Unexpected

Meant To Be

“Yah! Lee Jooyi! Get me some sweets. I’m craving for something sweet right now.” that was the first thing that Chorong said when Jooyi stepped into the room and the latter could not believe her ears. This woman in front of her must be out of her mind. She had been kept prisoner here for almost 3 days in a row. Hell, Jooyi carved her right arm with a pocket knife and the wound was left untreated for days before it got the proper treatment it needed. And still the woman is acting as if the both of them are on friendly terms? Park Chorong must have gone mental due to being stuck in that dump for so long.

“Are you nuts? Since when are we on speaking terms? Did the drugs got you all funny in the head Park Chorong?” asked Jooyi and Chorong could not help but to snicker before she answered.

“You know you like me. Don’t even try to deny it. I can see from your eyes. And besides, I’m pregnant. Craving for sweet things is like the number one rule of being pregnant.”

Jooyi rolled her eyes as she dug into the pocket of her jeans and took out a lemon drop. “You just have to make do with this.” she said as she threw it over for Chorong to catch.

And yes, if you are still wondering, ever since the incident in which Chorong helped with the matter of Sooyeon down with a fever, Jooyi never bounded her to a rope ever again.

“Cheapskate. But I’ll take it.” popping the candy into , her face scrunched up a bit by the hit of the sour taste of the candy before the sweetness takes over. “Where’s Sooyoen?”

“Sleeping, just gave her another dose and she is sound asleep.”

“Why did you left her alone knucklehead?”

“Because I’ll be going back to her side soon enough. Come on.”

“Oh.” disappointment flashed through Chorong’s eyes before her head was even able to process what Jooyi had just said. And when she did, she was well surprised. “Wait, did you just told me to follow you?”

“Well, unless you’d prefer to be all alone and being stuck in this dusty place, then I can’t really force you.” it didn’t took long enough for Chorong to get up from the chair and rushed to Jooyi’s side.

“Are you kidding me? No way I am going to pass up the invite.”


 

“We want to go.”

“No.”

“But-”

“Please just listen to me this time Nana. Even if I know how worried you all are, there is no way I can take any of you there. We don’t know what the situation is there. It is not safe. So final answer is no.”

“But Ryu, we can’t just sit here and do nothing!”

“Naa-chan, he’s right. We’ll just be another set of problem if we come along. Let the police do their job and I am pretty sure by sundown, Chorong-unnie will be with us, safe and secured.”

“Bomi is right Naa-chan. We can’t possibly expect them to set aside a portion of their task force just to keep an eye on us when the main priority is getting Chorong back safe and sound. We’ll just be a setback. Let them do their job.” Maiyan has never taken a strong stance nor she ever firmly voiced out her opinions but this time everyone could hear her loud and clear. And it is evident that Maiyan is demanding them all to listen to her and she is not allowing anyone to say no to her. Besides, she is right. The girls, especially Naa-chan can’t possibly say not to that demand.

Ryusuke smiled as his girlfriend is finally taking the idea even if it was demanded from her by the older female.

“Be safe ok?”

“Always will.” Yamada Ryusuke and his team is already ready in their get up to go yet they are still waiting for Lu Han who is still getting into his get up.

“You sure you want to do this hyung?” asked Tao who personally volunteered to go too since he is involved in this line of work.

“She’s my wife Zitao. I can’t just sit out of this.”

“Alright then, just remember, try not to get yourself killed if possible. Pretty sure the last thing we all need is a funeral for you.” said Tao as he handed a gun to Lu Han. Lu Han nodded as he stared at the deadly weapon that was placed in his hands. Now is probably the time where he is thankful for having a firearms license though he just hoped that skill of his doesn’t need to be put into use today.


 

“She looks peaceful when she’s asleep. Unlike when she is awake…” said Chorong and Jooyi snickered at the comment.

“Looking at her right now, just makes me wonder whether I’m a terrible mother.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, you are a great mother. Well, minus the part where you brought her here along with you but then again you clearly was not in your right mind when you did. But looking back to the time you were frantic about her down with a fever just proves that you are indeed a good mother. Which brings me to the question, well pardon me for asking and feel free to not give an answer because I am pretty sure that there are a huge possibility of you choosing not to-”

“Have anyone told you that you ramble a lot of insignificant things? Just go straight to the point Park Chorong.” Jooyi said as she rolled her eyes due to Chorong’s excessive rambling.

“Okay. Who’s Sooyeon’s father?” it is something that Chorong had predicted to happen as not a single words came out of Jooyi’s lips. She knew that she definitely had blew all chances of the two being good friends and she is pretty sure she is going to be sent back to that filthy room with ropes binding her whole body as it did a few moments before.

Though the next thing that happened was seriously beyond Chorong’ imagination.

“He’s someone that I met at the clubs when it was still not splits-ville between me and Lu Han. He was so charming. So charismatic and a smooth talker. But importantly, he has the money to acquire the things that I wanted. I was smitten by his personality and more importantly, his wealth. He is nothing like Lu Han though. That guy only request for me was only that there would be no commitment between the two of us. His words are ‘No strings attached but no hearts attached either’ but maybe because he was so similar to me, I was attracted to him. That’s the reason why I spend less time with your husband during that period of time. I was with him. Then had gone sideways and the next thing I know, I found myself pregnant. Mind you this is the time where me and Lu Han was already over. When I went to that person, the one thing that he told me straightforward is that he didn’t want it and I should get rid of it.” Jooyi paused as she took some time to recollect herself.

“And to be quite honest, I was considering that. But then again, when I went to see the doctor, she said the pregnancy is probably my last chance to ever have a child ever plus the risk of removing the foetus from me might cause me my own life. So I decided to just give it up for adoption when the time comes. But you should have taken a look at Sooyeon on the day that she was born. She was glorious. And the second she opened her eyes, my world just crumbled. She has my eyes you know?”

Chorong also nodded, taking note of the fact that the little one does inherits the glorious hue of honey that was passed down from her mother.

“I decided not to give her up and keep her with me. I just don’t want her to lead her life the same way I did. I just don’t want her to go through the same suffering I did. The life that I had is nothing close of what I want for her. She needs a better life and at that time, Lu Han was my only option. And besides, I hate you.”

“Oh well, I am so fabulous that everyone seems to hate my guts.” the two stared at each other before they both broke down into laughter.

“But seriously, I’m sorry for how y I was.”

“We all have our y moments don’t we all? As for my y moment, it is probably when I upped and left Korea.”

“You really took things to a drastic turn.”

“Don’t I ever!”

“Its just… I want the best for Sooyeon.”

“Every mother wants the best for their children Jooyi. I can’t say that I fully blame you.”

“Really?”

“Yup, the one to be blame is that jerk that left you hanging. If I ever find out who he is, he would wish that he would never be born. Period.” amused by Chorong’s fiery spirit, Jooyi shook her head. What was she thinking when she decided to do harm to this woman? Despite all that she had done, the female in front of her still finds the heart to forgive her.

“Come on, it is probably time for me to get you back to those people. Last time I check, all of them are going bonkers with you missing.” Jooyi dusted off the dust of the back of her jeans as she got up. When she was finished, she helped the pregnant woman to get back on her feet.

“Should we now?” rolling her eyes in annoyance Jooyi chose to zip as she picked up Sooyeon and with a nod, she gestured Chorong to follow her out of the door.


 

When they finally reached the abandoned shack, everyone who was in the van quickly made a move to the it but before long, the front door opened revealing the two women with Sooyeon in Jooyi’s hands. The surprising thing is the both of them are smiling. And though Chorong’s right arm is wrapped in dressing, that does not take the attention away from the two women who seems friendly with each other.

Both Jooyi and Chorong were indeed surprised to see all those men in front of them with their guns pointed at them. It was literally a moment of pure silence as both parties were just to perplexed to say even  a word.

“Alright. Alright. Guns down. No threats here. Can everyone just calm their heads down. Sheesh. And how come it took you guys this long to finally found me. Uurgrgh. You people are useless.” Immediately when Chorong snapped out of the perplexed state, she launches to her nagging state.

“Rong!” the voice that she had been missing for quite some time almost made Chorong to tear up but she reminded herself that it is not the time nor the place for that.

“I’m fine. We’re fine. Okay, put all of your guns down. Yamada Ryusuke, listen to me and tell your people to put their weapons down will you? Or it I’ll make sure you and Naa-chan will never ever be together as long as I breathe you hear me?”

Ryusuke can’t help but rolled his eyes and sighed in exhaustion. “Yup, she’s fine alright. Guns down boys.”

Things was just about to be perfect but none of them expected a gun to be fired then and there. The bullet pierced through the target’s skin as her body sink down to the ground. Lu Han was in disbelief. Tao was just surprised at the sudden bullet that had been shot. Ryusuke on the other hand was still able to have a grasp of himself as he spot the shooter 2 miles away from where they all stood. With a number of his man, they ran to pursue the perpetrator.

“Call a bus! What the hell are you waiting for?” Lu Han was too stunned to do anything and so was Tao. Luckily another officer quickly pulled out his cell and dialled 911.

Sooyeon’s cry was the only thing that accompanied the woman’s desperate attempt to do anything in her power to try to save the figure that lays flat on the ground.

 


THE END

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Nah, I was kidding