Workload

Suit Romance

33

"Baekhyun! Don't be like this!" Sohyun called out, catching up with him. "How can I not be like this!" Baekhyun replied harsly.

"Baekhyun, what's wrong? Why are so biased against Jiho? I've seen you treat ex convicts. You give them a chance to repent, but it's different for Jiho, why?"

"I extremely hate him. A bastard to the society," he muttered under his breath, kicking the grass and sat down on the bench frustratedly.

"Baekhyun.." she murmured and sat beside him. "Although I have no idea why you hate him so much, but JiHo has already changed, you should-"

"He did not! Three years ago I broke the chain of evidence because of him!" Baekhyun shouted in frustration and ran a hand through his hair.

Sohyun's eyes widened in shock. She opened to speak, but not a word came out.

He sighed and bit his lip. "Because I befriended him. On the day of delivering the evidence back to the police station I bumped into him on the streets and he said he had very urgent matters to discuss with me. He just pulled me out of the car and followed him after closing the door shut, but I didn't lock the car. Then in the alley, he tried knocking me out and.." Baekhyun swallowed and he took in a deep breath. "He failed and I just let him go. But because I was absent just for a few minutes those evidence couldn't be produced in court."

"Baekhyun, but-"

"I know I know. I should have locked the car. I should have done many precautions before following him. But he wanted to knock me out! He wanted to knock me out and steal the evidence! It was intentional! How could I forgive him?! A leopard can never change its spot and it happened on him!" Baekhyun shouted in agony and stomped his foot.

"But he really changed. During these three years, he went into jail, knew what's life's about. He's already repented, why can't you forgive him?" Sohyun asked and sighed softly.

"He didn't. He never will. I just know it. Sohyun, you shouldn't get too close with him," Baekhyun adviced her, sighing. "And sorry for being so harsh on you, I didn't mean it."

Sohyun smiled and shook her head. "It's alright. I'm fine, if you need any help, you can look for me, or Jina," she said, placing a hand on his shoulder while he bitterly smiled back. "We've, broken up."

"What?! Why?" Sohyun asked while he bit his lip, scratching his neck. "We broke up a month ago, just a month before our engagement party. She told me that she treated me like her family, not a husband, but a big brother that she respected. The feeling was just gone, only memories remain," he said bitterly. "And, she just left, with a guy."

He looked down. "So for that month I was out of Korea, just trying to get over her. That's why you couldn't contact me for the past month," Baekhyun explained, then broke down in tears.

He hugged her tightly, crying as he closed his eyes.

Sohyun blinked. "I.. I'm so sorry," she apologised, wrapping her arms around his waist and rubbed his back. "It's over now. Just concentrate on your work, and everything will be fine. If you need to talk to anybody, you can come to me. We've sisters, right?" she said a small action of comfort that warmed him as he smiled back and nodded. "Thanks, Sohyun."

Sohyun smiled. "Now go home and get some rest, tomorrow will be a better day."


--

"Tao, I got a new case for you," YongShik said as he passed a file to Tao. "Appeal case."

"Appeal case?" Tao repeated and browsed through the pages. "Evidence, everything you need to know would be coming your way by today," YongShik said and he tapped on his watch, then walking away

Tao nodded his head and looked up from the file, searching for YongShik and he shrugged his shoulders, entering his room.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Tao," Baekhyun said as he entered the firm. Sohyun immediately stood up as she looked at Baekhyun. "Oh. Hey Sohyun," Baekhyun smiled and she smiled back. "Baekhyun, are you alright now?"

He nodded and tapped the file. "Quite. I'm here for work," he said and looked for Tao's room.

"Come in," Tao said as his eyes were glued to the screen, his fingers running around on the keyboard as he slammed the keyboard and sighed. "Lost, again." He rolled his eyes and switched off the computer looking at Baekhyun. "The evidence, files and statements you need to know are all here," Baekhyun said.

Tao squinted his eyes at him and quirked his lips. "I've seen you before right? And I think I've heard of your name before," he said and tapped his chin.

He snapped his fingers and pointed at his identification card. "Byun Baekhyun. The one that broke the chain of evidence. The first person to break the chain of evidence in the last seventeen years."

Sohyun walked in and frowned at Tao. "Tao.."

"It's alright. It's just a joke I can understand, if there's nothing else I think I better get going," Baekhyun said and bowed before going out. "Ah yes, I'll be coming to your firm for these few days to discuss about it, and if you have any doubts on the statements then, you can ask me."

"Tao, you are being very, very mean," Sohyun grumbled and threw the file on his desk. "What? It's just a joke," he grumbled and looked through the files, then closed it.
"That Baekhyun looks familiar, like I've seen him somewhere.." Tao frowned and tapped his chin. "He's my elementary -"
"Right! That guy who was in your house the other day!" He clasped his hands together and grinned. Sohyun rolled her eyes and sighed. "Bad memory."

"Ah yes, why are you in here?" Tao asked as he packed his stuff, ready to leave. She sat on the chair, swinging as she bit her lip. "I'm taking leave."

His ears perked up and he raised an eyebrow, sitting down and looked at SoHyun. "If you're taking leave shouldn't you be telling Kris or YongShik?"

"Oh right," she said and stood up. "I forgot." She walked out of the room. "You're the one with some memory problem here." Tao stuck his tongue out at her.

Sohyun walked out of his room and into the pantry then sighed. She shot up and looked around the pantry. "Why am I even in the pantry when I'm supposed to be in Mentor's room.." she mumbled and took in a deep breath, walking into his room.

She sat down on the seat, waiting for him to look up from his work. Taking in a deep breath, she said, "Kris."

He immediately looked up and slightly smiled.

"I've taken leave," she said. "For a week," she added. He placed his pen down and closed his file. "Why?"

"Oh nothing. Just that it's been quite some time that I've been your disciple for a while, and the bar exam is coming soon, I wanna use this week to reflect and study what I have experienced," she smiled, replying.

He nodded his head, pursing his lips. "I just hope you're not avoiding me."

She laughed awkwardly and shook her head. "Of course not. We should always set personal things aside."

"When is your leave starting?"

"Tomorrow," she immediately replied and pursed her lips. "If there's nothing else, I think I'll get going now."

He stood up and the files on his lap dropped. Sohyun walked towards his desk, stood beside him and picked the file under the table. "Be careful next time." She smiled.

"Sohyun." Kris held onto her wrist as she froze at her spot, taking in a deep breath, she shakily replied, "Yes?"

The next thing Sohyun's eyes widened in surprise, as she was literally stunned. Kris hugged her waist from behind, as he rested his chin on her shoulder, closing his eyes. "I'll wait," he whispered softly.

Sohyun blinked in surprise and she looked down at the ground, not making any sound."For..?" she shakily replied. 
He kissed her cheek. "For you," he whispered and her face reddened. She gulped, and cleared . "I .. I have some other work to do," she said quickly and Kris loosened his grip on her waist, as she gulped again and walked out of the room.


She sat at her desk, taking in a deep breath and exhaled. What. Just. Happened. In. There.
Her cheeks flushed red again and she quickly patted her cheeks. "Stop thinking Sohyun. Get a life," she whispered but the scene kept replaying in her scene.

She mentally screamed as she pulled her hair and shook her head. "I can't think. I cannot think and I won't think," she whispered and buried her face into her hands while Kris chuckled as he looked at her, breaking into a smile. "Just seeing her would already be able to brighten up my day."

-----


Hi to my lovely readers~

Many people thank me for updating, but I think you guys should get the thank you

Thank YOU for reading my story, enjoying my story. Thank YOU for commenting. Thank YOU  for subscribing. Thank YOU for upvoting.

All those small actions from you just brighten my day and I would really thank YOU for that. You guys just make my day I really love you guys. I just can't express my feelings for you guys 

I'm not sure when I'll update again because exams are round the corner and yea.

Please wait, love you lots and let's pray for victims in the sewol ferry that took place a week ago in Korea.