Change of Heart

Meant To Be

The cut on her hand is getting worse. The bleeding has already stopped a long time ago but since the injury was not treated properly and also the fact that the place she is in right now doesn’t really scream hygienic, it is getting infected by the minute. Since pus has begun to be formed, flies are not an exception. The fact that she is tied is also not helping at all. The only thing that she hoped for is that all of this is not going to lead to any kind illness to her or her baby.

The door then opened with Jooyi carrying a wailing Sooyeon. The woman seemed quite disturbed by the fact that her daughter is making a ruckus. Jooyi didn’t even have the chance to speak up as Chorong bet her to it. “What’s wrong with her?”

“Nothing of your concern.” Jooyi hissed but Chorong is having none of that. Her maternal instinct and also the fact that she is after all a paediatrician is kicking in until she eventually forgotten of her own pain.

“Is her temperature high?” Jooyi didn’t say a word but from the look of her face, Chorong took it as a yes. “When you tried to feed her, did she gag them all out or refused to take even a sip?” probably she was a bit intimidated by the force that Chorong was emitting, Jooyi nodded hesitantly. The doctor was apparently thinking back for a while whether she was going to do what her heart is telling her to do or not. Finally after deciding which road she wants to embark on, she sighed. “Darn me and my stupid medical instincts.” Chorong muttered to herself before she looked straight into Jooyi’s eyes as she spoke out her next words that is sure to erupt some sort of disagreement from Lee Jooyi.

“Untie me now.” sure enough the other female refused immediately. “I need to take a look at her or would you rather her to suffer rather than getting the treatment that she so desperately needs?”

“How can I be sure that you won’t run away?”

“News flash! I am 8 months through my pregnancy and since the day you took me against my will, I have not even eaten a thing. If I do choose to run, I am pretty sure you can catch up to me within seconds. Now, do you really want to delay the time for me to check on your daughter or you really prefer us to continue with this conversation because believe me, if you choose the latter… we will be here battling against each other’s throats for days.” though she still was very wary of it, she had to admit, Park Chorong was right and it is not like she had any other choice. That and the fact she can’t watch her daughter suffer any longer than she needs to.

Grudgingly, she untied Chorong out of her binds and through enough to her words, the last thing the woman tried to do is getting away. Instead, she held her arms out for Jooyi to hand Sooyeon to her and hesitantly Jooyi did. A full 5 minutes were spent with Chorong doing what she does best and Jooyi could do nothing other than watching her every move nervously. In her head, she is just praying hard that her daughter is not having any kind of illness or infection that can jeopardise her little life.

When she was done, Chorong sighed gladly. At least it was nothing serious.

“Well?”

“Thing is she got a fever. Not entirely life-threatening but can be quite a torture for her to be in that condition and for you because I’m pretty sure as a mother, seeing your child suffering is not something that you would like see.”

“What are you trying to say? Just keep it simple would you?”

“We need to go to the nearest clinic-”

“And let the authorities see the woman that was filed missing? Are you trying to get me caught?”

“Just be patient will you? You didn’t even let me finish. Or you can go to any pharmacy and get some medicines for her. How’s that?”

“What kind of medicine?”

“Just ask them for acetaminophen like Tylenol or ibuprofen, it can be Motrin or Advil. Whichever is available.”

“What?”

“Just ask for medicines for toddlers who are down with a fever and I am pretty sure the one who mans the store will lead you to them. And can you get some antibiotics, dressings and econazine for me?” then again, the look on Jooyi’s face serves enough as an answer after all. “Yeah thought so.”

“I can’t leave you here all on your own. How can I be sure that you won’t get away?”

“Again, may I show you... exhibit A.” sarcastically Chorong pointed to her very swollen belly. “And two, if you still wary of me leaving here, just lock the door for heaven’s sake.”

“Fine. I’ll just be gone real quick. Since I really in a dire of time, I’ll just leave Sooyeon here.” Chorong’s eyebrows quirked up at that statement.

“You’ll be fine with leaving her with me? What if I do something to her? Of if I just leave her own her own? Are you sure you can trust me?”

“I don’t like you and honestly I don’t trust anyone. Even if you decide to disregard Sooyeon than it is not me nor my trust that you fail. You failed yourself as a doctor. And are you really that kind of a doctor?”

Chorong snickered, “You’re right. I’m not that kind of a doctor. Just get me a clean towel and a bowl of cold water and you can be off.” without any more word, Jooyi got out of the room to get the things that Chorong wanted and after she did, she left, leaving little Sooyeon in Chorong’s hands and locked the doors before going to where she needed to purchase those meds.


 

It didn’t take even 30 minutes. Whether the streets is just empty or Jooyi speed like she is one of those racers from Fast and Furious. Either way, none of that is a concern for Chorong as she held out her hand for the medicines. Checking to see whether the woman bought the right one like she told her to. She was even more glad to see that Jooyi purchased some packs of Kool Fever.

“Dissolve a tablet of this-” motioning to the bottle of Motrin “-in water and give it to her and after that, just make sure you change the towel on her head per hour.” still Chorong’s eyes were nowhere directed to Jooyi as she focused on putting the Kool Fever on Sooyeon’s back. Soon as she was done, she handed back the baby to Jooyi.

Suddenly Jooyi purposely dropped a bag of something right in front of Chorong’s eyes. As she peared into it, a smile peered onto Chorong’s lips. Park Chorong was about to thank the other female but she was already heading towards the door still that does not stopped Chorong from shouting the word of gratitude out loud.

Jooyi stopped in the middle of her tracks when she heard that. It was so bizarre. The thing that is happening between her and Chorong right now. Park Chorong is being held as a prisoner in this dump by none other than Lee Jooyi yet the woman did not make a move to run away when she had the chance to. Yet she decided to help Sooyeon when Jooyi is clearly clueless of what she needed to do.

“If only we meet in a different situation and circumstances Park Chorong… we would have been good friends.” Jooyi muttered to herself as she finally stepped out of the room.

Chorong meanwhile was just thankful for the fact that though Jooyi said that she refused to buy them, she still got Chorong the dressing, the antibiotics and also the ointment, Econazine that she asked for in order to treat her wound. Plus, there are also a few packs of bread and 2 bottles of water. After days of being held captive, these are more than enough for her to replenish her energy.

“If only we meet under different circumstances Lee Jooyi… I doubt any of us will be in this position.”


 

A phone call from one the guys that Lu Han had instructed to keep an eye on the stores and pharmacies was making Lu Han to feel hopeful. And true enough, he finally heard the one thing that he has been waiting for so long.

When the call ended, he stood up and make a move towards the rest who were still in the café and true enough, when they saw the expression on Lu Han’s face, it doesn’t take a physic to guess what the news is yet they waited for the words to get out of Lu Han’s lips in order to justify their guess.

He looks triumphed and a whole lot glad when he said those words out loud.

“We found them.”


 A/N : Okay, honestly I'm freaking out here. I'm just afraid I won't be able to finish this before I planned. Just hopeful that I can finish it in time. So, how do you guys like this chapter? Oh, and I forgot to tell you guys. When there are days that I didn't update, that is probably because I got my head stuck in a book. Last week my head was preoccupied with Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare and the week before it was The Cursed Child by good old J.K Rowling. Honestly, these two authors are my favourite authors in the whole wide world. They just makes me love their character so much. Believe me, the face that I had when I finished Lady Midnight would probably scare some of you. The fact that I have to wait for almost a year for the next book is killing me! Okay, enough of my rants now... What do you think of the fic so far? Hate it? Like it? It's okay? Or you just plainly hate it because it is just plain cliche?