Reconcile

Meant To Be

Their marriage is not an average one. That is true. Like, what kind of people that got married and sleep in different rooms? But even when they are comfortable with that fact, there is no way in the world they would ever let their parents or anyone else knows about that. Only the 6 girls and only a few of the boys know about the fact that Luhan and Chorong sleep in different rooms.

Even if the parents already aware of the fact that the two are basically strangers to each other but both of them would surely be killed right away if their parents knew about it. and having Luyi isn’t a great thing. If Luyi know the conspiracy between Luhan and Chorong, she would surely going to tell on the two to the parents.

And if that happens, they might as well bid goodbye to the world. That is why Chorong and Luhan are needed to put up a front as an act to make sure that the young girl doesn’t suspect anything fishy of their marriage.

That is how can only be accomplished by well…

“Yah! Luhan-ge! That is super mushy! Warghh my innocent eyes!” Luhan laughed at his sister’s exaggerated reaction when he gave Chorong a back hug when the lady was doing their dishes after the scrumptious dinner they just have just now.

Chorong could only lower her head and her cheeks are getting redder than ever.

“Geez Luhan even if you want to fool Luyi there is no need to do such thing! You are embarrassing me!” Luhan chuckled as he heard what Chorong has slowly whispered to him just now. It would be a complete lie if he said that he felt nothing of his actions because he did. His heart began to beat faster than ever as if it would jump off a cliff.

On the other hand, Chorong is having a hard time to move around to do her works and mostly having a hard time to breath. Her hard almost stopped because of Luhan’s spontaneous actions. She almost dropped the Chinese-glassware that has been use earlier because of that.

“Okay. Okay. I just want to make it to look real. That’s all.” he himself knew for sure that was a complete lie but for the moment it is better to keep that to himself. Finally, he released the hug and with a huge grin plastered on his face, he took a seat facing Luyi at the living room and turns out the seat also have some benefits. That is because he could really take a good look of Chorong who is still busy in the kitchen.

“Yah! Gege! You look like you have never seen Chorong-jiejie before. You guys lived together for almost a month now. Shouldn’t you already have a good look at her face all this time?”

“That is none of your business my dear Meimei. Why? Are you jealous?”

“Pshh. As if. There is no need to be jealous on what you are doing with Chorong-Jiejie. My darling Hyuk-oppa is-” right when she knew that she have blurt out the things that she meant to be kept as a secret for mostly everyone but especially her brother, she clasped her hand onto her lips even when she already knew the cat is already out of the bag.

Luhan’s eyes almost gawked out of its sockets.                                                                    

“Wait, what. Hyuk-oppa? Who is he? Luyi, don’t tell me he is your boyfriend?”

“So what if he is my boyfriend?”

“What? You are only 18. I repeat, eighteen! You can’t have a boyfriend at such a young age. Now, tell me who is he? Where does he live? What kind of person he is? Whose family he belongs to? I need all the details now Luyi. Now!”

“Na-uh. I am not telling you!” before Luhan is able to chase her all around the room to make her spill the beans, Luyi is already cowering behind Chorong who was carrying a tray filled with cakes and tea. Chorong herself was a bit dumbfound when Luyi is clinging on her and making her to almost lose her balance.

“What the. Luyi, what is going on here? The tray is going to drop is you keep doing that.”

“Blame it all on Luhan-ge. Tell him to stop then I will let go.”

“I seriously have no absolute idea of what is going on here but really Han, please stop whatever it is you are about to do.” since he really have no choice, Luhan sighed admitting defeated and victoriously, Luyi came out behind Chorong and that enables Chorong to put the tray on the coffee table safe and sound.

After taking a seat, she turns to both Luyi who was sitting in front of her and Luhan who is sitting next to her. Knowing that both will never give up on whatever they were fighting and quarreling for just now, the lady decided not to ask about what has just happened and she began to unravel a new topic.

“Now, Luyi. What made you to come here with a bag filled with your clothes? Don’t get me wrong though. You are most welcome to stay here anytime but I am curious, why off the sudden visit?” Luhan too seemed interested to know what caused his little sister to come and drop by at their penthouse without any notice. That is surely not the average attitude of the Luyi he knew. His little sister is a cry-baby and the apple of his parents’ eyes. The has to be an explanation of the sudden visit.

“Now that you have mentioned about it Rong, I’m a bit curious too. What made you come here and decided to spend a few nights here even.” Luyi’s mood seems to change a bit by the question. She began to pout and her face clearly shows she was unsatisfied with something.

“It is all Dad’s fault.”

“Dad’s fault. Why is that?” the couple themselves both seem perplexed by the sudden mention of Luhan’s and Luyi’s father and Chorong’s father in law.

“He wants me to take the business course in college. Why is he forcing me into such things that I dislike? I want to take fashion and design course. Can’t he just let me be for this once?” so that is why.

“He is forcing you to take business I see. Well, that is something that I can relate to.” Chorong somehow manage to hear those words even when Luhan just mumbled them quietly.

“Doesn’t he know that I never have any interest in business what-so-ever? Anyway, that is why I am here. I am here as part of my protest towards his actions. I already told him that he would never have me in the house back as long as he still stands strong to his decision of forcing me to take the business course. So, there is practically what happened. And I was hoping that both of you Luhan-ge and Chorong-jie will help me on this. Will you?” Luyi ends her explanation with a pleading look at the couple in front of her that was exchanging looks with each other.

“Oh, alright. You are our sister Luyi. There is no way we can say no to your request. Stay as long as you like.” Chorong finally said the final verdict and Luhan just nodded in agreement. Luyi smiled as she got up and hugged both of them.

“Thanks. You two are the best thing I have ever had.”

 


 

The clocks indicates that it is already 9 p.m. and Chorong went to take a shower leaving the Lu siblings in the living room watching some drama on the TV. After a while, Luhan decided it is about time for his plan to be execute into action and luckily for him, he might have an extra pair of helping hands.

“Luyi, I have something to do and I need your help.”

“What is it Ge?”

“I need you to help me to prep for a surprise event for your Chorong-jie.” Luyi herself seemed a bit confused by the sudden request.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, actually I have done something that angers your Chorong-jie. She have yet forgive me for that. So, I prepared an event for her. So, what do you say? Want to give your brother a help?”

“You are really something Luhan-ge. Fine, I’ll help you. So, what’s the plan?” in the next few minutes, the two began to plot the event together and when it is already 9.20, things are already in their respective places and Luyi went out to the park that is situated just a stone throw from Luhan’s penthouse. Just so the two could get the space and time for themselves.

 


 

She usually doesn’t take a long bath just she did just now. Well, things have been a bit stressful a few days back and soaking yourself in the bathtub for a few long minutes to yourself surely drains the stress away little by little. She finally came out of the bathroom feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. With a towel covering her body, she heads towards the King-size bed where her clothes is which she already lay there beforehand. It was a bit of trouble to get dress as she used to since Luyi is in the house and Chorong have no choice but to take the bath in Luhan’s room to avoid any suspicions from Luyi. She was about to get into her white pajamas and suddenly the door flung open making Chorong jolted in surprise and the one who opened the door gaping hard at the sight he is watching right now.

Now, don’t get the wrong idea. Chorong still have the towel wrapping her body but with her wet hair and only few of her body parts covered Luhan can’t help but gape at the sight. They both stay frozen like that for a while but when Chorong finally snapped out of her surprised state, she shrieked!

“Luhan! Get out!” Luhan don’t need to be told twice about that as soon as Chorong shrieked, he already got out and flung the door close. His face became red again when he recall back what he has just witnessed. After Luhan went out, the only occupant in the room waste no time as she went to the door and locked it.

The next few seconds ticks off with both being silent and embarrassed of what has just happened. Not to mention blaming each other for that incident. Luhan blamed himself for not knocking beforehand. And Chorong blame herself for not locking the door. Thank god she still had the towel to wrap her body.

Finally, after a while Luhan finally cleared his throat to convey what he wanted to say in the first place.

“Emm. Rong, can you come down to the living room after you are down? There is something that you need to see. Just be there okay? Then, I better go.” Chorong wondered what it is about but for the meantime maybe it is better for her to get dressed in the first place.

 


 

Finally after she is ready, Chorong went down the stairs a little bit confused since from the looks of it, it was as if the power supply has been cut. The living room is practically pitch black. But there is no way her theory is spot on. She just left the room just now there is no way the power supply is cut. Curiosity got the best of her and even though she is a bit frightened by the darkness, she manage to recollect herself and slowly went down the stairs.

“Luhan. Are you there? Where are you?” as soon as she asked that, lights were once again being flickered and she finally was able to see all of those things in the living room. Balloons filled almost the entire room, a beautiful cake was sitting on the coffee table but the thing that brought delight to her the most is the one that sat next to the cake. Which is none other than a big bowl of chicken feet. She almost drool looking at her favorite dish but then she was soon surprised by Luhan who came out of nowhere.

“What’s all this Han?” Chorong tilts her head in confusion while Luhan has that usual smile on his face.

“Well, I have yet to seek your apology for that foolish action of mine yesterday and the day before so this is my way of asking your apology. Chorong, I admit it was rather stupid of me for accusing you of something that you never did and sorry for the harsh words that I have said to you last time. I’m sorry and really I don’t mean it one bit. It is all because of my rage and anger that came out of nowhere. So, I am asking this from the bottom of my heart, will you forgive me Rong?” Luhan bit his lips after he finally got everything off is chest. Chorong on the other hand remain silent making Luhan nervous as ever. After a while a small chuckle was heard from Chorong and Luhan immediately knew that he is forgiven.

“Alright. I’ll forgive you but if you do things like that again,  I’ll feed you to the hounds got it? Now, back to the chicken feet. Its all mine right?” Luhan could only laughed. Chorong. Chicken feet is the only thing on her mind right now.

“Yeah. Its all yours. But before that, here.” the attention then was directed to the medium-sized velvet box in Luhan’s right hand that he has been hiding from Chorong’s sight all this time.

“What’s this?”

“Its’ yours. Come on, take it and open it.” Chorong did as Luhan told her to only to find a small necklace in it. It was shaped like a music note with small pieces of diamonds decorating it. The lady herself seems a bit bewildered by it.

“A necklace? What’s this for?”

“Well, I was planning to use that as a bribe if the first plan didn’t work but then the first plan did work and I did bought it for you so there you go. Its yours. Like it?”

“You don’t have to buy expensive things to ask for my forgiveness. All you need is chicken feet and poof, problem’s solve. But really Luhan, I can’t accept this.”

“Just take it Chorong. I bought it just for you. If you don’t accept it then that means you have yet forgive me.”

“You really love to threaten people don’t you. Fine. I’ll take it.”

“Greta, let me put it on you.” Chorong was a bit hesitant at first but then she nodded. Luhan finally placed the necklace on her neck and when he was done, Chorong smiled and mouthed a thanks for him and honestly speaking, Luhan thought that it was the brightest smile he have ever seen in his entire life.

“Now, let me have my chicken feet!” Luhan laughed at the childish Chorong who changed through the chicken feet. That is all thanks to Kris and Xiumin for giving such an idea. Well, the chicken feet part that is. He still is curious how the two could have known about Chorong’s love for that dish but then again Xiumin and Kris are close to Bomi so that won’t be much of a mystery.

 


 

“Luyi, don’t stay up too late okay?”

“Alright Luhan-ge. Now, just go to your room will you? Chorong-jie might have been waiting for you.” Luhan shook his head at his sister’s teases. He walked into his room onto to find Chorong who is still pacing back and fro in the room.

“She is not going to bed in any minute from now and by the looks of it, it will take a while before she went back to her room. I guess there is no helping it then, you have to spend the night in this room.” really. If it wasn’t for Luyi who is awake and watching TV in the living room, Chorong would already snuggled up in her bed but because Luyi is still up, looks like she can’t sneak into the room as she planned earlier. Looks like she have no choice but to spend the night in Luhan’s room tonight.

“Oh alright. I am getting tired anyway. As usual, pillow in the center okay?”

“Yes. Yes. I get it. now, just go to bed.”

“What about you?”

“I still have some paper works from the office that I need to go through. Just go to sleep. I’ll sleep later.”

“Arasso. Don’t stay up too late or I will be the one who will be going through hardships just to wake you up.”

 


 

Finally after almost an hour going through the paper works, Luhan finally decided it is time for bed. He smiled when he turned to see Chorong sleeping calmly looking like an angel even when she is sleeping. After washing his face and brushed his teeth, he lay next to Chorong. Well, next to the pillow that sits next to Chorong that is.

 


 

It is normal for Luhan to wake up in the middle of the night without any reasons at all but when he woke up at that time, his right hand felt as if there was something on it. He looked over only to see Chorong being the one that used his arm as a pillow.

Luhan carved up a smile at the sight. Looks like the pillows that has been sitting in the center doesn’t do their work tonight.

With the time he has, he studied Chorong’s face. Her eyelashes that is long and thick looks amazingly beautiful when she closed her eyes. Her cute nose, her chubby and soft cheeks. And finally his eyes stopped on her pink lips. The lips that have touched his once at their wedding last time. Slowly, his face came closer to Chorong’s until he can hear her breathing.

Knowing it isn’t the right thing to do, Luhan retreated. Chorong won’t like it one bit if he did that without her permission. But then, the sleeping Chorong suddenly snuggled closer to Luhan and Luhan himself have to admit that he is not bothered by it at all.

The next thing he knew, his left arm is already on Chorong and that night the two slept like that like a log.

Chorong who snuggled to Luhan and Luhan who had Chorong in his arms. 

 


 

So basically they are hugging each other while sleeping... XD so, this is the longest chapter I have written as long as I can remember.

The reason is because this is my last update for the rest of the year and also the last update from me for the next 11 to 12 months in 2014. I know, I dislike to go on hiatus with this fic too but I have no choice. You see, in 2014 I am about to face the biggest exam of my life which is sceduled on early November and will end late December. For those who lived in Malaysia they would probably be aware of it by the name of SPM. Those who doesn't live in Malaysia, SPM is kinda similar like the college entrance exam in Korea. 

Although I want to update this as frequent as always but since I will be living in the hostel, I won't have access to internet and to my laptop. I will try to update on school breaks if I have the time but I don't really think I would since I need to concentrate to my studies and all that. This fic is important to me but as always, studies comes first in everything.

So, I understand if any of you want to un-subscribe from this fic. Who would want to wait for so long for an update? I honestly don't blame you. Those you keep subscribing, I thank all of you. I know the year 2013 still have a total of 8 days or so remaining but tomorrow my family and I are going on a last-minute trip (long story) I will be back at home on Thursday but by then I need to prep for school and hostel and such so no can do.

But I will try to update if I have the chance too though. Sorry if the author's note is super long this time but then again, please do comment lots and lots... ^^ Oh, before I forgot do like Luhan and Chorong's fanpage on FB. Here is the link. Luhan & Chorong

-dewdrops