Pledge of Love

Suit Romance

44.

Kris walked towards the counter, having a conversation with the manager, while Sohyun was reading a guide book on Thailand.

They completed most of their deals, and met the most troublesome client-Saora of course, who immediately left the hotel once the deal was done. She didn't dare face Sohyun. Haha.

They walked out of the hotel together and walked towards the restaurant with their fingers interlaced. It was already evening, and it was time for their dinner, their candlelit dinner.

They passed by a pet shop and Sohyun immediately let go of his hand, entering the shop.

She pointed at a chihuahua that was in a cage, a glass window separating them and she grinned. "Kris, look!" she exclaimed. The store owner took out the chihuahua and carefully handed it to Sohyun. 

The chihuahua barked and wagged its tail, panting happily as it Sohyun's cheek and she laughed. "It's so cute," she said to Kris, looking at him and grinned while he looked at the dog and scratches its head, then kissed Sohyun's temple. "You're cuter," he said to Sohyun.

Sohyun looked at him with a weird look then burst into laughter, continue scratching its head and smiled. "Why thank you."

"You never told me you like dogs, Sohyun," he said.

"BT's allergic to dogs, and unnie doesn't like dogs, so we never kept a dog at home," she answered, slowly giving it back to the storeowner.

She sighed and bit her lip, unwillingly to take her eyes of the dog.

"Let's go," she said, tugging on his arm and exited the shop.

 

They entered the restaurant with a nice and cozy atmosphere. The lights were dim and at the table was a candle that lit up.

They sat down on the seats, facing each other and Sohyun smiled.

"Kris, I think this restaurant is awesome," she whispered and browsed the menu. "And the food looks nice too," she murmured, letting her fingers trace down the the words.

The waiter looked at the both of them. "Are you both here on your honeymoon trip? Why don't you try the lovers' set? It suits the both of you," he recommended.

Kris looked at Sohyun, and she looked back at him, cracking a smile. "Alright then, we'll have that."

The pianist started playing the piano, and other customers started getting up from their seats, going to the centre of the restuarant where it was the dance floor and started dancing slowly to the beat.

Sohyun immediately burst into laughter and covered her face, controlling her laughter.

Kris raised an eyebrow at her. "What's wrong?"

Sohyun stifled a laugh and shook her head. "I remembered when we were in Korea, I danced twice. Once was with Seyuk, the other with you. And both times, I stepped on the both of you," she explained and quickly broke into a laughter again, covering her face from embarrassment.

Kris sighed and rested his chin on his palm. "Why do you only remember those embarrassing incidents? Can't you remember how we kissed?" he whispered, leaning forward, raising an eyebrow at her.

"We kissed at five in the morning. Who the hell would do that," she replied, cracking a smile and shake her head.

Kris shrugged, then got up to his seat, went over to Sohyun's seat. "May I?" he asked.

Sohyun's eyes rounded in surprise and she laughed. "Kris! I can't dance! You know that!" she whispered.

Kris grabbed her hand and swfitly brought her up to her feet, leading her the way. "Just follow my moves."

"I have two left feet," she replied, sighing.

Kris shushed her and placed both hands on her waist. Sohyun took in a deep breath and smiled. "Don't blame me if I step on you," she whispered, placing her hands on his shoulders, resting her head on his chest and closed her eyes.

The music brought back to the day where Kris was dancing with her. She could feel the memories coming back, and it felt so real that she thought she was really travelling back to the past.

When she opened her eyes again, all she could see was Kris, and all Kris could see was her. It was as if they were in the spotlight. Other customers were hidden in the dark and they could see nothing but only the both of them with the music in the background.

"If only time could stop at this moment," Sohyun whispered, holding him tighter and he nodded, bringing her closer to his body, wrapping his arms around her waist even tighter.

Then, he brought his hand up and carressed her cheek slowly, it was exactly back then.

He softened and smiled, looking into her eyes. He tilted her chin up with his thumb then leaned forward, pressing his lips on hers.

Sohyun slowly closed her eyes, melting into the kiss as she kissed him back, slowly yet a passionate kiss they shared.

Kris closed his eyes, his hand slowly travelling to the back of her neck, nudging her closer as they closed up the gap in between them.

The lights slowly turned back on and Sohyun slowly smiled. She could feel stares around her and she couldn't help but feel embarrassed yet proud.

She slowly broke the kiss, opening her eyes again, and grinned at him. Kris looked back at her and smiled, then quickly did a quick peck on her lips, before slowly going back to their own table, just before their dinner was served.

 

After finishing their dinner, they walked out of the restaurant together with their hands linking.

"Hold on Sohyun, stay here for a moment. I'll get something from the hotel," he said.

"I'll go with you then, the hotel's not too far from here," she said, holding his hand tightly. He smiled. "Just wait here," he said and kissed her forehead, before letting go of her hand and ran towards the hotel.

Sohyun stood outside of the restaurant, waiting for Kris patiently to come back.

Her phone rang in her pocket, a call from Kris.

"Sohyun, do you need anything from the hotel?" he asked, crossing the road.

Before Sohyun could even reply, she heard a loud car honk from the other line, that was followed by an ear piercing noise then, a crash before the line went dead.

Her eyes widened in shock and she gulped. "Kris? Kris?" she called for his name, and realised that the call ended.

She immediately flustered, shaking the thought of Kris getting into an accident out of her mind. She made a dash towards the hotel. The tears slowly formed in her eyes, blurring her vision but she just wiped them away, sniffing and continued running. "Kris.."

When she reached the entrance of the hotel, she looked around her surroundings. There was no accidents, no traces of Kris, but that doesn't mean Kris was fine.

She wiped her tears away shaking her head. "Kris, where are you?" she whispered, her fists clenched tightly in anxiousty and concern. She looked around again anxiously, her body shaking and her eyes darted around everywhere.

Suddenly, she felt her world crashing. What if Kris was gone? What would she do?

Then, she started regretting everything.

She regretted not spending more time with him. She regretted not sticking to him like glue everyday. She regretted every single thing that she has not done with him, and regretted not doing even more for him.

And, regretting dragging her time, his time, delaying, hesitating to get married.

 

Then, she got a call again, and Kris' name appeared.

"Kris?" she asked, gulping.

"Sohyun, it's me," he said on the other line. Sohyun didn't know how her feelings escalated and it was like a roller coaster, finally her nerves were calming down when she heard his voice again.

She calmed herself down, breathing in and out. "Kris, are you okay?" she asked worriedly, continuing to look around, spinning in circles.

"Relax, Sohyun. Turn behind."

She turned, and saw him.

Kris was there, standing perfectly, no cuts, no scratches and no blood around him. Sohyun looked at him, and was in the brink of tears. She ran towards him and hugged him tightly, closing her eyes.

"I thought you were dead!" she cried and immediately hit him while he grabbed both her hands and crashed his lips into hers.

She softly kissed him back, and he softly smiled, then broke the kiss.

He wiped away her tears, rubbing his thumb on her cheek and softened as he looked at how worried and concerned Sohyun was because of him. "You finally know how I felt when I thought I was about to lose you in the hands of Jiho," he whispered and kissed her one more time.

Sohyun slowly nodded, wiping her tears away.

He took in a deep breath. "When you realized you were kidnapped, you were afraid to lose me, I was too. And because of that, I realized how much you mean to me. I can't let you go that easily, that's why I wanted to marry you. It wasn't because I was rash, but because I love you so much, Sohyun," he explained.

"What if you're gone, what will happen to me? I want to marry you because I want to do everything with you before both of us are gone. If we keep dragging we don't know what the next second will happen. Will we be separated because of death?" he asked, his eyebrows raised and softened. "I'm scared, I don't want that to happen before I marry you. Marriage, is a pledge of love, my love to you, do you understand?" he whispered, slowly there were tears in his eyes.

Tears of what will happen in the future, tears if he really cannot spend his entire life with her, tears if there's a chance he will lose Sohyun again.

He took in a deep breath and slowly held both of her hands. "Kim Sohyun, I'll ask you one more time, will you marry me?" He said.

She wiped away her tears and took in a deep breath. "When I  thought you were gone, I regretted many things. I regretted why didn't I accept you, why did I drag for so long when I know what I really want. Saora made me understand, that I hesitate too much which I shouldn't. It's wasting your time and my time. Why can't I say yes when the answer was already in front of my eyes? I was just delaying, which I know I should stop," she whispered and slowly cracked a smile. "Kris Wu, I do."

And at that moment, fireworks were shot up into the sky.

Kris smiled and looked at the staff that was in the hotel, he smiled and they smiled back.

Sohyun looked up in the sky. The fireworks continued shooting up into the sky, bursting into sparks of all colours which lit up the entire sky and Sohyun was definitely amazed. "You did all of this?" she asked, touched by his actions and he shrugged. "Proposal to the woman I love is once in a lifetime, of course I had to make it memorable for the both of us."

He grinned and quickly took out the ring that was in his pocket but he couldn't find it. He fumbled in his pocket and frowned. "Where is it?" he wondered.

Sohyun blinked and raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong?"

"The ring, I can't find it," he said.

It dawned upon him and he groaned. "I left it with Tao!" he exclaimed and mentally smacked himself.

Sohyun cracked a smile and laughed. "You literally spoiled the entire atmosphere," she said, laughing and Kris scratched the nape of his neck, smiling sheepishly.

The hotel manager with the other staff came outo of the hotel. Three of them were playing the instruments. A ukele, violin and recorder while the hotel manager handed the flowers to Kris.

He quickly plucked out one of the flowers, then twisted the twig around in circles.

He handed the twig, that was now a wooden ring with a small rose in the middle to Sohyun and she smiled, then stretched her hand out.

Kris went on one knee, then gently placed the ring into her finger.

He stood up, and wrapped his arms around Sohyun, lifting her up and hugged her tightly, grinning.

Sohyun grinned excitedly and she looked up at the sky, that was left with small sparks of the fireworks and she sighed in content, closing her eyes just to enjoy those few moments of happiness, and also the start of a new life.

He placed her down on her feet, and Sohyun pressed her lips against his and she slowly felt his smile on her lips, which she was doing the same.

The staff smiled and applauded, surrounding the couple as they continued playing, while Kris broke the kiss and grabbed Sohyun's hand, smiling at her while they swung their hands side to side.

She looked at the ring and she grinned. "I think this ring is priceless. It has more value than that diamond ring," she said. "Thank you, Kris for such a memorable, night," she whispered and they embraced into a hug, closing their eyes.

-----


A/N Okay so firstly, there are two yays!

Yay for me! Finally able to update after so many weeks like oh god it's always school that's keeping me occupied!

Second yay for Sohyun! Finally saying 'I do' those two magical words! Woohoo! Haha! Thanks for those who were supporting this story since the start or those who just started supporting! Anyway, a big thank you to all of you readers out there! Love y'all!

And ... They are supposedly married now!? Or engaged??? HAHAHA So excited to write the next chapter! ^^ 

Do remember to comment subscribe, and upvote if you enjoy it! <3 Many hearts and kisses to all of you :*

One more thing, what font size should I use? I'm stuck between 16 and 18.. 16 seems too small, but 18 seems too big. If there's only a 17 T.T

But it is you that will be reading, so please tell me which font size you prefer! Thank you!