Chapter 23

Danger

The rest of the afternoon pretty much went like I’d hoped--peacefully.
Ever since my outburst on Ji-yong, he didn’t say a word to me and neither did I to him. I guess he finally got the message that I meant business.
Do I like him? Sure. That was a given when I told him back in the forest but that nearly disappeared the moment some random chick comes and instantly he’s pissed and won’t even tell me who she is or what happened.
I mean, it’s one thing to want privacy but to be a person that demands one person about their own lives--like he does with me--but once they ask him--like how I did with him--he won’t open up.
How hypocritical is that? I mean, it would be a different story if he never demanded to know things about me but he does and he won’t even have the decency to tell me what’s going on when someone who Ji-yong clearly had a past with comes up to us? That’s bull.
Hannah Beth came with our food a few short moments after and we both ate silently as if we were mourning the death of someone we both knew.
It was weird, I’m not going to lie, but it was also somewhat comfortable despite the Dark aurora floating over our heads.
I knew words were eating away at his insides but I never gave him a chance to voice them because every time he’d open his mouth to say something, most definitely directed to what I had last said to him, I would interrupt him in any way possible that I could think of at the moment.
Grabbing my cheeseburger, I took a bite out of it before taking a sip of my lemonade, ignoring Ji-yong’s deep gaze on me. It was slightly making me uncomfortable, being under his strong, intense, stare but I refused to show him any sign of weakness. I was going to win this fight, whether he liked it or not.
I refuse to be anyone’s especially Ji-yong’s. There’s only so much I can handle and his mood swings was a big part of that.
A kiss isn’t always going to fix everything and neither is an apology. I need an explanation and I vow to get it. Even if it’ll take months or even years. I will get one because I deserve it especially after everything I’ve gone through these past few days including saving his --countless times.
Once I finished scarping down my lunch, I wiped my lips on a napkin before standing up and walking into the bathroom. I made my way over to the sink, holding my hand under the automatic soap dispenser before rubbing my hands together once a pink liquid squirted down onto the palm of my hand. Pulling the sink tabs towards me, I ran my hands under the running water before pushing the tabs shut and turning over to my side where I pulled the handle on the black box that began pouring out layers of napkins. Once I dried my hands and threw the napkins out, I checked my reflection in the mirror.
I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I looked like a hot mess. Pouting my bottom lip, I bit the side of my cheek, contemplating what was going to happen once I walk out of this bathroom and out of this diner, pulling myself out of Ji-yong and his web of lies.
Just as I was about to open the door that led outside of the bathroom, one of the stalls opened up and out walking came Jen. I pursed my lips at the sight of the girl that had Ji-yong’s pants in a twist.
If Ji-yong won’t open his mouth up then she sure as hell will. Walking over to her, I leaned myself against the sink adjacent to hers. “Hey.”
She tore her eyes away from her hands, looking over at me. “…Hey.” She her lips, pulling her hands away from under the faucet once she shut it off and walking over to the napkins, pulling the handle to get herself some to dry her hands.
“Okay, so, I know you don’t know me,” I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “But I know you know Ji-yong and I just wanted to ask you--”
“I’m sorry,” She shook her head, cutting me off short. “I know where you’re headed with this and as much as I’d like to help you, I can’t.”
“Why not?” I furrowed my eyebrows together. “It’s obviously something happened between you and Ji-yong and I think I have a right to know.”
She sighed, brushing past me, heading over to the door. “Look, you seem like a nice person but I just… I can’t.” She took a deep breath, grabbing onto the door’s handle. “It’s not my business to tell and quite frankly, it isn’t Ji-yong’s either. I don’t mean to be rude but it’s best you mind your own business.” She opened the door, getting ready to head out when she stopped herself from continuing on any further out the door. “Give it a few days. I’m sure he’ll tell you.” She sent me a bit of a reassuring smile before walking the remainder of the way out and disappearing behind the door.
I stood there, confused as ever with my brain swirling with what she had just said. What did she mean that it’s not Ji-yong’s business? Obviously what happened included him into the equation and if I were to have any sort of relationship with him, I’d have a right to know too.
How could I ever possibly be anything with him if I can’t even trust him? Or if he can’t even trust me?
I shook the thoughts out of my head, realizing it’s been a bit over about ten minutes since I’ve been in here and I still hadn’t left the bathroom. Grabbing the handle, I walked out and made my way back over to the table where Ji-yong’s eyes stared forwards, his gaze hard and his lips pursed into a thin line. I followed his eyes and found myself frowning once I realized he was looking at Jennifer.
Biting my lip, I decided I’d just go now. I mean, there’s no reason to beat around the bush. “Bye.” I mumbled before walking away and out of the diner where the cold air whipped through my face like a thousand needles.
Wrapping my arms tightly around my body, I blew out a much needed breath, feeling an enormous amount of emotions running through me at the same time ranging from anger to confusion to annoyance. Definitely not a good combination.
Just as I was about to step foot onto the parking lot, I was pulled back and whipped around to face the one and only--Kwon Ji-Yong.
I fought the urge to punch him in the face.
“I thought I told you I didn’t want you running after me.” I seethed through greeted teeth.
“Yeah, well, you say a lot of things and I never listen.” He shrugged. “What’s makes you think I’d listen to you this time?” He brought his face extremely close to mine.
I stared at him with disgust before ripping my arm away from the hold he had and stepping back. “Don’t touch me.”
He chuckled Darkly, shaking his head. “Always a ing drama queen.” He dug his hands into the pockets of his skinny jeans with his thumbs sticking out.
“I wouldn’t have to be if you would just open up once in a while. I mean, you owe me that much for all the I was put through because of you.” I spat.
“Get the over it,” He sneered. “I don’t have to tell you everything Dara .”
“And neither do I but you know after your annoying , I gave in because I’m a nice person like that.” I faked a gasp. “But, oops, I forgot,” I slapped a hand to my thigh. “You don’t care about anyone but yourself and the funny thing is, it only took me two days,” I scoffed. “Scratch that--it took me a day, to realize that one.”
He growled lowly, anger flashing within his golden arises. “You’re such a .” He seethed with hatred in his eyes.
I shrugged. “And you’re a .” I cocked my head to the side in a careless manner. “Looks like we both know two obvious things about each other.” I faked a smile his way.
I didn’t even have a second to comprehend what was going on before Ji-yong grabbed a hold of my upper arms and slammed me against the side of a car.
I gasped, the pain riveting within my body after a few seconds of the complete shock that overtook me.
“Now, listen, and listen good you ing ,” Ji-yong spat in a deadly tone, his face dangerously close to mine. “I don’t have to ing tell you mybusiness if I don’t want to. Got it? I don’t ing have to and just because you told me doesn’t mean .” He sneered. “You should be kissing my for even keeping you alive,” His eyes stared straight into mine, not even Daring to glance sideways. “I should have killed you when I had the chance.” He shoved me back one last time before pulling away, his chest heaving up and down from the anger.
Despite what my mind was telling me, I couldn’t help but let the tears surface and cloud my vision. I’d lie if I said that didn’t hurt just the slightest bit and I’m not talking about the pain in my back.
I’m talking about the hurtful words that he had just spoken to me.
Shaking my head, I glanced towards him one last time before nodding my head in realization to the person he really was. After everything I did for him… I bit my lip to keep myself from crying in front of him. I refuse to show him any sign of emotion. Letting a tear slip down my cheek though, I quickly brushed it away with the back of my hand before straightening my posture. “Well, that for you I guess.” I whispered hoarsely. “But, don’t worry.” I waved a hand dismissively. “You won’t be having to worry about me much longer because I’m done. Goodbye Ji-yong.” Turning, I began walking away and just as I was about to exit the lot, a car came to an abrupt stop next to me.
I jumped back a bit from the sudden movement. Looking to my left, my eyes settled on the red convertible parked right next to me that had black tinted windows and outshined rims. I wiped at my eyes to get a clearer vision of what I was looking at. I didn’t even realize the window had rolled down until a voice called out to me.
“Like what you see?”
I looked into the window, seeing a somewhat Darkened figure yet quite noticeable form the light shining through the open space. I must have been staring like an idiot. Nice Dara , just add this to your list of stupidity. “Sorry.”
“Don’t be. You were just looking.” He chuckled.
“Dara?” I turned my head to see Ji-yong staring at me with a look of confusion.
I rolled my eyes, looking back over at the unknown guy talking to me. “Thanks.” I mumbled.
“You need a ride? You look a bit upset. I know you don’t know me but I saw what happened back there with your boyfriend and I’m sure you don’t want to deal with him right now. Am I right?”
I bit my lip. “He’s not my boyfriend.” Was all I said.
I could see the smirk pulling at his lips. “Ah, well, either way, you seem upset. Do you need a ride or not? I promise, I don’t bite.” He put his hands up and for the first time I could see his face. He had an outstanding face structure with a set jaw and gorgeous blue eyes that stood out even further than they were supposed to, compliments to his jet black hair.
“Dara!” Ji-yong yelled even louder than before, desperation tinted with in his voice but he out shadowed that with the determination hidden inside his words.
“What do you say?” The unknown’s voice pulled me back to his attention.
I looked at Ji-yong, him and then the car and without even a second glance back or thought, I grasped onto the handle of the car’s door.
“Dara, don’t you Dare step foot into that car!” Ji-yong’s voice rang through my ears. I could tell he was walking over to me because his voice seemed even closer than before.
I ignored him through, opening the door and settling myself inside.
“Dara!” Ji-yong screamed.
“Drive.” I ordered, realizing Ji-yong was now a foot away from us.
“What about your boyfriend?” He smirked, revving up the car.
“I already told you, he’s not my boyfriend.” I whispered. “Now drive.”
And with one last push on the gas petal, the car flew forwards and out of the parking lot, Ji-yong’s body becoming smaller and smaller as he drove away.

 

-----------------------------------------

Soooo.... What do you think of this chapter ?! who do you think the guy in the car is ?! 

Also thank you for the support in reading Danger ! Love You Guyss!

-Myung_Joon