Darkness

Suit Romance

31
 

Kris looked at the burnt piece of paper again and sighed as he closed his eyes, lying on the bed.


Some say it's not easy for two to go though hard times together, but for me, I think the good times is actually the test.
I remember the days when we went camping, we were lost in the forest, we didn't have enough money but we weren't scared because we were together.


I remembered we shared a cup noodles when we ran out of money during an exchanged program when we were overseas, waiting for our parents to send some money over. We weren't full, but I was still happy, because I was with you.

Remembering that we were saving up hard for a trip during the holidays was fun and a motivation.
It's good to have something to look oreads to, without dreams, it means no future, no hope to live for.

Now that you have passed the exam, and met a mentor before you were even completed, you have no dreams to work for no motiviation to carry on, and for me? I've lost everything. No more dreams for me, because my dreams were you.

I had thought of confronting you, because the blame is actually partly shared between us. I tried spending time, balancing between studies and seeing you, and I did. Or maybe you think I didn't did a good job, so you looked for another girl, my best friend..
At the end, I didn't looked up for you, because I don't have the courage to face you and my best friend, holding hands together and smiling, then I'll appear in front of you, spoiling your day.
I'm scared of facing this, facing this question that has been in my mind. Would you still choose my best friend over me? That's what I was scared of, scared of losing, scared of everything..



Kris opened his eyes and blinked, looking up at the ceiling.

He sat up straight and walked out of his bedroom as he looked at his watch. 4.15a.m.

He ringed Sohyun, waiting for her to answer the call but it was diverted to the voicemail.

Sohyun snored as she rolled to her left, sleeping soundly.

Kris sighed. "That girl must be sleeping, I guess there must be a change of plans."

--

5.00am

Sohyun slowly stirred awake. Her eyes slowly opening as she glanced at the alarm clock. Immediately, her eyes widened and she jumped out of her bed. "I'm late!"

She quickly ran down the staircase, skipping two steps and landed on the ground swiftly as she ran towards the door.

She quickly opened the door to see Kris outside, looking down at her and she gulped. "Sorry, Kris," she whispered.

Kris stared at her and grabbed her hand. "Change of plans."

They both got into Kris' car. Turning on the engine, he drove off early in the morning where the street lights were still on and the sky was dark.

"It's not even dawn, where are you going?" Sohyun asked, rubbing her eyes. It was still early in the morning, the sun wasn't up, not many cars were on the road, and to be exact, only Kris' car was on the road.

"Dancing."

"Dancing?!" she repeated. "Early in the morning and we're going dancing? Don't you think it's a bit too early?"

Kris shook his head, his eyes fixed on the road in front of him. "We were supposed to go running, but since you overslept, we had to change our plans and go dancing. Or should I say, learn how to dance for the upcoming charity ball," he explained and Sohyun sighed, yawning. "Charity ball again? Can you count me out?" she asked.

5.15a.m.

"Let's go," he said as he unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car. Sohyun raised her head up as she looked at the restaurant. The sign wasn't even light up. "Kris, it's really too early. We can't just possibly booked a restaurant when it's not even opened for business. Plus we're going there not to eat but to-"

"I've got the keys from the boss. Don't ask how, don't ask why. Just follow me up," he said, cutting her sentence.

"Wait a second isn't this the restaurant where I met Seyuk?" she whispered, entering the fancy restaurant. Taking a second look, Sohyun could see how the layout and design of the restaurant fits into the theme of a ballroom. Without any customers, seeing empty tables and chairs, Sohyun could see how spacious the place is. The floor was carpeted, the walls were painted with a thin layer of gold, and covered with red curtains. Sohyun walked closer. In the middle of the chairs and tables that were arranged, was an empty area.

Kris walked towards the end as he played a slow tune, and walked towards the area, holding onto Sohyun's hand. He swiftly led her to the area and placed her hands on his shoulders, while he placed his hands on her waist.

The music played and Sohyun blinked in surprise. "We're practicing, here?" she asked, while Kris nodded. "Now follow my steps. When I move left, you move along with me. Just follow me whatever I do, alright?" he whispered and she slowly nodded.

She looked up at him, then slowly looked down at her feet, moving her feet as Kris moved his. He tilted her chin up, looking at her. "You cannot look at your feet when you're dancing. Just listen to the music, and follow my movements," he said, closing his eyes and Sohyun nodded.

They danced around the area, Sohyun slowly getting the hang of it. The lights were slowly dimmed as Sohyun concentrated on Kris' face, her hands on his shoulders, and his hands on her waist. Kris opened his eyes and he raised one of his hands up, then placed it on her cheek, slowly placing her head on his chest as their bodies were even closer.

"Close your eyes," he ordered and she closed her eyes, resting her head against his chest. 

When she opened her eyes, her pulse quickened, and her eyes rounded in shock. All of the lights were turned off except the spotlight that was shining on them. She stopped dancing, looking at Kris frantically while he shushed her. "Don't panic and look at me. The light is still on. Carry on dancing, don't stop," he said, continuing dancing to the music.

Sohyun looked into his eyes, her grip on him tightened and she slowly moved along with his body. His hands on her also tightened, while he looked into her eyes. Then, the spotlight on them slowly became dimmer, and soon, all of the lights were switched off.

Sohyun gulped. She breathed in heavily while Kris placed his forehead on hers. "Just keep looking at my eyes and nothing else. Don't look at your surroundings, you're with me. You don't need to worry, nor panic," he said and Sohyun took in a deep breathe. She could feel his hot breathe on hers and she bit her lip.

She looked up, casting her gaze upwards. "I can't. I really can't."

"You can."

"I can't."

"It's possible. Look into my eyes, just keep looking, just know that you're not alone."


"No, I'm not su-" Kris cut her off, as he pressed his lips against hers, catching her off guard. He brought his hand to her neck, nudging her closer while he deepened in the kiss, having Sohyun to melt in the kiss.
 

Slowly, he broke broke the kiss, and spoke once more. "Can you see me?"

Sohyun shook her head and Kris could feel it. "Look at my eyes," he ordered. She gulped, concentrating as she focused, looking at his eyes that were looking down at her. "Even if you cannot see my eyes, can you feel my touch?" he asked. Sohyun nodded, her grip unconsciously tightened even more. "Now, can you see my eyes?" he asked one more time and Sohyun slowly smiled. "Yea."

"Let it continue like this, and let's carry on," he whispered.

As long as Sohyun can remember, she kept her eyes fixed on Kris, because she could see that her light was him. The one that could helped her, and the one that she could depend on- Her mentor, Kris Wu.

Not only can she see her, but she could feel his presence as well, which was what made her feel comforted.

Even when the music stopped, they stopped, but Sohyun didn't dare look away from his eyes. Kris looked at her, he leaned forward, until their noses touched and Kris smiled.

He slowly let his hand travel up to her cheek, carrassing it, before letting his hand travel to her neck and the other hand tightened around the waist. Then, he leaned forward, once again pressing his lips against hers. Kissing her passionately, while she slowly kissed him back. He closed his eyes, moving forward with every kiss until their bodies touched. Sohyun closed her eyes, her hand slowly travelling down to his waist as she held him tighter.

He groaned, nudging her closer, kissing her harder.

At some point in time, Sohyun finally came to her senses. She opened her eyes, blinking in shock. She squirmed out of his grip which were hard as his hand was wrapped tightly around her waist and she pulled away abruptly. "What in the world-"

Kris pulled her back, crashing his lips against hers once more as he kissed the nape of her neck. Sohyun blinked furiously and she pulled away even harder, squirming uncomfortably, pushing him away. "Kris!" she coughed, clearing as the sun began to rise.

"Great dancing skills. I think that's it, for now," she murmured and quickly ran out of the restaurant, leaving Kris alone in the restaurant, blinking.

Slowly, he bit back a smile as he his lips. "At least we're going smoothly," he shrugged.


--

The next morning when Sohyun went to work, her female colleagues smiled admiringly at her and everyone was nudging her.

"What's wrong?" Sohyun asked, smiling and raising an eyebrow at them while they giggled and pointed at her desk. "You have a secret admirer Sohyun! How sweet!" Cherry giggled and covered with the file.

Everyone gathered around her desk and Sohyun sat on her desk, looking at the pile of flowers on her desk. Roses, lilies and tulips.

Her hand slowly brushed against the flowers, and her hand slowly travelled up to the card. "I can wait."

Cherry and Ji Eun peeked and swiftly snatched the card from her hand.

"Let's see.. Wait a second, it's anonymous," Ji Eun frowned and passed it to Cherry.

SoHyun frowned and got it back while they pouted, then started to . "Sohyun, tell us. How do you get to know men apart from our firm?" Ji Eun nudged her while she shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know," she said and took another card that was in between another bouquet. "I'll prove it to you."

"Hmm, Sohyun hardly knows anyone, unless it's from the building. But I hardly even see a man coming up," Cherry tapped her chin and thought while Ji Eun quirked her lips. "Well it maybe the lawyer on the level above us. Remember he was looking at Sohyun whenever we dined at the restaurant the floor below us," Ji Eun said and snapped her fingers.

"Well, can it be Tao? But he doesn't look like the type of romantic man.. Unless its YongShik?" Ji Eun laughed at her own speculation and Cherry laughed along with her.

YongShik came out of his room and cleared his throat, nudging the two girls that were giggling non stop. "Aren't you supposed to be working?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at them and they immediately stifled a laugh, then quickly went to their desks.

YongShik peered and glanced at Sohyun. "Nice job Sohyun. Keep up the good work." He smiled while Sohyun blinked in surprise. "W-what?"

She looked at the other cards that were attached to different bouquets, and she softened. She looked up at Kris's room through the glass window, seeing him studying cases seriously, jotting down notes and never once lifting his head up to rest.

"You didn't need to do so many things for me.." she murmured and sighed softly.

Tao walked in, whistling as he drank his coffee with one hand, and the other hand carrying his briefcase.

Tao looked at Sohyun then at her desk which was surrounded by flowers and he choked on his coffee. "Sohyun! Where did you get that flowers from?! Who who who! Tell me!" he screamed and immediately shook her shoulders. "I.. I.."

Without further ado, he immediately barged into Kris's room, breathing in heavily. "Do you know that Sohyun has a secret admirer? You have a rival Kris'l he screamed while Kris smiled, looking up at him. He tilted his head, shrugging his shoulders and continued his work.

Tao's eyes widened in shock and he gawked at him. "What?! You don't care?! How could you not care! How could you!" he cried and slammed the door shut.

Kris couldn't help but crack a smile, shaking his head in amusement and looked at SoHyun, looking at the flowers and cards, smiling.

-----