Chapter 8

Danger

I hate my life.

Right when I finally got my freedom back , I had it taken away from me once more by, this time, my parents.

To think I'd finally get a break and just forget this whole day even happened, something like getting caught by my parents had to happen.
I swear, I have a problem not being able to hide myself well. First, Ji-Yong saw me and now my parents caught me sneaking in.

F. M. L.

And now you're probably wondering what happened and well, to keep it short and simple, let's just say . . . I'm in a lot of .
**
"Where have you been young lady?"

Those words rang through my ears repeatedly causing my stomach to drop to the floor. Closing my eyes tight, I cursed myself mentally. Peaking one eye open, I turned to see my parents seated on the couch with their night wear still on.

I inwardly kicked myself in the face. "I, well," I paused. "You see . . . It's a pretty funny story." I chuckled lightly, trying to ease the tension but it didn't seem to work.

Instead their faces grew even harder with anger. "Oh?" My mom tucked an eyebrow up to the roof of her forehead. "Enlighten us." She laced her fingers together on top of her now crossed legs.

I bit my lip, turning my eyes over to my dad, who is usually the easiest to talk to.

He gave me a pointed look, waving his hand in my direction. "Go on, your mother and I are waiting."

I bit the inside of my cheek. So much for thinking he'd help me out of this one.

Taking a deep breath, I racked my brain for a lie I could tell them. It's not like I could tell them the truth. I'd be dead in the matter of five seconds if I did. Besides, I gave my word that I wouldn't. "I was at Bom's house."

My mothers face eased a bit but still remained to look fierce with anger. "And what were you doing at Bom's late at night?" She pestered.
I my lips. "She needed a friend to talk to mom. Her boyfriend broke up with her and she needed comfort."

Not a bad lie. Let's see if she believes it.

"I see," She ran a hand through her hair. "And since when did Bom have a boyfriend?"

"For a month now. You guys just never got to see him yet, Bom was planning for everyone to meet him when he broke up with her before she could."

I swear, I should win an Emmy for this. I'm just way too good.

"Why couldn't her comforting wait until the morning? I understand she's a friend--"

"Best friend." I corrected.

He rolled his eyes. "I understand she is your best friend but to run off in the middle of the night? How careless could you be Sandara? We raised you better than this." He shook his head in disappointment.

"You could have gotten kidnapped, or, worse," My mother threw her arms in the air ."Killed!" She shrieked.

Oh the irony of this all.

 

"Mom," I sighed. "Bom lives like a few blocks away. It's not like she lives on the other side of town! Besides, I ran. So there was no chance anyone could even take me, even if they wanted to."

She shook her head, knowing I was partly right but at the same time, to her, I was wrong.

"Still Sandara ," She strictly waved a finger to me. "I specifically raised you with manners. In what way did you think running off in the middle of the night without at least leaving us a note or waking us to tell us where you were going was right?"

I sighed. All I wanted was to go to bed and forget this whole night happened but of course my holy parents have to give me this long speech about something I could give absolutely no s about.

"I know mom and I'm sorry." I pouted, saddening my eyes.

She sighed. "It's still not good enough Sandara. You could have died tonight all because you were so careless." She shook her head. 

"I promise it won't happen again." I pleaded desperately. I knew where this was leading to and really didn't want to happen.

"Oh, we know you won't," My dad spoke up now while sitting up a bit on the couch. 

"Because you're grounded for a week."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I mean, sure I knew Id get in trouble but to be grounded? For a week?!

"What?" I shouted in shock. "That's so not fair!"

"Yes it is!" My mother spat. "You should be lucky we're being gentle because of the situation. We could've made it a month!"

I groaned. "This is so not fair!" I stomped my foot to the ground.

I don't care if I was acting like a baby at this point. I didn't care anymore. Rolling my eyes, I 

shrieked before turning on the heels of my shoes and stomping up the stairs to my room.

 

And here I was now. Stuck in my room, miserable.

The things I would do just for someone to save me from this hell hole.

Just then, my phone buzzed and my head snapped to see who it was.

I looked up to the ceiling, closing my eyes. "Thank you God." I mumbled before rushing up and grabbing my phone, slipping it open and looking down hoping to see Bom but to my dismay, an unknown number popped up.

Sighing, I clicked on the message and the thing I saw next caught me off guard.

From: Unknown
"How did it go?" - Ji-Yong

He actually texted me? What in the world . . .?

I thumbed in a response before pressing send.

To: Creeper
"What do you mean?"

I smirked at the name I gave him in my contacts.

A few seconds later my phone buzzed.

From: Ji-Yong
"With your parents. Did they get mad?"

To: Creeper
"One week worth of punishment."

From: Ji-Yong
"Ouch, my bad."

To: Creeper
"Yeah, yeah."

From: Ji-Yong
"So."

To: Creeper
"?"

From: Ji-Yong
"You up for breaking the rules again?"

I cocked a brow up, wondering if he was being serious or just messing with me.

To: Creeper
"Depends on what it is."

From: Ji-Yong

"Look out your window, boo."

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. Setting my phone down, I walked over to my window cautiously. When I opened it and looked outside, there he was laying back on his car.

When he looked up and noticed I had seen him, he smirked, waving.

I rolled my eyes, walking back over to my phone and opening it to text him back. It's hilarious how much my name for him in my contacts pertains to the situation.

To: Creeper
"If my parents see you, you're dead, you know that right?"

From: Ji-Yong
"If I worried about what other people thought, I wouldn't be here right now. Besides, aren't you all about living and ? Prove it. Show me what you're made of baby."

My cheeks heated up with the flirtatious word he had called me.

I smirked once I read the message all over again. If he thinks for one second, I'm not what I preach, he's got another thing coming. Grabbing my jacket, I walked over to my window, pulling it open before throwing both legs over and jumping down onto the porch attached to it. Grabbing onto the side railing of the balcony, I slid down it carefully before hoping off and landing on the ground in one piece. Straightening my clothes, I walked over to an amused Ji-Yong.

I smirked. "You were saying?"

 

***************************************************

Sorry The Parts Were Pretty Short ... But i Hope You liked it ? Maybee ........?

-Myung_Joon