Dinner With A School of Tuna

Meant To Be

It’s Saturday and both Chorong and Luhan are enjoying their weekends. Sorta.

“Higher. Just a little more, just stretch your arms will you?”

“Easy for you to say. You’re not the one who is climbing onto the ladder to clean cobwebs.”

“You know I am afraid of heights Han-ah.”

“And you  know that I am that good with heights than you are.”

“”Come on. You’re the man here. Be a bit more of a gentleman will you?” Luhan just sighed when Chorong said that as he continued focusing his strength to stretch his arms and also on his mentality not to look down from the ladder.

“Things that I do for you.” Chorong just grinned as Luhan sigh his words.

“And I love you for that Mister Lu.”

“Now it comes to the empty praises is it? Mrs. Lu?” Chorong said nothing else as she ran to the kitchen.

“Can’t hear you!” Luhan just shook his head with his wife’s child-like behaviour. Things are starting to get better and better after that disastrous (Chorong still insisted that it wasn’t one but Luhan still considered it as a disaster) dinner. Thank god that he was able to realise his feelings earlier. Or he would regret it for the rest of his life. Ever.

“Finish the cleaning ASAP Han-ah. The kids would be here any minute.”

“Already done.” Without warning, Luhan crept behind Chorong and circled his arms around his wife surprising the young woman in the process.

“Han! Stop doing that will you? I am stirring a hot pot of soup for heaven’s sake! ”

“Stop what? Hugging you? Not a chance!”

“Stop being a mushy ball of a cheesy mess Mr. Lu. Get going and do your job or you won’t get fed for a whole week mister.” Instantly Luhan let go of his hold over Chorong’s torso as he made his way back to the living room. Obviously he was afraid that Chorong would be serious about what she had said. And being not feed by Chorong is not worth it.

The female giggled at Luhan’s response. Finally some peace. Or so she thought as the bell rang throughout the house. The kids are already here. So much for keeping Luhan doing his work. It’s a good thing the house itself was already clean and the only thing Chorong told Luhan to do in the first place was simply to sweep the cobwebs in the corner of the room that she didn’t do herself simply because she was too short to so.

“Get the door Han! I am still busy here.”

“Yes madam president.” With sarcasm flooded his words, he went to the front door still with a frown on his face. Not really caring whether his dongsaeng will say anything about it.

“A frown already? What’s wrong? Something got wrong somewhere last night?” that question soon was followed by a head-chop by Eunji as she shot Baekhyun with a disgusted look.

“Stop being a ert you idiot!” shooting a thankful look to Eunji, he ushered the school of tuna as Chorong likes to call the group, inside of the loft. Instantly as they got in, the girls went to the kitchen as the boys made themselves comfy on the sofa. Yifan, Yixing, Suho, Tao and Chanyeol were absent from the scene due to the responsibilities that they had in hand.

“Dude. You are glowing. Apparently someone is leading a happy wedded-life aren’t they?” Minseok was smiling at his friend happiness and being the dirty-minded dongsaeng that love to tease their hyung, Kyungsoo was the one that started.

“So. When will be able to greet our niece slash nephew into this world?”

“That is a question that you’ll have to ask the one that would be carrying the bundle of joy herself.” Saying it not-so-quietly, Luhan directed his statement to his one and only wife.

That on the other hand was responded with a yelling of ‘ert!’ coming from the kitchen.

 The boys began to chat about random things while the girls on the other hand were gossiping in the kitchen.

“So… unnie. Have you two like… done it?”

“Kim Namjoo!”

“What? I’m just asking!”

“Namjoo-ah. That is not a proper question to ask someone. Ever. Let this be a lesson for you to not ask that to anyone. Ever.” With an intense glare, Naeun reminded Namjoo to which the younger girl frown upon yet still nodded as a sign that she understood what her older sister is telling her to.

“Now just plate these up and all of us can finally- Yoon Bomi!” the second oldest of the group almost choked on the chocolate pie that she was busy stuffing herself with.

“I can’t believe you unnie. All of us are busy helping Chorong unnie to cook and plate the dishes up while you are only here to gulp things up! You are better off sitting with the guys rather than being in the kitchen!”

“I can’t do just that! What will Chan-” realising that she almost blew out her secret she stopped. But apparently it wasn’t soon enough as the girls caught up to what she was saying and boy, do these girls pry.

“Bomi…” Eunji and Chorong didn’t even have the chance to ask such question when Luhan pooped his head into the kitchen asking about how the dinner came along.

“Boy, Han. You are such a killjoy.” Obviously confused, Luhan quirked an eyebrow up to question his wife yet the female with huge orbs just brushed it off with a shake of her head.

“Get the boys. Dinner is ready.” As Luhan rounded up the boys to the huge dining table, Chorong tilted her head to Bomi. “Don’t ever think that I’ll get over this soon Yoon Bomi. You have a major explaining to do. To all of us. Just you wait. I’ll crack that little secret open.” Sighing, Bomi hugged Yookyung who was next to her.

“I’m dead.”

Chuckling, Yookyung replied “Yes you are unnie. Yes you are.”

Dinner went by as eventful as always. Well you got a group of young adults, both male and female sitting down for dinner in a house of someone that they are greatly acquaintance with. That and the fact that all of them are very comfortable with each other already. Nothing is off limits.

_____________________________________________________________

 

After dinner, since it was still not that late, the group thought it might be good enough to watch a movie.

“I’m telling you. Fifteen Shades of Grey.”

“What are you? A major ert Byun Baekhyun? I call for Love Rosie.”

“That movie is too mushy Jung Eunji.”

“My vote is for the Hunger Games.”

“We don’t have time to finish all that four movie in one go, Sehun.” Finally getting tired of the kids bickering with each other, Chorong went to the CD rack and pick the one movie that the girls would certainly love and one that the boys won’t argue with.

“Really Rong?” Luhan asked sceptically and instantly he was shushed off by both the boys and the girls.

“Apparently you made the right choice.”

“Don’t I always Mr Lu?”

No one muttered a word as the famous work from Ghibli Studios played onto the screen. Howl’s Moving Castle was enough to set all of them to silent mode.

The story of a young girl being cursed by The Witch of the Waste into an old lady was the major obstacle that Sophie had to face in the beginning of the movie and the movie revolves around how she herself was able to break out of the curse and also find the one guy that love her despite her appearance ; crumply and crinkled like any old women. The fact that the movie was adapted from a great book from an Australian author was enough to make the whole group to gape in awe, to struck their heart and also to move them into tears. That and the fact that Howl is a major hottie is enough to shut the girls up.

 

_____________________________________________________

 

Though they all enjoyed the movie, only one person was softly snoring with her head using Luhan’s shoulder as a pillow.

“We must have exhausted her over her extend. Sorry Chorong-noona.” Kyungsoo said to the unconscious female in front of him. Luhan just shook his head as he excused himself to carry Chorong back to their now shared bedroom.

“Night my little princess.” Pecking Chorong’s crown of jet black hair, he snuggled her under the covers as he lowers the temperature of the air conditioner in order for Chorong to be as comfortable to enjoy her sleep as possible.

Luhan then walked downstairs, where the girls with the help of the boys finally finished cleaning up.

“Sorry guys. For making all of you to clean the house when you guys are guests.“ apologetically Luhan sighed.

Minseok patted his best friend of the back as he said. “It’s nothing to be sorry about dude. We are supposed to the one that seek apology from both you and Chorong. We came here and raid the house upside down. Its sensible enough for us to clean a few things up so that it won’t be a bother for Chorong to clean them up herself tomorrow.”

“That’s right oppa. We made you two went into too much trouble just for having us over. Sorry for being nuisance.” Naeun said as she represented both parties.

“Don’t say that. You guys are family and if Chorong heard those words herself. She would kill all of you.” All of them laughed at Luhan’s statement.

“Well, that is true though. Chorong noona will never let us see the light of day if she ever heard us said that.” Sehun said with a chuckle.

“Then, we’ll take our leave. Its getting very late.” Luhan nodded.

“Ouh, and guys. Make sure the girls arrive at their place safe and sound. I am counting on all of you to make sure Bomi, Eunji, Naeun, Yookyoung, Namjoo and Hayoung are back to their place in one piece or my beautiful princess will kill me on sight.”

“Got it boss.” Luhan then bid farewell to the group as they exited the front door. He then switched off the TV and arranged a few things in place. Just how he know Chorong likes it. After he was satisfied with everything, he climbed the fleet of stairs to their bedroom.

He slides over to Chorong’s side and accidentally woke Chorong up. The young bride snuggled to her husband’s side as Luhan put his arms around of her torso.

“The kids already went home?” sleepily she asked.

“Yes they did.”

“And did the girls-”

“I personally asked the boys to play chauffeur for the girls so that they would get back home safely. Don’t worry so much.”

“Thank you.”

“You are welcome. Now, let us both go to sleep my little princess.” Chorong nodded as she snuggled closer to her husband’s side.

“Night. Night. My handsome deer.”

“Night my little princess. I love you.”

Again, Chorong snuggled closer to Luhan and buried her face in his shirt.

She said something but it only sounded like “Aai wwof wuu tfoo.”

He didn’t even need her to say those words properly. He understood it immediately even if it sounds like gibberish, Luhan knew what Chorong said. His little princess is still shy to say those words out loud. But to him. Even a muffled gibberish is enough to give him a sweet dream for the night.

 

_________________________

 

A/N: Sorry it took too long. About  a year actually. I'm really sorry. I kinda got a writer's block on this fic thus leads me to having a very long hiatus. To those who are still reading this. Again, I offer you my sincere apology. I'll try to update faster next time. I can't really promise but I'll try.