Heartbroken

Meant To Be

It took a while before everyone in the room was able to calm themselves down but eventually they did and currently, all ears were listening intently to what Lu Han was saying. Jooyi on the other hand looks victorious as she refused to make eye contact with anyone there as she focused on her bundle of joy in her hands, trying to coo her to sleep.

“So what you are saying is that you two have a daughter together?” asked Mr. Lu and Lu Han hesitantly nodded, much to the dismay of the rest of the people in the room then.

“Are you even sure that it’s- “ Mrs. Lu paused on her words and corrected herself before continuing on her question “- I mean, she’s yours?”

Probably was a bit irritated that she was completely left out of the attention, Jooyi chirped in to answer to the question that was not even addressed to her. “The DNA says they are the perfect match, so you should not doubt the truth anymore.” Apparently she look more triumph than ever when she said that.

Lu Han could only hang his head down, afraid of the disappointed look that flashed in his family’s eyes. He hates to be such a disappointment to his family who have been counting on him all over the years but what scares him most at the moment is what would his wife react to all of this. It took him all of his courage and willpower to raise his head slightly and to take a peek at the pregnant woman who was sitting next to Lu Yi and directly opposite of him.

He wished he had never made the decision to look. The second he look at her was the moment where his whole world crumbled to pieces. Unlike most people who had been through something as shocking and surprising as they are undergoing right now, Chorong was nowhere close to tears. Her expression is stone cold. As if she had not heard anything or she just does not care about it all. But Lu Han knows his wife enough to know the inner turmoil of emotions that she is experiencing then. Heart-broken is not even close to what can be use to describe Chorong right then.

Lu Han was just about to reach for Chorong’s hands but before he was able to make a move, Chorong stood up suddenly, her head hanging low as she whispered the words that were barely heard due to the ruckus but Lu Han heard it loud and clear.

“Excuse me.” Lu Yi even offered herself to go with Chorong yet the older woman shook her head in motion that she would prefer to be on her own for now. And even though Lu Han himself would like to do nothing else than going after her, the vibe and aura that Chorong emitted clearly speaks for itself. She wants to be alone and Lu Han. Especially Lu Han, is not welcomed.

A few eyes followed Chorong as she stood and walked towards the stairs and climbed upstairs and no one said a word. Sympathy to the young woman and resentment to the one that caused it all.

And Lu Han knew that the blame is all on him.


 

The second she entered the room, she immediately locked the door and right then and there, her legs gave away as she slides down to the floor. The tears that she so bravely withstand for the last hour came streaming down her cheeks. Her right hand was placed over in order to muffle her sobs simply because she knew even the slightest hint of her crying will lead to all of the personnel downstairs to come rushing to her side. Including Lu Han. And seeing Lu Han is the last thing she wanted right now. Chorong felt so betrayed, so useless, so unneeded, so… disposable.

She knew it was wrong when she decided to give her everything to Lu Han. Her life, her heart, her soul, her trust and most importantly… her love. She knew it was wrong but even at this moment where the truth is all put to display, she cannot bring herself to regret her decision of committing herself to Lu Han, heart and soul. Because no matter how much she wat to deny it, Chorong herself knows that the moment she decided to give her heart to Lu Han and the times where she spent her days loving the man that she was married to, she would never regret it.

But with everything that had just happened within an hour of time, Chorong honestly have no idea what to feel. She wanted to shout and scream in rage but she knows very well that would not do any good for anyone. Blame it on the hormonal madness or just her triple X chromosome that made who she is but honestly anyone who would be in her shoes probably may do the same if not much more worse than she is.

After a while allowing herself being succumbed to her emotions, she finally regain her composure as she walked over to the King size bed in the room. Lu Han’s old bedroom which was then later turned into the married couple’s bedroom whenever they came to visit and spend the night at the Lu household. Since the room has so many things that belong to Lu Han, Chorong has the urge to rip and destroy every single one of them but then again, all of those would be useless.

This mess is not going to be undone just like that. Finally able to think straight, she grabbed her cell-phone and dialled for the one that she knew was the closest one to the mansion and can get there as soon as possible.

“Naeun-ah…”


 

It had been almost an hour since Chorong excused herself upstairs and Lu Han is getting agitated. Worried of what is happening to Chorong. He wants to do nothing than getting his up there and have Chorong in his arms but the situation does not allow him too. With the evidence that  Sooyeon is truly his, his parents and Chorong’s parents are in a heated conversation.

“There is no other choice. You have to marry her Han.”

“But-”

“No buts young man. You lead yourself to this mess and you have to take responsibility.”

“Then what about Chorong?”

“She can stay with us for the rest of her pregnancy.” quipped her father-in-law after a while and he paused, probably to give time for Lu Han to digest what he was about to say next. “Then after she deliver… we’ll see how it goes from there.”

It does not need a genius to uncover what he really meant by that. Lu Han could easily read between the lines. And he would kill himself if that is to happen. Then again, he is in no position to have a say.

The mood in the room was rather glum as each of them was lost in their own thoughts. The only one who was looking quite swell and bright is none other than Jooyi. Even though she was trying to hide the smile that threatens to carve on her face but the relief and the giddiness that everything is finally working in her favour is something that is worth celebrating for.

All heads and eyes soon shot up when the flops of Chorong’s flats echoes as she walk down the stairs with much hardship.

“I think it is best for me to leave.” Said Chorong, her head still hanging low.

“Where are you going? You can just stay here.” Cooed Mrs. Lu to her eldest daughter-in-law.

“Home. I need to do something.” She paused and when she saw the worried expression etched onto the elders, she gave them a tired smile before she said, “ Naeun is coming to get me, so don’t worry.”

“I can drive you home Rong.” After a moment of silence, Lu Han finally spoke but he could feel his heart getting stabbed multiple times when he saw the look Chorong was giving him before she looked back to their parents.

“You should stay. And sort all of this out.” the sound of a car horn outside of the gates got Chorong walking to the gates and disappeared into the white Mercedes Benz.

 

“Unnie, are you okay?”

“Get Hayoung to the condo. Now.” Naeun was rendered speechless due to how firm Chorong sounds and how fragile she looks right now. Chorong was on the verge of tears. And on the verge of breaking into pieces.


 

When they arrived at the condo, Hayoung was already there, waiting on the doorsteps. Chorong did not even mutter a word out as she unlocked the front door and walked into the house and leaving the other two completely confused as they kept giving each other looks and questions of why their oldest sister is acting as such.

Almost half an hour later, Chorong walked out of her room, with a large baggage in tow and her handbag that she held firmly.

“Chorong-unnie?”

“No questions. I need you to prepare divorce papers for me and be my lawyer for the case.” It is an understatement to say that the two of them were surprised of her request.

“Unnie-”

“I told you two, no question! Just do as I say!” again they were surprised when Chorong who has never raised her voice to that level to them ever did that.

“I’m sorry. But please. Don’t ask me anything.” Knowing it might be the best for them to let Chorong be for a while, Oh Hayoung and Son Naeun finally decided to pry further until she herself was ready to tell her story.

“Okay. But can I ask what is with the huge luggage?” asked Naeun as her eyes trailed to the luggage next to Chorong.

“I need to go somewhere for a while. To get my mind off things.”

“Go where exactly?” Hayoung’s questions was answered with a shook of her head. Not now. I can’t tell you now.

“I have one last favour to ask of you Naeun. Drive me to the airport please Naeun. And both of you please, not a word of this to anyone.”


 

It had been hours when they finally reached a conclusion and after driving Jooyi to her apartment, Lu Han departed to the flat, anxious and eager to talk to Chorong. But when he arrived, the place was completely empty. No sign of Chorong anywhere. It was until he realised that some of Chorong’s clothes and her private and important documents gone, that he finally can conclude.

“Chorong… why is this happening to us? And why you chose to leave me Rong?”


 

Thankfully the address was located right in the centre of the city thus it proves to be quite easy for Chorong to find the one that she had been looking for. After knocking on the door twice, she waited for some time before it was opened by a familiar face who in fact was surprised to see her.

“Chorong-san?” her brown orbs widened in surprise to see a friend of hers that she has not seen since the older woman’s wedding. Chorong who had been through a lot of thing for the past few hours with the shocking news, the divorce papers and her getting on the plane for hours to the country of the rising sun, her emotions which is indeed already in chaos finally broke down the strong façade that she had put on for so long.

In the country which is miles away from the source of her problems, in front of her good friend that she missed, she finally broke down into tears as the younger of the two women held Chorong in her hands.

“Naa-chan…” was the last words she said before she broke down into a tear spree. Having every single resentments, frustrations and disappointments being relieved with her tears.