Chapter 39

Danger

Ji-Yong’s Point of View:


“There is no way I’m working with him!” I barked. “Bombs or no bombs, we can find someoneelse to do it!” I sneered, my stubbornness getting the best of me.
Young Bae heavily sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Cut the bull, Kwon. I’m the only one capable of doing it and doing it right and you know that.” Jason interjected.

“I don’t give a damn! I rather have it all go wrong then have to work with a son of a like you!” I spat venomously.

“God damn it Jason!” Young Bae yelled. “Do you want to get rid of Luke or not?”

“Of course I do! What kind of question is that?!” I stared up at him incredulously.
Young Bae however ignored me, shaking his head disapprovingly. “Then stop being a and let the kid help!”

“No.” I hissed.
“For s sake!” Jason groaned, throwing himself on the couch opposite me, sitting beside Daesung and Seung Hyun.
I sent him a death glare. “Shut up.”
He rolled his eyes, obviously not in the mood to pick a fight with me.

“Don’t you want to get rid of the bastard who tried to not only kill you but your girl? I don’t care what your issue is with McCann, think about Selena and her safety.”

I inwardly growled, knowing he was right. Rubbing my hands together, I bit my lip contemplating the thought. Curse Young Bae and his knowledge of knowing exactly what to say to get me to agree.
If I didn’t get rid of Luke, he’d come after us once more. It was now or never.

Sighing, I looked up at Young Bae. “Alright but only for Dara’s sake.”
Young Bae slumped his shoulders, glad I finally made up my mind. “Thank you.” He breathed out.

Jason instantly sprang up in his seat, curiosity pulling at his features. “Dara? 
Who’s Dara?”

I snapped my head over to face him. “Don’t even think about it McCann.” I warned.
Jason smirked, putting his hands up defensively. “I was just asking.”
I scowled, looking away.

“Is she your new toy?” Jason chuckled, thinking he was being funny as he expected everyone to laugh along with him but he was slightly taken back when the air grew still and all eyes stared warily at both him and I.

“You better watch your mouth McCann.” I warned.

“Getting defensive, I see?” Jason shook his head, bewildered. “She must be really good in bed if you’re getting that worked up.”

I didn’t hesitate before I sprang to my feet. “Didn’t I say to shut that mouth of yours?” I sneered, my lips curling into a snarl.
Upon noticing my demeanor, Seung Hyun quickly stood up, grabbing a hold of my arms as he held me back. “Calm down man.”

Jason chuckled. “Aw, Kwon boy got himself a girlfriend? How cute.” He teased menacingly.
“Shut up.” I spat, wanting nothing more than to blow his head off.
“Geez, Kwon,” Jason smirked. “I’m just joking. No need to get your briefs in a twist.”

I pulled out of Seung Hyun’s hold on me. “Yeah? Well, I’m not in the mood for your pathetic excuse of a joke. Just go ing go do what you unfortunately came here to do and get the hell out.”

“Remember Kwon, I came here to help you. Have some respect.” Jason got just as nasty as I did, his eyes hard on mine as he held a cold stare.
I shrugged. “I never asked for you to be here to begin with so I don’t give a damn besides, you’re only staying here to work my nerves and make a name for yourself.”

“I already got a name for myself, Kwon and if I were you, I’d watch what you say unless you want me to blow you up.” He threatened.
“Save the threats for someone who’s pathetic enough to believe them.”

“You know what I’m capable of Kwon. Don’t play tough guy.” Jason spat at me, anger riveting within his veins.

“And I know, you know, what I’m capable of, McCann.” I countered.

“Alright boys,” Young Bae cut in between us, knowing that things were going to get heated if he didn’t. “Enough is enough.”
“He started it.” I muttered.

“What are we? Five?” Jason hissed.
I bit down on my tongue, not wanting to say something that’ll cause another fight to occur between us. As much as I love ing with Jason, I needed him to get the bombs ready for when we put the hit on Luke.
“Anyways,” Young Bae emphasized. “Did you bring your things?”

“Yeah, I already got the equipment. Just give me a room, a few hours and all should be good.” Jason grinned.
“You can take the basement then.” Young Bae stated as he held an arm out, pulling Jason alongside him as he made his way out of the living area and towards the back stairs that led to his designated working space.
Turning around, I ran my fingers through my hair. “That kid is testing my patience.” I muttered.
Daesung chuckled. “You were ready to kill him.”
Seung Hyun sighed. “You need to contain your anger, Kwon. You know he only does that to push your buttons.”
“Yeah and you let him win every time.” Marcus shook his head.

“I can’t help it, alright? He knows just the words to say that would piss me off and talking about Dara like that was the first straw.”

“Well, you can’t blame the dude. You were a bit of a man- back in the day.” Daesung mumbled causing me to snap my head towards him.

“What did you say?” I growled lowly.
“Nothing…” Daesung quickly muttered.

Seung Hyun let out a much needed breath, knowing just what this was going to cause.

“Liar.” I snarled. “Why don’t you repeat what you said man?” I tested him.
“Calm down Ji-Yong,” Seung Hyun warned.

Ignoring him, I humorously laughed. “Nah, let the er repeat himself. What are you afraid of? Say it.” I demanded.
The room grew quiet with tension.

“I said that you can’t blame Jason. You used to be one to get around back then.” Daesung mumbled, shifting his gaze away from my deadly one.
I let out a sharp laugh. “Funny.” I muttered. “I love how your taking his side.”

“I’m taking no one’s side man. You’re my bro but I was just stating the obvious.” 

Daesung defended himself.

I shook my head. “Whatever,” Pushing past him, I made my way out of the room and outside, feeling myself growing hot with anticipation and inching to start a fight.

I took a whiff of the cold air outside, running my hands furiously up and down my face before running them through my hair and pulling at the ends. Letting out a bark of annoyance, I hissed at the anticipation building up inside of me. It’s been a while since I fought someone and I was dying to test it out.

Brushing my hands against the side of the house, it didn’t take long before I pulled away and then moved back forwards, throwing my fist there causing it to dent. Almost immediately I felt a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders. Biting my lip, I didn’t stop myself from throwing several hits to the side of the house, letting out all my frustrations.
Just as I was about to throw another fist, my phone began vibrating inside my pocket. I wasn’t going to answer it until it continued to vibrate and I was growing annoyed. Rolling my eyes, I pulled my iPhone out, pressing it to my ear without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?” I spat.

“Ji-Yong?”

I froze at the all too familiar voice. “Dara?”

“Hey…”

“Hey…” I my lips. “Sorry for snapping at you. I didn’t know it was you when I answered my phone…” I trailed off awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

“That’s alright.”

A silence fell amongst us.

“So… why did you call? Not that I‘m complaining…” I chuckled lowly.
Dara laughed slightly. “I just got some good news that I wanted to share with you.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what it could be. “What’s that?”

“Welllll,” She dragged out the word. “My parents sorta, kinda, ungrounded me today but only for after school project/homework purposes only. When I get back home, however, I’m still under lockdown.”

I couldn’t help but chuckle at her excitement. She’s just too cute sometimes. 

“That’s great babe. It makes it easier for us to talk without having to sneak out and getting your little in trouble.”

“Hey! My is not little.” I could just see her pouting her lips.
Smirking, I laughed. “I know.”

“Shut up.” Dara muttered, giggling soon after.
After another silence overcame us, I decided to be the one to break it once more. 

“Babe?”
“Hm?”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

“No.” I sighed. “It’s not. I shouldn’t have said those things to you. I was just angry and I wasn’t thinking straight. I know that doesn’t make up for what I said but you have to believe me when I tell you that I didn’t mean it.”
Dara didn’t say anything for a while which made me slightly nervous. “Dara ?”

“I forgive you.” She softly spoke.

A part of me was happy that she had but the other part of me was disappointed that we even got to this point in the first place. “Is there any way you can come over?”

“Where?”

“To my house?”

“Are you okay?”
No. “Yeah, I just want you to come over.”

I could picture Dara biting her lip, contemplating the thought. “Okay.”
I smiled big. “Great. I’ll see you soon. You know how to get here right? Do you want me to pick you up?”

“Is that even a question?” Dara laughed. “I’ve been at your place more in one week then I have in my own and no, I‘ll be fine on my own.”

“True…” I chuckled, referring to her first statement. “And okay, I’ll see you soon?”

“Yeah, bye…” Dara paused. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” And with that, the line went dead.



Dara’s Point of View:



After some convincing, I had finally swayed my parents to let me go to Bom’s house for our “Italian homework” when in reality I was just going to take the bus to Ji-Yong’s house.

It took some time but I had finally managed to leave without being interrogated and hopped on the next bus that was sure to take me towards the area where Ji-Yong lived.

I fumbled in my seat, playing with my thumbs as I chewed on the skin of my bottom lip.

I was nervous. I’m not going to lie.
After our big fight, I thought things wouldn’t be the same but after talking on the phone, it felt natural. Like things were finally going to be okay. Of course, I held my excitement together knowing that I’d probably jinx it if I didn’t.
Still, I couldn’t help the doubt that was creeping up inside my head.

The last thing I wanted was for things to be ruined between us again.
My body jerked forwards suddenly due to the heavy bus rummaging through a few bumps along the road which brought me back to the real world and instantly, I realized I had to click the button that let the driver know to stop at the next bus stop. I did so shortly after, waiting until he brought the bus to a halt.

Lifting myself up from my seat, I made a beeline towards the back doors, thanking the bus driver as I exited and began to make my way towards Ji-Yong’s house.
It didn’t take long before I arrived. Smiling as if I achieved something big, I made my way towards the door when I saw Ji-Yong seated on the front step, his head in his hands.

I furrowed my eyebrows together. “Ji-Yong?”
His head snapped up, his eyes squinted to see who had called his name. They quickly went back to their normal size once he noticed it was me. He stood up, making his way over to me. “You didn’t get lost.” He smirked. “I thought you would.”

I smacked his chest, rolling my eyes. “Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it boyfriend.” I sarcastically remarked.

“You know I’m just joking.”

I laughed. “I know.”

Ji-Yong didn’t hesitate before he pulled me into a bone crushing hug. Practically lifting me up off the ground. I let out a satisfied breath, loving the feeling of being in his arms again. “I missed you.”
I giggled into his neck. “I missed you too.”

Pulling away so that he could look down at me, Ji-Yong his lips. “As ing corny as it sounds, I couldn’t stand you being angry with me.” He laughed lightly, scratching the back of his neck.
I softly smiled at his words, knowing I had a sort of pull over him made me feel sorta special in a way.

Ji-Yong paused, gazing into my eyes. “Babe?”
“Hm?” I stared up at him curiously.
“You wanna know a secret?”

I cocked my brows up questioningly. “Sure?” I laughed.
“You keep me sane.”

“What?”
“You keep me from blowing up. I swear, when you’re not here, I have the urge to beat the living crap out of someone but when you’re here I somewhat feel relaxed even though you make me want to pull my hair out half the time.”

I scoffed. “Don’t even go there.” I put a hand up as if to say ‘you‘re not better’.

He shrugged. “I’m just saying.” He grinned.
Rolling my eyes, I shook my head. “Well, I’m glad I keep you sane…” I smiled cheekily before pulling my lips into my mouth.

“Don’t do that.” Ji-Yong mumbled.

Do what?” I cocked my head to the side.
“That.” He motioned towards my lips. Leaning down, he brushed his fingers under my lips. “Curling them in.”
“Why?”

“Because then I won’t be able to do this.” He whispered lowly before placing his lips over mine.
I smiled into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck.
Pulling my body closer to his, Ji-Yong groaned into my lips as he turned his head to the other side, biting down on my bottom lip every now and then, causing me to moan softly.

Digging his hands into my sides, Ji-Yong pulled me up so that my legs wrapped around his waist.
Running my fingers through his hair, I pulled violently.

Grabbing a hold of my , Ji-Yong squeezed it making me yelp out in shock, a smirk pulling at the corners of his mouth.
Pulling away, I laid my forehead against his, completely breathless at this point.
Ji-Yong’s chest was moving up and down at a fast pace, his eyes staying locked on mine.

Taking a deep breath, I brushed my fingers against his cheek, leaning in and pressing a kiss there before trailing my fingers across his jaw, leaving kisses their as well as I followed my fingers down to his neck, placing several open kisses, my tongue pressing down against his hot skin.
Holding me tighter against him, Ji-Yong growled lowly. “, Dara…”
Smirking against his neck, I began to pull at his skin with my teeth earning a full on moan from Ji-Yong. I grinned in satisfaction.
“Jesus babe, when did you learn how to do that?” Ji-Yong hoarsely spoke the moment I pulled away.

shrugged, putting on a playful grin. “I guess I’m just good like that.”

Ji-Yong scoffed, nodding in agreement. “Hell yeah.” Pressing his hand to his neck, he grimaced lightly. “Damn babe, you definitely marked me.”
My eyebrows shot up. “I marked you?”

“Yeah, you left a hickey. I could feel it.”
I gasped, pulling his hand away to see a blotch of redness. “Oh my God… I’m sorry.” I frowned.
“What?” Ji-Yong laughed. “You don’t have to apologize baby. I find that to be extremely y.” He winked at me.
I laughed, rolling my eyes and smacking him on his arm.

“Ow, why do you have the sudden urge to do that all of a sudden?” He hissed.

“Oh, hush up. You get shot and it’s nothing but a simple shove at you hurts? Grow up.” I stuck my tongue out.
Ji-Yong groaned, looking at me with lustful eyes. “Don’t tempt me with that tongue of yours babe.”
I my lips, biting them teasingly just to get a reaction out of him which I did in a matter of seconds.
Leaning up, Ji-Yong’s lips came crashing on mine, his hand holding my head in place as he shoved his tongue down my throat, moans filling the air.
After exploring my mouth, Ji-Yong slowly pulled away, both of our chests moving up and down rapidly once more.

“Wow.”

Ji-Yong grinned. “I warned you not to tempt me.”

I breathlessly laughed. “Whatever.”

“Yo, Kwon, get your in here!” Young Bae bellowed out from the front door.
Ji-Yong’s body tensed. I looked down at him questioningly.

“I can see you, you know! Hey Dara !” He waved.

I smiled, waving back. “Hey Young Bae!”
Ji-Yong scowled, holding me tighter against him. “I’ll be right there!” He called back, annoyed.

I sent him a warning look before faintly smiling at Young Bae.
Shaking his head, Young Bae waved a hand dismissively before turning and walking back inside.

“Why are you so upset all of a sudden?” I whispered.
He shook his head, his eyes roaming to the other side of the street, ignoring my eyes.

I sighed, pulling at his chin so that he looked up at me. “What’s wrong? And don’t bull me, telling me it’s nothing.”
Ji-Yong locked his jaw tight. “Everyone’s getting on my nerves. Daesung thinks he could be smart with me, bringing up my nonexistent past, not that it’s even relevant and it’s all because of McCann--”

“Who’s that?” I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “McCann, I mean.”
Ji-Yong gritted his teeth together. “Some piece of who thinks he’s better than everyone else.”

Running my fingers through his hair, I placed a chaste kiss on his forehead. “Don’t worry about him and focus on yourself. Don’t let him get inside of your head.”
Ji-Yong scoffed. “It’s not as easy as you think.” He muttered.
“I know but it won’t hurt to at least try?”
“You wouldn’t be saying this right now if you knew what I was talking about, trust me.”

I shrugged. “Just don’t get worked up over nothing.”
He stared at me solemnly before nodding.

“Now, let me down.” I demanded softly.
Ji-Yong furrowed his eyebrows. “Why?”

“Just do it.”

Ji-Yong followed my instructions, letting me down softly.
Grabbing his hand, I began to pull him towards the door.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Really babe? Where does it look like I’m taking you? Young Bae wanted you inside. It seemed like it was important.”

He rolled his eyes, not wanting to go.
Once he walked in through the front door, all eyes turned to us. I immediately backed up, my cheeks burning with a red color.
Ji-Yong stepped forwards, giving my hand a squeeze.

“Hey Dara,” The guys greeted with smiles.
I awkwardly waved. “Hey guys.” I meekly smiled back.

A certain pair of eyes though, however, I didn’t recognize. He looked fairly familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it. He had hazel eyes like Ji-Yong’s but his hair instead was floppy and dirty blonde.
Seung Hyun from the corner of my eyes, I could see smile intently to himself.

“What did you want Young Bae? What was so important that you had to come charging outside?” Ji-Yong spat.
I gave him a pointed look that he simply pretended to act as if he didn’t see it.

“Just wanted to let you know that Jason had finished building a bomb and we wanted to test it out to see how much damage it’ll do and if it’s perfect enough to blow Delgado’s warehouse down.”

I froze, knowing exactly who they were talking about.

“Whoa, hold up,” The shaggy haired guy stated, rising from his seat.
Everyone looked at him, including me. I felt Ji-Yong growl lowly, his eyes narrowing towards him.

“Since when do you guys talk business with a girl in the room?” He gestured towards me, his eyes roaming up and down my body making me shift uncomfortably.

“Mind your business McCann.” Ji-Yong snapped.
So, that’s McCann. I inwardly scowled. I could already tell why Ji-Yong dislikes him so much.
“And keep your eyes to yourself before I rip them from their sockets.” He warned.
I pressed my lips together, feeling the tension in the room build.

“What’s your name beautiful?” Jason ignored Ji-Yong, his eyes staying on mine.
I hesitated, not knowing if I should answer him or not.

“Don’t be afraid, I won’t do anything.“ He smiled. “Just curious.”

“It’s--”

“None of your business.” Ji-Yong spat.
Jason looked at him smirking. “I don’t recall speaking to you, Kwon. I believe I was talking to that nice arm candy you got.”

I grimaced.

“Talk about her like that again,” Ji-Yong stepped forwards, shielding me protectively. “And I will personally rip your throat out.”

“Ji-Yong…” I pressed my hand to his back, desperate for him not to start a fight that could end deadly.
His body relaxed under my touch but his gaze was held strong as he continued to stare daggers in--who Ji-Yong addressed him as McCann’s--eyes.

“Relax bro,” Seung Hyun spoke up. “Don’t do this again.”
McCann smirked.

“I don’t know what you’re smirking for McCann because the same goes for you. Keep your mouth shut and quit the bull. You have no right speaking about her like that.”

I smiled softly, mentally thanking Seung Hyun.

It was then that some type of realization seemed to have hit him because his eyes widened and he nodded understandingly to himself. “Ah, you must be the girlfriend…” He smirked, putting his hand out. “I’m Jason. Jason McCann.”

And that’s when it came rushing to me. How familiar he looked. He was Jason McCann as in one of Las Vegas’ most wanted. He was on the news nearly every week being blamed for causing several bombings but they never had enough evidence to lock him away. I felt a rush of chills run down my spine.
“Keep your hands to yourself.” Ji-Yong hissed.
Jason put his hands up in defense. “Chill bro, I was just trying to greet your girl politely.”

“Yeah, you had plenty of times to do that.”
“I just met her.”

“And I don’t give a damn.”
“You still never answered my question.”
“What?”

“Since when do you let girls in on your business? Even if they are your girl?”

She’s allowed to, that’s why.” Young Bae spoke up just as Ji-Yong was about to.

Jason cocked his brows up. “Well, that’s a first.”
“Enough with the questions, already. Let‘s get on with what you wanted to show us.” 

Ji-Yong spat, clearly annoyed by this whole situation.
Jason shrugged, dropping the subject. “Follow me then.” He decked his head back towards the back door. “We might have to drive out to Lost wood’s Lake. No one wonders over there and it’s far from town. No one will see a thing. It’ll be easier to test it out there.”

“Alright then, let’s go.” Young Bae rounded the house, moving up towards the cars.
They decided on taking Jason’s van. Sitting inside, I was settled on Ji-Yong’s lap as Seung Hyun seated himself next to us, Young Bae in the front with Jason and the rest in the back.

I nuzzled myself into the crook of Ji-Yong’s neck as Jason drove to the place they were going to test the bomb’s out on.
“We’re almost there.” Ji-Yong whispered in my ear.

I nodded my head in response.
After a few minutes, Jason pulled the car to a stop, taking his keys out as he exited the car.
Being the last to get out, I shut the door, following behind Ji-Yong as we walked into the woods.

I bit my lip, remembering it was in the woods where I first saw Ji-Yong and just what he was capable of. I grimaced at the thought but smiled soon after, knowing it was because of how careless I was that I have him in my life now.

Ji-Yong seemed to have been thinking the same thing because he pecked the side of my head, grinning down at me.
I blushed.

“Okay, I’m going to attach this to the back of that shed over there. When I come back I’m going to press the button on the detonator and it should blow up.”
“Just get on with it already.” Ji-Yong spat, tearing his eyes away from me.
Jason rolled his eyes, grabbing the bombs before walking over to the shed and placing them behind it.

“We should just press the button now, test to see if it kills.”
I smacked Ji-Yong’s arm. “Not funny.” I hissed.

He shrugged. “It is to me.”

I rolled my eyes, turning my attention back at the task at hand.

Jason returned back moments later. “Alright. You guys ready?”
We nodded.

“Okay,” Jason grabbed the detonator. “One… two… three!” Pressing down on the red button, we covered our ears, Ji-Yong instead, hovering his hands over mine, already knowing the sound would be too much for my delicate ears. He seemed to have been used to it though because he didn’t flinch at all.
The shed blew up into pieces, not a speck of it left behind.
Jason stood up tall, smiling at what his creation had done. “Perfect.”


Ji-Yong’s Point of View:



When we got back to the house, we all sat around the couch, laughing and joking around. Dara was getting along great with the guys while sitting on my lap. I could already tell all the guys approved of her.

Even Jason was seated with us and as much as I hated the kid, he wasn’t that bad keeping us all company.

“What happened to your neck, Kwon?” Jason smirked.
I scowled.

I take that back. The is still annoying.

“Is that what was going on that was so important you didn’t want to come back inside?” Young Bae teased, playing along with Jason.
Dara bit her lip, her cheeks reddening.

“Don’t be mad cause you can’t get and I can.”
Dara shifted uncomfortably as those words left my mouth and almost immediately I regretted it.

I squeezed her waist in reassurance, sending her a look of sympathy.
Jason cocked a brow up as if to test me.
I did the same, knowing that if he wanted to get a go at it, I’d be ready to retaliate.
Instead, he smirked, shaking his head and leaving it at that.

I smirked in accomplishment.

An hour later, Dara sat upright. “, I have to go now.”
I groaned. “Really babe?”

“Yeah, I promised my mom I’d be home by six.” Frowning, she pecked my lips before standing up.

“Awwww!” The guys all stated in unison, grinning childishly at us.

“Shut up.” I chuckled, standing up as well. “Come on babe, I’ll take you home.”

“Are you sure?” She looked up at me with big eyes.
I smiled. “Yeah. There’s no way I’m letting you take the bus this late at night. Meet me outside, I’m just gonna head into my room to get my jacket and keys.”
Nodding, she turned to leave but not before hugging everyone goodbye, including Jason.

I jogged up the stairs, grabbing my keys off the dresser before slipping on my leather jacket. Right when I turned to walk out, Jason stood in my path, his arms crossed and his eyes gleaming trouble.

“What the do you want McCann?”

“Oh, nothing…” He fumbled on his feet, moving back and forth between his heels and toes, his hands laced together. “Just thought I’d let you in on a little secret.” He grinned mischievously.

I arched both my brows. “What is it?”
Smirking, he stepped forwards, his shoulder bumping against mine, hard. “It won’t be long before I have your girl screaming my name for more.” Jason whispered in my ear tauntingly.

My hands immediately balled up into fists at my side.