Chapter 63

Danger

CANT BELIEVE ITS ALREADY THE ENDING !! Anyways,Im doing an A/N in the begining of the story because i dont want to ruin the ending by adding an authors note.So i just want to thank all of my readers for the support and love for the past year while i wrote "Danger", thanking for sticking around when i took so long to update and all <3 i love every single one of you guys for everything each of you have done . thanks for riding this very long roller coaster with me (: i love you guy ! i just wanna apologize for ending the way i did and i know you guys wont like it but i thought it was the best spot to end ... there will not be a sequel niether , im sorry /.\ for i hope you enjoy the last chapter ! i made it super long too ! Once again , I love you guys sooo mucchh , Much Love Author Myung_Joon <3

Ji-Yong’s Point of View:


“Alright,” Young Bae clapped his hands together, letting out a much needed breath as he wiped his face clean of perspiration.

We all had been working on the final showdown between me and Luke for the past five hours without any breaks and to say that we were tired was an understatement. We were completely exhausted.

“We’ve got everything settled now all we have to do is run through it all and make sure it’s perfect. We can’t have ourselves ing up.” Young Bae looked at all three of us, his eyes lingering on me for a while before speaking up once more. “Luke picked the time and place, he knows what he’s doing. We just have to make sure we’re one step ahead of him.”

“How can we do that if we don’t even know what he’s got planned?” Seungri questioned, drowsiness mixed with determination evident in his tone of voice. “I mean, if he picked the place, who’s to say he won’t come out guns blazing?”

I scoffed, shaking my head. “He’s not as stupid as we think. He knows what he’s doing for the most part; he’s not idiotic enough to do that.”

“Listen, we don’t know what he’s capable of. For all we know this could all be a setup. We have to be careful that nothing goes wrong…” Daesung exclaimed, putting his two cents in as he voiced his own thoughts.

Before I had the chance to say something, Young Bae beat me to it. “—which is why we’re settling it now. We’ve gone through this plan a million times, it’s foolproof. We just have to be positive we do it according to plan.”

I nodded, lacing my fingers together and sitting forwards, my elbows rested on my knees. “He’s right.”

“Of course I am.” Young Bae smirked, playfully dusting his shoulders off causing me to roll my eyes.

“Let’s not get cocky now.” I chuckled, my lips and focusing back on the task at hand once more. “Now, let’s run by this one more time.” I nodded towards Young Bae who honorably did the talking.

“Okay, once we arrive, we stand head to head. I’m assuming he’ll already be waiting for us so we wait for him to come out. Once that’s over and done with, we talk, let him trash us all he wants because by the time we get started, he’ll be begging on his knees for us to stop.”

I smirked, rubbing my hands together. Just to know I’ll finally be able to get the er back for all the bull he put me and Dara through was pumping me up for what was to come later tonight.

I was finally going to get my revenge.

“We’ve got all the guns stashed down in the basement. Ji-Yong you’ve got yours on lock in the container which I’m assuming you’ll be using?” Young Bae raised his eyebrow at me.

I firmly nodded. “When don’t I use that thing?” I laughed.

Young Bae cracked a smile before his lips and smiling. “If it comes down to there being a shootout, we’ll be ready for it but be smart about it. Don’t let them know we have them. Let them think they’ve got the upper hand.”

“So that way they think they’re going to win and we can get them when they least expect it.”

“Exactly.” Young Bae nodded, glancing around at all of us once more. “Do we understand?”

“Yeah bro, I’ve practically got it engraved into my head.” I chuckled, stretching my legs forwards.

“Good, you should. We don’t want to this up. We’ve let him go one too many times, its about time he pays for what he did to you and Dara.”

I pressed my lips together at the thought of my girlfriend who’s currently sleeping by herself in her bed without me there next to her. “Are we done here now?”

Young Bae sighed, running a hand through his hair and to the back of his neck where he rubbed it. “Yeah, we’re done for now. Get some rest boys we’ve got a long night ahead of us.” Standing up, he clapped each of our backs before disappearing up the stairs and where I presumed to be his bedroom.

Once the clicking of his door closing was heard, I shot up from the couch, standing up on my feet. Stretching my arms outwards, I cracked my back before walking over to where I had thrown my jacket. Slipping my arms inside, I grabbed my car keys. “I’ll see you guys later.”

“Where are you going?” Seungri asked, his eyebrows pulled together to0 put as one in curiosity.

I whipped around to face him once I wrenched the front door open. “To spend some time with my girl. I’m beat and tired as ; all I want is to hold her in my arms. I’ve got a lot of to take care of tonight; I want some piece of mind before we set off on destroying Luke.”

They each nodded in unison, understanding where I was coming from.

“Have fun!” Seung Hyun called out after me and I ignored his vibrant smirk as he watched me walk out of the house and down the steps, over to my car.

I settled myself inside before bringing the car to life and pulling the stick shift to reverse, laying one hand on top of the back seat of the passenger side as I stared off behind me. Making sure I pulled out alright before drawing into drive and bolting down the various streets until I had made it to Dara’s, I took my keys out, letting them dangle midair as they hung off my index finger while they looped around the base of it before I clutched it into my palm, skidding to the back of her house and taking the ladder up to her room.

Pushing the window open slowly so that I wouldn’t wake anyone up, I made sure to lift each leg over the edge quickly yet quietly, my feet making a soft thump on the ground as I hopped down. Kicking my shoes off, I took off my jacket before pulling my shirt over my head and bringing the blanket that covered Dara down, slipping myself in next to her.

Her body heat quickly penetrated against my flesh as I took in a whiff of her natural vanilla scent. My body quickly fell at ease just being beside her, my mind at peace as I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into my chest. “I love you.” I murmured softly, pecking her hair before laying my cheek against it and letting my eyes close.


The sun peeked through the window, casting a glow over both me and Dara as I seethed in a sharp breath, trying to ignore the presence beside me shifting and the light beaming down on my closed eyes.

“Baby?” Dara’s quiet voice brought me to open my eyes as I let out a muffled groan, not wanting to wake up.

“Hm?” I mumbled, turning my head lazily as I peeked one eye open, my hand reaching out and taking hold of hers.

“Where were you?” She asked, her fingers brushing against my cheek before cupping it into her hand.

“Huh?” I mumbled, wiping the sleep from my eyes, yawning tremendously, the lack of sleep I had gotten taking its toll on me once more.

“You weren’t here last night when I woke up.” She muttered her eyes firmly placed against mine, creases of curiosity embedding around her eyes.

“What do you mean?” I sat up a bit, my back pressing up against her wall. Rubbing the padding of my thumb against her hand, I squeezed her hand.

“I woke up in the middle of the night expecting you to be here and you weren’t.” She frowned, concerned. “Where did you go?”

“Oh,” I silently cursed under my nose. I was hoping I’d get back without her noticing I had left. “I went back to my place to take care of some things with the guys.”

A look of acknowledgment overcame her features and Dara relaxed under my touch. “Oh, okay.”

“Why?” I wondered out loud, pulling my lips into my mouth.

A faint color of red tainted her cheeks. “I just thought you got in trouble by my parents or something.” She laughed lightly.

I chuckled, shaking my head. “If I got in trouble do you honestly think they’d let you sleep through it all? They’d kill you just as much as they would me.”

Dara seemed to dwell on what I had just said before bursting out into fits of quiet laughter. “You’re right.” She shook her head. “You would’ve been pulled out by your legs and I would’ve been yelled at.”

“Babe, you and I both know we would’ve died. I think your parents are way past negotiating with us through words.”

Dara shrugged. “I’m just glad they didn’t come in here. We have a tendency to be interrupted every time we’re together, if you haven’t noticed.”

“Oh I’ve noticed alright.” I laughed, hooking an arm around Dara’s waist and bringing her into my side. “I’m surprised I was able to make love to you without Young Bae walking in on us, screaming about god knows what.”

Dara squealed at the thought, hiding her face into my shoulder. “Could you imagine? Oh my god…”

I grinned down at her, pecking the top of her head repeatedly. “What am I going to do with you?” I sighed, holding her tighter against me, not wanting to let her go.

“I don’t know.” She giggled, snuggling up to me.

A comfortable silence fell between us but a source of uncertainty still lingered, brewing immensely with each passing second.

“Dara—”, “Ji-Yong—” We both began at the same time, pausing to reminiscence on what just happened before laughing lightly.

“You first,” Dara smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she stared up at me with her big eyes.

I shrugged, keeping my gaze firmly placed on hers. “You seem like you’re holding back from something. What’s on your mind, babe?”

Dara her lips, shifting slightly as she peered nervously into my eyes. “Were you here a few hours ago?”

“Be a bit more specific baby.” I encouraged softly, wondering where she was going with this, my stomach churning uncomfortably.

“I woke around three o’clock in the morning…” Biting her lip, she swallowed. “Were you still here then?”

I thought about it for a second before shaking my head. “No, I left around midnight.” my lips, I chewed the inner layer of my cheek. “Why?”

She shook her head dismissively. “Nothing, it’s just… nothing.” She muttered her eyes hazed over in confusion as she thought long and hard.

“It’s not nothing babe,” I caressed her cheek. “Tell me,” I urged tenderly.

“I just…” She sighed, furrowing her eyebrows. “I felt someone next to me…” She stared across the room towards the open window that brought it a fresh gust of wind.

My heart sank as her words engraved into my head. “What do you mean?” I fumbled on my words, not knowing exactly how to form a coherent sentence without sounding like a complete idiot.

“I woke up to something my cheek but when I looked around, no one was there. I thought maybe you had gone to the bathroom but after five minutes, I realized you left and I was all alone.”

All color drained from my face as I swallowed hard; trying not to think of all the possible scenarios of what happened.

“Are you sure baby?”

She slowly nodded before fading to a shake of her head. “I… I don’t know Ji-Yong. It was weird.” She pulled her lips into a thin line, sighing. “Maybe I was just imagining it.” She shrugged, frowning. “It was probably just my hair against my cheek. That happens sometimes.”

I forced a smile on my lips, trying my hardest not to let the new found news take effect on me. Knowing that Dara would see right through my façade and ask what’s going on, I knew I’d be prodded into telling her. “Yeah, you’re right.” I kissed her cheek. “It also could’ve been your parents checking in on you.”

“Yeah,” Dara nodded. “They tend to do that a lot anyways.” She laughed. “I guess that’s good that you weren’t here then.” She smiled cheekily, pressing her cheek against my chest.


“Yeah… thank God…” I swallowed hard while keeping her in place, my arm never leaving from its position around her. My throat ran dry, my muscles tense, my palms sweaty, and the hairs on my neck standing up.
**
“Better keep that girl of yours on lock,” Luke spat knowingly, “because not only am I watching you Kwon but I’m keeping an eye on your little too.”
**
I gritted my teeth together, my chest rising and falling in anger at the thought of his fingers touching her skin.

“Babe?” Dara looked up at me, her hand pressing against my chest as she raised her eyebrows at me. “What’s wrong?”

My jaw twitched, my eyes shading over in faint defeat before they disappeared into a puddle of sadness. “Kiss me.” I demanded, my voice hoarse, my eyes determined.

“Wha—”

“Now,” I mumbled, my breathing hitched. When she didn’t move, I tugged on her waist. “Kiss me damn it.” I growled and instantly Dara shifted so that she hovered over me before sealing my lips with a kiss laced with love, uneasiness, force and ambiguity.

My hands rose up the hotness of her skin, feeling it burn against my fingers as I pushed her into me, her body now pressed tightly against mine. I dug my fingers into her lower back, my lips feverishly attacking hers.

With one quick movement, I had her under me, pinned against the mattress as I hung over her body, my hands constrained on either side of her head so hard that if I would have removed them a feeble handprint would be shown. Kissing her full on the mouth, I traced her bottom lip before plunging my tongue in, not even waiting for to grant access.

A quiet moan escaped, vibrating against my lips as our bodies tainted in sweat, ready for the next step as I quietly took her body into my hands, looking into her eyes for approval.

Noticing the evident doubt in my eyes, she pressed her lips against my chin, letting me know she was okay.

Without even a sound, my pants and boxers were discarded to the side before I had mended my body with hers, our heavy breathing mixing together as we moved as one.

With each , a newfound moan came from the both of our lips while we tried to be as quiet as possible without attracting any sort of attention from anyone in the house.

About an hour later, I had collapsed on top of her, my body just as worn out. Kissing her on the lips one last time, I rolled off, keeping the sheets tangled around our damp bodies as we tried to regain our normal rate of inhalation.

“Are you going to tell me now or later?” Dara spoke up after what felt like hours in our comfortable embrace.

I looked down at her, contorting the best confused expression that I could muster. “What do you mean?”

She sighed, holding the sheet tightly against her chest. “I know something’s on your mind.” She murmured, tracking imaginary shapes onto my bicep.

“It’s nothing.” I shook my head. “I just had a moment of weakness that’s all.”

“For what?” She stared up at me confused, trying to make of what I had just told her.

I pressed my lids together, trying to block out the distant screams in my ears telling me to let her know what was going on. “Forget it.” I fumbled next to her, my eyes bouncing around the room to look at anything but her.

“Don’t do this again, Ji-Yong.” Dara frustratingly sighed, her fingers now coiled around my arm in a vice like grip. “Tell me and quit stalling. I told you what was up with me, now it’s your turn.”

I pulled my lips into my mouth before letting my shoulders sink against the soft fabric underneath me, knowing she was right. “I just have a lot on my mind, that’s all.”

“Things like what?” Dara pressed, trying to get answers from me.

I thought of the first thing that came to mind. “Your parents…”

She moved her head back as if to get a better look at me. “My parents?” She questioned uncertain.

I nodded, watching as her face settled into a state of understanding.

“Babe, you have nothing to worry about. They accepted us.” She smiled, leaning up to brush her lips against mine. “They know how crazy we are for each other.”

I grinned despite our current situation. “It’s about time.” I chuckled. “But it’s not that. It’s the thought of having to face them after all that happened…”

“Ji-Yong,” Her lips curled into a smirk. “Are you nervous?” She giggled, thinking that she had gotten me red handed.

I decided to play along, knowing she had fallen for my lie. “Nervous? Me? Ji-Yong Kwon?” I chuckled, shaking my head. “No but I am worried about how they’ll react to seeing me again.” I grimaced, memories of that night as the diner replaying in my head.

“They moved on, Ji-Yong. You should too.” She smiled, pecking my lips in a loving way. “I’m going to go take a shower.”

I my lips, watching as she slipped from under the sheets, grabbing my shirt from the floor and throwing it over her head. It fell loose, stopping just below her knees. I watched, amused. “You look good in my shirt.” I winked as she turned to face me.

“Shut up.” She blushed, turning away and shuffling through her drawers, picking out a pair of jeans, a V-neck, socks and everything else she needed before blowing me a kiss and closing the door behind her.

I waited until the water was heard running before jumping out of bed and walking over to slip on my boxers before grabbing my phone from my jeans. Dialing Young Bae’s number, I waited impatiently as it rang once, twice, three times before finally he picked up.

“Hello?” He groggily spoke and I knew I had woken him up from his sleep.

“The er has lost his god damn mind.” I spat into the receiver, gripping my phone with such force I could possibly break it from the amount of strength I was putting on it.

“For Christ’s sake Ji-Yong, what happened now?” He grumbled, clearly not in the mood for one of my rants but I was on the verge of losing control.

“Not only is the er watching her, he’s coming into her room too.” I snarled through clenched teeth, trying to keep my voice civil, not exactly wanting to attract Dara’s undivided attention.

This seemed to have caught Young Bae’s attention, his bed creaking from what I imagined him to be sitting up. “How the do you know that?”

“Dara told me.” I bitterly replied, the fury pulsing through my veins at the thought of his body next to hers.

“She saw him?” Young Bae gawked in complete awe, not being able to believe his ears.

“Not exactly…” I sighed, running my fingers through my hair glancing from the wall to the door that led to Dara’s bathroom, still aware that she was just a few feet away.

“Alright Ji-Yong, I don’t have time for you to be ing with my head. Either she saw him or she didn’t!” Young Bae growled into the receiver his voice penetrating in my ears, rattling my eardrums.

“Listen close Young Bae, that bastard touched my girl and I’m about to lose my ing mind.” I hissed. “She felt someone ing touching her and I wasn’t there next to her.” I spat. “That’s how I know it was that son of a .”

After several seconds of pure silence a faint “,” was heard.

I tapped my foot impatiently on the floor, biting endless on the layer of my lip, waiting for some other response to come from Young Bae.

“Alright,” Young Bae sighed heavily, the burden of my problems falling on his already piled on shoulders. “You’ve got to keep a close eye on your girl and let her know she can’t go anywhere by herself. Do you hear me?”

“, Young Bae.” I sighed.

“What?” He spat impatiently.

“She doesn’t know about Luke or tonight. I can’t tell her something like that without her wanting to know the reason behind it.”

“Make something up.” Young Bae stated dismissively as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I rolled my eyes at his idiocy. “I can’t, you idiot. She’ll catch onto my lies and I can’t keep doing that to her. I’m already keeping a lot from her; I refuse to add more.”

“Jesus Christ, Ji-Yong…” Young Bae muttered, most likely running a hand up and down his face in frustration. “You have to think of something, alright? You can’t have her unguarded.”

I nodded my head even though Young Bae couldn’t see me. “I think I’ve got an idea.” The rattling of the door being opened was heard, causing my head to snap over in its direction. “I’ll talk to you later, bye.”

“Bye.” And with that the line went dead, the same time Dara walked out with her damp hair cascading down her back, wetting her shirt slightly.

“Who were you talking to?” She questioned while walking over to her dresser and running a brush through her hair.

I shrugged, putting my phone away before walking over to her. “It was no one.” I smiled despite how I was currently feeling, wrapping my arms around her waist and laying my cheek against hers. “Did you have a good shower?”

“Mhm,” She grinned at me through the mirror. “It would’ve been better if you were there though.”

My eyebrows shot up, a smirk finding its way to my lips. “Oh, really?” I emphasized while placing a kiss under her ear.

She closed her eyes under my touch. “Yes,” She breathed out, inhaling and exhaling a shaky breath.

I grinned against her skin before pulling away. “I’m going to take a shower now too.” I turned, grabbing my clothes and heading over to the bathroom.

She gasped, falling to the perfect shape of an ‘O’. “Tease.” She muttered, disapprovingly with a shake of her head, sending me a glare.

I shot her a sultry wink in return before closing the door behind me.

Dara’s Point of View:

What am I going to do with him?

I sighed, laughing lightly. Once my hair was perfectly unknotted, I ran my fingers through it before pulling it up into a loose bun on the top of my head.

Knowing it’d be a couple minutes before Ji-Yong came out, I grabbed a bottle of hot pink nail polish before making my way to my messy bed and dropping myself down on it. Leaning over my bent knee, I began painting each toe on my left foot before moving onto my right.

When I was done, I moved onto my fingers and then twisted the top back on the bottle before laying it on the dresser right next to my bed. I blew on each of my fingers trying not to move too much so that I was safe from ruining my perfectly painted nails.

After about three minutes of blowing—no pun intended—Ji-Yong came out of the shower with a towel around his waist, water dripping down his chiseled chest and abs before disappearing under the fabric keeping his possessions hidden.

Shaking his head, a few drops falling on my face, Ji-Yong walked over to the dresser opposite from my bed. “What are you doing baby?”

“Blowing my nails so that they dry, what does it look like I’m doing?” I spoke incredulously as if it were the most obvious thing in the world before shooting him a quick grin to reassure I was just kidding.

Ji-Yong’s infamous smirk found its way up his plump lips as he looked at me through my mirror. “I’ve got something else you could blow.” He his lips, winking.

I gasped, grabbing a pillow and chucking it at his back which only caused him to dodge it and laugh hysterically.

“I was just kidding,” He paused, “maybe.”

“Not funny.” I scolded with narrowed eyes.

Chuckling, Ji-Yong walked over to me, settling both hands on either side of me as he leaned down to place a gentle kiss to my lips. Pulling away enough to talk but still keeping close, Ji-Yong lopsidedly smiled. “I was just kidding babe.”

I slumped my shoulders when my bangs fell in front of my face. Trying to blow them away, they fell back down again. Sighing, I was just about to try again when Ji-Yong tucked them behind my ear, leaving a whisper of a kiss on my nose behind as he stepped away. “Do you have any spare clothes of mine babe? I don’t feel like wearing jeans.”

“Yeah, check my top drawers—wait,” I frowned, “I’m still supposed to be mad at you.”

He grinned, shrugging. “I’m too loveable to hate on.”

I raised an eyebrow, staring at him for what felt like ages before finally my face eased down into a smile as I burst out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” He stared at me amused, grabbing his sweatpants from my top drawer and putting them on before dropping his towel to the ground. “You know it’s true.”

I shook my head, dialing down my laughter. “Yeah, okay.” Playfully sticking my tongue out at him, I stood up to fix my bed when I felt a pair of arms attack me from behind, throwing me back against the bed.

“Ji-Yong!” I shrieked, incredulously staring up at him.

A huge smile was placed upon his lips as he held my arms above my head. “Admit it.”

“Admit what?” I giggled, wiggling around, trying to escape his hold.

“That I’m loveable.” He cheesed, waiting for my response.

Knowing that he’d keep me in this position forever, I rolled my eyes. “You’re loveable.” I mumbled.

“What was that?” He teased. “I didn’t hear you.”

“I’m sure you didn’t.” I grumbled, sighing. “I said you’re lovable.”

“I know.” He chuckled, kissing me before releasing my arms and standing up.

“I hate you.”

“No you don’t.” He shot back with a smirk.

“Smartass.” I muttered, going back to striping the sheets from my bed, placing new ones on them after getting them from the cabinets in my bathroom before covering it perfectly placing two pillows neatly on top. “Perfect.” I smiled, staring at my masterpiece.

“Just like you.” Ji-Yong mumbled into my hair, his arms around my waist.

I placed my hands on top of his, leaning my head back against his chest. Sighing contently, I arched my back, looking up to get a better look at him, a thought coming to mind. “Ji-Yong?”

“Mm?” He looked down at me, his soft eyes meeting mine.

I my lips before biting them. “Have you ever thought about the future?”

He didn’t say a word for what felt like forever, his eyes staying on mine before finally, he took a deep breath, exhaling sharply. “What do you mean?”

“Like,” I shrugged. “The future—what do you see?”

He smiled, his arms tightening around me. “You.” Pausing, he rubbed his thumbs against my stomach. “I see you.”

My cheeks reddened, brewing with warmth.

“You’re everything to me, you know.” He stated solemnly after a few seconds. “I don’t know what I’d do without you… just being separated for just a few hours the other night, it felt like a lifetime. It felt like a part of me was missing and it was true because you are a part of me.” He paused, staring lovingly into my eyes. “You’re my life, my heart… when you’re hurting, I feel it. When you’re far away, I crave your touch. There’s not a day that goes by where I don’t think of you.”

Tears whelmed up in my eyes as I listened to him. Everything I’ve ever wanted to hear from a guy was coming from the one person I ever truly loved and that meant more to me than anything.

“We’re ed up, I know that. I’m hot tempered, crazy and a pain in the . You’re loud, uptight and snappy but that’s what makes us… us. We’re insane together, we say and do stupid things but at the end of the day I would do anything just to put a smile on your face.”

“You’re number one in my eyes and I will do anything and everything in my power to make sure you’re happy. Everything that you are is who I am today. You’ve opened my eyes to the good things in life and showed me that not everything is bad. I know that sounds corny but it’s true. I’ve been screwed over so many times, I never knew what it was like to be able to trust someone and then you came into my life.” Chuckling, he shook his head. “You know, people say that the best relationships start unexpectedly?”

I giggled, wiping my face clean of tears. “No.”

“Well, they do and it’s true.” Ji-Yong cracked a small grin, wiping away my tears with his thumbs. his lips, he stared solemnly at me. “You’re too beautiful to cry.” He whispered against my lips.

“It’s happy tears, don’t worry.” Smiling, I turned around in his arms before wrapping my own around his neck and pulling him into a passionate embrace.

Kissing back, Ji-Yong held me close before pulling away and pressing his forehead to mine. “I love you.” He murmured.

“I love you too.” I paused, smiling. “So much.”

Capturing my lips in another kiss, Ji-Yong pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly. “You’re my angel.” He whispered, his chest moved up and down in a natural pattern.

I couldn’t help but want to hold onto him forever. Something about his gesture told me not to let him go that if I did, I would regret it. So, I listened to my conscious, keeping myself locked around him for as long as I can.

Something about the way he was perched around me, in a protective manner, I felt a sudden mood change in him.

“Ji-Yong?”

A long silence followed before he answered, “Yeah?”

“Are you sure you’re okay?” I couldn’t help but shake the feeling that there was something bothering him.

His body froze for a second before he quickly relaxed under my touch, his head shifting to regard down at me. “As okay as ever, why?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know… you seem tense. I know I asked you this multiple times before but I’m just not reassured. Are you positive nothing’s bothering you?”

He cracked a small smile, kissing me gently. “Nothing’s wrong baby, I’m fine, promise. Besides, I don’t care that you ask. It just shows me that you care and that means more than you could imagine.”

I nodded my head, not wanting to push the subject any further. The last thing I wanted to do was get into another argument over something silly.

A knock was sounded at the door causing us both to pull away. “Dara? Are you in there sweetheart?”

“,” Ji-Yong rasped under his breath, his eyes wide as he frantically looked around for his things, not wanting to leave anything behind.

“Ugh, yeah mom, I’m here.” I called back, looking at Ji-Yong with the same shocked look that he had on his face.

“Can you let me in? I’d like to have a chat with you really quick about something.”

“Uhm, okay, hold on a sec, I’m…dressing up!” I bit my lip, inwardly cursing myself for the stupid excuse I have come up with in order for her to stay put outside.

“It’s okay.” Ji-Yong whispered. “I’ll just hide in your closet.”

I nodded my head. “Okay, hurry!” I urged him forwards.

Watching him vanish behind the closet door, I took a deep breath, making sure everything was in place before opening the door that led inside my room. “Hey, mom” I smiled.

“Good morning baby,”

“Morning” I smiled, hugging her.

“Did you sleep alright last night?” She asked after pulling away.

“Yep, like a baby.” I giggled, smiling brightly, hoping she didn’t hear anything from me and Ji-Yong.

“That’s good.” Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear she laced her fingers together in front of her. “I’d like to ask you something.” She smiled just as big as I did, contentment plastered in her eyes.

“Shoot.”

“Your father and I were discussing a few things last night and since we’ve come to terms with your relationship with Ji-Yong, we would like for him to have a dinner with us, here at home. That way we wouldn’t have to worry about any other enemies of his we don’t know about attacking you.” Though she meant the last of her statement as a joke, I knew a part of her was being slightly serious.

Biting my lip, a series of butterflies eloped inside my stomach and I felt at top of the world. Life couldn’t get any better than this. “Sounds good mom, I’ll let Ji-Yong know.”

“Okay and then please inform me of what he says soon so I can get started on dinner.”

“Will do”

Patting my hand, she kissed my cheek before exiting my room and disappearing down the stairs.

When the coast was clear, I let out a huge shriek of happiness, not being able to believe this was actually happening to me.

My parents were actually giving Ji-Yong a chance and that meant more to me than they probably knew.

“Someone’s happy.” Ji-Yong teased from behind, his body emerging from the compartment of my closet.

I in my cheeks. “Shut up,” I laughed. “I’m just happy they’re giving you a chance.” Turning, I crashed myself against Ji-Yong my arms limp around his neck. “I told you they approved.”

Chuckling, Ji-Yong pecked me several times, keeping his arms loose around me. “I never said you were lying.”

“You definitely doubted though.”

“Maybe a little”

“Told ya,” I laughed, standing up straight. “So,” I smiled up at him. “Will you be able to come tonight?”

Staring into my eyes, he ran his fingers through my hair, massaging my scalp gently releasing and nodding. “I don’t see why not.”

Squealing, I hugged him tight. “This is going to be so much fun!”

“Oh, tons babe, I can just see the excitement in your parent’s eyes when they see me walk through the front door.” He mocked with a smirk.

“So negative,” I grumbled, shaking my head. “Think positive!” I laughed, squeezing his cheeks in my hands as I planted a sloppy kiss on his lips, never wanting this moment between us to end. “I love you.” I sing-sang, in one of the best moods of my life.

Chuckling, amused with my actions, Ji-Yong grinned. “I love you too.” Hooking an arm around my waist, he smiled. “Now, c’mere” Sliding me close, Ji-Yong kissed my lips.

“You never get tired of that, do you?” I mumbled against him.

“What? Kissing you?”

I nodded.

He smirked. “Nope”— kiss—“I”—kiss—“don’t.”

“You’re crazy.” I giggled, resting my chin against his chest as I stared up at him with complete adoration, never wanting this moment to end.

“And you’re y.” Ji-Yong wiggled his eyebrows, smiling at me.

Sighing in satisfaction, I in a deep breath. “Why can’t everyday be like this; loving, peaceful and fun?”

“Because those three adjectives don’t necessarily go along with the life I live baby.”

I shrugged. “We can make it work.”

“Yes, we can.” Kissing me once more, Ji-Yong pulled away. “I’ve got to head on over to my place soon.”

“No,” I whined, tightening my arms around him. “Don’t, please.”

“I have to baby; I’ve got a lot of things to cover.” He sadly stared down at me, not wanting to release me either.

“Like what?”

“Don’t worry about it; just keep focus on the dinner tonight. Pick a hot dress and look pretty, not that that’s hard for you because you’re always beautiful in my eyes.”

“Ji-Yong…”

“I’m serious Dara,” Grabbing my hands in his, he squeezed them reassuringly. “I’ll be here sometime tonight. I may be a little late but I’ll make it.”

“I know you will that’s not the problem Ji-Yong. I just don’t want you to go…”

“Sel.” He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. “Don’t make this hard.”

“I’m not trying to… it’s just we were having such a good time and I don’t want it to end so soon.”

“Think about it this way, once we get tonight out of the way, I’ll be able to see you whenever I want without having to sneak in.”

I contemplated what he said before finally giving in. “Alright.” I nodded, smiling slightly. “You’re right.”

“Of course I am babe. When am I ever wrong?” He raised an eyebrow jokingly.

“Never,” I emphasized sarcastically before rolling my eyes and lightly laughing.

“Exactly,” He chuckled, pulling away from me. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

I nodded, watching as he stared intently at my face as if he were remembering every detail. Grasping my face into his hands, Ji-Yong placed a soft yet forceful kiss on my lips, determined to transfer all the passion he could muster onto me before pulling away, his eyes still closed. Taking a deep breath, he stepped back.

“Love you.”

“Love you too.” Giving me one last look, he shot me a reassuring smile before leaving through the window.

I walked over, watching as he skidded over to his car unnoticed. Starting it up, he pulled out of its parked spot before zooming down the street, honking in reference to his goodbye to me.

It’s official. I’ve fallen completely head over heels in love with him.

Ji-Yong’s Point of View:

“I’ve got a proposition for you.” I spoke into the receiver, the deathly tone to my voice coming out as I held my phone close to my ear.

“What do you need, Mr. Kwon?”

I smiled; knowing whatever it was that I wanted was going to be handled properly. “Meet me at Bay in ten. Don’t be late or you’ll regret it.” I seethed sharply. “It’s urgent and I need it to be done as soon as possible.”

“Your wish is my command. I’ll be there soon.”

“Good boy.” Ending the call, I slipped my phone away before changing lanes and curving onto an exit just off the side of the road.

Minutes later I arrived at Bay and as expected it was empty, just how I wanted it to be. Parking my car, I opened the glove compartment, taking out my gun and placing it behind me before stepping out.

Lighting a cigarette, keeping my jacket close to my chest, I waited rather impatiently for Moshe to show up. Taking in a long drag, I ghosted it out, a perfect ring of smoke emitting from my lips before it whirled with the wind.

“What’s so urgent that we had to do this in broad daylight, Kwon?” I snapped my head around to see the guy I’ve been waiting for.

“Quit the smartass comments before I shove my fist so far down your throat, you’ll be begging for oxygen on the floor.” I spat, my eyes like knives through his.

Moshe instantly froze, not saying another word aside from a low mutter of an apology.

“Now,” I hissed. “I called you down here because I need you to keep an eye on my girl. I’ve got a hit tonight and dangerous doesn’t even begin to describe it. He’s got tabs on her and I can’t have him trying to take her. Do you understand?”

He locked a hand around his left wrist, his hands tightly pressed against his stomach. “You want me to stand on guard?”

“Yes.”

He shrugged, “No problem”

“Only thing is, she can’t see you. There’s an old beat-up place near the back of her house in view of her room that’s where you’ll be staying to make sure no one goes in, you hear?”

“Loud and clear”

“Good.” Taking a wad of cash from my pocket, I held it in front of his face. When he reached for it, I pulled back. “Ah, ah, ah,” I chuckled, shaking my head. “You’ll get this once I know for sure my girls safe.”

Keeping his hands to himself, Moshe pressed his lips together. “You got it boss.”

“Alright, I’ve got to head out now. Get your to the house and don’t be late.” Just as I began to leave, I stop to turn around. “Oh and I suggest keeping your eyes closed when my girl changes and if I even find out the er put his hands on her while you were standing guard, breathing will be the least of you worries.” I warned; my eyes boring into his with all seriousness before completely walking away.

--

“Where the hell have you been this entire time?” Young Bae called out just the second I walked in through the front door.

“Well hello to you too.” I sarcastically replied with a roll of my eyes, slipping my jacket off and throwing it to the side.

“Cut the crap Kwon, we’ve got to get our together if we want tonight to be perfect and we can’t have you delaying on us.” Young Bae scolded like a father, his body towering over mine.

I shot him a look of annoyance. “You don’t think I know that dip? I had a few things to take care of first. Last time I checked, this was my girl I was protecting, not yours. I think I know where my priorities lie.”

“Last time,” Young Bae grabbed me by my shirt, slamming me against the wall in fury as he held me against it, “I checked, I didn’t have to help a good for nothing like you either but I still decided to.”

My eyes bored into his, all the anger and frustrations I’ve had built inside of me about ready to burst and within seconds, I tore Young Bae’s hands off of me, grabbing him by the neck before placing a solid punch across his face and throwing him against the other side of the room. “Touch me again and I swear to ing God Young Bae, I’ll murder you too.” I barked, my chest quickly moving up and down.

“Whoa, cool it!” Seung Hyun spat, putting both his hands in front of us to stop us from attacking one another again. “We can’t have you too beating the out of each other before we even get the chance to do it to Luke. You want to kill yourselves? Do it after tonight. I don’t give a but not now. We need to keep our heads together.”

“Who made you Ghandi, wanting to keep all the peace?” I huffed a breath, straightening my clothes out as I ran a hand repeatedly through my hair.

“ off with the sarcasm Ji-Yong.” Seung Hyun vouched with irritation. “I’ve had about enough of your bull too. Calm down and ing relax. We’re only hours away from our biggest hit and you’re going off getting into fights with everyone.”

I laughed, shaking my head. “You make it sound like it is so easy Seung Hyun.” my lips, I scoffed. “Try being in my shoes for a god damn day—” I paused, deciding to rephrase myself. “Nah, a god damn hour and then come and talk to me about trying to calm down.”

“I know you’re going through a lot. Hell, man, we all are! But you can’t keep losing yourself under the pressure.”

“There’s a difference between you and I, Seung Hyun.” I hissed, my jaw twitching. “You don’t have a hit that determines your life tonight, you don’t have a girl waiting at home having no clue about what’s going down tonight, you don’t have your enemy keeping tabs on your girl and you certainly don’t have all this ing crap on your shoulders so excuse me if I’m a little worn out from it all.”

“, man… what do you mean he’s keeping tabs on her?” Seung Hyun stared at me with the same exact look he did that night he found out Jazzy died—sympathy, compassion… sadness; realization of my pain.

I swallowed, looking away. “You know how I told you that he knows what she was wearing?” When he nodded, I continued. “Yeah well when I went to check on her it turns out he was right. She was wearing exactly what he said she was.”

“…” Seung Hyun spat disgustingly to himself, feeling guilt rise up in his stomach from his outburst towards me.

“That’s not all.” I my lips, latching my teeth onto my bottom lip as I stared off towards the slowly darkening sky outside. “He came into her room in the middle of the night.”

“Weren’t you there?”

I shook my head. “I had already left.”

“.”

“Dara told me she felt someone touching her hair but she didn’t see the person because when she opened her eyes they weren’t there anymore.” I balled my hands into tight fists.

“Jesus Christ…” Seung Hyun shook his head, rubbing the base of his neck with the palm of his hand. “What are you going to do?”

“I called Moshe and set him on lookout for Dara across from her house. He’s there now watching out for her.” I turned to Young Bae who was cautiously staring at us both, his cheek a bit swelled up from my punch. “That’s why I was a bit late coming back home.” I bitterly shot at him with a scowl on my lips.

“I’m sorry, okay?” Young Bae walked over to us. “I know you’re going through a lot but we’re trying our best to make share tonight goes as planned. I know what the bastard did to you and I want him to pay as much as you do, trust me.”

“I know you’re just doing your job but I don’t have time for smartasses right now. I had to make sure Dara was safe from Luke’s sick games so I wouldn’t have to worry about them tonight.”

Clapping a hand to my back, Young Bae nodded. “I understand man, we all do.”

“Thanks for doing this. I appreciate it and I’m sure Dara does too.”

Knowingly smiling, Young Bae pulled back. “We’ve got your back till the end man, you know that.”

I chuckled. “I feel like such a girl right now.”

Seung Hyun laughed, rolling his eyes. “Of course you do. God forbid guys show feelings too.”

I shot him a look of amusement. “I’m sorry Seung Hyun. Would you like to sit down on the couch while you gossip about girls and we paint each other’s nails?” I bated my eyelashes, talking in a high-pitched voice trying to mimic one of a girl.

“I get it.” Seung Hyun chuckled, putting his hands up in surrender to my teasing.

The ringing of my cellphone cut through the comfortable silence that fell amongst us. Taking my phone out, I glanced at the screen to see Dara’s name pop up. Putting a finger up, I unlocked my phone, pressing it to my ear. “Hello?”

“Okay so I told my mom that you were coming and she’s set on making one heck of a dinner. I hope you like fish, pasta, chicken, steak, rice and pork because she’s making it all.” She giggled happily into the receiver and I couldn’t help but smile at her excitement despite the brewing of guilt in my stomach.

“That’s great babe.” I cleared my throat. “I’m sure whatever your mom makes is amazing, I’ll eat it all if it means making her happy.”

Young Bae gave me a look of puzzlement, wanting to know what was going on.

“I told her not to make so much food because you can only eat so much but she insisted on making this dinner perfect so whatever.” She laughed lightly and I could just picture the look of the utmost glee on her face.

“Don’t worry about it babe. Let her cook as much as she wants, it’s ok. I’ll be happy to take some back to the guys after if there’s anything left over.” I cleared my throat, avoiding Seung Hyun and Young Bae’s eyes on me.

“Oh, okay.” She paused for a second, shuffling through something. “I also don’t know what to wear.”

“Babe, you’re at home, wear whatever you want. You look beautiful in anything, anyways so it doesn’t matter.” I settled my back against the wall.

“Thanks.” She sheepishly replied, a blush most likely crawling up her cheeks.

I smirked, knowing of the effect I had on her even when I wasn’t there.

“What are you wearing?”

I shuffled on my feet, biting the inside of my cheek. “I don’t know. Probably a pair of jeans and a button down; gotta keep the good boy image if I want to keep your parents sure about us.”

“They’re sure, don’t worry.” There was another hiatus in which Dara opened a door and called out to someone. I waited patiently until she returned back to our call. “I gotta go, I’ll see you later, right?”

“Yeah, see you babe.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

The call ended and I was left staring at the screen of my phone, wishing I could truly be there with her right now.

“What the hell was that all about?” Young Bae walked over to me, obvious disappointment in his eyes.

I shrugged, putting my phone away. “I had to have her mind on something positive for once, alright? She couldn’t know about tonight this is the only way I know she’s safe from harm.”

“Lying to your girl isn’t the way to go Ji-Yong and you know that. Who knows what time we’ll be back from the hit?”

“I rather disappoint her in not showing up then have her worrying about whether or not I’ll die tonight!” I barked, shutting Young Bae up immediately. “I know Dara and I know that she won’t just stay home and worry she’ll try to stop it and I can’t have her getting in the crossfire.” Shoving past him, I ran my fingers through my hair, pulling at the top. “Besides by the time it’s over I’ll probably be able to make it.”

“It’ll be late by the time we’re done.”

“I’m better late than sorry, right? I already warned her I might be late anyways. She won’t suspect a thing. I just can’t have myself worrying about killing Luke and making sure Dara doesn’t get hurt. She needs something positive, okay? I can’t take this away from her. She’s been through a lot and you know that.”

Young Bae took a deep breath, inhaling sharply before letting it out. “Alright, we don’t have time to argue about this. It’s nearing sun down and we have to start getting everything together.” his lips, Young Bae swallowed. “I suggest you shut your phone off because we can’t have any more interruptions. Tonight has to go perfect.”

I nodded my head, doing as I was told. After I shut it off, I looked up at Young Bae. “Let’s go.” And together each of us walked off.


Hours later, we were finally packed and dressed, ready to go. I fixed my shirt in the mirror, sliding on the gloves on my hands. Tightening and untightening my fists, I took a deep breath.

“You ready?” Seung Hyun pressed a comforting hand to my shoulder, a thin lipped smile on her face.

I nodded. “It’s about time the er pays for what he put us all through.” Turning away from the mirror, I grabbed my duffle bag on the floor. “Where are all the other guys?”

“Heading out to the car, they sent me to get you.”

I took another look around the room, exiting it and walking down the stairs with Seung Hyun close behind. Just as I made it to the bottom of the stairs, ready to make it out the front door, I checked my phone one last time, wondering whether or not I should call Dara before I left, just to hear her voice.

“The faster we get this done, the sooner you can go back to your girl and hold her in your arms.” Seung Hyun smiled reassuringly.

Putting my phone away, I took a deep breath. “Yeah,” I nodded, “You’re right. Come on, let’s go.”

Regular Point of View:

Ji-Yong walked out of the house with Seung Hyun, the both of them carrying duffle bags as they threw them in the trunk of their Black SUV. Slamming it shut, they each walked over to the front before settling themselves inside.

“This is it.” Young Bae started the car as it roared to life. “We’re finally bringing the bastard down.” Pulling out of the driveway, Young Bae skidded onto the street, zooming down various lanes, the outside blurred from how fast he was driving.

With each passing second that went by, the anticipation built up inside of Ji-Yong and he couldn’t wait to handle Luke once and for all.

Minutes later, Young Bae slowed the car down to a stop near the peer. Putting it into park, he took the keys out. “You boys ready?”

Ji-Yong pursed his lips, his jaw locked tight. “As ready as I’ll ever be.” Taking the gun from the back of his pants, Ji-Yong made sure it had its bullets inside before shuffling it to a close and putting it back where he got it from. his lips, Ji-Yong opened the door, stepping out into the cold air, Daesung and Seungri following soon after.

Once Young Bae and Seung Hyun made it out, they all grabbed their designated weapons knowing of the various schemes that come with situations like this.

When they each had some sort of protection of their own, Ji-Yong smirked, knowing the fun was just about ready to begin. “It’s show time, boys.”

Walking in a pack, staying close within each other’s space, their heads held high, Ji-Yong lead the pack to the center of the peer, knowing Luke was either there or close to showing up.

As expected, various figures emitted themselves from the shadows, Luke being one of them to reveal himself to Ji-Yong’s deadly eyes.

Demise crossed in the hazel mixture of chocolate in Ji-Yong’s eyes as they transformed into pools of darkness, black substituting all color. Anger pulsed inside Ji-Yong’s veins, his heartbeat picking up.

“You made it.” Luke smirked. “Didn’t think you’d actually know how to UN-attach yourself from your girl. You’ve been up her so much lately I’m surprised she didn’t leave you a long time ago.”

“I think it would be smart if you leave my girls name out of this Delgado. You’ve already dug yourself a deep enough grave I don’t think you want to add onto it.” Ji-Yong hissed, calming himself down enough not to attack Luke right then and there.

“If you haven’t already noticed Kwon, I’m not afraid of you.” A sick smile twisted on his lips. “You’re in my eyes and nothing you say or will stop me. I can mention Dara’s name as much as I want. Want to know why?” He paused for effect, smiling. “Because I’ll be the one whose name she’ll be once I kill you.”

Ji-Yong kept his hands placed firmly at his sides, already knowing of the sick mind games Luke was going to play. He had mentally prepared himself for this and refused to lose his cool too early in the game.

“She’s got a sweet body too, you know. Nice pair of and an to hold onto, it’s a shame you weren’t there when I caressed her body in my hands.” Luke bit his lip, shaking his head. “No wonder you’re so caught up in her, she’s definitely a keeper and I’m sure she’s a good .”

All color drained from his face, the blood in his system icing over.

“What? You speechless, Kwon? I’m sure you must have known that I was there.” He smirked. “I mean that’s why you sent someone to watch over her right?”

Ji-Yong froze, not knowing what to say or do. Swallowing, he narrowed his eyes. “What the did you do?” He growled, pissed out of his mind.

Luke shrugged carelessly. “I killed the bastard when he wasn’t looking. Shame that he didn’t know I was behind him.” A wicked grin pulled up on his face. “I stayed for the show though.”

“What show?” Ji-Yong hissed, his patience of keeping calm running thin.

“Dara happened to be dressing at the same time I killed your little watch dog and I thought to myself: what kind of person would I be if I didn’t watch? So I stood there and observed your girl as she undressed herself in front of my eyes. Too bad she didn’t know I was looking, right?”

“You sick son of a !” Ji-Yong barked and with that, he raged forwards, drawing first blood and instantly all hell broke loose between both groups.

Seung Hyun grabbed the collar of one of Luke’s men, slamming the base of his gun to the side of his head and throwing him carelessly on the floor where he kicked his stomach multiple times before beating the crap out of him.

Young Bae meanwhile grabbed two guys by the neck the moment they charged towards him and pulled them up from the ground, their feet dangling above before slamming their backs to the floor, their bodies instantly falling limp.

Daesung and Daesung worked head to head, teaming up against the few who decided to take them on, continuously ramming their fists into their faces, switching on and off between the both of them, lading a quick kick to each guys face.

Severely pounding Luke’s face in with his fists, Ji-Yong was thrown off as Luke dodged a hit and landed a solid punch to Ji-Yong’s nose, blood gushing from the side Ji-Yong’s head flew.

Spitting blood, Ji-Yong rammed his knee into Luke’s stomach causing him to double over before slamming him to the ground. “That’s what you get for laying a hand on my girl!” Ji-Yong yelled, not even paying attention to the amount of blood loss Luke was currently experiencing.

Blocking several punches, Luke threw Ji-Yong off, ramming his knee into his back causing Ji-Yong to arch, his face uncovered, giving Luke the freedom to land a couple severe punches, slicing Ji-Yong’s eyebrow, blood gushing from the open wound.

Slamming his elbow into the side of Luke’s face, Ji-Yong threw him off before knocking himself down on top of him, his knuckles busted from the amount of marks he caused on Luke’s face but at this point, he didn’t give a damn. All Ji-Yong could think about was Dara’s pained face all the times Luke inflicted hurting on her.

When Luke barely put up a fight, Ji-Yong shuffled to his feet, wiping the blood from his nose. Staring down at Luke’s broken nature, he slid the gun from behind the band of his jeans, slowly pulling it out in front of him, giving Luke a clear view of what was about to happen.

Luke stared up at the gun in Ji-Yong’s hand expressionless, wincing—due to the damages Ji-Yong had done to him—every time he took a breath.

“This could have been avoided Delgado if you just would’ve listened to me when I said to stay out of my turf and away from my girl.” Scoffing, he shook his head, a look of pure victory on his face.

“Ji-Yong, don’t!” Various voices barked from behind but Ji-Yong was too caught up in what was going on to happen to pay any devotion towards them whatsoever but those voices calling out to him didn’t stop, they tried again and again to capture his attention, to stop him from making a mistake.

“Looks like I’m keeping my throne Delgado.” his lips, Ji-Yong smirked. Clicking the tab on the gun back, he aimed for Luke’s chest. “Tell Parker I said hi in hell.”

“I’ll see you there.” Luke spluttered out, blood coming from his mouth as nothing but ease filled his eyes, his own source of triumph overshadowing his face.

Without even a second thought, Ji-Yong pulled the trigger, shooting Luke in the chest.

“Remember,” He paused, an arm pressed around his lower stomach as he held the gun up with the other hand. “They don’t call me danger for nothing.” He mused watching as Luke’s eyes faltered to a close, his hand falling limp at his side.

Before Ji-Yong had the chance to shower in his accomplishment, heaps of bright lights blinded his eyes.

“Put your hands up where I can see them!” A sharp voice barked from nearby causing Ji-Yong to snap his head up in complete shock. “Now, Kwon!” He spat harshly into the bullhorn, his voice echoing inside Ji-Yong’s ears and it was then that he noticed several cop cars were surrounding him.

Ji-Yong swallowed, breathing deeply as he looked all around him to see the guys being handled by cops as well.

Ji-Yong raised his arms in the air, his hands in clear view, knowing there was no way out of this. He was caught red handed.

“Drop the weapon!” The bald officer, whom Ji-Yong deciphered to be the same one that came to his house and ended up being at the scene of the diner, bellowed and Ji-Yong did as told, tossing the metal to the side as it clattered on the floor.

“Put your hands behind your head!” He ordered watching as Ji-Yong slowly put his hands behind his head, turning to show the officers when he was attacked from behind, a cop taking hold of his arms and slamming him down to the concrete ground, his cheek pressed up against the floor, a knee holding him down while they placed a pair of hand cuffed around his wrists.

“You have a right to remain silent. Anything you say or do will be held against you in the court of law…”

Dara’s Point of View:

“Sweetheart, can you help set the table?” My mom asked, staring over at me with gleaming eyes that mimicked mine.

I smiled, nodding. “Sure mom.” Grabbing five plates along with forks, spoons and napkins to go with them, I walked into the dining room where I began placing a plate in front of each chair, a spoon and fork right after I put a napkin down, setting them on top, repeating the process with the other four chairs before walking back over to my mom in the kitchen.

“Are you nervous?” She asked me when I entered after noticing how fidgety I was.

“No… yes… kinda,” I giggled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. “I just want tonight to go perfect, you know?”

“I know sweetheart. You have nothing to worry about, alright? Your father and I are just as excited as you are. It’s about time we were all on the same page.”

“You’re telling me.” I giggled, smiling broadly up at her.

Playfully rolling her eyes at me, she shook her head. “Come on; let’s put the food down on table.” Taking two plates, one filled with chicken, the other with steak, handing one over to me, we both walked into the dining room, settling them down next to each other on the table before walking back and grabbing the pasta, salad, fish and bread.

Once everything was on the table, me and my mom settled back to look at our masterpiece. “We set it up perfectly.” I gushed in enthusiasm, clapping my hands in approval.

“We sure did.” Putting an arm around me, she pulled me into her side, rubbing my shoulder comfortingly. “You look absolutely breathtaking, honey. Ji-Yong is going to lose himself once he sets his eyes on you.” My mom smiled down at me, gushing like any other mom would when their daughter was going on their very first date.

I blushed. “Thanks mom.”

“Anytime sweetie,” Pressing her lips to my temple, she pulled away. “Would you mind shutting the television off? Your father went upstairs to freshen up and I suppose he forgot to do it himself.”

“Sure,” Beaming at my mom, I walked into the living room and over to the TV. Looking around for the remote, I found it lying on the arm of the couch. Grabbing it, I turned to face the TV; ready to shut it off when a loud beeping was heard, the words SPECIAL REPORT flashing on the screen.

Furrowing my eyebrows I watched as our local news reporter came on, papers in hand, a stern look on her face. “We interrupt this program to inform you all that it was brought to our attention just moments before that local gangster Ji-Yong Kwon branded Danger,” A headshot of Ji-Yong was zoomed into the screen, “was brought into custody this evening on murder charges against Lucas Delgado.” A headshot of Luke was now zoomed in and then plastered next to Ji-Yong’s. “For further information on the incident, stay tuned for a press conference being given by our very own Governor Geoffrey Coleman…”

All color drained from my face, the remote control I held in my hand sliding from my grip as it came crashing against the floor. My stomach churned painfully, chest tightening, throat going dry as tears whelmed up in my eyes.

Shaking my head, I cupped a hand to my mouth in complete tremor as I backed away from the TV. My mom called out to me several times but I was too shocked to notice or even care. It felt as though all the walls around me were coming to a close and I was being suffocated.

Gasping for air, I pressed another hand to my chest, tears whelmed up in my eyes as they fought to fall. Not being able to believe what I had just heard, I took one final inhale, all of this too much to handle as I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to block everything out.

Without so much as a warning, my eyes rolled back, body falling limp as my head came in contact with the hard wooded floors, immediate blackness taking over. The faint calling of my name being called the last thing I heard before passing out.

THE END