Slapped

Meant To Be

Sunday. That means it is Chorong’s day off after a while. That Sunday too is pretty special than other days. It is the day where her parents will be going back home and that day too is the day where her engagement party was held. Despite the bride to be herself protested the idea of having an engagement party, both her mother and Luhan’s mother was eager of doing such thing which leads to Chorong giving up to their wishes and here she is, sitting right next to Luhan while trying to control her expressions that literally says that she is hating this moment.

All she want to do right now is go to her girls. That is way much better than sitting beside the jerk face. But just to make her parents and Luhan’s parents pleased, she bear it all. She has to admit that Luhan’s mother and father is super nice and that is probably the reason why Chorong didn’t want to let them down. Only if their son is much a better person like his parents, things won’t be as complicated at it is.

“Unnie!” her dark gloomy expression eventually lighten up when she saw her beloved girls. Even though all the formality thing and party is super boring and pointless, she is glad that she can still invite her closest friends for the party. Since she depart for the occasion much earlier to help the two mothers for setting up the preparations, she kept the girls reminded that they are needed at the party to accompany her since all 6 of them already knew what is going on with the newly engaged couple.

“Finally you girls are here. What took you so long?”

“It was all Bomi unnie’s fault. She made us change our outfits for several time since according to her, those clothes doesn’t fit the weather and the occasion.” Bomi glared at Namjoo and the younger one cowered behind Chorong leaving the oldest out of the seven girls laughed her hearts out. The girls never fail to put a smile on her face.

“Come on, let’s say Hi to my parents, Mr. and Mrs. Lu then you girls  can go and get something to eat.” the girls nodded as they followed Chorong heading towards her parents. After greeting Chorong’s parents, they went to the Lu couple who is currently surrounded by tons of boys. When her future parents-in-law saw Chorong heading their way, they made sure the boys made way for Chorong.

“I would like to introduce my friends.” Mr. and Mrs. Lu smiled seeing Chorong’s friends.

“You girls are so pretty. Thanks for coming and please enjoy yourself. And oh, before I forgot let me introduce you to Luhan’s friends. I’ll leave you kids to get to know each other.” the huge group bow towards Luhan’s parents as they went over to talk to some relatives of them.

Scanning each and every face that were standing there,  she recognized 3 of them that she often see everyday.

“Oh, Jumyeon-sshi, Sehunnie and Baek. What are you three doing here? Are you perhaps Luhan’s friends?”

The three dude also seems pretty surprised seeing Chorong standing in front of them.

“Unnie, you know him?”

“Hyung, you know her?” The quartet, Chorong, Sehun, Baekhyun and Suho exchanged glance with each other as they chuckled.

“Why won’t I know them. We met each other almost every single day. Girls, I would like to introduce you to Kim Jumyeon, he works in the neurological department. Byun Baekhyun, he is in E.R and Oh Sehun. And well, Sehun here works in the same department as me. Pediatric ward.” the three guys just nodded as they bowed their heads slightly as a greeting to the girls.

“Chorong-noona, you are here and Luhan-hyung’s parents seems to know you pretty well. Does that means that you are his fiancé?” although all she wanted to do right now is frown by that title, she manage to smile as the boys gave different reactions from each other. Suho, Baekhyun and Sehun seem like they couldn’t believe it. Kris, Tao and Chanyeol is judging her from head to toe D.O, Lay and Chen is smiling and whispering to each other and as for Kai and Xiumin is praising Chorong making the lady blushed.

“Wait, aren’t you Jung Eunji. The Broadway performer?” Baekhyun spoke out when he finally recognize the face that has been on several magazines cover for her great achievements in arts. Eunji smiled as she thanked Baekhyun for recognizing her.

“Woah. No way. Baekhyun and me are one of your fan. Your voice is really daebak.” Chanyeol who heard that cut it and Eunji awkwardly smile by the sudden attention. And that is not all.

“Oh Hayoung-sshi?”

“Kim Jongdae sunbaenim?” turns out Chen and Hayoung works in the same law firm and has a senior and junior relationship.

“Miss Hong. Never expect to see you here.”

“Same here for me Wu Yifan.” Yookyung and Kris too apparently are business partners.

Kai too recognized Naeun through her art work. Lay and Namjoo are colleges in the same art school. Bomi and Xiumin apparently have met each other quite a few times since Xiumin often buy his suit in Bomi’s boutique.

The world when you thought about it sometime  isn’t that much of a big place when it happens that you met the people that you have known all this while gathering in the same place. As they finished all the introduction and all, they began heading towards the buffet table. Chorong was about to dig in when her future-in-laws calls her from a distance motioning her to come to them.

She excused herself from the group that are filled with chatter with each other. Who knew her fellow colleges happens to be the friends of her fiancé? But she really couldn’t believe that the boys are friends with Luhan. The 11 boys are sweet and kind unlike someone she know.

Her mind that was filled with tons of thoughts came back to reality  when she found herself standing in front of the warm couple.

“Chorong-ah. Can you go and get Luhan? Some of the relatives are leaving and he has yet to greet them. He went to the parking place just now. Maybe you can find him there.” even if she is reluctant to do so, due to her respect towards the couple, she went out of the restaurant that has been rented for the whole night by the parents. Even when Chorong already told them not to do the thing to extravagant, yet they still did and the lady have no choice but to abide to the two parents decision.

 


 

She was heading straight to the parking lot while her head kept turning all over just to find where the heck Luhan is. After a while, she finally spot the red-head that was standing next to a BMW X6. And by the looks of it, he seems to be talking to someone. As she draw closer, she finally saw the person he is talking with. The girl is slightly higher than Chorong is, well that is probably thanks to her killer heels. With doll-like eyes, black shiny hair and a fair white skin. The girl is okay and that too is thanks to the tons of makeup she has put on beforehand.

“Do you have to do this? You promised to marry me.” Ouh, she probably must be the girl-friend of Luhan that he mentioned about last time. Lee Jooyi.

Although being super unsure about she was about to do, Chorong cleared and that certainly grabs the attention of the couple.

“Sorry to interrupt your conversation. I just want to say something. Luhan, your mother is looking for you. Then, I’ll be off.” just when Chorong was about to leave, a hand grab her from behind and soon a slap landed on her cheeks leaving the young woman surprise by the sudden action from Jooyi.

“So you are the that got yourself engage to my Oppa. Is that it?” usually when such things happen, Park Chorong isn’t one that would stay calm and quiet just like she is now. Usually she would possibly give the woman a slap too but since she too was surprise and unaware of the action, Chorong froze in her spot. Trying all her might not to let any tear escape.

“Jooyi. I think it is best for you to leave.”

“But Oppa-”

“Jooyi, please. If my parents see you here, we both will be in much bigger trouble. Please.” with a displease expression, yet Lee Jooyi obeyed Luhan’s words. She doesn’t want to be scold yet again by Mrs. Lu. Once is already enough and she doesn’t want her future-mother-in-law to dislike her even more.

“Alright Oppa. I’ll go. And you, don’t you ever think that you will get my Oppa’s heart. His heart only belongs to me. Someone like you doesn’t even deserve Luhan oppa.” the girl soon left after saying those words and she didn’t forget to drop a peck on Luhan’s cheeks before she took off.

After Jooyi left, Chorong too began to head back to the restaurant. Luhan grab her by the arm but Chorong was able to push Luhan’s hands off her.

“Don’t touch me.”

“Okay look. About what happened just now. Let’s just keep this as a secret between us. Will you?”

“I don’t believe this. Your freaky girlfriend just called me with a word that even I never said to anyone in my entire life. Plus, she slapped me too. And your first words are wanting me to keep all this as a secret? How ruthless and un-considerate can you be Luhan? If you are worrying about me telling this whole tale to your parents, then don’t worry because I won’t. Now, if we are finished here please do let go of my hand please.”

“I’m sorry.”

“That is all that you can say. You know, in my entire life I have never met someone that could break my heart every single time. And as for you Luhan, you broke it 3 times. 3 consecutive times. Thanks for that.” with that Chorong left. Luhan who was left at the parking lot can’t help but face-palmed himself for his stupid actions. Chorong is heart-broken and once again the cause of it is yet again Luhan.

Nice going Luhan. Nice going indeed.

 


 

Here is another update! The fic is getting depressed by the chapter. Sorry for that. Plus, sorry for the short and crappy and boring chapter. I'll do my best next time. Please leave comments and upvotes will be much loved!

-dewdrops