Okay

Meant To Be

 

It was a quiet and misty Sunday morning in Seoul and Chorong just arrived back to the apartment after a morning jog with the girls. It is Saturday  and that means no work what-so-ever all day long. It’s quite a rare thing for Chorong to have the weekends off since she is a doctor and her work-shift isn’t really flexible. Sometimes she has her day off on Monday, Tuesday or any day of the week. It’s just random and that also means she doesn’t see the rest of the girls often when she has her leave.

But when the 7 girls get together, things certainly get chaotic and a lot louder than usual. After finish taking her shower, Chorong went to the kitchen to prepare  some breakfast for the rest of the group. After a while, she is joined by Yookyung. Good thing Yookyung is good with desserts and so Chorong got an extra hand in making breakfast.

Soon, after breakfast, Namjoo, Naeun and Hayoung was on cleaning duty while the others spend their time leisurely in the living room. It was peace and quiet for a while well, except for the commotion between Eunji and Bomi. Those two always brighten up the atmosphere.

Chorong was watching some re-run dramas on the television. All of a sudden, the ringtone of her phone was heard. Without even looking at the caller ID, Chorong slide her phone to answer the call.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Ne. Chorong-ah.” a motherly tone was heard from the other line which Chorong recognized the caller’s voice instantly. Excitement filled her face as she talked to the person on the line. The other 6 girls immediately knew who is caller based on their unnie’s respond. It must be none other Chorong’s mother.

“Oh omma. Why did you called me all of a sudden? Is Dad sick or something? Or something happened to Sunghee? Or is it because Choyeon unnie has already gave birth?” the girls giggled at their unnie when they heard Chorong’s endless question session.

Her mother also chuckled at her second daughter question. Chorong is as hasty as ever.

“Oh. Chorong. Stop implying that there is anything wrong whenever I give you a call. There is nothing wrong. I just missed you sweetheart. I called to know how you are doing. Plus, when are you going to visit us here?”

“I was going to. Since I have today and tomorrow off, maybe I’ll depart this evening in 4 or 5 or so.”

“Oh really? Bring the girls too if they have free time. It has been quite a while since I see all 6 of them.”

“Arasso omma. See you later. I miss you.”

“Miss you too sweetie. See you later. I have a feast to prepare.”

“Now you are making me hungry for your cooking omma. Okay, see you later.” Chorong looked at every single one of the girl in the apartment after her phone call ended.

“So, what do you girls say? Are you girls coming with me? A feast of good food is getting ready to be eaten by us.” the 7 of them exchange looks with each other then they immediately smiled to each other. Decision has been made.

“Pack your things girls. We are leaving in 3 more hours. Make sure to clean up things before we go. Arasso? Oh, Bomi-ah looks like you need to drive too this time. My car won’t fit 7 people at the same time.” Bomi who was munching on some chips, just nodded and so does the other girls. Looks like they have a fun trip in the weekends this time.

 


 

On the other side in Gangnam, Luhan just woke up from his sleep. Partying till’ dawn last night surely has some effect for him. Good thing he lived in his own penthouse. Things won’t be quite pretty if he woke up with a pounding head and looks that certainly indicates that the dude has just encountered a hangover. He got home safely was all thanks to Suo, the dude is a heavy drinker and he can handle a glass or two but as for Luhan, he is not much of a drinker thus he got the effect quite fast than others.

Another good thing is that today is his day off. Well, he sure is busy but his position is just a Senior Executive thus he is not that busy compared to the CEO which is his father himself. The sound of his phone ringing eventually adds to the pain he is feeling right now.

Note to yourself Luhan. You need to control yourself especially when you are drinking. But as he picked his phone from the table beside the sofa he is sitting on, he regained his composure and was making sure he doesn’t sound like he is having one of those hangover.

When he made sure he was ready, he finally picked up the call.

“Yes Father.”

“Luhan. Your Mother is forcing me to make sure you turn up for dinner tonight. You didn’t forget didn’t you?”

“No. Of course not Father.”

“Good. Make sure you turn up. Or else your Mother will nag at me all day long.”

“Okay Father. I’ll be there.” the short yet awkward conversation between the father and son ended just like that. Luhan sighed. Well, it has been quite a while since he last visited his family. He see his father almost every day, that is true but they didn’t interact much as father and son since most of their conversation is basically about work stuff and projects that they discussed during the meetings and all.

Other than the company, they don’t even see each other at home since Luhan was being firm about his decision of living in his own place. His reasons were to get some free space and some peace and also some freedom from his parents. He has been living in their shadow for the past 23 years. He really wants to escape that for now.

And he somehow was proud on his decision of living by himself. He never felt so free than the times when he was living with his parents. With curfews and the way he need to behave himself. It is a bit suffocating living with all those restrictions especially when Luhan is dude.

But he still visits his parents from time to time. His mother cooking is one of the thing that always ,made him came home without any force by any one. Perhaps its time for him to visit. Since he has been held responsible for the new project, he barely have time for himself even. And a chance on the weekdays to enjoy some warm and fuzzy food that is made by his mother is probably one of the many privilege that is rarely seen so why not?

 


 

After probably 3 to 4 hours of long drive, the girls finally reached Chorong’s house. The silver grey Honda City that belongs to Chorong parked inside the house area then followed by a white Nissan Teana that belongs to Bomi. Yookyung, Naeun and Hayoung who ride with Chorong got out of the car and stand next to each other while waiting for the other girls. Namjoo, Eunji and Bomi who ride in the same car finally got out and led by Chorong, the girls head towards the front door. Chorong called out her mother a few times before the front door was opened by Chorong’s little sister, Sunghee.
 

“Unnie, you’re here. Omma! Chorong unnie and the other unnies are here! Unnies, come on in.” the girls nodded as they stepped into Chorong’s cosy home. It was a bit old and rustic but certainly have a great  soothing vibe to it. The girls took off their shoes before stepping into the house. Halfway towards the living room, a middle age lady in her early 50’s rushed through the corridor and when she reached the girls, both the woman and Chorong shared a warm hug. It has been a while since the two have seen each other. With Chorong’s busy work schedules, they rarely see or talk to each other much.

“Omma. I missed you.”

“I know. Now, just go to your room and pack your things. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes. You girls should follow Chorong too. Make yourself at home.”

“Neh Ommonim.” since they knew each other from college years, everyone is pretty much like family. They visited each other’s home pretty frequently until they began to call each of their parents as ‘Omonim’ or ‘Abonim’. That is how close the girls are with each other.

They went up to Chorong’s bedroom upstairs. The room itself wasn’t really but it is enough to fit the 7 girls for one night. That’s right, they are sleeping over for one night. It is basically something that is normal for the girls to do.

After finishing their task, they went downstairs to help with whatever they could. That night, the dinner at the Park family is yet again loud and cheerful with the presence of Chorong’s family and also the other 6 bright girls.

 


 

He arrived at the front door when the watch on his wrist ticks 7.00 p.m. He went in and was greeted by one of the maids. He nodded as Luhan made his way towards the kitchen where his mother was busy preparing the dishes.

“Mother. You made a lot. Who are coming today?”

“No one. It is just us. And Luhan, stop eating the side dishes. Now, run along. I need to set up the table. Just get your Father from his office and get Luyi from her room.” nodding to his mother’s words, Luhan went up the stairs and head towards the room that situated on the second floor of the mansion and was next to the Master Bedroom which belongs to his parents. He knocked on the door and a subtle sound of ‘Come in’ was heard from inside. When he got in, he bowed to his father who was having his eyes on some documents regarding the company. Even at an old age, the man still works hard and Luhan has to admit it even though his relationship with his father is not close compared to the other father and son pair, he has a soft spot for the old man. He is his father after all. It hurts him to see his father to still putting his time and mind for the company when other friends of his age has already retired from work and leaving things to their son’s hand. That is why Luhan worked so hard. He wasn’t to prove to his father he is capable to handle the company thus will make his father pass on the position to him and the old man can finally retire from the tiring and stressful work.

“Mother said dinner is ready.” Mr. Lu just nodded and Luhan went out of the room and head towards his little sister’s room with a playful smile on his face. That could only means that he has something in store for the young lady. A few minutes later, a loud scream is heard throughout the mansion. That only means one thing. Luhan managed to prank and annoyed Luyi.

 


 

With Naeun and Yookyung on dish duties, Hayoung and Namjoo on cleaning and sweeping duties,  and Bomi and Eunji helping Sunghee with her homework, Chorong and her parents were finally given the space and time to talk after a while. They mostly talk about Chorong. How is life, her work but after a while beating around the bushes, Chorong’s mother finally let out the question she has been dying to ask her second daughter.

“Chorong-ah. Do you possibly has a special friend at the moment?”

“You mean special as in boyfriend right? No.”

“How can you get married with this kind of situation. You have yet to have a boyfriend.”

“Married? Omma, I am still young. There are tons of time for me to think about that matter.”

“Young? Chorong, I had you when I was only 20. I repeat. 20. You are now 22. You’re no longer a small girl. You can even be considered as an old spinster!” Chorong almost face-palmed herself. That is always the topic her mother loves to talk about whenever Chorong is around. Flashing an S.O.S signal to her dad but the man just laughed and Chorong pouted. Her dad surely is not on her side this time.

“Mom, I just don’t have the time to met people. How can I possibly find  a boyfriend? Plus, I never even date anyone before. How can I possibly tell if he is the one? Can’t we just let this topic go? You always ask about this whenever I got home.”

“That is because I am dying to have a grandchild from you Chorong-ah. Your sister, Choyeon is almost to giving birth. You need to get married to give me more grandchildren. At this old age, all I need is for my daughters to have a happy married life before I am gone.”

“Mom. You know I hate it when you talk about death and things like that. Fine. If you want me to get married so much, just find me a husband. I’ll marry him if you want me too.”  that certainly brighten Chorong’s mother’s mood.

“You mean it Chorong-ah?” Chorong just nodded. If that makes her mother happy then be it. Getting married is not that complicated right? Or is it? While Chorong was thinking about that, her mother is already grinning from ear to ear. This just means that her plan is finally going to be realized.

 


 

“What? Married?” Luhan was almost going to spit his drink out when his mother brought out the topic about marriage out of nowhere when the family was in the living room after dinner.

“Yes. It is about time for you to get married.” Luhan nodded, Her mother do have a point. Besides, he has already someone in his mind.

“Okay then. I already have a perfect one in my mind.” Luhan’s father frown by the sudden mention of the right one from Luhan.

“No Luhan. You are going to be married to the lady of our choice.”

“What? There is no way!”

“Young man, even if you don’t agree with our decision, you still need to follow it. I will never take a woman like you current girlfriend as the daughter-in-law of this house.”

“But why? Jooyi has no flaws. To me, she is perfect!”

“No objections young man, you are getting married to a lady of our choice and that is final!”

“What if I don’t want to?”

“Then that means you will never get the title of CEO in your hands Luhan.” Luhan looked at his father in disbelief of what the man have said. He can’t be serious.

“I am serious and you are going to do as I say if you want that title Luhan.” Things got quiet as Luhan was thinking the pros and cons. He love Jooyi but the company is his life. He cannot lose it just because of something like this.

“Think wise young man. This will eventually determine your future.” after a few minutes of silence, Luhan finally spoke up gaining everyone’s attention in the room.

“I’ll do it.”

 


 

Quite a long chapter this time. Hope you like it. Sorry if you are a bit dissapoint with zero Chorong X Luhan interactions for the moment. Just be patient, there are still more chapters to come. I'm updating this just a few minutes before my birthday so, Happy Birthday to me! XD (wow, I sound so shameless right now.. XD) anyway, to one of my subbie, jennyrose1994, I watched the video about ChoHan that you have made and I love it! Here is the video to anybody who haven't seen it yet.. Lurong