A Day at The Hospital

Meant To Be

“You are looking quite happy these days Doctor Park.” Looking up from the papers in her hands, Chorong flashed one of her confused look to the nurse.

“I am?” nodding as an answer to that question, the nurse excused herself once Chorong was finished with the papers. Sighing in pure exhaustion, she slumped into her seat, being too tired to do anything at the moment except being back at home and in bed.

Looking around her empty office, she took off her glasses and pinching the bridge between her eyes. It is just around 12 p.m. but her eyes are already getting to get droopy and the energy she had earlier on clearly had depleted.


“Noona~ oh. What’s wrong noona?” Sehun just stepped into Chorong’s space when he saw the exhausted Chorong.

“I just feel a bit tired today. Just need a few minutes to catch my breath and then I am good to go.” Said Chorong not even looking at the younger male in the room.

“Noona. I know this might not be the best of time but I kinda need your opinion on something.”

“Is it important?”

“Kinda.”

“Is it a matter of life and death?”

“Not to that extend.”

“Is this about a girl?”

“Erm. Maybe?”

“Oh Hayoung?”

“Yes.”

“Okay. Shoot.” Finally opening her orbs and face the younger male in the room fidgeting with the end of his doctor’s white cloak.

“Oh Sehun. I don’t have much time here. If you are just going to sit there playing with the strings there I’d rather have my much needed rest. Now, just spit the question out or I’ll just tell Hayoung that her boyfriend is not that qualified as a husband material.”

“Noona!” just the second Chorong said that, his eyes went wide and he almost bang the desk.

“Fine. I just want to ask you something about Hayoung. In your opinion, should I or should I not give her this?” reaching into his pocket, he took out a small velvet box. The second Chorong layed her eyes on it, she knew there will be something big within that particular box.

Reaching out for the box, she carefully opened the box with much care. What is within the box you ask? Chorong herself gasped in surprise when she saw the content.

“Yah! Oh Sehun. Are you  being serious with me here? You are seriously going to give her this? Remind me again. How long have you two been seeing each other? Cause I need to know if you are really really serious about this.”

“I am noona.”

Chorong just sighed. She then looked up to Sehun again. The younger male however set his gaze onto the floor. Apparently anything even the cracks on the tiled floors are much more interesting and less intimidating compared to the woman standing in front of him right now.

Without the male knowing, the older female had already carved a smile. “Okay then. If you are going to go through with this, you have my blessing.” Sehun almost snapped his neck for raising it to quick when he heard that. Though he expected a frowning or maybe a fuming Park Chorong  with an intention of ending his life once and for all, he was completely wrong.

“Sorry noona?”

“I said you have my blessing you nutcase. A word of advice? Never break her heart and treat her well with love. Got it?” instantly Sehun nodded.

“One more thing. If you do break her heart however… well… let us just say that when that happens, Hayoung’s heart is not going to be the only thing that will be broken. You get what I mean right Sehun?” even when Chorong put a smile on her face when she said that, the murderous intention reeked from her words. And Oh Sehun is not a fool. He knows exactly what Chorong meant.

The second he break Hayoung’s heart is the second his life meets its end.

“Be sure to tell me if she says yes will you Sehun?”

“Thank you noona.” Exhaling a sigh of relief, Sehun exited the room. Completely forgotten what he meant to ask Chorong for the whole day. Apparently Chorong’s forces are too frightening and terrifying enough for Oh Sehun until the fact that he had forgotten what he meant to ask Chorong in the first place.

“Ah… my little baby is going to get married!” though neither of them know what Hayoung’s answer will be, Chorong being herself is already envisioning the future. Besides, it is enough proof that the two are madly in love thus it is without  doubt that the chances of Hayoung saying ‘yes’ is higher than the Empire State Building. She is very sure of that outcome. After all, Hayoung is her younger sister and whoever that broke her heart is someone that may never see the light of day ever again.


 

“Chorong- wow! You look pale. Are you sick or what?”

“Huh? What do you mean? Pale? Wait what?” the second Suho said that, Chorong reached for the not-so-tiny hand mirror that she often keeps in her drawer. Apparently he was not fooling around. Chorong was really pale.

“Guess its because of the many rounds that I had just now. That and maybe because I haven’t had lunch just yet. Okay, that settles it.” Instantly Chorong stood up, hang up her doctor’s cloak on the coat rack and dragged Suho out of her doors.

“Wait, where are you dragging me off to? Yah! Park Chorong.”

With a smile she answered. “Where else? To eat of course. I kinda want to have chicken feet and pork chops for lunch today. Come on Jumyeon! You’re buying!”

“Yah! When did I ever agree on that! Yah! Park Chorong!”


 

Chorong was still stuffing her face with ice cream when Suho was placing a call to a certain and specific Lu.

“What is it Jumyeon?”

“Hyung! Not you too!” a sound of chuckling was heard from the other line.

“Okay, what is it Jumyeon? I have a meeting with BOD in a few minutes.”

“Hyung. Did you notice…” his eyes trailed over to Chorong.

“-anything different about Chorong lately?”

“Different? In what aspect?”

“Her appetite maybe?”

“She is the type that loves food. You and I know well enough about Chorong in that aspect Suho. Food is the love of her life. I don’t’ even know whether I can top that.” Though it sounds like Luhan was joking, his sigh was definitely out of pure disappointment.  Suho had to control himself from laughing. Park Chorong will always be Park Chorong. No matter what, food comes first. Even when the opponent is her own husband.

“I guess…”

“Suho. I need to go right now. About Chorong’s appetite. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. Just let her be. No matter how chubby she gets, I will still love her no matter what.”

“Hyung! Single and having absolutely no candidate that can be make as a wife. Don’t rub your ‘I’m terribly happy and contented with my married life’ in my face hyung!”

“Hahaha. Okay. Okay. I won’t. I’ll talk to you later Suho. Take care of Chorong for me.”

“Will do.”

And just like that the call ended.

“Jumyeon-ah! Buy me some marshmallows!”

“Geez woman! You just had ice cream!”

“Cheapskate!”

“Oh alright!” when it comes to food, Chorong is not someone that you can ever refuse.


 

A/N: I know, its been quite a while since i have last updated and I am sorry. Sorry for the lame and short chapter, hope you will like it and comments and votes are much loved. I have been on writer's block lately... well not lately. More like for a few months. The thing is, ideas only come to me whenever I am stressed out and when I have a lot on my shoulders. And right now, this is what is happening right now. I have tons of assignments on hand yet I am still updating this. College life is seriously depressing. 

In other news, I am insanely obsessed with Nogizaka46 lately. People kept saying that AKB48 are much better but I beg to differ. Nogizaka46's songs are much better in my opinion and they don't have much members compared to AKB48. I like knowing the members than not knowing any of them.

In another news! I am currently hooked up on a ChoHan fanfic here on AFF. Its Nostos! A work by wanderingsushi. Seriously, her writing is superb and for those who have never read it, give it a read. And the other good thing is... she gives updates weekly! Unlike this lazy author here who updates whenever she has an idea in her mind. She is a great author compared to me so do give it a chance!