Crushed

Meant To Be

 


 

“So, how did it go? Did she said yes?”

“It went well. Chorong just said that she is okay with anything.”

“Wow. That was easy. I thought she was going to protest a whole lot more about this.”

“I know my daughter well enough Lu Mei. She is not the type that would went against her parents words for no reason. Besides she has no special friend what-so-ever. Plus, that girl never dates anyone in her entire life and with her endless work schedule, I am sure she is not going to get a husband anytime soon.”

“That’s a good thing for you Chaemi. My boy on the other hand unexpectedly protested against our wishes.”

“Really? Does it mean the plan is cancelled?”                                                                                 

“Of course not. His father made the boy change his mind. Don’t worry Chaemi, things are going right as we plan it would.”

“Hope so Lu Mei. Well, then I’ll see you when the time comes I guess.”

“Okay. See you Chaemi.” with a satisfied smile, Chorong’s mother, finally hang up after a while talking to her friend, Lu Mei or as we all know her as Luhan’s mother of course.

“What did Chaemi said?” right after she hang up, a strong and manly voice spoke up with his hands holding a newspaper. Lu Mei, or Mrs. Lu, went to take a seat next to her husband while giving him a slight massage on the shoulders.

“She said her daughter is okay with everything.”

“That is something that  you won’t see everyday in this particular era. The daughter is okay with everything? Even with her parents marrying her off to a guy that she doesn’t even know? Are you sure?” his eyebrows knitted with confusion. Who wouldn’t be? Girls nowadays doesn’t usually do what their parents says. Especially when it is regarding to marriage.

“Unbelievable right? I know. But Chaemi did said that her daughter had never date in her entire life. Plus, she is too busy to find herself a boyfriend thus she just let her mother to do whatever she like and that includes finding a match for her.” a small laugh escaped Mr. Lu’s lips.

“She is truly one of a kind is she? She will make a fine wife for Luhan I can say that for sure.” his wife nodded with a smile on her face. A girl like Park Chorong who differs from others. Hopefully getting Luhan to marry her will be the right choice for the family’s sake, the company and also for Luhan himself.

 


 

Stressed. Luhan is now completely stressed out. This is all because of the sudden talk of marriage that his parent brought up and sort of forced him into after dinner yesterday. His mind is messed up and so is his temper. This is insane. What about his so-called-life? What about his 8 months long girlfriend, Jooyi?

Jooyi. Lee Jooyi. They met when Luhan went on one of his business trip and Jooyi was going to her fashion show gig. They seat was next to each other in the plane. The whole 6 to 7 hours journey from Korea to China was filled with the two talking and getting to know each other. And by the end of the flight, they exchange numbers and pretty soon a relationship was built. Jooyi has everything and according to Luhan, Jooyi is perfect. She is beautiful, cute, kind, lovable and tons of other compliments piled up in his head. That is what you would usually find from a lovesick person.

Thinking of Jooyi, Luhan sighed. What will he tell Jooyi about this? She is going to hate him for sure. He can’t lose Jooyi just like that. Jooyi is special to him. Too special. And as for now, their dreams of building a family together won’t be achieve. That is all because of the marriage that is planned out by his parents. Luhan doesn’t even know the girl that will be his bride.

Sudden realization hit him. Early this morning, his mother called him to give him the girl’s number. On what reasons his mother sounds extremely happy at that time he was clueless about it. But that doesn’t matter for now. Now, he need to met up with the girl and discuss things over with her. That is the only way the wedding is going to happen.

Without even hesitating a bit, Luhan looked up for the girl’s number which he just saved as ‘Troublesome’ and straight to make a call.

 


 

The girls just arrived from Chorong’s home after spending a night there. They were planning to come home in the evening but then some troubles regarding work came up which forced the girls to return back to Seoul immediately. When they reached Seoul, Yookyung asked Chorong to drop her at her office. Yookyung who is the one of the BOD (Board of Directors) of YK Group which happens to be her father’s company has an urgent meeting that she need to attend. And so, as for now only Chorong, Eunji and  Hayoung  are in the apartment. The rest has gone out.

Naeun got a call just now from her assistant and she was needed in her studio. Son Naeun has an art exhibition planned for next month thus she is pretty busy. Namjoo was needed back in the arts school since the school’s choir team is going to the state competition next week. Bomi on the other hand was needed in her boutique since according to her staff, she is needed to complete the new designs for the winter edition  that is due in the next 2 weeks. So, the three people went together on Bomi’s car leaving the 3 people that is completely free in the apartment.

Eunji as we all know has a short break after her Broadway show. Chorong too has 2 days of leave after such tiring days in the hospital. Oh Hayoung on the other hand is free for now since she has no cases in her hands right now. And for a lawyer like Hayoung, those times is rarely found thus she decided to take a sweet and relaxing nap leaving Chorong and Eunji doing their own thing in the living room.

Chorong is still thinking about what her mother have said yesterday. She frowns when she recap her mother’s wishes of pairing her up with a guy that she doesn’t even know. Plus, marrying her off to this stranger. The girls already knew about it and when they see Chorong kept sighing over and over, they just ignored it and that is what Eunji is doing right now. Chorong’s ringtone caught the two girls hearing as Hayoung came out to the living room with Chorong’s cell phone in her right hand.

“It was ringing for quite a while and it also disturbs my sleep.” Chorong mouthed a thank you to Hayoung and the younger one nodded before landing her head on Eunji’s lap.

“Hello. This is Park Chorong. Who are you?”

“I’m Luhan.”

“Luhan?” Chorong searched her memories to recall anything that has to do with that name. After a while she finally found the answer that she seek. Her mother told her about that name last night. But, what is with the sudden call out of the blue?

“Yes. Luhan-sshi. What is it? Is there something that I can help you?”

“We need to talk. Meet me in Le’ Chze at 8 p.m. sharp.” just like that Luhan hang up leaving Chorong who is gaping hard at the guy’s attitude.

“Rude much.”

 


 

It’s only 5 p.m. and Luhan was out in a café that is situated quite near to his penthouse. Sipping to a hot glass of Taro bubble tea, he looked outside the window while tapping his fingers on the wooden table. Anyone could tell the dude is waiting for someone. The bell of the front door of the café ringed indicating some new customers just went in. The newly arrived customers dragged the chairs and took a seat. After placing the order to the waitress, the oldest out of the group spoke up.

“What makes you to call us Luhan-ah?” Luhan looked at Xiumin, Kim Minseok his friends for years that look awfully similar to Wonder Girls, Sohee. Next to him, sat Tao, Lay and D.O. Looks like Kris and the others couldn’t make it because of their work schedules.

“What happened to the other boys?”

“Kris has an urgent meeting regarding a mole in their company. Sehun hasn’t finished his shift yet. Suho has to deal with an emergency surgery. Baekhyun has to work in the E.R. Kai is on patrol duty, Chen needs to study for a new case that he just received and Chanyeol was needed to meet up with a client.” Xiumin explained as he thanked the waitress that just brought their orders.

“Wow, they are busy. What about you three?”

“Xiumin-ge doesn’t have any lectures for today, Lay-ge has no classes for today. D.O-ge as we all knows it, he is the boss and he can leaves the restaurant whenever he wants and because the restaurant only opens at night. Me on the other hand is on a medical leave for 5 days straight.

“That’s right. How is your arm doing?” Luhan asked a bit concerned about his dongsaeng. Tao was shot in one of his mission last week and it’s a good thing the shooter missed his target thus leading the bullet only went to Tao’s left shoulder.

“I’m fine. The injury is getting better.” they spend about a few hours talking about whatever they want until it was already 7 p.m. Luhan looked over to his phone and realized he has an appointment with somebody this evening.

“Boys, I need to go. I have an appointment with someone at 8.”

“With who? Jooyi?”

“I hoped so but no. I’m meeting up with the girl my parents set me up with. See ya.” the boys has already been informed about Luhan getting married to some girl that even he doesn’t know and somehow the boys thank the heavens for that. The never really liked Jooyi but they kept their mouth shut just so Luhan won’t get angry with their words. Hopefully the girl that Luhan’s parents choose for him is better than Lee Jooyi.

 


 

It is already the designated time and Chorong is already standing in front of the restaurant door. She heaved a nervous sigh before stepping inside. She was soon showed to a table by the host. She took a seat as she wait for her soon-to-be husband to arrive. She look over how she dressed for the occasion. A plain navy blue dress that passed her knees by 3 inches. She let her hair down letting it flow just like that. After a while, a sudden greeting from someone brought her attention to the guy in front of her who is wearing black slacks and a long-sleeved  light-blue shirt.

“Park Chorong?”

“Luhan?” they each nodded and Luhan took a seat facing Chorong. He has to admit, Chorong is beautiful. She dressed in a simple manner yet she was stunning in her own way. Chorong to has to admit Luhan looked pretty decent. There is something about him that attracts Chorong to him at first sight. The soon place their orders and while waiting for the dishes to arrive, only silence filled the table. After a while, Luhan cleared his throat, gaining Chorong’s attention.

“The reason I want to meet up with you was regarding our marriage.”

“What about it?”

“Well, as far as we both know, we know nothing about each other.”

“Yes, so?”

“The thing you need to know first about me is that I already have a girlfriend.” hearing those words from Luhan’s mouth almost made Chorong’s eyes bulged out of its sockets but she was able to control her expression.

“Then why did you agree on this marriage?”

“I have my reason.” Luhan stopped there as the waiter dropped off their meals.

“So, what is the actual reason of you wanting to meet me?”

“About our marriage. We both know that this certainly will never work out so I have a preposition for you.”

“What kind of preposition?”

“After we get married, let’s just do our own stuff. You do yours and I will do mine. Without each other butting into other’s life. What about it?”

“So basically you want to be strangers after the marriage?” trying hard to control her emotions, Chorong kept her gaze onto the table in case she can’t hold her anger thus leads to giving the guy in front of her a bad bruise. She isn’t the holder of 3rd-class of Hapkido for nothing.

“That is pretty much it. So, what do you say?”

“If this is your plan about all this, why don’t we just cancel this whole thing?”

“That won’t do.”

“So you are saying you want to keep things like you said in our entire marriage? This is stupid. Both you and me are going to suffer from all this. Have that occurred to you when you thought about this ridiculous plan?”

“I did. That is why I am going to let you go if you want me to. That is after I get what I was after for.”

“You are saying that sooner or later in the future you are going to divorce me. Is that correct?” Chorong’s question was only answered with a nod.

“You know, in this whole plan it seems like I am the only one who will be suffering.”

“I know. That is also why I really hope you can help me with this. Besides, both of our parents will be heart-broken if this marriage doesn’t go as plan.” as Luhan said that, her parents face came to her sight. Her mother looked like she was super hoping that this plan will run out smoothly. She hates to disappoint her mother. That only means one thing.

“Fine. I’ll do it.” finally Luhan smiled after Chorong spoke those words.

“Thank you.”

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll take my leave.” without hearing Luhan’s answer, Chorong dashed out of the restaurant and heads towards her car while trying to sustain her tears that is threatening to come out any minute. The minute her car is on the road, tears start to wet her face.

 


 

The minute Chorong left, Luhan sighed. He really felt bad for what he have done. Even if they just met, he can tell Chorong is a nice girl. Most girls would probably flip out if they heard what Luhan have said to Chorong just now but the girl on the other hand manage to stay calm. He felt bad but he can help himself. Jooyi is important to him and he can’t afford to lose the girl. As well as the CEO position, he can’t lose that either. Call him a jerk or anything but for now, he only see that is the only way for this whole mess.

Fishing his phone out of his pocket, he dialed Jooyi’s number.

 


 

The front door was shut with a loud thump that made 6 heads turn towards Chorong who just arrived home. Chorong made her way towards the girls who are hanging out in front of the TV. She sloped down on the couch beside Hayoung.

“Naeun-ah. Call delivery. Order some chicken feet.”

Naeun looked at the other and Eunji just gave off the signal for Naeun to make the call. Something is terribly wrong with Chorong. There are only a few explanation of why she want chicken feet all of the sudden. One, she is super happy but that theory is rejected judging from the look on Chorong’s face. Two, she is super depressed and that might be the reason.

“Unnie, what happen?”

“My marriage was crushed before it even begin.” that night, the 7 girls gather around the living room while cursing their hearts out about Luhan. Even though what they did isn’t really a good thing but at least Chorong is finally able to smile and laugh. Again, to the girls that is what really matters. Their unnie to be happy and smiling.

 


 

Here is another update from me. Luhan is such a mean jerk right? XD. Wow, today is just filled with EXOPINK. First about that online gaming thing. Well, I am thankfull if it is true but I am also scared of what will happen to Apink since EXO saesaengs are really not in their right mind. I am just worried for the girls. Next, the movie premiere. Seems like Chorong and Namjoo went to support Eunji and Luhan, Chanyeol and Tao went to support Suho. I love it! It means Chorong and Luhan are going to meet each other and probably talk to each other. (Forgive my extreme imagination) that is all from me. I'll update soon. So, please comment on this... ^^

-dewdrops