When Things Turn

Meant To Be

Weird does not even began to cover how Lu Han has been behaving these past few days. He had been staring into distances whenever he is alone and he is no longer as rowdy and talkative as he used to be whenever he and Chorong were having their meals together. Something was definitely on his mind and he can’t seem to get over it. It was bothering him and now it is starting to bother Chorong.

“Lu, you need to tell me.” Chorong said one day but it was dismissed with a shrug by Lu Han. Seeing that her husband simply refused to talk, she had no choice but to let go of the matter for a while because if there is one thing that Chorong knows about her husband is that he is a hard nutcase. In other words, he is super stubborn.

When the female disclosed the matter to her beloved younger sisters, the reactions that she received from each and every one of them differ.

“Unnie, you are thinking too much. It’s probably nothing.” Naeun said.

“Maybe he is cheating on you unnie!” Bomi said and that instantly got the well-deserved head chop from Eunji.

“You are making it worse Bbom. Shut your trap please. Don’t listen to stupid Bbom, unnie. I’m sure it is nothing.”

“Still are you not curious of the reason why Han-oppa is such?” asked Namjoo in which the youngest of the group, Hayoung nodded.

“He’ll probably tell you when he is ready to. Don’t worry too much Chorong-unnie. I’m pretty sure it is nothing.” the ever calm Yookyoung said such as she munched on the piece of cookie.

Though the girls are trying their best to make Chorong feel better, with the exception of Bomi of course, Chorong is still unable to keep her head away from the matter. Lu Han would always talk to her whenever he as any kind of problems. Even when it was regarding the company or the business deals, he often went to Chorong to complain or even just wanting her to listen to his rants. But now, he would not even say a word to her even when she kept pestering him to. It is not normal.

“You need to take your mind of that unnie and let us spoil you for today.”

“Spoil? More like pester me for the whole day.” respond Chorong.

“Unnie!” the dissatisfaction echoes greatly from all 6 of the girls which left Chorong chuckling to herself. Though that did not last for long when she saw two familiar faces in the café next door. One being much more familiar than the other since she spent every single hour at home with him. His company however was the one that shocked Chorong the most.

The face that she has dislike since the first time that woman’s hand met with her face. A slap in the face as a greeting is not something one would ever forget thus the female can never forget the face of the one that humiliated her.

Lee Jooyi.

Lu Han told her that he had ended up every possible relation with that woman so the question is why are they together? Without Chorong being told beforehand?

 


 

Lu Han can’t seem to believe what he just heard from the woman who is sitting in front of him. That can’t be possible is the only thing on his mind. When she had reached out to him on that day he suspected nothing but when she dropped the bomb regarding the matter, Lu Han instantly take the matter very seriously and it ended up both of them in a room with a doctor who appears to be Jooyi's acquaintance, both providing things that they need to for the DNA test to set in motion.

Now that it had been almost a week, the result of the test was finally out and Lu Han tried so hard to keep his stand after the news. He almost topple over the ground when it came out. it is just not possible. Though he know that no matter how much he had hoped and prayed that it was not true, science and genetics had proven him wrong.

"It's a perfect match Lu Han. You can't deny it no further."

"A week. Give me a week to deliver the news to her. Please."

"Fine. I'll give you that much."


 

 

It had been almost a week. Lu Han had been antsy throughout the week and Chorong could only observe from afar. She did not even mentioned that she in fact had witnessed the meeting between her husband and his ex in hopes that he would refer to the matter and explained the situation to her without herself having the need to even ask in the first place. 7 days went by and all Lu Han had been doing is avoiding Chorong at all cost. Since Chorong herself had been busy for the week with outpatients, surgeries and her shifts at the E.R., she had no time to even have a proper conversation with him.

The next thing she know, on Saturday, Lu Han called out to her and said that they need to go to his parent’s house.

“I know this might be a bother but can you go on your own this time? I have something to take care off and I’ll be right there.” Though the request was indeed quite weird but Chorong decided not to dwell in it much further than that. She was just getting ready to leave when Lu Han embraced her like it might be his last time to see her. His hold on her was tight and he even refused to let go.

“Lu, is everything okay?” softly she asked. Yet Lu Han kept his mouth shut and refuse to let go.

“Lu…”

“Promise me one thing Rong. Don’t ever lose trust in me. Don’t ever leave me. Don’t ever forget that I love you. Very much.” He sound as if he was on the verge of tears then.

“I promise Lu. Now will let go? You are acting as if I’m going to throw you out in the next minute.” She only said that as a joke but Lu Han apparently take it to heart as a crestfallen expression was latched onto his face.

“Lu, I was just joking.”

“You should go now, I’ll be there slightly after you are.”

“Okay, see you in a while my prince.” With a peck on Lu Han’s cheek Chorong exited the door.

Seeing his wife smiled so brightly when she exited the door, Lu Han wondered if he would ever see the same smile after he was about to do next.

“I’m sorry Chorong. I’m really sorry.” He is going to regret what he was about to do after this. But he has no choice. It had to be done.

 


 

It was a surprise to Chorong when she got to her in-laws’ place. Not only Baba, Mama and Lu Yi were present but even her parents were there.

“Omma. Appa. What are you doing here?” though she was pleasantly surprised but something in the back of her mind is nagging at her that there is something bad that will happen soon.

“Lu Han picked us up last night and we had been here since. He won’t tell us why he gathered all of us here together though. Anyway, is my grandchild doing fine in there?” said Park Chaemi as she patted her daughter’s pregnant belly.

“Ah, speaking of the devil, Han-gege is here!” yelled Lu Yi. Chorong walked to the front door in order to greet her husband only to stop short when he saw the woman who was with him. But the thing is, Jooyi was not the reason of why Chorong was rendered speechless but it was the bundle of green in her hand with a toddler no younger than 3 months was sleeping soundlessly.

“You might want to sit for this one Rong.”