Wavering Feelings

Meant To Be

The sweet scent of the country seeped through Luhan’s nostrils as he inhaled the fresh night air. After dinner with his in-laws, Luhan excused himself to stroll at the Park’s backyard. Luhan shifted his head towards his father-in-law the second he heard the shuffling of the older man’s feet heading in his direction.

Silence engulfed both men as all the two did were only scanning the area. Though, Chorong’s father finally broke the silence after a few awkward moments of silence.

“Han. I know that the marriage between you and Chorong was not under your will but I sincerely thank you for accepting my daughter in life.” Luhan had no idea how to reply to that. All of the sudden, an overwhelming  flush of guilt engulfed the younger man.

“I know maybe I might be asking for too much. But, I really do hope that you will come to love her one day soon enough.” Luhan was unable to answer or even respond to those words. Though, the older male didn’t question his son-in-law’s silence.

“Ah, the nagging angel has finally come.” Luhan’s head shot up when he heard that and his mouth curved upwards when he saw the one called by his father-in-law.

With her face all scrunched up as a sign of dissatisfaction, Luhan can’t help but withstand the urge to pinch his wife’s chubby cheeks.

“Here you two are. Omma and I had been calling out for both of you for centuries!” Mr. Park could only laugh when his daughter start to launch her nagging attacks.

“Well then, I better go and see what your Omma wants from me don’t I?” he slowly made his way towards the house and patted his daughter’s head along the way leaving Chorong smiling at his gesture. Chorong no matter her age was, she is still daddy’s girl.

Now, the two were finally left alone as they watched Mr. Park’s silhouette disappeared into the house.

“Han, we need to sort these things out.” those words came out with a sigh from Chorong. Luhan shifted his glance towards the woman that stood next to him and after a while, he nodded. Knowing what kind of matters that Chorong wanted to talk about he couldn’t help but felt as if a boulder was dropped onto his shoulders.

“Let’s go someplace quiet enough for us to have this conversation.” The two walked heading towards the one place they both knew where they would have a proper conversation and that was the place that they went to that very evening. Even without proper lighting, the lake still glows with the lights from the firefly. Chorong sat on a big boulder while hugging her knees as Luhan took his place beside her.

Silence was the only thing that accompanied the two along with the sounds of the small animals at the lake. It took a while for Luhan to clear up his mind up and sighed.

“Han, don’t get me wrong with this but how long are we going to keep up with this charade? Honestly, I am getting tired of it.” Luhan just nodded. He knew that they are bound to have to talk about the matter regarding their relationship soon enough. But, no matter how much he tried, he never manage to get himself to be ready for it.

“So, what are you suggesting here?”

“I’m not suggesting anything. I just want to know. How much longer do we need to keep up this façade?” Chorong looked Luhan straight in the eyes for a few seconds before she stared back towards the misty lake.

“Why?”

“Don’t get me wrong here. It’s not that I hate you or anything but day after day I am beginning to find that its getting hard to lie to others about us. It’s hard to keep pretending that we are one loving couple. The hardest was to face both of our mothers and to promise them something that both of us knew impossible. I hate to lie to our parents and acquaintances about our situation with a straight face. I just can’t handle this circle of lies anymore!”

Chorong paused for a second to catch on her breath before she began again.

“Remember what you have said to me the first time we met at the restaurant before this whole chaos started? You said that once you have full power over the company, this marriage will be over before I know it. That was what you have said to me Han. Now, why won’t you fulfill those things that you have said to me in the past? You are the CEO of the company already for heaven’s sake Luhan.  What do you want now? It’s already time for you to fulfill your promises and set both of us free from the pain and suffering that both of us are enduring right now.”

Luhan on the other hand was completely quiet. Silence once again engulfed the whole atmosphere before Luhan finally took the initiative to finally talk.

“True, I have said those things before. But I have one question for you Rong.” Luhan looked at Chorong straight in the eyes before he began again.

“Do you really want me to let you go? Do you really want to break off the tie between us? Do you really want to walk away from me? Do you really want no part of this marriage anymore?”

“I seriously don’t know Han. But one thing that I do know, if this matter is not resolved in the nearest future, both of us will suffer. Big time.”

“And why would you say that?” Now it  was Chorong’s turn to look Luhan straight in the eyes.

“Simple. You don’t love me.” One simple answer and before Luhan was able to answer, Chorong got up.

“It’s getting late. We should really be getting back.” Not waiting for Luhan to follow her footsteps, Chorong walked away from the lake and head towards the house, leaving Luhan all by himself.

“Sir.” the voice of his secretary calling his name woke him from his procrastination. Luhan listen to his secretary’s explanation about his schedule for that day before he waved her off to get ready for his next business meetings with the head of Lee Corps. at La’ Vions.

He grabbed his blazer and put it on while throwing his glance towards the high towers of Seoul city. Luhan sighed a desolate sigh as he reminisced his previous conversation with Chorong. After that particular incident, the young woman no longer share any warm remarks with him. That was a few days ago though and Chorong had been avoiding him ever since. Her excuses were simple. Doctors have some crazy work-shifts. Though she never neglected her duties as a wife, it began to frustrate Luhan.

First things first, he needs to solve all of these problems. As well as answer the most essential thing that had been lingering in his mind since the second Chorong stated her answer.

‘Simple. You don’t love me.’

 


Luhan sighed again. What do he really felt about Chorong? Does he love her? He can’t even answer that. Honestly, he doesn’t know what kind of feelings that he harbors for Chorong. Love? Maybe. But what about Jooyi? Signs of migraines are beginning to appear making his head throb even harder. Luhan don’t even know the perfect answer for the questions that lingered in his mind.

He is comfortable with Chorong around. That’s for sure. He couldn’t push the fact that he can’t get his head straight when Chorong is no longer the sarcastic, fun-loving Chorong that he has known for the past few months. But that won’t make up as a answer though.

Do I love Chorong?

“Sir. We need to get going.” Luhan nodded at his secretary and soon he was headed towards the restaurant. Pushing the issues regarding his relationship with Chorong to the back of his head as for now as he still have some works to do.

 


 

Luhan don’t even know what he should have felt that moment. Anger? Pain? Devastated? Hatred? Seriously, he has no idea. The reason was simple. He felt nothing. Watching the woman that claimed to be the one that he love all these time two-timing him with some other bald-head multi-millionaire ought to put some on fire but things were different with Luhan here. The second he saw the act of betrayal displayed by Jooyi, he don’t feel any of those feelings. Instead, he felt relieved somehow. Weird, but that was the truth.

Jooyi on the other hand was pale as ghost as Luhan eyed her from head to toe. Busted. She was busted and she definitely have no way out of the mess that she made this time around.

“O-oppa. I-I can explain all of this.” Luhan snickered as Jooyi stumble on her words.

“Save it. You don’t have to explain things to me. I understand things completely without having you to explain anything. Thanks. For opening my eyes to see the truth. And for helping me to realize what my heart really wanted all of these time. You can keep all of the mementos that I had given to you though. None of those matters to me anymore. Have a good life Jooyi. Don’t mind apologizing and don’t mind to make up excuses ‘cause I don’t think I will be able to take either of them into account.” Jooyi’s mouth hung a gap as Luhan walked away.

Finally he have the answers that he had been looking for thus for. This time, he have faith in them. The only thing that he need to do now is simply to talk with a certain person.

 

 


 

Chorong’s head throbbed with pain. Taking up night-shifts for 4 days straight don’t do great for your head in any way. The only thing that she wanted to do then was only to climb onto her comfy bed and drift off to sleep.

But the second she stepped into the lighted loft, she knew that something was up. She looked over to her wrist-watch. It is already 3 a.m. Luhan should have been in bed now as he always is.

“Rong. Can we talk?” Chorong sighed as a familiar voice spoke up just as she was about to climb up the stairs heading towards her room. Her sight is getting blurry and she herself is getting drowsy by the minute. She is exhausted and her body is fatigue.

“Han, can we do it some other time? I am not quite in the proper condition to have any kind of talk or discussion with you.” Just as she was about to continue her steps towards the stairs, her actions was halted when she found herself being pinned to the wall by Luhan.

“Don’t even think of avoiding me this time Park Chorong. You were the one that want answers last time didn’t you? Now I am giving you the answers that you wanted.”

“Luhan, what are you trying to-” she was cut off her sentence when Luhan’s lips was pressed onto hers. Surely that was the one that triggered her sense to come back to life within seconds. She herself was surprise that Luhan took.

It took quite a while before Luhan broke the kiss.

“There you have it. The answer that you wanted that is. I don’t want to end this marriage because…”

He stare Chorong right in her brown orbs when he spoke the next words.

I love you Park Chorong.


 

And here is the chapter that all of you had been waiting for. Sorry I kept all of you waiting long enough. To be completely honest with all of you, my examination ended on 25th November since my last paper was Biology. I started on this chapter on 27th November and it took me quite a while to finish this chapter since well, I kinda made myself preoccupied with other things such as online gaming (Dragon Nest is epic I tell you!) Downloading animes,movies and such (good thing my bro is great with that) and also the thing that I spent most of my time was simply watching Bleach from the first episode and just like the otaku I am, there was no way possible for me to be pull away from watching it. It took a lot of sacrifices in my behalf to finish this chapter alone. Though I am on the 258th episode now, and things are starting to get more interesting with the Zanpakuotou in their materialized forms and must I say that Byakuya is just the best!

*clear throat*

Okay, I sway too much from the whole point here. Okay, the things is, I apologize for taking a whole lot of time for this. I appreciate all the support and love from all of my subscribers. Your comments enlighten my day and I do hope that this chapter isn’t crappy or boring or trashy or too angst-ish or anything like it. I really do hope all of you like it. Thank you for your patience all these time. Don’t forget to comment!