Affection

Meant To Be

“Delivery!” the female brunette jerked her head up when a knock at the door was heard along with a familiar voice shouting ‘Delivery!’ Chorong eyed the tall male in front of her with confusion etched on her facial expression. The younger male however brushed that look aside and head towards Chorong with a huge bouquet of flowers consists of Iris, Anemone and Tulips. Chorong’s favorite flowers to be exact.

“Sehun? What are you doing? Delivery?” Chorong looked at the younger male while titling her head towards the side.

“That’s right noona!” Chorong looked at the male with much confusion. Why would one be so pumped up for something as such? Chorong decided it was not worth it to ask the boy since knowing Sehun, the boy is filled with riddles when one asked him a question.

Chorong who figured that Sehun would just spill the beans later, she got back to the reports of the patients. Sehun who noticed the woman was no longer paying any attention to him only sighed before he decided to give up the whole thing. He knew that Chorong was no longer interested with his game.

“Okay, okay. I got it. Here, the flower is for you, Chorong-noona.” Chorong was staring the bouquet of flowers without a single clue. The flower is for… her?

“Sehun, for me? Really?”

“Perfectly right noona. It is for you and there was no pranks behind this what-so-ever!” obviously Sehun knew that Chorong won’t believe his words decided to just give the woman the flowers after all. He had tons of works that he needed to take care of anyway and he knew a certain superior by the name of Kim Jumyeon won’t be happy seeing him slacking off and disturbing Chorong at that.

“I have to go then noona. Hopefully you’ll be  smiling when you read the card that was attached to the bouquet.” Sehun can’t help but teased Chorong before he got up from the chair and was heading towards the door but before he was about to get out, Chorong’ voice stopped him half-way.

“You know Sehun, Hayoung listens to everything that I said to her plus she trust every single thing of my judgment. So, do behave if you ever want that crush of you on her to get onto the next level.”

“Noona!” Chorong grinned evilly while Sehun who feared the look that flashed through Chorong’s eyes decided to slip out of the room as soon as possible before his only chance to get close to Oh Hayoung got destroyed before his own eyes. As sweet Chorong is, Sehun knew better not to mess with the woman. Chorong can be scary whenever she wants to.

The second Sehun left her room, Chorong’s attention was directed back to the bouquet. Noticing the small card that attached to it, she started to read the message written on it.

Chorong! Its your husband here! Like the flowers? I picked it up all by myself you know (well, maybe with a little help from the florist though) Fell for me yet? XD . See you at home tonight okay?

-Hubby on a mission, Luhan

A slight chuckle escaped from Chorong when she finished reading the card. The incidents that happened last night began to unfold in her mind.


 

Flashback

Chorong pulled herself away from Luhan a few moments after the sudden kiss from Luhan. Her cheeks tainted red and her mind was blank. What just happened?

Luhan who was just shocked as Chorong was stood there though his expression differed from Chorong. His expression indicated pride, relief and satisfaction.

“Lu-Luhan. What did you- I mean, why did you-, no its just- huh?” Chorong on the other hand doesn’t look or felt cool, calm and collected as Luhan was. The woman was a bit baffled and confused with whatever that happened just then.

“I love you Park Chorong. I am not just saying this. I’m speaking up the true contents of my heart when I said this. I love you, from the second I began to spend time with you. I began to have feelings for you, the Chorong that I know that was un-pretentious, loving, sweet, sarcastic kind of person the one that I came to love whole-heartedly.”

“Luhan, we are both tired tonight. Maybe your head is just spinning and is producing nonsensical words that even you didn’t realize it. Do you need help getting back to your room? I can assist you if you’d like.” Chorong on the other hand however doesn’t look shaken by the words of confession from Luhan, instead, she looked rather grim for someone who just received a confession. Her tone was a bit stoic than usual.

“Chorong, I mean it. Not because I’m tired or anything. I meant that with all of my heart.”

“Han, I know Luyi cheated on you and you found about it. I know that you are depressed by what just happened. But there is nothing that will be the outcome by lying to your-self about things that comes in terms with feelings. Please, I think you ought to get some rest.” Chorong was about to fled away before Luhan stopped her mid-way.

“What do you mean?”

Luhan could see the desolation that flashed in Chorong’s orbs. Her beautiful orbs that usually sparkle with life were grim.

“I know that you were disappointed and devastated with what happened but I think you are being too hasty here. The words of ‘I love you’ are not things that can be played around. Those things worth a lot and one need to really understand their own feelings before one could express those words out loud. Don’t just said them out of anger or pride.”

“BUT I AM BEING SERIOUS HERE PARK CHORONG! JUST HOW CAN I REALLY SHOW IT TO YOU THAT I REALLY MEANT WHAT I’VE SAID JUST NOW?” Luhan who couldn’t hold back anymore just burst in anger and Chorong too was indeed surprised by Luhan’s sudden outburst.

“I mean it Park Chorong. I love you. Why won’t you believe me?” Chorong then chose to remain silent leaving Luhan sighed out loud. It’s not that she didn’t want to take Luhan’s words seriously but her heart was not ready for any disappointments in the future.

“I am not ready to get my heart broken the second I decided to give it away. I am just not ready for that.” Those simple remarks left Luhan speechless. The two were left to their own thought for quite some time.

“What if I can prove to you that I am indeed serious with what I have said, will you believe me then?”

“Luhan-”

“Say no more. Then it’s decided then, I’ll make you fall in love for me even if that’s the last thing that I’ll ever do.”

“Luhan I don’t think-”

“I’m not changing my mind Chorong. Like it or hate it, you’ll just have to live with it. My seduction that is.” A large smile was carved onto Luhan’s face when he said that along with determination flashed in his eyes.

“So, prepare yourself.” Said Luhan as his face began to inch closer to Chorong’s. Chorong on the other hand didn’t know what to do at that particular moment. Seeing the nervous dolphin, the deer finally grinned. He kissed Chorong’s forehead before he forfeit from the shivering dolphin

“Don’t worry, I won’t force you to do things that you hate. Though, you need to exclude the kiss. It was a 100% based on reflex.” Again, Chorong couldn’t help but blush again and tainting her cheeks red.

End of flashback


 

 

After that night, Luhan had been doing almost every romantic gesture that even Romeo would beg for the man to give him lessons. Breakfast in bed, romantic text messages, you name it, he done it. Even Chorong can’t help but laugh with all tricks that Luhan had been trying to pull. Geez, the man surely meant business when he said so last time.


 

It was seriously a tiring day for Chorong. With the amounts of medical assistants running on low, she had more works on her hand. The brunette made her way towards her car when a few familiar figures were waving at her.

“What are you girls doing here?” Bomi, Eunji, Naeun, Yookyoung, Namjoo and Hayoung all six of them stood there with a grin all pasted onto each and everyone there.

“Not time to explain unnie. We need to get you ready.” the maknae however didn’t provide additional information for her unnie as both her and Namjoo dragged her towards her car while the others followed suit in their own cars. Naeun, Yookyoung and Bomi ride together while the other 4 rode in Chorong’s car with Eunji being the chauffeur.

“Wait, where are we going exactly?”

“We are going to Bomi’s haven in order to make you look stunning for your date tonight. ”

“Wait, date? What date? Kim Namjoo! Oh Hayoung! Jung Eunji!”

“Sorry, wouldn’t want to destroy the surprise!”

In the end Chorong just let herself being dolled up by the girls. Since knowing their nature, the girls are hard-headed and they won’t leek the secret if they want to.


 

And here she stood in front of her own house. Well, Luhan’s loft to be exact. Now we all know who planned all of these. Chorong took one last look at herself. Pale pink knee-length dress and her hair was slightly braided, making her stunning and innocent at the same time. She inhaled one last time before ringing the doorbell.

It took quite a while before Luhan open the door and he too was looking dashing in his black tux.

“Welcome, my lady to our date.”


 

Their date is next..^^ Sorry for the short chapter and the slow update though.. ^^