Another Case

Suit Romance

4

"Kris?" Sohyun poked her head in. She was just so terrified of him that she even imagined him throwing an object at her head which was why she had to poke her head in.

She warily entered the room, like she was entering a room that was filled with y traps. Sohyun stood in front of his desk, biting her lip, while Kris look up from his desk. "What now?"

Sohyun's shoulders deflated, as she knew he was going to get scolded by him. "Sorry mentor. I really didn't mean to bring the wrong files, I'm really sorry.."


"That doesn't mean you can go away that easily," Kris replied, concentrating in his work while Sohyun sulked. "I'm really sorry. I really didn't mean it. I thought you said N and you know M and N really sounds the same and-"

"That doesn't help."

"I'll help you do whatever you want to do, I'm serious!" Sohyun exclaimed. She really had no idea what to do besides 
helping Kris out. After all, it was her fault and she's indebted to him for the rest of her life because of that small tiny mistake. He dropped his pen and look up. "Are you sure you’re ready to bear the responsibility of helping me out?"

Sohyun straightened herself up. There's some hope to redeem her mistakes at last. She smiled brightly and nodded her head with much energy. "Yes! Of course! I'll do whatever it takes-"

"Then clean up my house," Kris said, throwing his house keys at her, and continued on his work. 
Sohyun could hardly catch it, and she fiddled with the keys, and looked at the bunch of keys that was already in her hands, then back at Kris. "What?"

"I'm giving you a chance. If you don't want it's fine but I'll have to write a report to Yongshik."

"It's alright! I can do it! I'll help out as soon as possible!" Sohyun exclaimed, cutting Kris off when she knew if he wrote a report to Yongshik, she would likely lose her position as trainee lawyer, not to mention being a lawyer, or a barrister. Kris looked down at his work, covering his face with the file as he silently chuckled, but was cut off by a call.

"If there's nothing, I'll go out first," Sohyun said, and hurriedly ran out of the office but was stopped by Kris who took his jacket and walked out with his briefcase.

"Let’s go. We're going to the police station," Kris said as he walked out, while Sohyun slowly smiled. 
*Case?* she thought and her smile widened, but was interrupted by Kris' hollers who was already in the lift.

Sohyun quickly stepped into the lift and slowly opened her palm again, as she looked at the keys in her hands, biting her lip, hesitating and Kris caught that.
He sighed. "I should be impartial and just write down whatever you-"

"It's alright! I can do it. I'm fine with cleaning your house," Sohyun immediately said, as she forced out a smile and kept the keys in her pocket. She really hated how she was so clumsy and forgetful that time, and now she demoted herself to being a trainee lawyer and at the same time also a part time maid, just that this position as a maid has no pay.

If she makes another mistake, she has no idea what position she's going to be demoted to.

Then it dawned upon her. His house, is a freaking pig sty.
It's impossible to clean up. Clothes were everywhere, not to mention his bedroom. Next thing she knew she was already at the gate of the police station, and Kris was already in the police station.

"I'll go in. You stay here and don't wonder around alright?" Kris instructed, before going into the interrogation room, and Sohyun nodded, standing outside.

She massaged her neck and looked around, not seeing a single police officer walking pass her.


After standing for ten minutes of so, she felt hot and she looked around. "Not an air conditioner in sight," she mumbled and she started fanning herself with the briefcase (which was a bad idea) and looked back up at the air conditioner. "Hmm, I wonder who's the client in the room," Sohyun started murmuring to herself (or maybe entertaining herself) as she pressed her ear on the door, hoping to be able to eavesdrop.


She frowned and concentrated harder. "There's no sound.." she then pressed her ear on the wall. "The rooms are soundproof. And miss, what are you doing?" A voice from her called out, as she turned back and jumped. He raised an eyebrow at her, pressing his hand on the wall, while the other hand was holding onto a clipboard, as he raised an eyebrow at Sohyun, while she just blinked.

Sohyun looked at him in shock. Something tells her that he looked familiar. "Kim Sohyun, what are you doing?" he asked again, raising an eyebrow and leaning nearer to her. Her eyes widened in surprise as she knew who he was, apart from being a police officer, but, she knew him, since they were young.

When she opened to speak, she was already dragged away by Kris who came out of the room.

"I told you to stay here doesn't mean you could flirt around. How do you even flirt with people at any time, and any place," Kris muttered under his breath, as he dragged her, while Sohyun had a hard time keeping up after snapping out of her thoughts. "I flirt?!" she shrieked.

Baekhyun looked at Sohyun being dragged away by Kris, as he shook his head in amusement and walked away. "Aish this girl is always being led by the nose.." Baekhyun chuckled and walked away.

"You can bail your client out now," the police officer said, as he handed a document to Kris, and he nodded.

Sohyun looked around, but was held still by Kris.

"Yoon Juwon, your lawyer's here to bail you out. However, you need to report back to the police station every 24 hours, is that clear?" Baekhyun said as he walked together with Juwon, and he nodded. Sohyun's gaze landed on Baekhyun as she approached him, while Juwon walked towards Kris. 

"You.. I remember you," Sohyun murmured, slowly raising a finger and pointed at Baekhyun, while he grinned and nodded, waiting for her reply.

Kris discussed with Juwon for a few minutes, and saw Sohyun staring at Baekhyun while he just smile and nod his head. 
He frowned, and quickly dragged Sohyun away, before she could even reply him.


Baekhyun watched as Sohyun desperately waved back at him and tried calling out for him, while he chuckled and walked away. Juwon walked with Kris and Sohyun as she struggled out of his grip, but his grip on her just tightened.


He finally let go of her when they came out of the police station, and Sohyun immediately frowned. She could have talked to Baekhyun for a few seconds, but this mentor of hers just had to interrupt and drag her away before she could even realized she was being dragged away. "Why did you drag me out?"

 

"Fancy having a girl to chase after a man. So much for a woman's dignity," he sighed.


"Thanks Kris. I wouldn't have been bailed out if it weren't for you. Ah yes, and for the case.." Juwon looked at Kris while he just nodded and smiled. "I'll do my best. This case isn't so hard if there's no casualties."

Juwon nodded his head, and discussed a few more details, while Sohyun just stood at a corner massaging her wrist.

The ride back was silent. Juwon sat in front with Kris, while Sohyun kept cursing Kris at the back seat. Muttering incoherently and hurling invisible fists towards his direction.

"Ah yes, Kris. Who's this client? Sohyun asked, leaning forward as she grabbed both of the head rest and pointed at Juwon.

He just concentrated on driving, ignoring what Sohyun said. "Behave yourself, a client's here. And fasten your seat belt," 
Kris ordered, as he swerved and brake to a stop, causing Sohyun to fall back into her seat, hitting her head. She groaned in pain and cried as she massaged her neck, frowning.


Juwon chuckled and shook his head. "It's alright. I'm Juwon, and Kris is my representing lawyer for this case," he explained.


"Juwon, I'll take you to the firm first, then to discuss the details further," Kris told him as he parked his car, then went up to the firm. Tao grinned widely after he completed the next level. He took a sip of coffee and spat it out when he saw Juwon going into Kris office with Sohyun lagging behind.

 

He quickly grabbed Sohyun in and slam the door shut. "Why is Juwon here?" he asked Sohyun while she just shrugged. "Juwon's been charged and Kris is his representing lawyer. But Kris didn't to tell me the reason."

"Ah yes, how do you know he's Juwon?" Sohyun asked, but Tao quickly pushed her out of the room. Sohyun sighed, standing outside of his room before Kris shouted for her.

Tao sat in his chair, spinning his chair. "I wonder what Juwon did.." he tapped his chin and murmured to himself. 
Just then, he got a call. He picked it and looked at the caller ID, then rolling his eyes and groaning, he picked up the call.

"Hello? Mrs Yoon? Ah yes yes," Tao talked sweetly, as he squeezed his eyes shut and nodded his head firmly as Mrs Yoon shouted and screamed in the phone. "I'll come as soon as possible," Tao explained and hung up, then tossing his phone on the table. He quickly shrugged it off and clasped his hands, then rubbing it before continuing on the next level of his game.

-----