A Tinge of Hope

Meant To Be

“Do everything in your ability to find some kind of lead where they might be. Got it?” said Lu Han to the men in suits who nodded before they went out of sight, Eunji eyed the men warily and though she is intrigued to ask Lu Han who they are, thinking things through, the young Broadway starlet decide against that. She really does not need to know who those people are. The main thing is they are going to expedite the process of finding Chorong and that is basically everything that needed to have in mind.

Though she does not know the woman personally, it is still quite a surprise to see that she was the perpetrator of all this. It is just not in the nature of a woman named Jung Eunji to only see the bad side of people without hearing their side of the story. It’s just something is nagging to her gut saying probably the reason for why Lee Jooyi is doing all this may have something to do with her past. Then again, Eunji never even had a proper conversation with the woman… so she might be wrong.

She looked over from Tao who was having a discussion with one of the Japanese task force with Bomi by his side, translating the words so that the male of Chinese descendancy can understand what the other man was actually saying. Then she move over to Naeun who is talking about something that Eunji can’t actually grasp with her hearing. That and also the fact that the younger female was talking way too fast and way too fluent in Japanese and to be quite frank, out of the 7 girls who took up the language as an elective, Jung Eunji is the worst one out of them. Deciding it is nearly impossible for her to understand the flow of the conversation between Son Naeun and Hashimoto Nanami, she eventually moved over to sit next to the owner of the café who was trying to make herself busy with making and serving drinks after drinks to the rest of people within the place.

“MaiMai. You need to get a break.” the older woman looked up to Eunji, her eyes shouting out loud that she is indeed exhausted. It has been a while since she had a proper rest and exhaustion is filling into her every cell of her body. Eunji was already giving her ‘don’t fight me on this’ look and MaiMai sighed before she started to clean up the mess that she had made. The starlet stopped her before she could move another inch.

“I’ll take care of it. And do take Naa-chan with you. In fact, all of you need to take some well-deserved rest. Naeun, Bomi and I will hold up the fort for you. Please.”

“Okay, but you need to be to convince Naa-chan to take a break. She won’t even listen to me. Even when Maiyan scolded her for being so stubborn, she still won’t budge.”

“Got it. I’ll see what I can do. In the meantime… go!” MaiMai nodded as she walked over to Maiyan and Kazumin, probably dragging them along with her. Eunji sighed as she looked over to Naa-chan who was talking to her boyfriend with Ikoma sitting next to her, being not part of the conversation, in fact the younger one seemed the only thing she wanted to do right now is simply getting a nap as she rested her head on Naa-chan’s right shoulder, her eyes getting droopy by the second.

As Eunji draw closer to the trio, she could actually hear bits and pieces of what the two are arguing to and front about.

“I’m fine Ryu.”

“You say that but those eye bags says otherwise.”

“I can still hold on for a while. Don’t worry about me.”

“Stop trying to keep the façade going strong Nana. You can’t lie to anyone in your current state. Please go home and take at least 2 or 3 hours of nap. I can’t bear seeing you looking like this Nana.”

“Then don’t.”

“Nana, stop being stubborn. Just listen to this once.”

Since she can’t take anymore of listening to them, Eunji interrupted the two of them. “He’s right you know. You need to take it easy, go back to your apartment and have enough rest Naa-chan.”

“But Chorong-san-” Naa-chan was about to protest but Eunji was not hearing any of it. “No buts. And don’t worry about Park Chorong. I am pretty confident that she is just doing fine.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Because I have known her for years and she is not to back down without fight. Plus, she is kind of the type that people have to think twice before harming her. She’ll be fine. Everyone is doing everything in their power to find her and the best thing you should be doing is having enough rest. No one is going to be happy seeing you like this and trust me, she is going to have a lot to say if she ever see you like this.”

“She’ll nag at me as if there is no tomorrow.”

“Precisely, now go! And don’t come back unless those eye bags are fully gone understand?” Naa-chan smiled as she nodded.

“How come you would only listen to her? You won’t even budge when MaiMai told you to and you won’t even hear a word of what I’ve said.”

“Because Ryu… Jung Eunji is much like Park Chorong. Especially in the terms of nagging till the point that others would eventually give up to their demands so just that they won’t hear more of it.” explained Naa-chan as she smiled towards Eunji. Yamada Rusuke also smiled to the fact that the woman is finally listening to somebody that is telling her to get some sleep.

“No matter what, I am glad that at least you are listening to somebody. Want me to walk you and Rina back to the apartment?”

And at this Eunji rolled her eyes. “Hello… a single woman is still in this area. Could you two keep the lovey dovey to a minimum please?” Naa-chan blushed but Ryusuke just smiled like any idiot in love would.

“I’m not a baby Ryu, I can go on my own.” at the mention of the word ‘baby’, something in Eunji’s head clicked. Without another word, she left looking for Lu Han with the theory she had in mind. She soon find Lu Han who was on his third cup of coffee, looking much distraught than ever as he examined the black box recording again, trying to look up for any kind of clue. Baekhyun and Chanyeol on the other had taken over MaiMai’s job considering that they have nothing productive to do nor they can offer any kind of help to the investigation.

“Oppa. I have theory.”

“I’m listening.”

“Well, since we know that Jooyi is behind all of this… she probably have Sooyeon with her right now right? Since there is no way that she would leave her daughter behind, this might be quite far-stretched but I’m guessing if she does have Sooyeon with her then she needs to get out of her hiding eventually…”

It took a while but eventually things started to click in Lu Han’s head. “To get the things she needed for Sooyeon.”

“Precisely. So all we need to do right now is probably keep an eye to every single store that sells diapers or milk formulas in case she gives the stores a visit, and if she does, we’ll have her location!”

“And that sort of work will need a lot of work force.”

“Well, you did say that you can call in some favours from people. Now is the time to call them in!” the moment they exchanged smiles, is the moment where they both knew that finally there is a tinge of hope of finding the pregnant woman.

 


 A/N : Because today is Eunji's birthday!!!