Greatest Gift

Suit Romance

50.

It’s been the seventh week since Kris was admitted into the hospital.

And it has been seven weeks since Sohyun last smiled.

She almost took all of the days off from work just to take care of Kris. And also hoping to be the first one Kris sees when he wakes up.

 

Sohyun dabbed the wet towel on Kris’ forehead.

At least what made Sohyun relieved was Kris was out of ICU and into the general ward.

No more machines surrounding him.

She sat on the chair beside him, holding his hand and placing it near her cheek Her cheeks were pale, just like Kris'.

She could feel the warmth in his hand, transferring to her cheek and it was comforting.

BT knocked on the door and stepped in. “Sohyun, I’ve brought some congee for you to eat.”

“Not now BT. I want to accompany Kris a while more,” she said, her eyes not leaving Kris.

“Sohyun-“

“You can put it here. I’ll eat it. But not now.”

“Sohyun-“

She got up from the seat and stumbled towards BT.

BT quickly caught her in the arms as she slowly got up and smiled weakly. “Sorry BT. You can go first. I want to spend more time with Kris.”

“It’s been seven weeks you can’t go on any longer. You used up all of the days off. You can’t just escape from everything and hide together with Kris. You have to move on even if Kris doesn’t wake up. Are you going to be like this forever?” BT asked.

She smiled weakly once more. “I... Kris.. I know Kris, is going to wake up soon. I know..” she whispered.

Sohyun heard his words. Sohyun heard it.

But she couldn’t move, she didn’t had the energy to.

She took in a deep breath. Until the world began to spin and black dots appeared before her eyes, she sank down in a dead faint.

“Sohyun.. Sohyun!”

She closed her eyes.

 

When Sohyun opened her eyes again, she saw the ceiling, the lights that shone on her.

She blinked once.

Then blinked twice.

And she looked around the surroundings. She shot up from the bed and looked down at her dressing. She was in hospital clothes.

BT was beside her and he helped her up. "BT, I .."

"You fainted. But you're fine now," BT whispered. "You had insufficient amount of sugar, they put you on IV drip."

Tao burst in, panting heavily.

Sohyun was startled and she looked at Tao,blinking her eyes.

“Kris.. Kris..” Tao panted.

 

 

Sohyun twisted the knob and pushed the door. She entered the ward and she saw almost everyone she knew was surrounding the bed.

Then, she caught a glimpse of Kris standing up.

Everyone in the ward made way for Kris and now, Sohyun could see Kris clearly.

She covered and took in a deep breath, calming herself down before the tears started to form.

Kris looked up at Sohyun and smiled. “Sohyun,” he whispered.

Sohyun ran towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her head in his shirt.

Kris hugged her. He placed his hand on her head, running his hand down her hair. “I’m sorry for making you scared Sohyun. It’s aright. It’s alright. I’m fine now. Don’t need to be scared,” he comforted her and she nodded, smiling and she hugged him even tighter.

 

 

Five years later.

“It’s too much,” Sohyun chided Kris and he shook his head. “It’s just right.”

“No, it’s not.” She frowned. She looked out of the kitchen. “Yihyun!” she called out. A little boy, ran down the stairs and stood in front of Sohyun, looking up at her and giggled.

Sohyun grabbed the bowl of rice and bent down, smiling. “Yihyun, is this enough for your lunch?” she asked.

Yihyun frowned and covered his mouth. “Omma! That’s too much for me to eat!” he exclaimed, and within seconds, ran up the stairs again.

Sohyun got up from her feet and raised an eyebrow at Kris while he scoffed. “Soyi!” he called out. Then, a little girl ran down the stairs and stood in front of Kris.

“Soyi, tell appa. Is this enough for you?” he asked. Soyi looked and grinned. “It’s just right!” she exclaimed. Kris smiled and pointed at his cheek. “Alright then, give appa a kiss and go and play with Yihyun,” he said.

Soyi planted a kiss on his cheek, before screaming excitedly and ran up the stairs into the room to play with her twin brother.

“See?”

“It’s a draw then,” she said and Kris shrugged, nodding his head.

Sohyun placed both bowls on the dining table and Kris immediately wrapped both arms around her waist and lifted her up.

Ignoring her yelps, Kris placed her down in the kitchen, pinning in against the wall and he smirked.

“Yah, what do you want?” she asked.

He ran a hand down her hair and curled a strand behind her ear, cocking his head to one side. “What do you think?” he asked, biting his bottom lip and looking into her eyes.

He slowly leaned forward, tilting his head to one side and pressed his lips against hers, slowly nibbling her bottom lip and held her waist tightly.

Sohyun smiled and chuckled. Slowly placed her hand around his arm then pulled away.

Kris frowned. “Yah, isn’t it a bit too fast?” he grumbled.

“Be careful of my stomach,” she whispered and Kris immediately placed his hands up, slowly backing away.

The doorbell rang and Sohyun immediately rushed to it. But before she could even move, she was gently pulled back by Kris and landed safely in his arms. “And you told me to be careful of your stomach.” He sighed. “I’ll go get it.”

“What’s up Kris!” Tao exclaimed and hopped into the house. “Yihyun! Soyi! Your god father is here!”

“Tao ajjusshi is here!” Kris corrected and Tao immediately whacked his head. “When was I even ajjusshi! It makes me sound so old,” he grumbled.

“When did you even started to whack my head,” he said and whacked Tao’s head in revenge.

BT and Sohyun’s sister followed in, shivering as they took off their boots and winter coat.

Sohyun dried her hands clean and took off her apron, walking into the living room.

They sat down together in Kris and Sohyun’s new house as one big family before dinner together with Soyi and Yihyun.

Tao bought toys for the twins for Christmas and they went up to the twins’ room before dinner.

BT talked to Kris, while Sohyun chatted together with her sister after her marriage.

“You chose a nice house, Sohyun,” her sister said, looking around at the decorations. “You chose a good husband too.”

She nodded. “Kris really is a perfect husband. He helped me alot when I was pregnant. He would help me tie my shoelaces when I couldn’t reach them. When we go out, he would always hold my hand tightly and close to him.” She giggled.

“So how’s your third child coming along?” she asked. Sohyun looked down and placed her hand on her stomach. “Now when I’m carrying this six weeks old child, I hope it’s a boy. Kris likes boys. I want him to be happy,” she whispered.

“Kris is also lucky to have you as his wife, always selflessly loving him and caring for him.”

“It’s mutual love and respect. We both give in our best in whatever we do for each other, because we love each other, and that’s what keeps out marriage going on smoothly for five years.” She smiled.

 

 

Kris yawned and pulled the covers up. “Sohyun, let’s sleep now.”

“Coming!”

Sohyun crawled on the bed covered and lay beside Kris while he pulled the covers over themselves and lay in bed.

“Goodnight Kris,” she said, as usual. “Goodnight Sohyun.”

She closed her eyes and smiled.

Within seconds, she opened her eyes and looked at Kris who was staring at her. “You shouldn’t stare at a pregnant woman at night. You will give her a heart attack,” Sohyun said.

“I love you,” Kris said and she pressed her lips against his. “I love you too.” She snuggled close to him.

He sighed and cleneched his fists tightly. “When can we do it again, Sohyun?” he whispered.

Sohyun laughed and looked up at him. “So you couldn’t sleep because you want to do it again? Seriously Kris?”

“Come on, Sohyun.”

“But I’m pregnant! It’s too strenous for me,” she said, sighing. Kris groaned and turned to face the ceiling.

“Fine, fine. Just, one more time. But, less tiring, please?” Sohyun pleaded and Kris nodded immediately. ”I’ll give in to you, okay?”

“Oh, and don’t make any noise. I dont want to wake the twins up,” Sohyun said and they got out of bed.

 

 

“Take that!” Sohyun whispered lowly, panting hard within ten minutes and Kris gulped and took in a deep breath. “Well take this then!” Kris shouted and she immediately covered his mouth.

“Not so loud!”

Kris smiled apologetically and rubbed his neck. “Sorry.”

Sohyun was already panting and she paused the game. “I’m tired already, Kris. You can play on your own.”

Kris gawked at her. “But just one player isn’t enough! Come on! Play with me? Just for another five more minutes?”

“You are making me hate xbox. Hating table tennis,” she said, panting and she turned off the wii console.

“Alright, alright.”

They lay back in bed. Kris carressing Sohyun’s stomach while she rest on his chest.

“Sohyun, I love you, again,” he whispered into her ear, playing with her hair. She smiled. “I love you too, again.”

He placed his ear to her stomach and sighed. “I wish he would be born right now,” he whispered and Sohyun cracked up. "For this year's Christmas gift, I hope I would be able to win more lawsuits." She grinned.

Kris looked up at her and snorted. "I'm not as greedy as you, Sohyun. I'm already satisfied. I already have my Christmas gift with me," he said, wrapping his arms around her.

"What is it?"

Kris bit back a smile. "My greatest gift is you, and the one in your womb," he whispered and kissed her cheek.

 


ASDFGHJKL this story has finished... For some reason I'm sad about it....

But happy ending!

As you expected, Kris woke up. Duh.

Andddd, new story! featuring EXO's Chanyeol and Baekhyun + OC!

You can read my other story I'm currently on too!

Thank you soooo much for being with me throughout the entire story! I love you guys alot and I hope you would continue to support my other stories! ^^

New story [Click Here]

Other Ongoing Story [Click Here]