Busted

Meant To Be

Seriously, she can literally feel her face is burning. Not only her face but her whole head. Her eyes can’t seem to leave the white floors. Her cheeks and ears surely red like some bell tomatoes. Sometimes, her right hand would end up smacking her own head lightly. Those only indicates to one simple thing. Park Chorong is embarrassed.

When she woke up this morning on 5 a.m. as she always do with her eyes that aren’t fully opened as she herself is a bit drowsy and sleepy she felt a bit stuffy. Then it came to her, the pillow that she used as a fort last night smells like it has been washed with men’s cologne which is quite a mystery since the fabric softeners that she used are usually flower scented or something like that. Something is terribly off.

As she began to get her almost fully aware of her surroundings, her head finally was able to interpret everything that it needs to. And oh my, when she was finally processed every inch of the information together, she almost jumped off the bed if it wasn’t for Luhan arms that held her back.

Her commotion surely was enough to wake Luhan up and Chorong seriously cannot take a look at the guy in the eyes especially when the lady herself is wrapped up in the lad’s hands.

“Lu-Luhan. Can umm can you please let your hands off me?” Luhan wasn’t still him at that time since he was still sleepy so he just held on tight on Chorong while his eyes open and shut repeatedly as he was still a bit drowsy and was not-fully-consious. But then after a little while, Luhan is finally himself again and man he surely did let go off Chorong’s hand when he finally realized what he had just done.

Chorong’s eyes are still stuck on the floor and her head feels a lot better to look at the ground than letting Luhan see her completely red face.

“I umm… I better go.  I still need to make breakfast so umm… I better go.” she didn’t even wait for Luhan’s next words as she flashed out of the room and went to her room to shower and change. It’s a good thing the day is still early so it would safe for her to go to her room without being interrogate by Luyi. She already had a chaotic scene as a start for the day.

 

 


The child-like voice that has been muttering things to herself can be heard coming from the kitchen along with the sound of sizzling eggs and strips of thinly sliced onions  that has been put on the fire by Chorong just now.

And the blabbering also includes a few knocking on the head by the owner of the body herself. Apparently hitting yourself in the head helps to get rid the embarrassing memories she had just encountered just now. Or so she thought.

“Why in the name of my favorite chicken feet I did what I just did?” see, just as we all expected, it doesn’t work. And Chorong on the other hand is still blabbering nonsense about the incident.

Since she was too busy hitting her head continuously, she never did realize that the eggs and onions that she put on just now doesn’t really look like they were supposed to or even the way they suppose to taste like. When she finally realized there was some strange scent all across the kitchen,  at that time, she finally panicked. Both of the onions and eggs that she put on just now has been burnt to ashes. Well, maybe ashes would be a bit exaggerating but you know what I mean. She quickly went over the stove and turn off the fire and without having a second thought, she grabbed the steaming hot pan thinking to cool it off in the sink. But the thing is when you grab hot things with your bare hands, you are bound to yelp in pain a few seconds later and well, that is exactly what had happened to Chorong.

The pan hit the white tile of the floor with a loud sound and well the things that have been burnt just now is currently making quite a mess on the white tiles. Chorong’s hand on the other hand felet numb due to the heat that her hand has just make contact with just now. Eventually she found herself sitting down on the floor since the pain was just a little close to being unbearable. The pain made her groan in order to withstand the pain.

Well, first of all it doesn’t work at all. The pain got stronger by the second but that was only for a while though.

Within the first few seconds, a cold sensation was felt on her right hand that just felt pain just now. When she look up, it turns out that the one person that she hopes she can avoid for the rest of the day happens to be the one to be bleaching her hand with ice cubes that has been wrapped inside a small kitchen towel.

“What were you thinking just now? Where did your mind went of this time? It’s a good thing what happened wasn’t anything too serious. Really Park Chorong.”

Chorong could only pout when Luhan was busy nagging away. Who knew that the man that she was married too for 4 months can be such a nagger? And the girls called her the mother-in-law of a mother-in-law simply implying that she is world’s worst nagger.

The girls will surely be surprised if they ever heard Luhan’s nagging.

“Sheesh. Don’t make a mountain out of a  mole hole. It’s not like things like this only happens only once in a lifetime. Everyone in the world are bound to get bruises and burn marks whenever and wherever.”

Luhan just shook his head seeing how Chorong continued to object to his every words. Its hard having a wife that is great at making arguments with people and bound not to lose with her words.

“Well, I watched you from the staircase for quite a while and looks to me that you h yourself in the head instead of keeping your head and attention to the frying pan and you end up like this. Now tell me Park Chorong, what was in your head at that time that eventually leads to this? Care to fill me up on the details about this huh?”

“Nothing. Its just an accident. Nothing was going through my head at that time.” Chorong on the other hand was trying to bail out of the situation or otherwise the question at that time or it will be just a major embarrassment to her if Luhan ever knew what was going through her mind at that time. No way she is going to risk the high possibly she would be embarrassed for the rest of the day by none other than the guy that she had been married to.

Luhan on the other hand can’t seem to believe whatever nonsensical things that has came out of Chorong’s lips and his face surely shows what he thinks. And Chorong surely can see that. She let out a sigh when Luhan looks like he is still waiting for the answer from Chorong.

“I’mk telling you, it was nothing. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have breakfast for three to prepare for. Or else all of us are going to starve for the rest of the morning.” Chorong was about to get up and continue her work but then as we all would have thought, Luhan is never going to let happen thus he grab Chorong’s hand before she could do anything.

“What in the world are you talking about Rong? There is no way you are going to cook without having any problem when your hand is in that kind of condition.”

“I told you. Its nothing serious. Gezz Luhan, it is just a small burn. It’ll get better soon enough. I can do the things that I need just fine. No need to worry about it.”

“No way. I am not going to take any chance about this matter. Just let Luyi to cook. End of problem.”

But before Chorong could even answer to that, a loud shrieking of ‘NO WAY’ was heard all across the room. No wonder, it came from Luyi.

“Han-ge, have you toatally lost your mind? I never once in my lifetime cook and plus, I don’t even know how. There is no way you are going to step in and let you play this lovey-dovey scene with Chorong-jiejie. I might as well burn the entire building. Sorry Chorong-jie, I love you but you need to understand me Jiejie. Do help me over here.” the young girl is now clinging onto Chorong’s shoulders with her signature puppy eyes begging Chorong to help her and Chorong however turn her head to Luhan with her left eyebrow arching up and there you have it, Chorong’s “What-did-I-tell-you” look.

With the two woman that is special to him giving him the same look, Luhan had no choice other than giving up to both of them.

“Okay, fine. Since both of you can’t seem to cook for breakfast today then just get ready and get dressed. Let’s just get our breakfast at a café or something for today. How about that?” Luyi was smiling from ear to ear when she heard that while Chorong on the other hand seem hesitant. She is not really the type that love to have her breakfastin café and restaurants when she can cook them herself. She thinks it is quite a bother to doll up and dress nicely when they were only going to have breakfast. Plus, she really think that breakfast that is home-cooked is a whole lot better than the ones that you have outside. Well, that is how she thinks anyway. Who can argue?

“You know, I can easily whip up some flapjacks and pancakes or something like that.”

“With your hand like that? No possible way.”

“But-” Chorong was about to object yet the look that Luhan gave her certainly pipe her down. Yet, she pout when she knew that she is so not going to win in this argument. And people called her hard-headed. Well, maybe that is a bit exaggerating but still!

“Okay, fine. I give up.”

“This is why I love you Chorong-jie.” Luyi gave Chorong a tight squeeze and the woman just chuckled with her sister-in-law’s cuteness level. How can she ever say no to the girl?

“Okay, since the decision is already made up then, you two go and get yourselves dolled up. I am only going to give you two one hour to prepare alright?”

“Ge! That is not enough! At least give us two hours at the very least!”

“What? Two hours? Luyi, its getting late as it is and you expect me to wait? No way, I am only going to give you an amount of two hours. Now more, no less. So if you don’t want to miss breakfast then you better hurry baby sister, the clock is ticking by.”

Luyi doesn’t seem like she is satisfied but Luhan’s threats surely get to her as she quickly pulled Chorong’s right arm, made her way to her room while pulling her sister-in-law right behind her and while climbing up the staircase, her lips keep muttering and grunts can be heard clearly.

“One hour. Who can get ready in one hour? Sheesh, he can even tolerate with his cute baby sister. I still question how you can get married to my brother Chorong-jie plus living with him to this day even!” Chorong chuckled as she heard that. Oh Luyi, you wouldn’t want to know anything about that my dear. Trust me.


 

“This is what you get when you gave these ladies time.” with a red polo shirt and dark blue jeans, Luhan has nothing to do except switching the channels on the television multiple times and his feet kept tapping the floor.

“Jeez, you need to learn to have patience Han-ge. It only took a few minutes pass an hour that you gave us. Don’t make such a big deal out of it would ya’?”

“See, this is why I was so hesitant to give you more than an hour my darling little sister.” He was about to argue more but then the following words was left unsaid as the lad could only gape when he saw Chorong came down the stairs.

She was wearing a one-piece red dress that complements her whit skin and her child-like face. The dress wasn’t over the top. Just a simple red dress that pass her knees and the upper part was decorated with some embroidery in white. To put it in short, she looks magnificent.

“Aigoo, come one Ge. You were the one that said we were late. Come on, you can sit and stare at Chorong jiejie next time.” Luhan really want to knock Luyi’s head hard right now while Chorong hang her head low when she locked eyes with Luhan for a while just now. For now, she is trying to keep her heart beat at a normal rate.

“And now they are making a romantic drama right in front of my eyes. Come on you two, I am starving here!”

 


 

The three had just finished breakfast and as for now since Luyi begged her brother so hard, they are now at the mall. Luyi surely knows a way how to get her brother to do whatever she told him to do. She is his beloved little sister.

Luhan was just walking behind the ladies as Luyi doesn’t look like she is going to let Chorong’s hand go any moment.

“If only I can hold her hands right now.” it is only a mutter to himself without he even realize it. when he did realized what he have said, he paused. What has gotten into him?

Luhan just chose to sit on a bench that is situated near to the boutique that Luyi dragged Chorong into. There is no way he is going to follow Luyi into a boutique or he would be bored to death. Again, his mind flashed back at what he has just said just now. What has gotten into him really? Did he perhaps? Fall for Chorong?

That however was interrupted as he felt a pair of hands hugging him from behind and when he look, it turns out to be Jooyi. Lee Jooyi.

“Jooyi. How did you get here?” Luhan can’t say for sure what he felt right now. He is not that happy to see his girlfriend as he usually would.

“I just came here to take a look at the new dresses for the season. Luck has it I met you here. Can you accompany me Oppa?” Jooyi asked the hesitant guy without even realizing Luhan was not really in the mood. And the next minutes passed by with Jooyi trying to persuade Luhan to come with her.


 

Meanwhile back in the boutique, Chorong was observing the couple through the glass door. Her heart felt a slight ‘pang’. It hurts her to see Jooyi with Luhan like that. It hurts a lot.

“Jiejie, what are you doing? You have to take a look at this-” Chorong didn’t even had the chance to stop Luyi as the young girl already saw what is going on between her brother and his girlfriend that she thought was already out of Luhan’s life since he got married to Chorong.

Luyi was about to go out and go give her brother a live lesson but Chorong manage to stop her.

“Jiejie! You can’t let this pass like this. That woman ought to be teach not to meddle in other people’s marriage.”

“Just let it go Luyi. There is nothing that we can do about it. Luhan won’t like it.”

“Wait, does that mean that you knew about Luhan-ge and that woman?” Chorong had no choice but nod. The cat is already out of the bag. No use of hiding it anymore. The minutes passed with Chorong explaining everything to Luyi. Their lies, their acts of being lovey-dovey in front of Luyi, all of it.

“Why do you didn’t do anything about it? He is your husband. You can’t let this pass just like that. You need to do something.”

“What can I do? Jooyi was his girlfriend before we got married and honestly speaking, they are still dating even now. Your brother have yet to let go of his feelings for Lee Jooyi. That is the truth that both of us need to accept.”

“No way. I am not going to let this thing pass by just like that. Something needs to be done and I know exactly what we need to do.” Chorong look at Luyi with confusion with what she is going to do and Luyi on the other hand grinned with the plans that are forming in her head. But Chorong somehow has a feeling that she wasn’t going to like the plans.


 

hello. -dewdrops here. I know, its been a while since I last updated. LIfe has been hectic these days.The stress of a student who will be facing SPM in a few months so forgive me for the long wait. I'll try to update whenever I have the time. So, I hope you will like this update. Sory if the chapter is a bit confusing. But I hope you all will like it. Please comment lots and lots. ^^

-dewdrops