Chapter 29

Danger

Dara’s Point of View:



The memories of tonight continued to flash through my mind like a broken recorder. From the moment I was out to waking up tied to a chair, Luke hitting me, 

Andrew cutting me all the way to waking up tied to a bed and Luke forcing his hands on me.

The tears engulfed my eyes once more as I fought to blink them back.

I was stronger than this and I knew that. I had to pull myself together for the sake of everyone and myself.

I never let anyone, not even Ji-Yong, get in the way of who I am and I’m not going to start now.
No sonofa is going to ruin that.

Wiping my face down, I sniffled, recomposing myself to it’s best ability before finishing up with my bath and stepping out of the water, wrapping a towel around my body.
Drying myself up carefully, I winced at every bruise I touched, careful not to press too hard before moving up to my hair.

Ignoring the pain in my wrists, I ran the towel through my damp locks, before letting my hair go and tying it up in a loose bun on the top of my head.
I glanced down at my wrists after I was done, feeling my stomach churn. They were black and blue with a deep cut around them from the ropes.

Shaking my head, I wiped off the haze on the mirror, looking at myself to see that the cut that ran from my cheek down to my neck stopped bleeding, thank God.
Pressing my fingers to it, I bit my lip as I turned away, not being able to look at myself anymore.

Finding a robe near the door that led out of the bathroom, I grabbed it, slipping my arms into the sleeves before tying it closed around my waist.

Just as I was about to leave, I heard voices coming from Ji-Yong’s room. Furrowing my eyebrows, I leant my ear to the door, curious as to what was going on.

“I shouldn’t have let her get into that car.” I heard Ji-Yong mumble.

“No,” Someone snapped. “You shouldn’t have but what’s done is done and you can’t change it Ji-Yong but I do know what you can do.”

I bit my lip as there was a pause.

“You can make sure she alright and you can comfort her because that’s what she needs most right now. She doesn’t need you beating yourself up over this. She needs someone to be there for her and we both know that someone here is you.” I heard faint footsteps before they stopped. “Oh and Ji-Yong?”

There was another pause.


“You may think your invincible but we all fall down sometimes.” And then the door closed.

I chewed on my bottom lip, taking in what the stranger said and then I slowly opened the door to the bathroom, leaning against the doorway to see Ji-Yong looking ahead of him, sadness evident in his face.

“He’s right you know.” I spoke up.



Ji-Yong’s Point of View:

I furrowed my eyebrows, turning towards the bathroom door to see Dara standing there with a robe wrapped around her body, her hair tossed up into a messy pile on top of her head. Despite her condition, she still managed to look beautiful.

I kept silent, just staring at her. “Come here.” I whispered, nodding her over.

She bit her lip, contemplating what I said before making her way over to me.

I was now seated at the end of my bed, my feet pressed on the hardwood floors. Once 

Dara made her way in front of me, I laid both my hands on her waist, pulling her closer to me. “Are you okay?” I whispered.

She nodded her head.

“Don’t lie to me.” I mumbled, looking into her eyes.

She looked away from me briefly before sighing. “I’m okay.”

I nodded my head. “Does your body hurt?”

She nodded while biting her lip. “Yeah. . .”

Leaning forwards, I pressed my finger tips against the wounds on her cheek, trailing them down to her neck.

She winced.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.
She shook her head. “You have nothing to apologize for.”

“I made a mistake--”

“We both made a mistake, Ji-Yong.” She shook her head, causing a few strands of her bangs to fall in her face.
I caressed her cheek gently. “I should have just told you the truth about Jung Ah.”

“And I shouldn’t have gotten into that car.” She shrugged, looking down at her hands. “We can’t fix what’s already been done.”

I nodded my head. “I know, I just wish I could have saved you sooner.”

“Even if you had, you know Luke would have found some other way to hurt me.” She mumbled.

I turned her face so that she was now looking into my eyes once more. “He won’t ever hurt you again, do you understand me?”
She nodded her head.

“Good because as of now, I’m not letting you out of my sight.” I softly chuckled, wanting to lighten the mood.
She cracked a soft smile. “Is that a promise?” She smirked.

“Oh, it’s a promise alright.” I grinned.
She shook her head, blushing slightly.

I smiled, looking down at her. How did I get so lucky to find a girl like you?

“Huh?” Dara looked up at me with knitted eyebrows.
I didn’t even realize I had spoken out loud.
Clearing my throat, I looked away. “Nothing,” I my lips.

“Don’t lie to me,” She whispered, using my own words from before against me.

turned to look at her, my heart beat multiplying quickly. “I--” I cleared my throat. “I said how did I get so lucky to find a girl…” I grabbed her hand. “Like you?” I mumbled, pulling her closer to me so that she stood in between my legs.
She leaned down slightly, her forehead pressing against mine. “I don’t know,” She teased. “But to be honest, I’m glad I found someone like you.” She smiled.

“You mean a selfish, tempered, ignorant, pampas ?” I smirked, caressing her hips lightly with my thumbs. “I highly doubt that babe.”
She giggled. “It makes up for my stubborn and iness.” She shrugged, laughing lightly.

I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her and bringing her closer to me. “I was so afraid that I’d lose you…” I whispered.
She sadly stared into my eyes, biting the inside of her cheek. “You could never lose me.” She mumbled. “Even if you wanted to.”

“Never.” I my lips, glancing from her eyes down to her lips. Brushing the loose strands of her hair back as I cupped her left cheek into the palm of my right hand, I took a deep breath, taking her all in.

Dara leaned in closer to me, her eyes staring down at my lips as well before she as well leaned into me.

I whisked my lips against hers lightly, our breathing colliding with one another’s as we stared deep into each others eyes. “Can I?” I whispered.
She nodded her head, pressing her hands against my chest.

my lips to moisten them, I closed my eyes before firmly pressing my lips to hers.

Dara reluctantly began kissing back, her lips fitting against mine perfectly.
I pulled her in closer with my free hand that was still firmly placed against her hip, my fingers digging slightly into her skin as my lips began pushing against hers.

Wrapping her arms around my neck, she pulled my head closer to hers, our noses pressing together due to the strength in our kiss.

Dropping my hand from her cheek down to her waist, I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her up and on top of my lap so that she straddled me.

Getting comfortable, Dara pulled away from the kiss, looking into my eyes, her chest moving up and down heavily before she bit her lip, nuzzling her head into the nape of my neck and pressing her lips to the skin on my neck where she began and biting on it.

I moaned, moving my neck to the side so that I gave her more space to do as she pleased.
I slid my hands down her waist, grasping her into my hands as I gave it a slight squeeze making her squeal in surprise. I smirked.

Moving away from my neck, she firmly pressed her lips to mine again, beginning our make out session once more.

I felt her hands press against my chest as she pushed down against it, making me lay back in bed as she laid down on top of me, her lips never detaching from mine.

I gripped at her waist before swiftly turning us over so that I was now on top of her. Kissing down from her lips to her neck, I began giving her the same pleasure she gave me, this time, using more tongue and teeth resulting in the sweet sound of her moans relinquishing themselves.

Moving back up to her lips, I began kissing her once more, her bottom lip for entrance which she gladly accepted. I slipped my tongue in as we began to fight for total dominance.

Pulling away, Dara casually flipped us over so that she was now on top but instead of reattaching our lips like I thought she would, she sat up on my lower abdominal. I glanced up at her questioningly.

She bit her lip, sliding her hands down to the ties on her robe.

I glanced at her hands before looking back up into her eyes.
She took a deep breath, getting ready to pull at the strings that if she were to do so would reveal her wondrous body to my greedy eyes.

And as much as I wanted that to happen, I couldn’t let her do that.
I gently grabbed at her hands. “Don’t.” I mumbled.

She furrowed her eyebrows, glancing at me curiously. She frowned. “Why not?”

She looked so innocent, I couldn’t help but clear my throat and look away briefly. 

“Because,” I shook my head, looking back at her. “We can’t. Not like this.”
She released the strings on her robe, her forehead creasing slightly.

I propped myself up on my elbows. “Don’t take it personal baby. I would love to do 
that with you, don’t get me wrong but I just don’t feel right about doing it now. 
Not after what happened.” I leaned over, brushing my fingers against her cheek.

She nodded her head, slowly removing herself from on top of me before seating herself on the bed.

I cocked an eyebrow. “I don’t recall saying you had to move from that position though.” I smirked.

She playfully rolled her eyes. “Too bad.” She stuck out her tongue.
I lightly laughed. “Get some sleep, okay?” I whispered while sitting up. “You’ve had a long day.”

I could see the hurt flash through her eyes as she thought back on tonight. “Hey,” 

I whispered, my hand now pressed to the side of her neck.
She turned to look at me.

“He’s never going to hurt you again, alright? I won’t let it happen.” I soothed comfortingly.

Dara stared at me for a few moments before slowly but surely, she nodded her head. Standing up from the bed, she stared up at me. “Do you have anything I could wear? I don’t really want to go to sleep with only my undergarments on.” She bit 
her lip, looking away, her cheeks tinting red.

I chuckled lightly. “Yeah.” I walked over to my dresser, pulling out a pair of sweatpants and a white v-neck before walking back over to her. “Here you go.”

She grabbed them, smiling. “Thanks.”
I nodded my head, digging my hands into my pockets. I winced slightly as the jeans rubbed up against my gashed knuckles.
Upon noticing this, Dara lightly gasped. “Oh my God!”


Dara’s Point of View:


I was so caught up in myself, I didn’t even realize that Ji-Yong was beat up just as much as I was, if not more. The look on his face when his hands brushed up against his jeans made my stomach churn.

It was then that I realized the bruises and gashes on his face. I leaned over, pressing my fingers to them lightly while biting my lip.

His face stayed solemn as he closed his eyes under my touch, his breathing faltering out evenly.
He looked so peaceful.


I leaned over, kissing each bruise on his face.

His eyes opened the moment I pulled away. “You should probably get those checked out.”

He shook his head. “I’ll be fine.”

“No,” I spat. “Those cuts aren’t going to heal themselves--”

“You always seem to forget that I’m used to these things babe. I’ll be fine. Nothing a few medicine and can’t fix.”

I sighed, cocking my head to the side as I looked up at him. “What am I going to do with you?”

He smirked, pulling me closer by the hips. “How about a kiss?” He whispered.
Before I could even give him an answer, he dipped his head low, capturing my lips in a kiss.

I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck, deepening it before slowly pulling away, leaving my forehead pressed against his. “Go take a shower.”

“Care to join me?” He his lips, sending me a playful wink.
I giggled, pushing him away slightly. “No, thanks.”

“Your loss.” He chuckled, pecking my lips once more before walking over to the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m sure it is.”

With a laugh echoing behind the closed bathroom door, I removed the robe from my body, folding it and laying it to the side before slipping on Ji-Yong’s sweatpants and shirt before picking up the blanket and laying myself inside Ji-Yong’s comfy bed.

My eyes closed and before I knew it, I fell into a deep slumber, Ji-Yong’s face the only vivid thing in my dreams.

-----------------------------------

FIRST CHAPTER OF THE GAME <3

-Myung_Joon