Meeting of Two Families

Meant To Be

A week have past since the heated small talk between both Chorong and Luhan and from that day, they never contacted each other. Chorong didn’t because she considered Luhan as one conceited, self-centered, ego-maniac, jerk face. Luhan on the other hand didn’t even care. To him, its better for him to spend time with Jooyi and kept his focus towards the company.

Chorong has just woke up after a hectic night in the pediatric ward. She has done a surgery last night. It was for a heart transplant for a small boys who was only 5. The surgery which was planned to be done in only 4 hours eventually turned into a 10 hour surgery. Being the the surgery room that is filled with expectations and stress really drains the energy out of her.

The sound of the cell phone grab her attention as she was heading towards the kitchen. The rest of the girls already went to work. Eunji has recently got an offer to star in a play thus she went out early in the morning to go to her practice.

Walking back to her room,  she look over the caller’s ID before picking it up in case some jerk face is the one who is calling. And it turns out it was her mother  calling for her. Despite being completely exhausted, Chorong still manage to smile at the thought of her beloved mother as she picked up the call.

“Oh. Omma.”                                                                                                                                                 

“Chorong? How come your voice sounds croaky? You just woke up didn’t you?”

“Sorry omma. I was tired from the surgery last night. I just woke up just now.” Chorong was giggling to herself as she recall that her mother hates it when she wake up late in the morning since according to her mother, young lady shouldn’t do such things. But when the situation calls her to do those, she need to gave up and went with her mind.

“That means you haven’t had breakfast yet haven’t you?”

“Emm. Talking to you made me want to eat your cooking Omma.”

“Oh really? Then good for you. Your wish has been granted my dear daughter. Now, open the door sweetie. These boxes of kimchi and other side dishes are pretty heavy.” Chorong’s eyes widen by the words of her mother. She can’t be serious. But still, Chorong went to front door and opened it. Revealing her parents smiling from ear to ear.

“Omma. Appa. Why didn’t you tell me you were coming? I could have prepared something for you.” after giving a tight hug to both of her parents, and inviting them in Chorong who was still clinging to her father complained about the sudden visit with a pout.

“We just didn’t want to trouble you. Aigoo, my daughter seem so tired. Now,  now. Go take a shower. I’ll fix up breakfast for you.” Chorong gave her mother a slight peck on the cheeks before heading back to her room to do as she has been told.

Chorong’s mother just chuckled to her daughter’s childish side.

“I can’t believe our precious Chorong is going to be married soon.”

“There, there Chaemi. She is not you little girl anymore. She has grown into a fine young lady. A lady that is ready to get married.” Mrs. Park just nod in agreement at her husband’s words. True. Soon enough, Chorong is going to be wedded to someone and she will soon become someone’s wife. How she wish she can keep her daughter with her longer but she knows that it is about time to let Chorong go.

 


 

Yet another busy day at the office. With the client wanting the date of the project to be executed immediately and because of that, things are a bit chaotic on Luhan’s side. He need to contact the workers on the site of the project as well as attend a meeting with the rest of the executives that were involved in the project. It is already lunch time and while the other workers are out to have their little break, Luhan is still in his office with tons of papers piling on his desk. His head is pounding at the though of the problems the company is facing right now.

Though it is a bit of a burden of having all the responsibility of the project mostly on one’s back, but Luhan never even thought of complaining. If this is a price to pay before getting the position he wanted then be it.

A knock on his office door made him shot his head up to see who is standing at the door. And to his surprise, it turns out to be the CEO himself, Lu Jie . Luhan stood up to greet his father with a bow and the older male nodded before taking a seat on the sofa that is placed in the large office that belongs to Luhan.

“Is the project with Jeguk going well?”

“Yes. Even thought they sort of rush our side throughout the process but I assure you that everything is running off smoothly Father.”

“I know. You did well my son. Ah, that’s right. Your Mother made me to be sure to tell you about the dinner at Le’ Chze tonight. There are a few things that we need to discuss that is why you surely need to be there at 9 p.m. okay?” Luhan nodded and he bow to his father once more when the man exited the room.

When his father is out of sight, he sloped down in his seat. Le’ Chze? He has been there last week. And what happened there at that time wasn’t really the thing that he is most proud off. He broke a lady’s heart without even thinking about what Park Chorong felt. He sighed once more when his mind recall once more what happened at the restaurant. Chorong’s calm face when she left him at the table came to his mind.

 


 

“Omma, are we going to meet someone? Why are we even coming this fancy restaurant. There are tons of cooking ingredients at home. I could have just whip up a nice meal for all of us. There is no need for us to have dinner in this place.” Chorong who seem that couldn’t stop her whining about her parents motive of having dinner in that restaurant. The place that scared her. The place that witness her marriage being crushed before it was even close to begin. She hate to remember those things but coming back to the place it happened is not the best way to forget it.

“Stop with the whining Chorong-ah. Just follow our lead. You’ll know the answer soon enough. We are having dinner here and that is final. Nothing you do will change our decision and this time even your putting won’t work my little princess.” even when their daughter pouting her way in, both Mr. and Mrs. Park ignored it.

“Looks like they have already arrived yeobo-yah.”

“Hopefully they didn’t wait for us for too long. I’ll feel bad if they do.” Chorong was trying to take a peak on the people that her parents kept mentioning about. But because of her short height and the tall waiter and waitress that kept passing by all the time, she can’t see their face in the end she just gave up in her effort since she will see them anyway.

As the family of three arrived at the table, they were greeted with a warm welcome from a couple that seem like they are in the same age-range. She bowed down politely to the two elders in front of her. The couple smile when they saw the sight of Chorong. She wore a simple yet cute long-sleeved with top over a dark blue knee-length skirt.

“You must be Chorong. Wow, you are beautiful just like what your mother have said.” Chorong smiled as the older woman praised her non-stop as Chorong took a seat next to her mother. The next of another 15 minutes was spent with the two couple talking and discussing thing with each other while Chorong who was a bit bored was keeping her attention the her phone, playing some games while waiting for the waiter to bring their orders.

A sudden younger male voice that came out of nowhere surprised Chorong who was busy with her phone. While the male began to greet the rest of the adults at the table, Chorong began to lower her head down by the second when she remembered whose voice that has been greeting the adults. While she was trying to hide her face, her mother however exposed Chorong to the guy when what she really want to do right now is escape from that place.

“Chorong-ah, met Luhan. He is your soon-to-be-husband.” all that Chorong wanted to do right now is getting out of there but as for now, she have no choice other than lifting her head and met eyes with the guy that according to her dictionary can be classified as super rude. She forced a smile and  a slight bow before taking off her attention back on her phone. As Luhan take his seat next to his parents, he let out a small smile.

 


 

During the whole time they were having dinner, Chorong never stopped from praying hard hoping that something will come up and she can leave since sitting in the exact place where you got your heart crushed just like that isn’t really the place that people love to be at.

Finally her prayer has been answered when they were just about to have the main course. The ringtone of her phone goes on and Chorong excused herself to answer the call.

“Oh, what is it Sunyoung?” ask Chorong to the nurse that is calling her.

“Doctor, your patient Lee Jimin is in the surgery room.”

“What? Why is she there? Is there anything wrong with her physical condition.”

”Neh. It seems like that the complains he had made for the past days about his stomach ache is unfortunately the symptoms of stomach cancer. Luckily we found out about this when it is only at an early stage. The other doctors said the operation need to be done ASAP and they told me to call you and get you here.”

“Alright. I’ll be there in a giffy. Tell them to start ahead with the surgery.” Right then she ended the call and went back to the table.

“What is it about Chorong-ah?”

“Omma, Appa, Mr. and Mrs. Lu, I need to go now. I have an emergency surgery that I have to attend. I’ll take my leave then.” Chorong was about to leave when her mother stopped her.

“How are you going to get to the hospital when you came here with us?”

“I’ll just take the cab Omma. No biggie.”

“That won’t be necessary Chorong-ah. Luhan will be more than happy to give you a ride. Isn’t that right Luhan?” Luhan who look a bit flabbergasted yet he nodded when his mother gave him that look.

“Its okay. I don’t want to trouble anyone. I can go by cab.” still reluctant with the suggestion, Chorong tried to decline the offer but it seems like there is no way Luhan’s mother is getting a ‘No’ for an answer.

“Its perfectly fine Chorong-ah. Luhan, go with her.” Those words that means orders and Luhan can’t possibly ignore it. Chorong who knows that there is no end to this just agree as she went out of the restaurant door and was about to hauled a Taxi when Luhan grabbed her hand and drag her to his car.

“Yah. What are you doing? I can get there myself!”

“Oh yeah? But do you even notice they are watching? So, just get in and get this over with.” Chorong looked to the direction Luhan was pounting and saw their parents are still watching them. Reluctantly she sighed and get into the car. She told Luhan the address of the hospital and soon the car roam in the streets of Seoul.

Silence filled the car as Luhan is focused on the streets and Chorong is sitting anxiously. Finally, after a while, Luhan manage to break the silence.

“You know, about last time. I’m sorry about what I said.”

“Yeah. You are sorry yet you are serious with it aren’t you? I thought so. You sure left an impression for me Luhan. We just met that day and who knew that you can break my heart in just a few minutes time?”

Luhan was about to say something but then Chorong cut him off.

“We’re here. Thanks for the ride.” Chorong got out of the car and head towards the surgery room. She is needed by her patient right now and a petty conversation that only leads to her heart being broken once more is not even worth her time.

Luhan sighed after Chorong got out. She hates him now for sure. He on the other hand can’t help from feeling guilty for what he have done to her. Words that slipped from his mouth at that time can never be taken back and as for now, Chorongs broken heart has yet to be mended.

 


 

Another update from me. ^^ The story progress is a bit slow I know and I am sorry for that. Hope you will like this chapter. Oh, have you heard there are rumors that Apink is having a comeback in January 2014? Plus, APink have been nominated in the 2014 GDA for Best Digital Album, Popularity Award and also Song Award! Hope they will win all three! XD That is all from me. Please comments lots ad lots and upvotes too will be much loved.. ^^

-dewdrops