Regrets

Meant To Be

 


“You are suggesting me to do what?” Chorong’s sudden outburst certainly attracted some attentions from the customers who were in the store at the moment. Before she can increase her voice pitch higher, Namjoo clasped her hand over Chorong’s mouth.

Things stayed like that for a while and when she conclude that her unnie has finally calmed her nerves down, she finally removed her hands with munching on a cookie avoiding the glare that Chorong is giving her. Park Chorong never likes it whenever someone piped her down in such way.

Then, the attention drifted back to Hong Yookyung in front of her who calmly sipping on the hot cup of tea that has been served by Bomi’s employees just now.

“Unnie, it’s not like what I have just suggested is super crazy. Isn’t it normal for married couple to do things like that?” Chorong really want to face-palmed herself and also smack the younger one for her suggestion.

“What? What just happened? I heard Rong unnie’s loud shout from the shop front. What?” Bomi who knew nothing about what has just happened looked confused as she look around the room only to find one married lady that has her eyebrows furrowed like there is no tomorrow, an art-school teacher that has her day off that is helping herself to the cookies, a painter who just came from her studio who looked as if she can’t believe what is happening.

A company executive sipping her tea calmly, a lawyer on her lunch hour that is shaking her head, and also the Broadway star, laughing her heads off.

“Ask Yookyung and the girls. They just gave me the worst and the craziest ideas in the history of mankind ever!”

“Unnie! You are exaggerating things a bit too much!”

“Oh my! Can someone please tell me what have happened here? I have no single idea what you girls are talking about!” seeing the distress Bomi, Eunji sighed before she sent off a sign to Namjoo telling the younger one to tell the story.

“Its nothing really. Yookyung unnie just suggested to Chorong unnie to plan a surprise birthday party for her husband and that is pretty much it. Chorong unnie practically blew up when she heard the suggestion.” Bomi who finally heard the whole story can’t help but gaped at her unnie.

“Really unnie? That is not that crazy. It is normal isn’t it?”

“But you couldn’t expect me to throw a birthday party for him. He might dislike it for sure.” her voice pitch began to lower as she kept her gaze on the cup of tea in her hands right now. The 6 girls exchanged glances as their unnie’s expression began to change. This kind of topic surely isn’t the thing that Chorong like the most.

“You girls already know about my situation here. We are married just because our parents wanted us too. No feelings of love are involved in our relationship. How in the heavens would you think that he would like it if I throw a birthday party for him when he could just spend the day with his girlfriend?”

The girls exchanged glances with each other and Hayoung was the one who spoke out.                                

“But unnie, shouldn’t you even make an effort to win his heart?”

“Hayoung’s right unnie. As the love-maker here, I agree 100 percent with Hayoung.” the self-proclaimed love-maker, Jung Eunji spoke out with a serious tone in her words despite a small smile on her face.

“Love don’t just come in your way just like that unnie. The people themselves need to make an effort.”

“I know that Yookyung-ah. But, he already has Jooyi. There is no way I can take that special space in his heart. Plus, I don’t even know if I have any feelings for him yet.”

“Unnie, love is something that came without any notice and without even ourselves knowing it. Who knew our brother-in-law already have some feelings for you yet he himself don’t realize it just yet. And maybe, the same thing occurs to you too unnie and you have yet to realize it.” Naeun who has been quiet the whole time finally spoke up leaving the whole room being in silence.

“I really don’t know girls. I honestly don’t.” Bomi, Eunji, Naeun, Yookyung, Namjoo and Hayoung sighed when they realized that they can never talk some sense into their unnie. She is stubborn as ever even when the matter of her heart is involved. Looks like only the lady herself is able to figure the thing herself.

 


 

Suho, Sehun and Baekhyun almost had an headache as their eyes trails over to Chorong who kept walking back and fro in her office. The three were kind summoned by the lady a few minutes ago and yet they questioned her intentions as she has yet to say anything about why she asked to meet them when she has the day off today.

“Noona. Please. Can you just tell us the reason why you called us here? Instead of making our head spinning and in pain looking at you who have been all over the room all this time?” Baekhyun and Suho who seem to agree with the youngest in the room only nodded while their eyes has yet leave Chorong’s figure.

The lady seems a bit hesitant but after a while negotiating with herself, she finally gather her courage to say the words that has been on her mind for so long.

“Guys. I need to ask a favor from all of you. Well, you see. Umm, tomorrow is umm… How should I say this. Argghh. I am so gonna kill myself for this. You see… well…”

“Tomorrow is Luhan hyung’s birthday and you are thinking of throwing some kind of party for him right? Geez, that isn’t that hard to be said.”

“Wait, how did you know that?”

“Um. Well. H-Hayoung sorta told me on the phone yesterday. So umm. Anyway, what do you want to ask us really?” even when her suspicion grew about Sehun and Hayoung, she have no time to think about that right now.

“Well, you see. I want to sorta you know, buy him something as a gift.” her head kept being lowered down as she knew that the boys will surely if they see that her face is red as a cherry tomato right now.

“That’s it?”

“Well, yeah. That’s it I guess. I go to you guys since you will surely know what he would like right?” burst of laughs filled the room as Chorong is trying her hardest to avoid the boys’ eyes. She knows well that she might even be tease at if they see how she looks like at this particular moment.

“Well, then. I guess only Suho-hyung can go with you noona. Sehun hasn’t finished his shift yet and I have a surgery in the next hour.”

“Well, then, if you are up for it Chorong, I am ready to go.”

“Thanks Jumyeon.”

“I told you many times already! Don’t call me with that grandpa name!” Chorong seems to ignore those and along with Sehun and Baekhyun, they laughed as Suho still seems unsatisfied with Chorong who still doesn’t want to call him with the nickname Suho.

 


 

Angry, fooled, rage. Even his secretary seems too scared to convey the messages from the business associates who called earlier as she seen her boss with that scary look on his face.

“Sir, you have a meeting in a few minutes and Mr. Chang asked to postponed the dinner that you both planned earlier. He said he has some important matters to be taken care off.”

“Who does the guy think he is? To postpone things like that without having a notice? Some people just have no respect for each other. Now, get out!” it doesn’t take Chaerin to be yelled at twice by her boss as she immediately bailed out of the room. Looks like it was one of his bad days again where nothing can change his mood for the better.

As Chaerin walked out, Luhan grab his necktie and began to undo it just to let him breath. His chest rose up and down and his anger boiled when he recalled what he have just witnessed when he was having a small break at the mall just now.

 


 

Sipping some cool glass of water to sooth his throat to push down the food he just ate and he took a glance outside. He was just enjoying himself when suddenly his vision caught a familiar face. Two familiar faces actually. Laughing and smiling with joy to each other. That pang came again and his anger rose. His heart felt as if it was jabbed with a knife when the guy playfully smack the lady’s head and the woman let out a small pout.

He really have no idea why he felt as if his heart has been pierced with a spear several times. The sight of his wife, Park Chorong walking around and smiling with his dongsaeng, Suho hurts him so bad. As soon as the couple are out of sight, Luhan went out the door of the restaurant and head to his car and drove back to the office with anger filling his entire skin cell.

 


 

The ring of his phone woke him from his flashback and he just answered the call without even taking a glance to the caller ID. Just when he thought his anger has lessen, it rose again when a familiar cute and insanely lovely voice came to his hearing.

“Luhan-ah, what time will you be home?”

“What is it to you? Why do you care at what time I will be home?”

“Nothing particular really. Its just I have something planned out and I was just wandering when you will be home.”

“Why? So that you can spend the whole time with a guy that you like when I am not there. Is that it?”

“Wait. What are you talking about here?”

“Don’t play dumb Chorong. I really thought you were different from others. I really thought you are a sweet one. But it turns out you were just the same. You went out with another man behind my back.”

“What? You have the wrong idea here Luhan. It is nothing like you though really. Suho just-” before Chorong could explain her situation, Luhan hang up on her without even hearing her side of the story. His anger and rage overtook his conscience and tolerance. Nothing can get to him right now. Nothing.

 


 

Hurt. Pain. Confusion. After the controversial conversation with Luhan just now, Chorong is now lost for words. Why did he suddenly accused all of those things to her? What just she did wrong until he was fuming with anger just like that?

Putting her cell phone aside, she looked at the finished decorated black-forest cake that has already been piped with the words ‘Happy 23rd Birthday Luhan’ . It took her almost 3 hours to finish that. The rest of the dishes she has prepared is already half-way to done. Seaweed soup, steak and some other Luhan’s favorite dishes is already finished. All that is left is for her to do is just dish it up on a plate.

Trying so hard not to let tears fall from her eyes, Chorong tried to comfort herself with words such as ‘He didn’t mean those thing. He is just probably a bit too busy and the tension from the work has made him gone cuckoo. Yeah. That is probably it.’

With those encouraging words, Chorong continued her work which is prepping for the occasion. Hoping hard that Luhan will be in time for it.

 


 

He entered the penthouse with such exhaustion from the work. It is already half past 1 in the morning. Honestly, he himself was a bit hesitant to come home after what he have said to Chorong on the phone. He went overboard with his actions but a part of him is telling him that it is the right thing to do.

When he entered, the lights are still on and that is something that is a bit weird since Chorong usually will put out the light before she went to bed and usually at times like this, she is already snuggling in her bed. The delicious scent of steak and other dishes came to his sense and without wasting anymore time, he head towards the dining table. The first thing he saw was Chorong who fell asleep there. The next things are the cake, the food and also a small box wrapped with care sitting beside the cake.

Luhan look over only to find a card attached to the small box.

Happy 23rd Birthday Luhan. Well, I have no idea what to get you for your present since I really don’t know what you would prefer but thanks to Suho, I manage to find the right present for you. I really hope you like it.

-Chorong

How he felt super stupid for his actions that he has just committed. He just let his rage and emotions took over himself that made Chorong being the one who ends up being hurt. Softly, he caress Chorong’s cheeks. His heart fell when he saw some tear that came from her eyes.

Slowly, he carried Chorong’s in his arms bridal style to take Chorong to her room. It is a good thing Chorong is a heavy sleeper. He gently tuck the lady into bed and put a blanket on her just to keep her cozy.

“I’m sorry Chorong-ah. I am super sorry. I was the stupid one that made you cry. Sorry Chorong.” before he left the room, he gave a slight peck on Chorong’s cheeks even when he don’t know what has gotten into him for doing such thing, he just did and somehow, it felt right.

Slowly, Luhan closed the door with regrets filled his heart for what he have done.

 


 

Luhan is being a jerk again.. =_=''''. Sorry if the story progress is too slow. I apologise for that. So, how do you like it so far? Have you heard, in SBS Gyo Daejeon EXO's stage is after Apink! (I got this from an EXOPINK fanpage so I am not so sure about that) how I wish for huge amount of EXOPINK moments... Do upvotes and comment lots and lots! XD

-dewdrops