Disastrous Dinner

Meant To Be

“You didn’t decorated the house all by yourself didn’t you?” Chorong asked as she was seated by Luhan at the small dining table that was situated in their living room that was beautifully decorated with white and baby pink carnations, purple iris and anemones.

The surrounding was also tossed with brilliant colors such as white, red and a little dab of gold. It made the room looks a bit classy yet, not too glamorous for comfort. The decorations made the room classy yet gave out a romantic vibe all at the same time.         

“Well, I guess I have some help.” Chorong’s eyebrows were arched upwards when the word some came out of Luhan’s mouth. Realizing the doubting look that Chorong was giving him, Luhan chuckled.

“Okay, okay. I admit it, I got a lot of help from the boys and the girls. Happy?”

“Much likely. The feminine touches around the room looks awfully familiar.”

“Well, Bomi, Eunji, Naeun, Yookyung , Namjoo and Hayoung even didn’t allow me to be inside the room while they were on the job.” said Luhan as he took the seat that was facing Chorong.

“That means that you didn’t really contribute anything then.” giving him a wary look, Luhan stood in his defense.

“Hey, I contribute just as much okay? The girls apparently robbed me off my bank accounts. I am terrified to check the amount left in the account anytime soon. ”  Chorong laughed when those words came out as a sigh from Luhan.

“Geez, drop it Han. Your bank accounts won’t dry up anytime soon and it can feed even out grand-children’s children.” Luhan’s eyes shot up when those words escaped Chorong’s lips.

“Am I hearing it right? So you’re saying that we will have kids?” seriously, all Chorong wanted to do was simply slap herself in the head for those foolish words that came from her own big mouth.

“I’m hungry. What’s for dinner?” switching the topic ever so smoothly in order to hide from the major embarrassment, Chorong only hung her head low while Luhan could only chuckled watching Chorong’s response.

“Have a sit my lady, dinner will be served in just a minute.” Chorong just chuckled with Luhan’s antics and while Luhan excused himself to the kitchen, she let her eyes wander to the decorations. She had to admit, the decorations were surely suited to her taste. Simple, yet elegant and mesmerizing. The girls surely know what they were doing and where to get the money from.

“I taught them well.” Chorong knew that even without Luhan’s finances, her girls could pull off all of these with their own money. The girls were just using this as an excuse to get back at Luhan for his past acts towards Chorong.

 


 

It’s been an hour and still no sign from Luhan who was in the kitchen. Chorong got up from her seat heading towards the kitchen with the worst possible scenarios in mind. Did Luhan hurt himself and pass out or something like that? But when she finally got to the kitchen, she find Luhan in one piece, not a single drop of blood out of his veins.

Instead, her husband was standing in front of the microwave and staring the electrical appliance as if the microwave was a murderer on the stand while his left hand was holding the manual to the microwave.

“Luhan, what are you doing?” Luhan almost jumped when Chorong said that and Chorong was about to burst out laughing due to the sight then. The Luhan that greeted into the house who was dressed in a black tuxedo and looked dashing all was long gone. The man that was standing in front of Chorong has already discarded his black jacket and was only wearing his white shirt, both of the arms of his shirt were rolled up to his elbow plus, he was wearing the white colored and pink heart-shaped apron that belonged to Chorong.

Though, Chorong had to admit, he looked quite cute in them.

“Err… Umm… trying to operate the microwave?” Chorong can’t help but to face-palmed herself.

“So you’re saying that even though you had this microwave for years you have no idea how to operate them? Are you serious with me right now Han?” Luhan just nodded and once again Chorong sighed.

“Good thing I had a hunch to get myself here or we’ll both starve to death tonight. Seriously Luhan, next time just tell me if you were having problems! ” Luhan just let out a sheepish chuckle at Chorong’s respond.

“Basically, just type in the number of minutes and the number of seconds to reheat the dish. So, how long does it need?” Luhan seemed to be lost in thought for a while and Chorong just waited for the answer patiently.

“5 minutes 30 seconds I think.” Chorong nodded and began to type in the numbers and then pressed the ‘Cook’ button to activate them.

“There you have it, in 5 minutes we’ll have our meal ready. So, in the meantime just get out of here and let me take care of-” Chorong’s words were cut short when the microwave started to breath out smoke out of it.

“What the-” flashing yet another confused look at Luhan while the male let out a nervous laugh.

“Han. Explain. Now!” even with the madness, Chorong still has her composure as she switched off the plug of the microwave and opened the window to let the smoke out before the smoke can activate the fire alarm system.

“I may have typed the keypad several time before you did. And pressed the ‘Cook’ button more than a few times in the last hour.” admitting to his faults and cowering in fear for Chorong’s reaction Luhan busied himself with fanning away the smoke with a dish rag he found lying on the counter.

Unfortunately… their efforts were to no avail when the fire alarm rang and the sprinklers did their work. Sprinkling ounces of water in the kitchen area. Both Chorong and Luhan were drenched in water. So long to the lovely tux and dress.

 


 

Good thing it was not out of hand. After around 5 minutes or so, the sprinklers stopped and the smoke was no longer around though they are both wet and starving. Not to mention, the kitchen is a mess with the water pooling the area. Chorong is going to have a back-ache and headache all the same time trying to clean the mess tomorrow.

Luhan already got himself cleaned up when Chorong was busy in the kitchen trying to save and clean anything she can in that time. The reason Luhan didn’t help was simply because Chorong didn’t allowed him to.

“Why don’t you get yourself clean first and I’ll try to fix something for us to eat.” said Luhan and Chorong couldn’t help but gave him the most skeptical look ever.

“Han, after what just happened, I just don’t trust you to be in the kitchen without my supervision.”

“I know. I know. But just count on me on this one. I promise, things would never get out of hand this time. Trust me.” The female just sighed and start to climb the stairs.

“Just call me if anything goes wrong okay?”

“Got it.”

“Just shout alright?”

“Yes.”

“Remember, if anything goes wrong-”

“I’ll shout for your help okay Rong? Now, just go up and clean yourself. I’ll call you down when dinner’s ready.”

Reluctantly, Chorong climbed the stairs and heads towards her bedroom to get herself cleaned. In only 5 minutes, Chorong was already dressed in her white frilly cute pajamas and her hair still damp since she made no time to blow dry them for the fact that she was too worried if in case Luhan would blew off the kitchen or the whole building just in an instant she was gone.

She was quite relieved when she descended the stairs to find that at least no damage was done at the living room and at least the sprinklers were not and there were no burning scent in the house. Chorong began to ease herself when she saw that everything is still in good condition.

“That was fast. You were too worried Rong. It is nearly impossible for me to blow up the whole house twice in one day. In five minutes even.” Luhan came out from the kitchen with 2 glasses in hand and a bottle of orange juice and then set them up on the table in front of the TV.

“I have no faith in you Luhan. You are never allowed in the kitchen without my supervision ever again.”

“Yes, ma’am. Now, just sit down and close your eyes for a sec.”

“Why?”

“For once, just do as I say without asking things would you?”

“I already did. Just now and look where that got us into.”

“Okay. Okay. I’m sorry. My fault. Please, just one more time please?”

“Oh, alright. Just make sure this won’t lead to another catastrophe again would you?”

“Sure. Don’t take a peek okay?” Chorong just nodded and Luhan went back to kitchen with a tray that carries their dinner for that night.

“I present to you, Luhan’s special noodle surprise! ” Chorong only laughed when she saw what the noodles surprise really was.

“Come on, taste it. I’ll guarantee you that it is flavorsome and delicious.” Chorong just did what Luhan told her to do with a smile on her face. Slurping Luhan’s noodle surprise with ease.

“So, what do you think? It was good wasn’t it?”

“Of course it is.”

“See. I’m not the worst cook ever right?”

“Han. It was just instant cup ramyun. What do you expect?” her words came out with bits of laughter and that manage to make Luhan smile too.

“Still, I cooked the water you know.”

“With a water heater. You have my respect for not destroying the home. Now that you have my review, just eat will you?”

“Feed me.” Chorong almost choke on her noodles when Luhan said that. Luhan instantly hand Chorong a glass of orange juice to Chorong when he saw that his wife was about to choke onto her food.

“Idiot.” That was the only word that Chorong said when she was better. Luhan just laughed it off.

“So, what was in the microwave back there anyway?”

“Steak and potatoes.”

“I doubt that you made it yourself right?”

“True. Eunji was the one who made it and the only thing that I had to do was just to reheat them in the microwave and apparently that didn’t happen.” The two then laughed when they recap what just happened in the apartment just an hour ago and here they are, sitting in the living room, eating cup ramyun with the kitchen still in a mess.

“Still, I have commend you for your efforts. Though I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed that the dinner didn’t go well as planned Han.”

“Me too. I was kinda hoping if the dinner went well then maybe…” when Luhan stopped on his sentences, Chorong looked over to Luhan who wriggled his eyebrows suggestively. Red tints began to color Chorong’s milky white cheeks.

“You ert!” Luhan laughed out loud at Chorong’s respond. Before they knew it, they both were laughing. The laughing gradually stopped with their faces being opposite of each other and just within a small distance from each other.

Both of their brains probably started to malfunction as they began to closing the gap as the seconds ticked by. Closer and closer.

Until two lips met each other in a soft and honest kiss. The kiss itself wasn’t based on lust. It was based on two hearts that had been longing for each other for quite a while. Two hearts that had been through quite several though challenges along the way.

The two hearts that are finally intertwined with each other due to the honest and loving kiss from two different being yet filled with love for each other. That night was the night that marks the true feelings of both Luhan and Chorong.

Maybe the dinner wasn’t disastrous dinner after all.

 


 

 

Hello there. –dewdrops here. Sorry for the long hiatus. I have no excuse to give you. I was just too lazy to write and also I also had writer’s block (that or the fact that I was too distracted by animes and games and a whole lot of other things) I know it had been a while and I am so sorry for that.

Thanks for my wonderful subbies who still subscribe to this fic even though the author is a lazy bump. I’ll try to update faster next time. Though I can’t promise anything. But I’ll try my best! Do comment on the chapter please. It will make a happy author. ^^

-dewdrops