Normal Day

Meant To Be

 

“Doctor Park, you are needed in the ward 7. I repeat, Doctor Park, you are needed in ward 7.” the voice that came out from the speaker alerted Chorong who was just arrived to her office after lunch hour. She put on her white cloak that was left hanging and dashed to ward 7 without even saying a thing to her guest. But that is what doctors do. Duties comes first before guests.

When she arrived at ward 7 only to be greeted with a chaotic atmosphere. Nurses are running all around trying to find things that has been told by the doctors. Chorong quickly made her way towards the patient that she was tending to. Tying her hair into a simple yet messy ponytail, Chorong tapped one nurse and ask about her patient condition.

“Hwang Gayoon is having yet an another seizure.”                                               

“Get some anesthetic from the meds and I need a 10 cm syringe and also get me some antibiotics.” the nurse who was wearing the name-tag ‘Seoyeon ’ nodded as she goes to find the things that Chorong have said.

That is quite a normal yet busy day after lunch hour for Chorong.

 

 


 

“Good thing it was just a minor seizure.” Chorong sighed as she sat down on her chair in her office after such a chaotic scene that was just passed.

“Sorry for leaving you just like that Eunji-yah.” the eye-smiling girl in front of Chorong just smiled.

“Its okay unnie. I understand. You are a busy woman after all. That is why I hesitated a bit coming here especially when you are this busy.”

Even though a bit tired, Chorong managed to pull out a small smile towards her dongsaeng. It has been 3 months since she saw Eunji before the lady flew to Los Angeles for her Broadway show.

“Nah. Don’t be. Its not big of a deal. Besides, I missed you Jung Eunji-ah. I haven’t seen you for 3 months. So, how was L.A? And how did the show go? Was the response good?”

Eunji chuckled as Chorong hit her with tons of questions in one time. Her Chorong unnie never changed. The caring and the cheerful unnie as ever just like the one she was when they met in college. But the Chorong that is sitting in front of her now differs from the one she is in college. She seems a bit more matured and fatigue. Especially when she has tons of work on her shoulder and mind.

“One at a time unnie. Haish. I missed you too uniie. L.A was great, the show went great and the response was super. How about you unnie? How many days has it been since you spend your nights in the hospital?”

“Its almost been 2 days. Good thing my shift ends right about now. I really can use some good night sleep and rest. Not to mention some homemade food. You didn’t go to the apartment yet don’t you?”

“Em. My flight arrived on 12 afternoon so I thought I could just drop by here to see you and just went home with you considering you work shift is almost at its end.”

“Eh? How come you came to see me first? You would usually went to Bomi’s workplace first.”

“Yeah. But then the hospital is much closer to the airport than Bomi’s boutique. And I was too tired so I guess its better to stop at you place than Bomi’s. Cheomdang-dong is a 3 hours drive with a taxi. I’m too tired. Plus, if I stop at your place, I can cut down the fee for a taxi.” Chorong snickered at Eunji’s answer. She knew the younger one was just joking and honestly, she didn’t even mind with Eunji’s answer.

“Yeah. Yeah. Whatever.  Hurry up Jung Eunji, drag your suitcase to the car. I need to go to the office first to check my card out.” Chorong took of her white doctor’s cloak and hand her car keys to Eunji and went out from her room and head towards the office. In her head, only one thing comes to mind at that moment. Her comfy bed and some delicious home-made food that was made by the girls back at home. And by the girls she meant herself and Eunji since the other girls can’t really cook pretty well.

She wonders how the 5 girls lived for the last 2 day as Eunji was not around for her Broadway show and Chorong was out on a night shift. Maybe Bomi cooked for them perhaps. But the only thing Bomi knows to cook is only Budae Jigae (stew). Or maybe Naeun cooked? Then again, Naeun only knows how to cook Galbijim (short ribs). Oh well, take outs and restaurants are available in the town, so they probably manage to survive for the last 2 days.

7 girls living in one apartment is a complete handful. Especially when Park Chorong is the oldest and also acts as the mother for the other 6 girls. But, they are the ones that she treasures a lot. And, she really missed them after almost 2 days not seeing her little sisters. She chuckled at that thought.

“Oh well, better check my card ASAP. The kids must be starving right now. Eunji is not the type that loves waiting people in the car either.”

 

 


 

“Mr. Lu, you have a meeting with the representatives of Dio Group on 3.30 p.m. in the conference room. On 4.30, you have a small tea planned in RoofTop café with the owner of Siio, the fabric company. On 6.00 p.m. you have an early dinner planned with the head executives of Rion, the company that we decided to extend the contract with. And next you have-”

His secretary kept going on and on with his schedule for the rest of the day and honestly he has grown tired of it. But still, he need to be patient for all this. He spent all his life to get to this position and he will never do anything stupid to let this out of his grasp. Even if he is sincerely sick of the way he lived over the day but this is the only way for him to met with the expectations of people and also the only way for him to get what he had been nurtured with for the past 23 years.

Still, when his secretary is still blabbering about his schedules for the day, Luhan’s mind is already somewhere else. Even being the workaholic he is, he is still a dude in his 20’s. Things like this surely bores him to death.

“Thanks. You can leave Chaerin.” Chaerin nodded as she left the room with a small black planner in her hands. After Chaerin left, Luhan leaned onto his chair as he sighed. Today is going to be long one for sure. Just as he was about to close his eyelids for some rest, a slight vibration that came from his jacket pocket woke him up. Lazily, he pulled out his phone out only to see a familiar caller ID on display.

He swiped the phone to pick the call and put the phone close to his ear.

“Hyung, what are you doing right now?” the other person on the line, Oh Sehun’s voice was heard while Luhan just murmured an ‘emm’.

“Suho-hyung! Luhan-hyung is not answering my question!” Luhan chuckled as the younger one calls out his other hyung to help him.

“I hear you Sehun. Stop bothering Suho. He has work to do too you know. Sheesh. I seriously hardly can believe that you turn out to be a doctor.”

“Hyung! That was uncalled for!”

“Whatever. Why do you called me Sehun-ah? I need to go to a meeting in another 10 minutes.”

“Oh. Suho hyung said they are going to hang out tonight with others. Wanna come with?”

“At what time?”

“Probably a quarter to midnight. So, what do you say?”

“Okay. I don’t have any schedule after 11.30 p.m. anyway. I’m in. The usual place right? Okay, I’m hanging up.” Luhan hanged the line just like that before hearing Sehun’s response just yet. At least he can have some quality time with his friends after work today. Hanging out for some drinks and catching up with each other might be a great thing after such a long day of work.

 

 


 

Chorong just woke up and was already finished taking her half-an hour shower. She felt energized and refreshed. It has been quite a while since she felt so. She went to the kitchen, scanning the cupboards and the refrigerator looking for ingredients to start prepping and cooking for dinner. Good thing there was some meat, chicken and some vegetables in the refrigerator completely organized and Chorong knew Yookyung was the one to be thanked for that.

She was washing the greens when Eunji came out from her room looking more refreshed than she was before. The two began start to cook dinner and as the clock starts to tick, one by one of the girls start to enter the apartment with an exhausted expression on their face but they seem to brighten up when they saw their Chorong and Eunji cooking up something delicious.

“Go and get a shower. Dinner is going to be ready anytime soon.”

After a while, 7 girls were gathered at the average size dinner table to enjoy home-cooked dishes by Chorong and Eunji.

“You girls looked like its been forever since you ate. What happened? Didn’t any of you cooked since both me and Eunji weren’t home?” the other 5 girls exchange glances to each other as Chorong voiced out her suspicion.

“Unnie, the 5 of us can’t cook. Yookyung unnie can only bake.” the maknae, Hayoung spoke out.

“But Naeun and Bomi is here. They can cook.” Chorong nodded indicating she agrees with Eunji’s statement.

“Naeun-unni almost blow the place apart and Bomi unnie Budae Jigae almost made us to head towards the emergency room for food poisoning.” Namjoo spoke up that made both Naeun and Bomi glared at her and the mirror princess just ignore her unnie’s death glare as she went back to chugging the food.

“You girls seriously need to have cooking lessons after this.” and the dinner carried on with the 7 girls catching up on each other and laughter filled the dinner table. As always. It is always pleasant time to spend time with each other.

 

 


 

“Hyung! Over here!” Baekhyun waved from his seat towards Luhan who just entered the meat restaurant. Luhan sat down next to his friends as he sip down Chanyeol’s drink.

“So, how is the company doing nowadays?”

“Fine. As always.” Luhan just answered Kris’ question nonchalantly. For now, its better not to talk about business when he want is an escape from all that for only a few seconds.

“Come one Kris hyung. Luhan hyung look like he needs a free time. You shouldn’t ask about things like the company at this particular time.”

“D.O is right. Anyway, let’s just enjoy ourselves tonight. For the meal, its on me this time.” as Suho volunteered to pay, the boys cheered and toasting their drinks. Enjoying such a night where they get to get out from their daily busy life once in a while.

Luhan smiled as he watched his dongsaengs in a cheerful manner. It has been quite a while since all twelve of them got together. But once they do, things certainly going to be quite interesting. For now, he wants to enjoy the moment before he heads back to his normal boring daily life piled with works and meetings and stuff.

 


 

The first chapter is here. Sorry if you noticed there wasn't much of Luhan and the boys in the first chapter. But I'll try to improve in the next chapter. I was just a bit unispired since I just got my final exam results today and it sorta hit me hard. Anyway, the first chapter is just a medium for the introduction of the characters. And sorry if it is sucha a boring chapter.

But I want to thank all of you. I only posted the foreword and 5 upvotes already. I thank you for that. Enough of my rambles, Hope you enjoy the chapter. And as usual, please comment.. ^^

-dewdrops