Responsibility

Suit Romance

42.

A few weeks passed, Sohyun and Kris would be balancing their personal life and also their work. And, definitely would be happily dating. SMILES.

 

 

Sohyun opened the door to Kris' home and quietly stepped into the house.

She looked around the house and placed her bag down on the table. "Kris? Are you at home?" she asked, walking around the house.

Seeing nobody at home, she smiled and grinned like a fool. She looked around the house once more and nodded her head. It was messy again, without her help.

She tied her hair up, wore her gloves and started cracking.

Every week, she would be at Kris' home at this timing, and would be gone before he's back. But definitely, when Kris comes back, he would always know it would be Sohyun that made his house so clean and tidy.

She cleared the rubbish, picked up all of the clothes that were thrown everywhere.  Wiping the tables clean, sweeping and mopping the floor, tidying the bed for Kris.

She sanitized the entire house and sat down on the sofa, smiling in satisfaction.

It's been a year.

 

 

She remembered how she started cleaning Kris' house on just the first week of work. Screaming, complaining, grunting, groaning about Kris as she worked like a maid. But now, things took a change and in a blink of an eye she's dating Kris, and now often going up to his place to clean up his house, just like a housewife-to-be.

Grins. Giggles. Laughs.

 

 

Just then, the doorknob twisted and Sohyun quickly shot up from her seat. She quickly snapped out of her daze and ran into Kris' room. She looked around the room frantically, finding a place to hide and quickly opened the closet then hid inside.

Kris stepped into the house and Sohyun closed the closest at the same time.

"Yes, I got that," Kris said and he threw his jacket on the sofa. He kicked his shoes and went into the room. Sohyun mentally smacked herself and smiled. "Kris you're messing the place up again," she whispered to herself. "Wait, why am I even hiding?" she murmured and shook her head, once again, mentally smacking herself.

He took off his tie, suit and shirt. Sohyun immediately squeezed her eyes shut, covering her eyes. She slowly opened one eye and peeked through the gap, then quickly covered her eyes again. *Scandalous.*

"Yes, yes. I know. Will a 2.7 carat diamond ring do the trick?" he smiled, his hand holding onto a box with a ring in it. He closed it and placed it on the table.

"We're going Thailand next Tuesday, and we'll be back on Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to see her crying when I propose to her with fireworks lit up outside of the hotel," he smiled, grinning while Sohyun's eyes widened in surprise.

"Pro-propose? Marriage?" she mouthed and gulped. She blinked. She wasn't ready, at all. She stared at the dark, shaking her head.

"Yeah yeah, I'm ready, and I think Sohyun is ready too. It's time for marriage, Tao." He smiled.

*Tao?!*

"Yes, I will thank you and BT for giving me your blessings," he replied. "Alright. Get back to work, I'm hanging up."

*Blessings?!*

Kris opened his closet, to see Sohyun inside and he jumped. "Sohyun?" Kris slowly held both of her wrists and led her out of the closet. Sohyun looked up at him and bit her lip. "Kris.." Kris blushed and scratching the back of his neck, smiling. "Sohyun, you heard everything?"

"Kris, answer me, what blessings? What is Tao and BT up to? What are you doing?" she asked.

Kris slung an arm around BT's shoulder. "BT, instead of training me and testing tests that are total nonsense, I mean, totally unexpected, why don't you just give me your blessings and get yourself a grandson-in-law?" he asked and BT blinked.

His lips slowly curved up and he grinned. "Not a bad idea.. When do you plan to propose to Sohyun?" he asked excitedly.

"Yah, if you need a diamond ring, I can help you get even a 7 carat diamond ring!" Tao said.

"My Sohyun is not that materialistic," BT snapped and tapped his chin. "But 7 carat diamond ring, isn't a bad idea.."

"I'm planning to propose to her in Thailand, I'll arrange for fireworks and all necessary arrangements. Ukele, violin, flowers, diamond ring, audience, witnesses all checked. All I need is your blessings, BT," he explained and BT shook his hand immediately. "Alright then, I'll give you my blessings, and I'll be there for you spiritually." He grinned.

Kris grinned back but immediately frowned. "Yah, the both of you, don't make me catch you following us to Thailand-"

"We won't! It'll be your honeymoon with Sohyun! We won't disturb you!" Tao cut in, waving his hand away. "But just out of curiosity, how big will the diamond be?" he asked, giggling.

"Kris, we've just started, don't you think marriage is a bit too rush?" she asked and Kris shook his head. "Though we just started, but we've known each other for so long, I don't think there's a problem."

She shook her head and broke free from his grip. "But I do. I think there's a problem. Marriage comes with responsibility. A huge responsibility. I don't think both of us are at that stage. We can't just play about marriage-"

"I'm not playing. I'm serious. I really want to spend my days with you. I want to live my life with you and only you," he explained. "And what if you, you know got that, I have to take responsiblity," he said and Sohyun gulped, blinking in surprise. "What do you mean that thing? Pregnant? I'm not!"

"I know you're not! I'm just stating a possibility, after all-"

"What do you mean possibilities? We didn't do anything," she said and Kris ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "Look, Sohyun. I want to build a family, I'm already ready because I know what I want."

"But I don't," she whispered. "I'm not ready to face this responsibility." She looked down and sighed. "Kris, give me some time. Give us both some time to think about it, the trip will still be on but as for now, let's don't talk about marriage, alright?"

He nodded. "I understand," he whispered and slowly brought his hands up to her shoulders. "Giving you some time, I get it." He nodded and hugged her.

She slowly wrapped her arms around his waist. "Kris, it's not that I don't want to get married, I'm, not ready for that big responsiblity and challenge," she whispered and broke the hug, slowly walking out of the house.

Kris sighed and fell onto his bed, looking at the box that was on the table and shook his head.

---

"Aish! Sohyun wouldn't have know about this if you didn't talk to me on the phone!" Tao whacked his head and Kris winced. "Yah! You were the one who called me, you were the one demanding an explanation from me about the trip. And isn't it better that she know it now? It would be diasterous if I really propose to her and both of us would be so embarrassed," he replied.

"Kris is right. You can't force my grand daughter to blindly marry you," BT said and tapped his chin. "But I think there's a reason why she's still hesitating. I think she still can't get over about her past," he said.

Kris sadly nodded and ran a hand through his hair, sighing. "But, I'll prove her wrong," he said confidently. Tao raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you going to do?" he asked.

Kris smiled mischievously and shook his head. "I already have a plan in my mind, and once we come back, we will give you the surprise of a surprise," he whispered.

Tao grumbled and crossed his arms, exchanging glances with BT and he shrugged.

 

 

When it was time for dinner, the atmosphere was very, very awkward and Kris can't help but feel that his plan would backfire if his relationship with Sohyun continues to be this tense and awkward.

He glanced at Sohyun and she stared right at her food, chewing on her chopsticks slowly.

BT can't stand it anymore and he slammed his chopsticks down, startling everyone at the table. "I.. I need to go to the loo," he said, and stood up, walking away, nudging Tao to do the same.

"Uhm, I.. I need to get some water," Tao said, quickly following BT and Sohyun's sister nodded. "I'll get some soup for the both of you."

Now, the table was left with only Kris and Sohyun. Kris got up from his feet and went to sit beside her. "Sohyun," he whispered.

"Y-yes?"

Kris sighed and her head, his hand travelling to her ear and curled a strand of hair behind her ear, then carrassed her cheek and held onto her hand. "Now the main thing is to clinch the deal in Thailand, don't think about marriage anymore, alright? I won't think about it, you won't think about, okay?" he whispered and Sohyun looked up at him. "Promise?" she asked, and Kris smiled. "Promise."

Sohyun let out a small smile and she nodded, resting her head on his chest. "It's not that I don't want to get married Kris. Just that I'm not-"

"Ready, right?" he completed her sentence and she nodded. "Sorry."

"It's alright. Don't think too much about it," he whispered and kissed her forehead, smiling.

In front of her, Kris seems fine about dropping the marriage idea, but in his heart, he felt disappointed because he wanted to be responsible, and build a family together with Sohyun.

Sigh, it seems like Kris is similar to majority of women that wants to marry a good guy and just build a family, but Sohyun would be the exact opposite and more of a man, where she enjoys freedom and carefree lifestyle, just that it's more of not being ready and responsible compared to Kris.

-----


Hi! School's starting, or should I say started and I'm already busy on the first week! Cries. So busy that I couldn't even get my fingers on my laptop thus I couldn't update in time! Initially, I wanted to update on the weekend but sadly.. I was out the entire two days and came back late.

And so here's the update! Hehe! ^^

If you enjoy, do comment and upvote hehe thanks lovely readers! ^o^