2 Months Through

Meant To Be

“Make way! Make way! Heavy load coming through!” automatically everyone that was in the hospital’s cafeteria then laughed at the obnoxiously loud commotion that came from the youngest staff member of the pediatric department when he as usual was knocked down to the floor by Chorong’s iron fist.

The oldest male of the pack snickered when he saw the younger one was getting beaten up by probably the most pregnant-looking pregnant woman out there. Chorong is only 2 months along her pregnancy but from the size she currently is, people would often she is already in her fourth month.

“Seriously Chorong, I really think you’re carrying more than one fetus in there.” Said Suho as he placed his friend’s tray of food that he had been carrying all along. Chorong rolled her eyes at the statement but said nothing in response as she dug into her pudding.

“For the millionth time hyung. Be a normal human being and use the normal word for once. Baby. Not fetus.” Still wincing in pain, Sehun said to the older male.

“It’s not a baby yet unless it is out of the uterus Hun.”

“Will both of you shut up? I’m trying to enjoy my meal here and all you two are talking about is uterus which I may include, both of you do not have.” Said Chorong as she stretched her right arm too reach for Sehun’s and Suho’s pudding since she already finished hers.

“Heol. Noona, you’re not even on your first trimester and you have been devouring food as if you’ll end up starving to death if you don’t.”

“You are not the one eating for more than one stomach to be filled so if you would be so kind Sehun, shut it.” Said Chorong with her infamous glare which sent Sehun wincing in fear. Suho on the other hand knew better not to fight Chorong when it is about her appetite so he just shook his head and rolled his eyes before pushing his meal tray to Chorong which the female smiled in approval.

“Lu Han-hyung didn’t say anything about your peculiar eating habits lately?”

“Say anything? If its even possible, he had been the one forcing me to eat more.”

“You two really are the perfect couple ever.” muttered Sehun.

“How about your parents? Were they just ecstatic over the news?” asked Suho.

“They are. Just not as ecstatic as Mama and Baba were. Well, having already been nursing 2 grandkids when my older sister delivered hers twice does jot down the excitement for them a little bit. But they are equally exited for this new one here.”

“Or new ones. I’m still betting on the fact that you’ll get either twins or triplets. Or better! Quadruplets! I am gonna be one happy uncle.” to this the youngest of the pack received a smack on the head once again from the pregnant woman.

“You sound as if you are the one who is pregnant when the real thing is I’ll be the one pushing them out through my down there. One already hurts like a thousand needles poking your skin to the deepest of one’s core. More than that I’d prefer to have a C-section than anything then.”

“Noona! Not the V word!”

Chorong rolled her eyes. What’s wrong with saying anyway.

“Hun, you are too innocent for your own good. But in another perspective, I’d rather have you this way especially when you are dating my Hayoung. This way it is evident that you won’t think of having any funny thought or funny business with my sweet one.”

“Don’t damage his brains Rong.”

“Fine. Sheesh, you are always like the dutiful father. Hurry up and get laid already Jumnyeon-ah.” still stuffing herself with food, she asked the question to the only single person at the table then.

“Your mouth have been quite foul lately since pregnancy. You sure you don’t want to take a small check-up with Irene? I can put into good words with her to give it to you for free.” Said Suho referring to the young yet strikingly pretty fellow in the psychiatrist department.

“Sounds like someone have a little something with the new fellow… Irene huh? Not a bad choice Jumnyeon-ah. I brought you up well. Good Jumnyeon.” said Chorong as she patted Suho’s head while the latter rolled his eyes is disbelief.

“Seriously Rong?”

“What? She looks like she is interested in you and honestly at your age, you really need to think about settling down. Your pocket might be loaded but one day, you’ll look back to this day on a rocking chair, staring into the distance all on your own on your front porch with a Golden Retriever next to you and you are going to think,  ‘Chorong was so right back then. I should have listened to her and I would not end up being so lonely and on my own without any children to take care of me or a wife to stay next to me. I should really listen to Chorong back then.’  Because as we all are well informed off, I am a hundred percent, always right.”

“I got your kids to take care of me.”

“Oi! My kids are going to take care of me thank you very much. Make your own. The point is Jumnyeon, just settle down.”

“Any-who… how did you convinced Lu Han-hyung to allow you to drive yourself to work today?” Chorong gave the ‘I know what you are doing and I’ll be sure to get back at this one day’ look and rolled her eyes. Again. Seems like rolling her eyes has been a new profound habit of hers. Still, she answered nevertheless.

“It was not easy. Seriously, Lu is extremely precautious and paranoid about everything. So, the only way for me to make him let me drive to work on my own is simply waking him up slightly late than usual and since he had a super important business meeting this morning, he kinda was forced to let me do what I want.”

“Schemer.” Said both Sehun and Suho.

“Why, thank you.”

 


 

It had been quite a busy morning with the business meeting and board meetings as well as meeting with the investors as well. And well, Lu Han is famished. Emotionally and physically drained. It’s a good thing after all of that madness, he finally have the rest of the evening off to himself.

 A knock on his door and then his secretary comes in with a tray of coffee in hand. A shot of caffeine is what he needs after a hectic day as this.

“I don’t have anything else scheduled for the rest of that day right?”

“Right you are Mr. Lu. Do you wish to leave the office any minute then?”

“Yeah. I need to pick up my beloved wife from work first things first. It was bad enough that I had to let her drive herself to work this morning. I have to make it up to her. Though I am pretty sure that she was rather content of being able to do that after all these while since I restricted her from going anywhere without me having to drive her.” Both him and his secretary Juyeon shared a meaningful look with one another. And then both of them burst into laughter.

After been working for almost 4 years under Lu Han, Juyeon understood her boss quite perfectly without her having the need to ask. It goes without saying that she kinda knew that her boss would go completely bonkers being overprotective over his wife. It wasn’t the first time she ever saw him does that but with Chorong it shows how much Lu Han cherish and love his wife.

“See you tomorrow Juyeon.”

“Will do. Say hi to the Mrs. to me.”

 


 

Chorong had just finished changing to her normal clothes which is basically out of her white robe. When she finished locking up her office, she saw a familiar face smiling smugly while leaning on his ride. Chorong shook her head at her husband.

“Come on, get in.”

“I drove myself in my own car this morning you know. You are seriously not expecting me to leave him here are you?”

“Yes, I am. Sehun or Suho would be willing to take it home for you. Now, come on.”

“You seriously do not take no as an answer do you Lu?”

“And neither do you. Well what you look at that, we are a perfect match are we not?” finally after much deliberating, Chorong finally got into Lu Han’s car and her husband too got in on the driver’s side once he made sure Chorong got in.

“What do you like to have for tonight my Queen?”

“I am in the mood for sushi.”

“Say no more.”

“That’s my prince.”

Things had been quite well. Too well even. Chorong is contented with her life. She has great friends, a loving husband, a great family and an upcoming baby to boot. The second oldest of the Park knew well enough that one should never be too contented or too happy with a life filled with blessing for so long because eventually something would rob them of their happiness. She knew that. She knew very well from all the ups and downs she had seen other been going through and she knows that she would experience the same. But for now, for once, she selfishly wished that things will be the same this way. Wishing that all of this happiness around her would be around forever.

Apparently such thing like that cease to exist in this world. Like the calm before the storm, this is just the beginning.

 


 

terrible chapter I know. but I still hoped you would enjoy it