyun.

"Kris?" BT repeated.

"Sweet?" her sister asked, wide open.

"Heart?" Tao asked, looking at the biscuit. His grin spread across his face as he exchanged looks with them, raising their eyebrows. "Does that mean, Kris wants Sohyun to be his sweetheart?" Tao whispered and wiggled his eyebrows and all three of them giggled. "What's so funny about those biscuits?" Sohyun asked, raising an eyebrow at them.

Tao bit his lip to prevent the smile from curving upwards, as he snorted and shook his head. "The name of the biscuit. What is it called again?" Tao asked once more, while Sohyun sighed. "Sweet heart cakes. Or also known as wife cakes."

All of three of them burst into laughter, as BT's shoulders were shaking and Tao slapped his thigh, laughing too much.

Just then, Kris walked into the house. "What's so funny? I could hear you laughing from outside," Kris said, taking off his shoes and walked in.
"Kris, I thought you were tired." Sohyun looked up at him, giving him some space to sit, scooting closer towards her grandfather.
"Can’t miss out a home cook dinner.” He grinned. Sohyun's grandfather stood up, and clasped his hands together, walking towards the kitchen and took the dishes out. Tao eyed Kris and Sohyun, squinting his eyes at them suspiciously and exchanged looks with BT.

"Sohyun, the following week is Chuseok. You're free, aren't you?" her grandfather asked her and she nodded he head. "You know I'm always free."

"Alright then. We'll set out to go to the temple together then I can ask for a divination on marriage," BT said mischievously, while her sister rolled her eyes at him. "Kris, you're coming aren't you?" Tao asked, praying for a nod.

"I'm not sure, I guess I have to discuss with-" Kris paused when his phone buzzed in his pocket.

He answered the call, within seconds his face turned serious, and he immediately nodded his head before hanging up. He grabbed his jacket and went out, while all four pairs of eyes looked at him. "Sohyun, we have a case."

Sohyun immediately nodded as she stood up and ran up the stairs then appearing again within seconds with her briefcase in her hand and she went out.

Tao sighed. "I thought we could discuss about our outing." He pouted and crossed his arms.

"Well at least we could discuss about matchmaking without them knowing. Tuck in tuck in," BT said and grinned, while Tao nodded his head and picked up his chopsticks again, taking every dish and placing it in his bowl.

                                                                                               

Sohyun got into the car, buckling up as Kris drove at the speed of lightning. "What's the new case?" Sohyun asked.

"My mother's in the police station."

"You have a mother?!" she shrieked and quickly covered . "Sorry, I mean. I didn't know you .. You had a- I mean I've never seen your mother before, I wonder how she looked like." Sohyun quickly came out with some nonsense and she forced out a smile, heaving a sigh of relief. 



'I didn't know you had a mother' 

Well that sentence was sure to have Sohyun exiled to some foreign place, and she could have stopped thinking of coming back to Korea. The journey was silent, as Kris furrowed his eyebrows, only concentrated on driving there in time to bail his mother out, while Sohyun glanced at him time to time, wondering whether what she said just now actually pissed him off which made him so quiet.

 

 

 


"Omma!" Kris called out once he entered the police station, searching for his mother with Sohyun having a hard time keeping up with him.

"Kris! I'm here," his mother said, waving at him with the police officer beside her.

He ran towards her, holding her tightly. "Omma, what happen? Are you alright? Any injuries?"

She warmly smiled and pointed at the police officer. "They say my noodles shop is closed because some customers fell sick after consuming my noodles and now they've complained of food poisoning. But my noodles are safe. I tried it too but I never gotten sick."

"You've been bailed. You can go now," the police officer said and he led the way out.

Soyun walked out with Kris, and bumped into Baekhyun who dropped his files. "Baekhyun?" she smiled and waved at him, while he looked up and smiled. He picked up the files and looked at Kris. "On a case?" he asked. She nodded then glanced at Kris.
"Sohyun, who's this?" he asked.

"This is Baekhyun, my elementary friend. He works in crimes unit," she said, glancing between Kris and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun approached Kris and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you. Sohyun has been talking a lot about you." He smiled, while Sohyun elbowed him. "I'll get going now," he said, then waved at her, winking at her while she chuckled while Kris looked at the both of them, frowning before turning his attention towards his mother.
"Omma, I'll drive you home. After all it's been quite some time since I've visited you," Kris said as he turned the steering wheel, and braked to a stop.

His mother weakly smiled and nodded her head.


When they reached the building, it was already dark and Kris got out of his car and held onto his mother's arm, while closing the door after letting Sohyun in the house.

Kris and his mother sat comfortably in their seats, and she gently tapped his hand with her wrinkled fingers. "I'm fine now. You can go. We can talk about this case later on," she said, smiling warmly while Kris shook his head.

"I'll accompany you for a little while, then we can discuss about the case alright?" he replied, smiling warmly back at her and went into the kitchen.

The house was different from Kris's. He was living in a luxurious apartment, having house furniture from branded stores, walls painted that made the whole entire house look fresh and new, and has this high class aura surrounding it. While his mother's unit was old and run down. The house wasn't as big as Kris. They only had two bedrooms and a living room connecting to the kitchen and the toilet.

Once Sohyun extends her legs out, she has already touched the television from the sofa.

But one thing that Sohyun can see that the house was clean. Not a speck of dust could be seen.

One thing Sohyun actually couldn't understand. Why didn't his mother move in with him? His house was big enough to have a big family consisting of seven family members in the house, and yet his mother didn't move in, why?

-----