House-warming Party

Meant To Be

 


“I just don’t get it unnie. He just took off like that? Even when his wife is struggling with the groceries? Wow, he is a bigger jerk than I thought he was. That kind of guy need a beating or two from me once in a while for doing such things to my unnie.”

“Its nothing Eunji-yah. It’s not like he was doing anything wrong. We both made an agreement not to meddle with each of our life. Besides, it is a good thing for him that Lee Jooyi listened to his explanation about the relationship between me and him or for the meantime, he won’t even bother talking to me if he can’t get his girlfriend  to forgive him.”

Hayoung and Yookyung who was busy unpacking Chorong’s things and arranging them neatly in the closet in her room seems unbothered by their unnie’s conversation as they continued to do their work.

Naeun and Namjoo on the other hand was setting up the dining table that seem can fit from 7 to 8 person. In other words, it is one huge dining table. Bomi being the un-wanted person in the kitchen was just inhaling the snacks while her eyes fixed on the flat-screen TV.

“Geez. Bomi-unnie. You could at least lend a helping hand than just sit around doing nothing that can help any of us!”

“Namjoo-ah. I am the unwanted party remember? When I went to the kitchen, both Chorong unnie and Eunji told me to stay out of the kitchen. Hayoung and Yookyung are already half of being finish unpacking things up. You and Naeun on the other hand are only setting up the table. Look, you two are finished with that already. So, for not being a bother, I decided to sit out and just do things I do best. That would be nothing.” that certainly deserves a hard smack from Chorong and that is exactly what Yoon Bomi got for herself.

“You idiot. The only reason we don’t want you in the kitchen was because you’ll end up eating then whole thing before the dish is even finished. As for the other things, you are just lazy Yoon Bomi. So, don’t even dare to make such nonsense excuses.”

“Unnie, that hurts.”

“Well, you were the one who sorta asked for it Bomi-unnie.”                                                                                    

“Naeunnie. You too. I am disappointed in you my sweet Naeun. None of you have any compassion for me anymore. Its better for me to disappear from this world. Goodbye my beloved sisters.”

“Oh dear. Stop with the whole drama thing Bbom. Lunch is ready and the table is already set up. Come on girls, let’s eat!” as on cue, Bomi rise from the comfy sofa leading the way towards the table while the other girls were right on her tail. Well, they are not your average girl though. At the sudden mention of food and meals, these girls do go beserk.

“But seriously unnie, don’t you have any kind of disappointment or anger at all by his actions? I know I will if I am in your position.”

“I don’t really know Yookyung-ah. For me, this marriage seems like a charade. A game. One that bring an outcome one way or the other. For one there would be a winner and for the other, might be the loser. But as for moment, I really felt like I am the loser right now. Being not able to do anything or even feel anything towards the man that is my husband. I don’t know why but it doesn’t really bug me.”

“You cannot be serious here Rong-unnie. There is no possible way that you felt nothing about this whole reck.”

“Maybe you are right maknae. Maybe its impossible that I felt nothing because I do. Once in a while, there would be a prickled sensation right deep within me. Honestly, I have no idea what it is. Thus, I can’ really say anything for sure here.”

The girls only look at their unnie with such perplexed expression. Most woman would naturally raid a rampage if their husband ends up with an another woman especially when they did it in front of their wives. Yet, Chorong here didn’t even show the slightest reaction to the bizarre things that is happening to her life.

Seriously, it is worrisome. But then again, the girls have no rights to get involved in the matter. They might have Chorong’s back whenever and wherever but they can never intrude in something that even their unnie are unwilling to let them to cross the line. So, for now they have no choice to just sit back and only give the lady some motivational boost and some sisterly support. Those are the only things that they are able to do right now.

“But unnie, didn’t you think of having a house-warming party?”

“Kim Namjoo. This house isn’t mine in the first place. Plus, it is not like this is a new house.” with stuffed with meat, Chorong looked at Namjoo skeptically.

“But unnie-”

“There is no way to put it Namjoo-yah. How can I possibly do something like that in a place that I do not own? I just moved in here today. You can’t expect me to make this place as my own.”

“Why not unnie? It is your husband’s house. So one way or the other, practically this place is partly yours too. Isn’t that so?” the rest seems to agree to what the maknae, Oh Hayoung said.

“I wish it was as simple as that Hayoung-ah. Too bad it isn’t.” by the sight of Chorong’s face darkens and her voice pitch began to lower than usual, the girls began to drop the subject  and switch to another. All 7 of them knew that their unnie’s marriage. Her marriage is not something that most people endure. Seeing her to go through all that without even showing her true feelings is something that most woman never did imagine will do if such thing happens to them.

 


 

Luhan really have no idea what has gotten into him. Usually when he is out with his beloved Jooyi, his mind never travel elsewhere. Before he got married to Chorong, the only thing that would occur in his mind the whole time is probably Jooyi, Jooyi and more Jooyi.

But as for now, he certainly have no idea why his mind often went away to some Lala-land even when he is with Jooyi. Just as the situation is right now. Jooyi was talking non-stop all about her stressful work, her runway in Singapore last week and also some cute and adorable outfits in the store that they have visited. Unfortunately for Jooyi here, it seems like Luhan have no idea  what she was talking about or he doesn’t seem to care about what his girl-friend is talking about.

“Oppa. Luhan-oppa! Do you hear me? Oppa!”

“Oh. What?”

Seeing that her boyfriend doesn’t seem to care about her talking her energy out, Jooyi pouted.

“This is so not like you oppa. I can’t believe this. I have been talking all about me all this time yet you don’t even hear anything I have said just now.”

“Sorry Jooyi. I was just tired. You know, all those with wedding things. Those traditions needs really drained the energy out of me.” somehow that manage to make Jooyi feel secure.

“Poor Oppa. Then, if that is the case, I’ll forgive you for not listening what I have said. But as a punishment, you need to buy that cute necklace we saw earlier. Deal?” Luhan just nodded while Jooyi seem she is super happy about it.

Seriously Luhan doesn’t know what has gotten into him. Usually he would never ignore anything that Jooyi said. But as for now, he felt all of this are pointless and boring. Unlike the times that he spend with Chorong, this is far too boring.

He never noticed before but the talk about fashion and what-not really bores him to death. Before, he would just smile and just nod to what Jooyi said even when he cares nothing about it. As long as he can spend time with Jooyi but not it is the direct opposite. He felt that all of this are pointless and super boring.

He can’t help but compare the difference between when he was with Jooyi and when he is with Chorong. With Jooyi, of course he is happy but then again some part of him that says all of this is boring. When he is with Chorong, everything that they talked about is only things that matter and things that interest him. Things like soccer, sports are the subjects that they often talk about when they are together and those were the things that are so amusing about Chorong. She seems to know the things that can attract his attention. Her sarcastic tone whenever they talk, her sporty and spunky style. Her get-going attitude. Oh god, why is he even thinking about Chorong right now? Something is terribly wrong with Luhan right now and he himself knows it.

 


 

“A house-warming party?” Chorong’s head shot up when the sudden mention of the topic was brought up by Luhan after dinner. Luhan was on the couch, helping himself with the cheesecake that Chorong made for desert while the lady was just done with her work in the kitchen doing the dishes that is.

“Yeah. So, what do you think?”

“Well, I have no trouble with it. But why all of the sudden? Its not like you just moved in here.”

“No reason. Yeah, I moved in here a long-time ago. But you just did yesterday. So why not?

“Fine with me. When are you thinking of holding it?”

“Emm. Tomorrow? Is that okay with you? We’ll just invite some close friends. The girls and all the boys will be enough. Nothing big just a small yet exciting party. How’s that?”

“I seriously have no problem with it. Then, get ready to go then.”

“Where?”

“The supermarket. There won’t be enough ingredients to cook for all of them.”

“Seriously, how much can you girls eat anyway?”

“You might be surprise. Now come on!” Luhan chuckled as Chorong was changing her clothes to a much appropriate one while thinking up some dishes for tomorrow.

 

 


 

It is finally 8 p.m. and all the invited guests are already there. Well, the guests are only 6 of Chorong’s lovely dongsaengs and Luhan’s friends and dongsaengs. Then, having a total 0f 19 people in the same penthouse at one time can certainly be a bit crowded it is a good thing that Luhan’s penthouse is just big enough to fit all of them.

Most of them are practically inhaling the foods that have been prepared by Chorong beforehand some are talking about work and stuff. While Chorong is busy running between the kitchen and the living room to fill the banquet table that kept running out of food. Seriously, these kids eats a lot!

“Seriously Chorong-ah, just take a break.” shifting her gaze towards Luhan that was leaning across the fridge.

“Yeah right. Food will run out if I am not here to manage things.”

“That’s okay unnie. I can take over from here.”

“See, even Eunji said you need some time out. Just go  have fun Rong. Your sisters are going to kill me if they think I am the one that cause their unnie to be out of energy from running around the house.” Chorong smiled to both Luhan and Eunji. She mouthed a thank you to Eunji to took the responsibility of catering from her for the moment being.

“Thanks Han.” Luhan nodded as his eyes trailed Chorong’s steps that was heading towards the balcony. Eunji on the other hand had a unreadable expression on her face.

“What?” Eunji chuckled when Luhan finally realized that Eunji was smiling from ear to ear.

“Nothing. But with the new nickname. Han and Rong. Cute. Take good care of my sis brother-in-law!” before Luhan could even respond to that, the prankster took off leaving Luhan chuckling to himself.

 


 

The cold night breeze passed through her skin leaving the lady herself shivering because of it. She almost jolted when a sudden presence stood next to her handing her a glass of cool punch. She turned to her left only to see a familiar guy smiling at her. She took the glass of punch and began sipping it.

“So, how’s the married life?”

“Nothing special really. Everything is good and fine. Luhan and me get along fine and for the moment, things are pretty okay. Why do you ask Jumyeon?”

“Yah! I told you to call me Suho. Jumyeon sound like some a gramps.” Chorong chuckled as her collegue seems pretty unsatisfied with her calling his real name.

“It is your real name Jumyeon-ah. I can’t believe that you dislike it so much until you have to change it to Suho. I like your real name better Jumyeon-ah.”

“I told you, stop calling me by that name!” his threats doesn’t seem to be getting to Chorong since the young lady was laughing to her hearts content.

 


 

His heart felt a sudden pang. He cannot point out what it meant but it certainly hurts. It hurts so much. Never once in his even lifetime he has ever felt such. The sounds of laughter and joy that is being emitted by Chorong when she was talking to Suho is painful. Why? He can’t point that out. He himself is confused by that. Why does this is happening to him?

As for now, Luhan does not know why he is feeling such things. It doesn’t make any sense. Seeing the girl that he just knew talking to his dongsaeng is a sight that troubles both him and also his heart.

“Luhan. What had gotten into you?” as for now, that question. Even Luhan himself have yet to discover the answer.

 


 

Sorry if the chapter is a bit confusing. I would've updated faster but I was too immersed with Pandora Hearts. I am just at the 20th episode. Can't help it. I fell for Gilbert, Break, Oz, Jack and a lot more! Alice is cute and so is Sharon! XD. (Forgive the author for her Otaku-session). Yeah, I am watching Pandora Hearts as for right now. For those who never heard of it, I recommend you to watch the anime for yourself! It is sorta a mix of Alice in Wonderland and Tsubasa Chronicles. I am hooked!

Okay, tomorrow is the KBS Gayo Daejun! Apink and EXO! I seriously can't wait but as for now, back to the anime! XD

Please do comment and upvotes.. ^^

-dewdrops