Let's Just Hope This Works

Meant To Be

“Alright unnie, take care. Love you.” as soon as she hung up, about 15 pair of eyes are directed to her, waiting for her to tell them what had happened.

“So… what did she said?” Namjoo rolled her eyes at the question from Tao.

“Is it even possible for you people to give me some space and stop looking at me as if you want to murder me on the spot?”

“No.” chorused all 15 of them and honestly if the restaurant was open for business, customers would flip their heads in the group’s direction due to how disturbingly loud they all are. It’s a good thing Kyungsoo decided to wrap things up early that day in order to make space for the huge group discussion.

“Come on Namjoo, we don’t have all day.”

“Well, technically Lay-oppa… the sun is already out and pretty sure-”

“Okay stop! This conversation is taking a different route and honestly it’s killing me by the second. Can we get back to the main objective of this meeting in the first place?” annoyed to the fact that the group is about to stray off-topic and afraid of the possibility that it may drag on and became more of the useless and senseless argument, Kris stopped the two of them.

“Kris-hyung is right. Get back to the real topic.” Chen too agreed to the idea and the rest nodded as they looked back at Namjoo, waiting for her to tell them everything. Realising the attention now is on her, Namjoo inhaled deeply in order to stock up all the oxygen that she may need because this is long story.

“So, Chorong unnie said that she is doing fine and so are the ones inside her tummy.” Namjoo stopped at to smile at the thought of the yet-to-be-born nieces or nephews or better yet both, that is due is less than a month from now. “And everything is fine and all but when I asked about us paying her a visit there, she strictly said no. She’s afraid that if we do give her a visit there, Lu Han-oppa might know where she is and that is the last thing she wants.”  

Silence surrounds the whole table then. It was Chanyeol who broke through the silence and voiced out the question that a huge percentage of them have on their mind. “So, who is going to tell her that Lu Han-hyung already knows?”

“It’s not our place to tell Yeol-ah.” apparently the rest of them shares the same thought as Baekhyun too. The girls really want to see Chorong but Chorong who is apparently completely oblivious to the fact that her husband already knows where she is at is insistent that the girls should never go to where she is due to the fact that she is afraid that Lu Han would know.  Well, to put it simply… what the boys and the girls are in is just super complicated.

“My brain is going to blow any second thanks to this.” muttered Sehun and almost all of them nodded in agreement to Sehun’s statement.

“I think it would probably be best if we look at our other options to fix their relationship because as for now, it’s just… puzzling.”

“Agreed.”

“Well, if you think about it, isn’t it best if we look at the root of the problem in the first place? Because if you ask me, there is something not right with that fox.” said Eunji and it goes without saying that the fox that she is referring to is none other than the source of the separation between Lu Han and Park Chorong ; Lee Jooyi.

“Now that you’ve mentioned it Eunji, is it just me or does anyone else feels like there is something wrong somewhere about that woman’s allegations?”

“Yeah. Of course we have our suspicions Kyungsoo, but the DNA proves that little Sooyeon is Lu Han’s. DNA does not and cannot lie.”

“Hayoung’s got a point. True, DNA does not lie, but human does.”

“Suho-sshi… are you probably suggesting… that Jooyi probably tampered with the DNA test?”

“Yes, Bomi-sshi. Just think, if Sooyeon is really Lu Han-hyung’s kid, why the hell did she wait until she gave birth to her daughter before coming front to Lu Han?”

“But Suho-oppa… maybe she was just not sure that Sooyeon is not Lu Han’s during the pregnancy? We all know that she can be such an S word.”

“No, Naeun-ah. Suho hyung is right. Even if she wasn’t sure but she can always come forward while she was pregnant. DNA test is possible to be executed onto a fetus.” Sehun interjected as the gears in his head began to click.

“I’ve heard about that once. So basically what you guys are trying to say is that the DNA test that they had earlier might be tampered with?” asked Yookyung to which Suho nodded.

“Then it could only mean one thing and one thing only.” said Kai as he and the rest shared the same look in their eyes. It was Suho who made the final call.

“We are going to re-do the DNA test.”


 

“Lu Han, we need to start discussing about our wedding preparations!”

“Jooyi, not now. It is still office hours, why are you here?”

“I won’t be here if only you come and see me when I asked to meet up! I don’t care if it’s your freaking office hours! You had been avoiding me long enough Lu Han. I need you to man up and take responsibility over what you yourself had done. Remember, it was you who had brought this down onto yourself. Don’t even think of getting away from this.”  Lu Han pressed his fingers to his forehead in exhaustion. The workload is already getting out of hand, the issues with Chorong is still on his mind and now this. A human can only take so much stress for one day.

“Okay, fine. What do you want to talk about? I am all ears.” he said that but anyone could see that he didn’t mean his what he had said even the slightest.

“I need you to go along with me for the dress fitting, cake tasting and checking the venue. Tomorrow.”

“Why would you want to that? Can’t you just let the planners do their jobs without being interfered?” exhausted and dejected, Lu Han is already getting sick of the conversation.

“It is still my wedding and I won’t accept anything that is not to my preference or standards.” probably finally noticing Lu Han’s mood and expression, Jooyi snickered. “You should stop feeling dejected over that useless woman. She left you for over what… almost 5 months. That kind of woman is the type of woman that you should get away from. My best advice to you is just divorce her would you?” and the comment just made Lu Han snapped.

“Don’t talk badly of my wife! You have no right to do so!”

“Considering the fact that I am going to be one too, I feel that I do have the right Lu Han. And I won’t take back what I have said, that woman got what she deserved in the first place. It’s true what they say. What goes around, comes around. That should pay for what she had done to me.” Listening to Jooyi was hard enough but when he heard his wife being called with that word, just sets things off. His right hand went straight for Jooyi’s cheek before he even realised it.

“Never. Never talk about my wife that way.”

Jooyi apparently seemed quite surprised of the burning sensation that she felt in her right cheek where Lu Han had just slapped her with all his might. Tears of pain began to form as she shook in anger. “She left you Lu Han! She hated you and mark my words, the two of you will never get back together. Not on my watch Lu Han!” grabbing her purse, she dashed out of the office room.

Lu Han brushed his hands over his face in frustration. He is never the type that raises his voice of his hands over the opposite . That was the first time he ever did that. It was purely on impulse. Hearing his wife being called with that unflattering word just made him loose his senses and he just snapped. And in all honesty, he did not regret slapping Jooyi for one bit.

It was a while before he realised that the rest of the staff were actually watching what had just happened. Feeling completely out of mood and energy, he grabbed his coat and briefcase and walked to his secretary.

“Cancel all the meetings and other plans that I have for today and schedule them for another time.” Jooyeon nodded as she took note of her employee’s orders. Knowing well that she should not pry further, she got back to her work as Lu Han made his way to the elevator.

When he was out of sight, it was hectic, the other staff were whispering to each other and some even had the nerve to come to Jooyeon in hopes that she would spill some gossip. Jooyeon sighed as she glared at them all one by one. Slowly they retracted back to their sits, trying to focus on their work. While Jooyeon, sighed again. Feeling quite sorry for her boss.


 

“Just trust us hyung.”

“It’s not that I don’t trust you. But there is nothing that you can do about it. The test came out in perfect 98.9% match.”

“Don’t ask more questions and just do what we told you too. Just do it will you hyung?” Lu Han sighed as he looked at Sehun and Hayoung who looked so determined and not to mention, very insistent on it. Even when Lu Han himself has no idea where the two are going with this, he nodded ad he gave them his approval.

“Alright.” Sehun and Hayoung looked at each other in triumph. And for now, they just to wait for Lu Han to get Sooyeon’s DNA sample and things will go as planned. They just hope things will turn out the way that they all hoped for.


 A/N : I'm here! Sorry for being late! So there are 2 good news for you all. 
1. Don't worry, this fic is going to end soon
2. And I'll be sure to update faster!

First and foremost, thanks for those who wished me luck for my UPU. And Thank God that I got my first choice! I am just so excited that I can take a degree in something that I personally love and cherish! I am just at lost for words. Anyway enjoy! I'll see you guys tomorrow (maybe?) And yes, I am a troll, I know.