Maid on a Strike

Suit Romance

5

Sohyun walked into Kris house, as she pinched her nose, coughing badly. "When did this place stink so badly?" 
she murmured. She took in a deep breath and clasped her hands together, then rubbing it. "Time to clean up," she said confidently, as she looked at Kris house that was filled with his clothes and documents lying around, and her confidence dropped to negative.


No wonder Kris needed her to clean up his house. Suit and files were on the floor, on the sofa, and somehow clothes were just thrown on the ceiling fan. She sighed and looked around again. She can't help but fail to be a part time maid for Kris.


She sat on the sofa, then yelped and quickly got up. She was actually sitting on his files.

"Why is mentor's house so untidy, fortunately I have my grandfather to keep my house clean and tidy," she 
smiled at the thought of it, but was quickly replaced by a sigh as reality brought her back to his house.


The weekend was supposed to be spent with her family, but it was taken up to do this work that has no pay AT ALL.


Without further ado, she began her work after she tie up her hair and wear a mask. She first started with the living room, where the table was filled with cup noodles and files. She took away the cup noodles and threw it into the bin, then putting the files away and wiped the table clean. Once she saw the table was literally sparkling clean, she moved on to the next.


She bent to pick up the clothes on the floor, then shuffled to the sofa and picked up clothes, then went around the house, picking whatever clothes she saw. She even had to tip on her toes and jumped to get the clothes down from the ceiling fan.

She quickly threw it into a bag to bring it down to the Laundromat, then quickly arranged the files and documents, placing it at one corner.


Sohyun swept the floor, cleaned the plates, wiped the tables and chair, and also took the initiative to buy extra plastic bags for rubbish to help save the trouble then in the future Kris need not leave unused items in boxes meant for his files.


Just cleaning up his house took her one whole day, and made her feel so tired and exhausted, as she took off the mask.

Panting heavily, she sat on the floor. "After cleaning up the house I still need to go down to the Laundromat.. Why is my life so hard.." she groaned, panting as she looked at the clothes.

Then, she looked down at the floor and saw a cockroach crawling from the coffee table as she quickly jumped onto the sofa, looking around the house frantically as she grabbed for the insect repellent and hurriedly sprayed on the cockroach. She let out a big sigh of relief, and groaned once more as she pulled her hair, having the ponytail to be in mess. "I'm your disciple not your maid!" she screamed, but was interrupted by a call.

She jumped off the sofa and dashed towards the living room and quickly grabbed her bag. She quickly took out her phone and answered it. "Kris? What's up?" she asked, then picking up the clothes and throwing it into a bag.

"I need you to get my file from my room," Kris instructed, as he looked through his shelves in his room, while Juwon spun in his chair, waiting for him.

Sohyun hurried into his room. "It's on the shelf, second file from the right. Labelled as drunk assault, can you find it?"

Sohyun rummaged through the shelf, and finally found the file, and she nodded. "Found it. It's the blue folder, right?"

"Good. Bring it to the firm now, it's the case about Juwon," Kris said, and hung up. Sohyun tossed her phone into her bag and sighed then quickly ran down with the file. 

 

She looked at the title of the folder and tilted her head.*Drunk assault? Kris didn't told me about Juwon’s assault..* Sohyun thought as frowned upon her gaze landing on the label. She slowly opened up the document, letting her eyes fall upon the top sheets, as she read from the beginning.


Her eyes scanned through the document, as she flipped the pages through, then closing the document, frowning as she stared at the label, "Drunk assault."


Her grip on the file tightened, and she brought it near her chest, frowning. Once she reached the building, she immediately stormed out of the taxi and to the level, as she attempted to knock on his room, but instead eavesdrop on his conversation with Juwon.

"The police would keep holding onto the point that you assault, so I'll first have the character testimony of you," Kris explained, as he tapped the table with a pen, then glanced at his watch. "Sohyun should have reached, unless she met with an accident.." Kris immediately frowned at the thought of it. Juwon glanced up at the clock, and stood up. "I need to go now, it's getting late. We can discuss this tomorrow."


Kris nodded and glanced at his watch again. "I'll stay here to wait for Sohyun, or I'll call her later in case
she meets with an accident."

Juwon went out of the door, and saw Sohyun standing outside, as he nodded and smiled at her, while she stormed into Kris office. He looked up from his desk and smiled. "You're here. I thought you met up with an accident."

Sohyun threw the document on his table, frowning. "What does this mean?" she asked, while Kris raised an eyebrow and looked through the file. "This is the correct file, what do you mean?"

"I'm asking you. What do you mean by drunk assault? Juwon assaults? And you're helping him to get off the hook?" Sohyun asked harshly. "You know he's at fault. You know he's wrong and yet you're helping him, how could you!"

He sighed and pressed his lips into a firm line. "So you're saying I'm not supposed to take this case?"

“Duh!” she raised her voice, then shook her head in disgust. "I thought after changing mentor, I chose the right mentor to go with. I thought that you had integrity, I thought you were special, you still had moral values in you, that was why I wanted to be your disciple, but it seems like I chose the wrong mentor, again,” she said, sighing.

“Then would you listen to my explanation?" he asked. "Plus, don't you think you're kind of exaggerating because of this case?"


She shot Kris a look and shook her head in disappointment. "But after you trying to help a person get off the hook even though he's guilty, you totally proved me wrong. I have principles, and that is to only help the good, not to help the evil to corrupt and escape the law. I have a probation with. After the probation ends, I'll either choose Tao or change another mentor, but never would I go with you." Sohyun stormed out of his room and slammed the door shut, while Kris looked down at the file. "Didn't know her reaction would be this big," he murmured, sighing softly, closing his eyes then quickly chased after her. "Yah Kim Sohyun!"

Then, Tao's ears perked up as he looked away from his computer. "It's already so late, who could have entered?" he muttered.

He raised an eyebrow and peek through his glass door, to see Sohyun storming out of Kris office. The only lights that were  was Kris's room, and Tao's lamp that was near his desk, not entirely brightening up the room.

From his position, he could see Kris dejected and disappointed face. Tao knew, Kris can only be disappointed in two things. One is Sohyun, the other is him.

Sohyun stormed out of the firm, with Kris chasing after her. "Kim Sohyun I give you ten seconds to turn back and I'll still treat this as nothing have happened before! 10! 9! 8!" he shouted while Sohyun continued to storm away and muttered. "Dream on."
 "4! 3! 2!" he shouted and blinked as she continued walking further. "Is she crazy.." he muttered and frowned. 
"1 and a quarter! One and a half-"

Then, Sohyun stopped in her tracks, and Kris smiled. She turned back and glared at Kris, and stuck out her tongue at him, making a face while she rummaged through her bag and threw the house keys at him. "Take it!" she shouted and made another face before turning her back on him and board a taxi.

Kris blinked in surprise as he pointed a finger at her and frowned, crossing his arms and brought it to his chest, taking in deep breaths to calm down. "Fine!" he shouted and made a face make at her and walked back to the office, both of them going their separate ways.

People may think that she’s overreacting, but she feels that her it’s her dream to always be an upright lawyer, and now she wasted her time going with a wrong lawyer, wasting her three months, she felt herself being so stupid.

 

--

Kris tossed his keys on the sofa and kicked his shoes off his feet before sitting down on the sofa, sighing as he felt both comfortable but unbelievable.

He found it odd. Since when did he have a place to sit on the sofa?
He got up and dusted the sofa, and looked around. Clean and tidy. The tables were all wiped clean, those leftover cup noodles were left in the dustbin. Clothes that were supposedly hanging on the ceiling fan were all into a laundry bag.

The whole house was literally shining and glossy.

"Sohyun really did a good job.." Kris murmured, and softly smiled, but then sighed. "But I guess she won't come back to clean my house anymore.." he pouted and shook his head. "Who cares, I can just hire a helper," he muttered.

--

From that day, Sohyun tagged along with Kris, but if it was unnecessary, she would rather stay in the office to help Ji Eun help sort out documents than helping Kris out for Juwon's case. Kris would always try explaining to her but she would just shutting her ears and ignore him.
While the nosey Tao would always spy on Kris and Sohyun's behaviour at the pantry with his cup of coffee, noticing how Sohyun was so cold towards Kris, and how he would time to time look up from his desk to glance at Sohyun then sighed and resumed to his work. "Hmm, definitely Kris cheated on Sohyun," he concluded. "But they didn't even start dating," he murmured.

"Tao." Sohyun whispered from her desk. His ears perked up instantly, and he shuffled quickly from the pantry to her desk. "What's up."

"I was wondering, do you need any protégés?" Sohyun asked, anticipating for his answer, while he shrugged. "If there is I would want. What’s with that question?"

"Oh nothing. Just asking that's all. Because I want to gather some experience before becoming a lawyer in the future," Sohyun casually commented and she resumed to her work. Actually, she didn't even have any workto do. 
All her work was assigned by Kris, and now the latest case was the assault case which she extremely disagrees in participating because she has already found Juwon guilty evergreen the trial has even begun.

Tao narrowed his eyes at her, as he slowly walked back to his room, his gaze not leaving Sohyun and Kris. "Something fishy is going on with the two of them, unless Kris did something wrong?" he asked himself. He tapped his chin and took out a piece of paper.

He sketched out his drawings. A face with a triangle as the body and some lines on the head represents Sohyun, while a bald head with no body represents Kris. "Sohyun would hardly get angry with someone, unless he has done something wrong. And now she's angry with Kris, so that means he has done something wrong to her,"Tao said as he wrote down, then tapped the pen, analyzing.

"Reasons of why Sohyun's angry? Because Kris did something wrong. Because she didn't like the personality of Kris, but she should have known on the day on interview, so it can't be his personality," Tao shook his head and crossed out.

"Kris did do something wrong, but what? I remembered her saying she would flare up when villians get off the hook. But that depends on Kris whether he can help the victim, that can't let Sohyun be angry with him if he had done his best to nail the defendant, unless Kris is defending for the defendant." Tao's eyes widened in surprise, as he slammed the table, coming to a conclusion. "Now that's a different story.” He smiled and closed his eyes, wiping a fake tear off his face. “Oh Tao, why must you be so smart,” he praised.

-----