Undercover Lawyer

Suit Romance

19.

Sohyun smiled when she entered Kris' room. She had no idea, but she felt particularly delighted and happy. She walked into his room, smiling as she sat in front of him. "Good morning, mentor," she greeted, grinning.

Kris looked up and nodded. "Good morning."

"Valentines' Day's around the corner," she said and he nodded. "I know."

Just then, his stomach rumbled and he closed his eyes, sighing. Sohyun bit her lip and chuckled then took out a cup of coffee and a tuna sandwich then placed it on his desk. "Seems like you missed breakfast. I bought these downstairs. Have it while it's hot," she said, urging him on and his lips curved into a small smile as he gladly took it.

"Ah, one more thing," she said, fumbling in her shopping bag and she took out a box, then giving it to him. "Take it, just a small token." She smiled. Kris blinked in surprise and he looked at the black box, then opened the cover and he nodded when he saw a blue striped tie in the black box. "Thanks," he said sincerely, and he hid his smile.

She smiled back and nodded. "Welcome. I need to do my work now, call me if you need me," she said, then stood up from her seat and walked out.

After Sohyun went out, Tao burst into his room and jumped onto the chair, placing his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his palm, batting his eyelids innocently at Kris.

He rolled his eyes at Tao and sighed. "If the door breaks you're the first one I'm going after to pay for the damages," he sternly warned.

Tao rolled his eyes and nodded, his gaze was fixed on the tie and the sandwich on the table as he grabbed both items with his hands. Kris' eyes rounded in surprise and he frowned, snatching it back from Tao. "It's mine."

Tao smirked and eyed him suspiciously. "Relax. Just a sandwich, nothing special." he said while Kris shook his head. "It's special to me." He smiled secretly.

"Who gave it to you?" he asked. While Kris looked at him. "Uh.. Well.. It's.. I'm hungry," he snapped and bit half of the sandwich off, chewing it.

Tao nudged him as he glanced at the tie. "What about the tie then? You bought it?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows at him. "Ahh.. a woman?" he asked and Kris looked up at the ceiling. "My.. Well.. Juwon gave it to me." He shrugged.

"Gay." He shuddered and went out together with Kris and they both saw Sohyun with the rest of people in the firm crowding around her. Tao pushed himself in and he nudged Sohyun. "What's with everybody crowding you?" he asked while Sohyun's eyes lit up and she dug for his gift then gave it to him. "I've been looking for you. Here's yours," she said.

Tao raised an eyebrow at her and opened the box, to reveal a black tie. "Ahh," he said and he nodded, cracking a smile. "I gave the girls a brooch, while the male ties, fair, isn't it?" she said. "After all it's been quite some time since I've joined the firm and yet I didn't treat you to anything, so I just have to buy gifts." She smiled. "Plus, it's Valentines' Day."

"Thank you Sohyun! I love the brooch!" Ji Eun exclaimed and hugged her, while she giggled and hugged her back.

Tao stifled a laugh and looked at Kris, and he could see a change of expressions on his face that couldn't stop him from laughing out loud. "Sohyun, then what about your mentor?" he asked mischievously while Kris glared at him.

Sohyun looked at Kris and smiled. "He? He already has one. It's the blue tie," she said and Tao nodded his head. "I see, Juwon," he said while Sohyun blinked and looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "What Juwon?"

Tao turned to his shoulder as he glanced at Kris, to see him frowned and walked into his room before slamming the door.

Kris couldn't be bothered and he entered his room, continuing to do his work and ignoring the commotion outside.

Tao looked at Sohyun and smiled, shaking his head. "Well, someone thought he's special, but it's just a false alarm."

 

--

 

It was lunch time where the office was empty, only leaving Tao, Sohyun and Kris finishing up their work. And it was the only opportunity for Tao as he grinned evilly at Sohyun, slowly approaching Sohyun's desk. "Sohyunnie," he cooed, while Sohyun yelped and jumped in her seat.

"Sohyun-ah," he whispered seducively as he winked at her and she shuddered. "Stop it, Tao. You're .. creeping me out," she said, rubbing her arms as she shuddered once more. "What do you want?" she said, cutting to the chase and Tao grinned. "Why don't we talk in Kris' office?"

--

Sohyun and Tao sat in front of Kris while he glared at Tao. "No. I'm not going to do it. And Sohyun is not allowed. Plus, it's illegal," he said, shaking his head firmly while Tao and Sohyun exchanged looks. "But.. But.."

Kris shook his head firmly, cutting Sohyun off. "Tao, you cannot put Sohyun's life on risk."

"Come on Kris. That guy almost ually harrassed my client and now he is the one sueing my client when he should be the one sued. I'm just trying to help my client,"  he reasoned out. "And you want Sohyun to be the bait and test him?" Kris asked. Tao shrugged. "I'm just asking Sohyun to have dinner and dance with him that's all," he explained. "And, that guy even blamed her for psychological trauma, don't you think it's outrageous?" he said and Sohyun nodded her head firmly. "Precisely."

Kris immediately shot her a look and she gulped, looking down.

"And how does Sohyun act as a bait?" Kris asked. "Well, that guy came up with a stupid idea of charging her of psychological trauma towards women and he won't dare to get close to women," he scoffed.

Kris bit his lip and shook his head. "No. You can't. We cannot go near the defendant."

Sohyun clasped her hands together. "Wait a second. Tao, have you accepted the case?" she asked and he shook his head. "Still considering."

She smiled and looked at Kris. "Since Tao have not accepted the case, we still can approach the defendant." She smiled.

Kris rolled his eyes and clicked his pen. "No, no, no. I'm your mentor and I have the last say. And it's a no."

Sohyun and Tao sighed. "But mentor, this is really a good experience for me to learn-"

"Yea Kris! Look at your protege. Look at how smart she is. She definitely knows how to adept to the situation," he said and leaned forward. "Plus, I'll be there to look after her, relax," he whispered. He considered and sighed. "Fine then."

Tao clapped his hands and high fived Sohyun. "Great! I got information that the man is eating at an Italian Restaurant just around the corner at five in the evening. I'll pick you up at four, alright?" he asked and Sohyun nodded her head eagerly.

Kris looked at the both of them and quirked his lips. It's definitely impossible to trust his protege on Tao, and he definitely knows his protege can't even take care of herself.

He got to do something.

 

--

 

Sohyun knocked on Tao's door as she fixed her dress and her hair, fidgetting in her outfit while she scratched her neck. 

She was wearing the dress Kris bought for her the other day, all dressed nicely with light make up on and she can't wait to meet that defendant, to prove that she is capable and worthy as Kris' protege.

Tao opened the door and grinned at Sohyun. "Ready? Let's go!"

 

--

Soon, they arrived at the restaurant and Sohyun took in a deep breath, calming herself down. Tao unbuckled his seat belt and looked at Sohyun. "Go to the third floor, the Italian Restaurant is there and give me a signal when you see Yu Seyuk. Five minutes later you'll see me at a corner, alright?" he said and she nodded.

"Ah yes one last thing. This small device is for us to communicate, place it in your ear," he said and she nodded again.

Then, she stepped out of the car and walked up to the restaurant on the third floor. She looked left and right, then slowly stepped out of the lift and went into the restaurant, but was stopped by the waitress standing at the entrance. "Show me your VIP card please," she requested kindly while Sohyun blinked in surprise. "M-my friend is inside," she quickly came up with a lie. "Sorry, but you need to show your VIP card," she explained and Sohyun bit her lip.

"Tao, they won't let me in," she whispered and Tao quirked his lips. "Try to look for the Seyuk, he maybe will let you in if you can just plead with him or something."

She sighed and walked towards the waitress. "Please, my friend is really inside," she pleaded while Tao slammed a hand over his face and dragged it down. "I said plead with Seyuk not with the waitress," he muttered.

Sohyun had been pleading with the waitress for more than five minutes, but that waitress was still so determined and she shook her head firmly every second.

"She's my friend," a man called out and both the waitress and Sohyun turned.

The waitress immediately bowed. "Good evening Mr Yu," she greeted, while Sohyun looked at him and recognized him immediately.

It was him, the defendant. Yu Seyuk.

He looked at Sohyun and smiled politely. "Let's go," he said, leading her in the hand then brought her to the table and pulled a chair for her to sit.

She blinked in surprise and quickly pressed the button in her phone, sending a text to Tao.

Seyuk sent a charming smile towards Sohyun and she immediately smiled back. "Thank you," she said. Seyuk was a young man in his twenties with big eyes and a sharp jawline. His features were distinctive and he was dressed nicely in a blue suit with a light blue tie around his neck. His muscles fit tightly under his clothes and his black hair was neatly gelled up. He was indeed charming.

*He can be on par with mentor..*

"You're welcome. May I know your name?" he asked and Sohyun smiled. *He's agressive.* "It's, Hyunmi," she said. "And may I know your name?"

Tao got the message and immediately stepped out of the car.

"It's Seyuk, Hyunmi," he said politely. "Don't you know that you had to be a VIP of this restaurant in order to come in?" he asked and her eyes widened in surprise. Uh oh. She forgot to tell Tao that he needed a VIP card.

She chuckled and curled a strand of hair behind her ear. "My friend is a member, but she just told me she couldn't come," she quickly said, sighing as she shrugged.

 

Kris walked towards the waitress. "Table for two, thank you," he said, showing off his VIP card as he took off his sunglasses and hat then walked into the restaurant, his eyes scanning for Sohyun and Seyuk and he spotted them sitting at a corner.

He sat two tables away from them, squinting his eyes at them as he sighed. "What are they talking about," he muttered then looked at Sohyun, his eyes focusing on the outfit and he gawked at her. "Why is she wearing the dress I bought for her for these type of dinner," he grumbled, immediately frowning then shook his head. "Stay calm, Kris."

Tao walked out of the lift and swiped his bangs suavely at the waitress. "Table for two, please."

The waitress bowed and shook her head politely. "Sorry but please show your VIP card," she said and Tao's eyes rounded in surprise. "Wh-what? VIP? Oh right! I'm a VIP, but I left the card at home," he sighed and glanced at the waitress. "Can you just-"

"Sorry but you cannot enter."

Kris slowly brought the magazine down to his lap and sighed in disappointement when he looked at Tao from a corner, pleading the waitress, tugging onto her sleeve while he gave those cute faces at her.

He shook his head. He just knew Tao couldn't take care of her.

Tao groaned and ran a hand through his hair then walked out. "Damn, Kris is going to scold me for sure," he sighed.

Then, a person at a corner caught his eye. Kris looked at the familar person and scoffed when he saw Tao. Tao scratched his neck as he fixed his collar, sitting opposite a female who he used her trying to get in. The woman looked through the menu as she smiled at Tao. "What do you want to eat?" she asked sweetly while Tao looked at her and scratched his cheek. "Sorry, I need to use the toilet," he quickly said, then went to another table, sitting away from the woman.

 

Seyuk and Sohyun has been talking for more than ten minutes, chatting merrily when just then, the music played.

 

Seyuk stood up from his seat. "May I?" he asked, smiling as he reached his hand out for Sohyun and she blinked in surprise. "S-sure, but I can't dance."

"It's alright, I'll guide you," he whispered into her ear and she gulped, feeling uneasy, but she still forced out a smile. "Thank you."

Kris and Tao gawked at him and shook their heads in disgust. "Despicable," they said in unison, but were from separate tables. Tao quickly took out his camera and started filming.

Sohyun felt uneasy and uncomfortable as the music played even slower, and even longer. She could feel Seyuk was trying to get close to her every second even though they were already dancing so closely together.

She squirmed uncomfortably and accidentally tripped on her heels. She yelped and Yesuk immediatley helped her up, their face just a few centimetres away and she gulped, quickly helping herself up and smiled. "Thanks," she whispered.

Just then, the device in her ear was and Tao's voice could be heard. "Sohyun, get closer to him," he whispered while she blinked in surprise. "What?" she whispered. "It's so close," she said and Seyuk raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"I mean, we're quite close to the end of the music."

Just then Seyuk slowly leaned his body on her and rested his head on her left shoulder.

He closed his eyes and smirked.

Sohyun gulped. Only then, she saw Tao at a table and she felt slightly relieved. What do I do now? she mouthed and Tao bit his lip. "Seduce him," he quickly said while Sohyun's eyes rounded in surprise. What?! she mouthed, almost shrieking. She could feel Seyuk's breath on her shoulder, then travelling to her neck and she felt really uncomfortable, but yet she couldn't do anything.

Seyuk let out a soft sigh, his hot breath on Sohyun's bare neck and she mentally cried for help. She immediately craned her neck and stepped away from him but was quickly pulled back by him.

She stared at him in shock and forced out a smile, continuing to dance.

Just then, Kris walked towards Tao's table and took out the device from him. "Sohyun, step on his toe," he ordered and Sohyun nodded, then immediately used her heel to step his foot.

"Ouch!" he groaned and bit his lip. "Sorry Seyuk," she apologized while he smiled. "It's alright." Then, he held closer to her tightly, his hand on her waist tightening even more and she frowned. Slowly, he leaned forward towards her face, while she gulped, immediately panicking.

Tao shook his head in disgust. "I'll show this to the entire world and I'll see how you can get away with this," Tao muttered under his breath. "You're a bastard to us men," he muttered and Kris frowned. "Apart from that what else can you say Tao? You said you would take care of my protege and see? She's drowning!" he hissed. Tao blinked in surprise and frowned. "Uhm, Sohyun. Step on his foot once more, harder."

Sohyun nodded and aimed for his foot, but Seyuk moved his foot to one side. She stumbled forward.

"I had enough of your nonsense," Kris muttered under his breath and without hesitation, he stormed towards Sohyun and pulled her away from him before stepping onto his right toe. Ignoring his groans, he stormed out of the restaurant.

"Kris!" Tao hissed and quickly ran after them, exiting the restaurant. He ran after them, holding the camera in his hand while Kris and Sohyun stood outside of the building. "Kris! I almost had him! Tao almost had him!" Sohyun hissed.

"Yeah, but I think it's him who had you. It was so dangerous and I bet you didn't know what to do, right?" he sneered and she bit her lip.

"Hey, Sohyun, Kris, thanks. I got it. You can have your protege back," he said, looking at the video in the camera and he smiled. "Gotcha."

Kris looked at Tao and rolled his eyes. "Do that one more time and I'll wring your neck off," he said then directed his attention towards Sohyun. "And you. Don't ever do such stuff, and don't ever wear this dress on occasions like this. How can you wear the dress I bought for you to meet those type of people? It costs over a few hundred thousand won and you spent it on that Yesuk!" he hissed once more while Sohyun sighed. "It's Seyuk," she corrected while Kris waved it away. "I don't care. And one last thing, don't-"

"I know, don't ever listen to Tao, right?"

"It's good that you know," he said, nodding while Sohyun nodded, a smile slowly creeping onto her face.

Kris looked at her and he frowned. "Why are you smiling?"

Sohyun shook her head. "Nothing, just that, I'm really glad to have such a nice mentor like you," she confessed while Kris straightened his posture and fixed his tie. "Well, thanks. But you don't need to bootlick."

Sohyun scoffed and looked at the tie that he was wearing. It was the tie that Sohyun gave it to him in the morning. She stifled a laugh and nodded. "Yeah yeah, but I wasn't bootlicking."

"How dare you talk back at your mentor," he said, blinking in surprise."But I was just standing up for myself," she replied and Kris wanted to debate with her but he quickly stopped himself. "F-fine," he said and quirked his lips, annoyed and Sohyun bit back a smile. "Let's go," she said and tugged onto his sleeve and he nodded, annoyed but a tinge of happiness was in him too.

Sohyun's slowly slipping out of his control, and that was what he actually wanted her to be-Independent. But now, somehow he didn't like the idea of living without Sohyun, or Sohyun living without him.

He doesn't know what to do with Sohyun.

She drives him crazy at times, make his mind go bonkers but she always have some tricks to make him happy again, that Sohyun is really something.

-----


Yayyy I can't belive I updated!

School was strangling me, killing me and yet I updated! A miracle! :D

Happy reading my lovely readers! ^^