Chapter 21

Danger

Wow... 21 chapters already ?! that went by fast ....

****************************************************************************

Did I just practically have with Kwon Ji-Yong?

I think I just did and I don’t know what to do with myself.
Maybe I should do what Blair Waldorf did on Gossip Girl when she lost her ity to Chuck--visit on a priest at the local church and confess my sins.
Come to think of it, that wouldn’t work because my parents knew everyone at the church and if they found out what happened between Ji-Yong and I, I’d be screwed big time. Forget about me being grounded, I’d be shunned from the world and locked up like an animal if they found out.
Maybe I could tell Bom…
Ha, yeah right. She’d probably piss her pants and have a heart attack and the last thing I needed was to drive her to the hospital and have to explain why she fainted in the first place.
I guess the safest thing to do was keep my mouth shut and try to handle this as calmly as possible.
So far, that wasn’t working out well.
Maybe if I have some holy water thrown on me, it’ll all go away.
… I watch too much TV for my own good.
The soft rumbling from the tires running over the rocks on the road brought me back to reality as I sat in Ji-Yong’s car with my legs pressed together and my hands on my thighs.
Ji-Yong kept his eyes on the road, concentrating on that while he whistled to his own beat.
How can the er be so calm about this?
Here I was practically having a mental breakdown while he’s acting as if nothing happened between us.
Men. I scoffed. I will never understand them. Even if I wanted to.
“What’s wrong with you?” Ji-Yong’s voice pulled me out of my train of thoughts as I snapped my head to look at him.
Is he seriously asking me that right now? How dumb could he possibly be? “Nothing.” I mumbled.
Ji-Yong chuckled humorlessly. “Obviously it’s something so why don’t we cut the bull and just cut to the chase?” He pulled his eyes away from the road to look at me, his gaze making me shift uncomfortably in the seat reminding me of the first time I ever sat in here.
“Just thinking about things, I guess.” I shrugged, looking out the window again. I know I was being vague but I really didn’t feel the need to bring up the current topic that was eating me up alive inside. I feel that if I did, things would immensely get awkward between us and the last thing I needed was for him to be a mute.
Then again, come to think of it, that might not actually be a bad thing…
“Like what?” He looked out onto the road again. Tucking his left knee under the steering wheel, using it to steer while he dug into the pocket of his leather jacket, pulling out a cigarette and a lighter. Lighting the cigarette up, he layered it between his lips before taking his knee out from under the wheel and replacing it with his hand.
Taking a drag from the smoke, he wheeled down the window a smudge to let the smolder escape from the opening and out onto the fresh air outside.
“I don’t know…” I mumbled. “Just… things I guess.” I shrugged.
Ji-Yong arched a brow, looking at me for a split second before turning away. “You guess?” He shook his head. “Obviously you should know what you’re thinking about.” He took another drag of his cigarette, locking it in before letting it out into a perfect ring of smoke.
I bit onto my bottom lip and immediately when I did, I let out a frustrated growl, remembering that was how we ended up doing what we did back in the warehouse in the first place.
“Seriously Dara ?” Ji-Yong swerved the car to a abrupt stop. “What is wrong with you?” He turned around completely as he stared at the side of my face, burning holes into it.

Ji-Yong’s POV:

This girl is going to be the ing death of me.
She’s so ing confusing.
One second she’s throwing insults at me, the next she’s being humorous then after that she’s quiet and timid and then she gets all hot and bothered and before we know it, we’re making out.
Is that what girls do now? Is it a part of their way of life? Because if so, I don’t want any part of it.
After what happened back in the warehouse--which I admit was the hottest thing considering I didn’t know she had it in her.
I mean, I knew she was smoking hot and a helluva good kisser but I didn’t think we’d actually go that far as we did.
Well, not until she wanted me to.
This time, I wasn’t the one calling the shots. It was her.
Usually like that would annoy me (or any guy in general) but in this particular situation I found it to be as y as .
Especially when Dara isn’t like all the other girls.
Anyways, she’s been quiet ever since and the is anything but quiet. Even when I took her back at the party, she didn’t shut up.
I felt myself glancing at her, taking her in from head to toe. Her hair was a big disheveled and her shirt was wrinkled but other than that she looked… fine.
When I was done looking at her, I noticed that she kinda zoned out but I didn’t pay much attention to it until she made a some sort of a sound that came out like a scoff.
I asked her what was wrong and she ended up telling me it was nothing that she was just thinking about things.
Usually I wouldn’t give a damn what girls thought about as long as I got what I wanted in the end--which was a quick , possibly more than a round--but there was something about her that always got me curious.
I couldn’t take it anymore. It was driving me up a wall.
“Seriously Dara?” I swerved the car to an abrupt stop. “What is wrong with you?” I turned around completely, staring at the side of her face, waiting until she looked at me too.
“Nothing.” She shrugged.
I scoffed. “Really? We’re going to do this again?” I fought the urge to roll my eyes.
“Do what?” She spat, turning to look at me now.
“This!” I raised my voice a bit. “Trying to push past whatever it is that’s bugging you. I hate it.” I seethed through a sharp breath.
“Why can’t you just let it go?” She hissed through gritted teeth.
“I can’t.”
“Why not?” She looked at me incredulously.
“Because I know something’s bothering you and you’re being a stubborn and just won’t tell me what it is.”
“So we’re going back to doing this again?” She mimicked me with narrowed eyes.
“Going back to doing what?” I sneered.
“Name calling.” She crossed her arms against her chest.
“Maybe if you would act like a normal girl for once I wouldn’t have the urge to call you ‘names’” I put an emphasis on the word names while breathing in deeply.
She was getting me worked up over nothing.
She shook her head. “You know what?” She spat.
“What?”
“I don’t have time for this.” Unbuckling her seatbelt she threw it off of her before opening the door to the car.
“What are you doing?!”
“Getting away from you.” She got out of the car before slamming the door shut.
This .
Groaning, I pulled the keys out of the ignition before opening the door and slamming it shut just like she did seconds ago. “Where do you think you’re going?”
“Anywhere as long as it’s far away from you.” She shot back at me, while trudging her way across the street.
I followed hot on her heels. “What the is wrong with you?”
She stopped walking. “Me?” She turned around, her hair whipping around and smacking her in the face.
“Yes, you.” I hissed.
She faked a laugh. “I think the question here buddy is what is wrong with you.”
I laughed. “I’m perfectly fine babe. Never been better.”
“Ugh!” She stomped her foot to the ground. “Can you just for one second stop taking everything as a joke?”
“Who said I’m taking this as a joke? You’re being the biggest on the planet, I’m just trying to ease the mood instead of having you sink it down.”
“You’re unbelievable, you know that?” She screamed in frustration.
I smirked. “I know, I’ve been told.” I sent her a sultry wink.
She grimaced. “You disgust me Kwon.”
“Oh really? Then why did you me back at the warehouse babe?” I grinned mischievously.
I had to admit, pushing her buttons was the highlight of my day.
She stood there with her chest heaving up and down, anger radiating off her skin and burning fuel into the air (not literally, but you know what I mean). “Don’t call me that.”
“Why not?”
“Because I’m not your ‘babe’ nor will I ever be.” She spat, her eyes hard upon mine.
This made me lose it.
“Ha, that’s funny considering the fact that we’ve almost ed back at the warehouse--”
“Can you stop brining that up?!” She yelled.
“Why not? Can’t accept the truth?” I raised my eyebrows at her.
“Except the truth of what?” She looked at me as if I had five heads.
“Of what we did.” I stated a matter-of-factly.
“Last time I checked, we didn’t do anything.” She hissed.
“Oh? So you releasing yourself to me was nothing?” I stared at her long and hard. She had nothing to say. “Exactly. Now, why don’t we skip this whole charade and get back in the car already? I’m starving.”
“Well that for you, doesn’t it? Because I’m not going anywhere with you.”
“What the do you mean you’re not going anywhere with me? Where could you possibly go?” I threw my hands in the air.
“Somewhere your not.” She gave me a once over before turning and beginning to walk away.
I watched as she began making her way down the path into the forest. I inwardly groaned. She was going to get herself killed.
I sighed. “Wait!”
“What?!” She yelled, her face red from all the anger built up inside of her.
“Don’t go.” I mumbled.
She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. “What?”
“I said don’t go.”
Her face fell. “Why not?”
I latched my teeth onto my bottom lip, scratching the back of my neck. “I don’t know…” I muttered, looking away.
She scoffed at this. “You see? This is what I mean!” She threw her hands in the air just like I had before.
I just stared at her, wondering what she was going on about now.
“You act like a ing one second then the next you’re all… nice.” She shook her head. “I don’t get you.”
“What’s there to get anyways?”
“A lot.”
I let out a deep breath. “Just come back so we can go get something to eat. Okay?”
“No.” She responded almost immediately.
That’s it. I’ve had enough. “Fine. You want to stay here? Go right ahead. I’m not stopping you. For once, I was trying to do the noble thing and actually save your again but if you want to walk alone in the woods and get killed then so be it.” I began walking backwards. “I’m done trying.” Turning, I began making my way towards my car when I heard a light mutter from behind me.
After a few seconds, the silence broke and Dara’s voice spoke up once more. “What do you want from me?”
I skidded to a stop but decided not to turn around as I waited for her to elaborate on that.
“What is it that you want, Ji-Yong?” Desperation was laced within her words.
I turned around. “What are you talking about?”
“You know damn well what I’m talking about.” She began walking over to me. “One second, you want to kill me, the next you save me then we fight, you call me names, then you act as if nothing happened, you apologize and then the cycle repeats and now you want me to go with you after what just happened?” She shook her head. “I just don’t get it. It seems like there’s something that just isn’t right with you. What is it that you want from me? What’ll make you happy? Huh?” She was now standing in front of me. “Do you want me to leave? Is that what you want? Do you want me to leave you alone?”
I stared at her with wide eyes, taking in all that she said to me. I felt my stomach churn painfully as I stared into her synthetic blue eyes. “No.” I whispered.
“Then what do you want?” She assumed. “Do you want me to stay?”
I my lips, not taking my eyes off of her. After a few seconds, I shook my head. “No.”
Her face fell into a knowing frown. “Then what is it?”
Despite the pull at my insides, I couldn’t help myself. My head was telling me one thing--not to do this. To let her go and forget what happened between us--but my (as corny as this was) heart was telling me to stick around.
“Wanna know what I want?” I spoke aloud. Finally letting my pride go as I let the truth sink into me.
She kept quiet as her eyes searched mine.
I hooked an arm around her waist. “I want you.” I whispered before crashing my lips against hers.
At first she fought against it but within seconds, she caved in, wrapping her arms around my neck as she pulled me closer. Things got a bit heated as time passed; my tongue fighting with hers for dominance until I pulled away, our chests moving up and down rapidly, our breathing rate uneven.
Pressing my forehead against hers, I my lips, savoring her taste. Looking into her eyes for what felt like an eternity, I realized that the pain in my stomach subsided and my body felt at ease. I couldn’t help but chuckle.
“What’s so funny?” She looked up at me, her hands on my shoulders.
I shook my head, looking out into the sky before retrieving my eyes back over to her. “Seung Hyun was right.”
She furrowed her eyebrows together. “Seung Hyun?”
“Yeah, Seung Hyun. He’s one of the guys.”
She nodded her head in understanding. “What did he say?” She looked at me curiously.
I smiled. “That I like you.”
Her eyes widened a bit, her teeth biting into her bottom lip. “And?” She looked up at me with hopeful eyes.
I smirked. “He was right.”

**************************************

OMG THE MOMENT HAS COME <3

-Myung_Joon