Chapter 62

Danger

RECAP -

Shrugging, I was about to close the door when I caught sight of a lifeless body sprawled out on my front porch.

“Ji-Yong?” I heard Dara ask, concern laced in her voice.

Not being able to tear my eyes from the dead body in front of me, I brought my phone back to my ear. “Babe, I’ll call you back.” Ending the call before she had the chance to reply, I put my phone away before covering my mouth from the horrible stench and crouched down.

Brushing the hair away to uncover who it was I held my breath once JinHee’s pale face was revealed. “.” I spat, stringing together a series of curse words under my breath.

Standing up, I pulled my gun from the back of my jeans, stepping around the body and down the stairs, while holding it out in front of me, I scanned the place for any signs of movement but all that was heard was the rustling of the wind against the trees.

Settling the gun to my side, I turned and walked back up the steps, retrieving back to where I last stood. Glancing back down, I caught sight of a piece of paper attached to her chest. Leaning over, I hesitantly grabbed it before standing back up.

Scanning my eyes across the handwritten words on the paper, my face fell.

'Your girl’s next.'

********************************************************************************

Ji-Yong’s Point of View:

The paper crumpled in my hand as I held it in a tight fist, all color draining from my face, anger taking over as I dwelled on what just happened in complete disbelief.

Turning on the heels of my shoes, I stomped back into the house, my mind in a daze. Not knowing what to say or do, I let my frustrations do the talking. “Young Bae, Seung Hyun, Daesung, Seungri! Get your asses in here now!” I barked down the hall and in just seconds the guys came hurrying into the living room, their eyes wide in curiosity.

“What happened? What’s wrong?” Young Bae asked, taking a step towards me, his eyes taking in my body language, concern flushing his face. “Who died?” He teased but little did he know there was a truth behind his words.

I gestured with my head towards the door. “Why don’t you go look for yourself?” I muttered, stuffing my hands heatedly in my pockets.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Young Bae walked past me and towards the door, the guys following behind. I turned to see what he was doing in time to see him freeze at the sight of JinHee’s dead body.

“What the ?” He spat. “Who the did this?”

“JinHee?” Daesung emphasized, completely taken back, not being able to believe what he was seeing.

“That’s not all.” I walked over to Young Bae, taking my fist out of my pocket, unraveling it to reveal the balled up piece of paper that I had ruined just moments before.

Looking at me and then towards my hand, Young Bae hesitantly took the piece of paper before opening it and skimming his eyes across the words. “Your girls next.” He slowly read it out loud; a hard look overcoming his eyes as he stared up into mine. “Who did this?”

I shrugged. “I have no ing idea.” Taking the paper from him, I shoved it in Seung Hyun’s hand before walking over to JinHee. “I was talking to Dara on the phone when the bell rang. I waited for you guys to get it but when you didn’t, I did. I didn’t see anyone outside but then I caught sight of JinHee before I shut the door. What I didn’t expect was for her to be dead and for someone to leave a note, threatening Dara, again.” I raged in disbelief. “Clearly whoever it is wants to die.” I spat venomously.

“This is ing bull.” Seung Hyun hissed, shaking his head. “Do we ever catch a break?” Giving the paper to Daesung, Seung Hyun walked over to Young Bae, staring down at JinHee’s dead body as well. “I mean, out of everyone, they killed JinHee?”

“They wanted to send us a message.” I muttered distastefully. “Whoever it was wanted to let us know that they could easily get to anyone we know... that, including Dara."

“This is ing ridiculous.” Young Bae let out a frustrated breath, running his fingers through his hair. “Who could honestly have the balls to pull this with us right now?”

“Someone who clearly wants to die a slow and painful death.” I spat irritably, my stomach in knots.

It’s one thing to know who was behind a stunt like this. It’s another when you’ve got no idea who it could be.

Throwing the paper aside, Daesung stood beside all three of us. “Well, what the are we going to do with her?” Seungri nodded towards JinHee, looking over at us.

I shrugged. “We can’t exactly keep her here. She ing reeks.” I twisted my face into a look of disgust. “I say we dump her body in the river and this time, we’ll do it the right way.” I gave them all a stern look, referring back to the Parker situation.

Seungri rolled his eyes. “Again, it wasn’t our fault.”

“I don’t give a .” I barked sharply, cutting Seungri off. “Just help me get her in a body bag.” I walked over to JinHee’s feet. “Seung Hyun go start the car. We’ve got to do this now before anyone grows suspicious around here.”

“He’s right. We don’t have all day.” Pushing past us, Young Bae disappeared down the hall as we all stood by the door, waiting for him to come back.

When he did, Seungri and I lifted JinHee’s body and slid it into the body bag before zipping it up and carrying it all the way over to the car. Popping the trunk open, we laid her body inside before closing it and taking a seat in the back of the car.

It wasn’t a long drive to the river and the fact that it was close to midnight, we knew no one was around at this late hour to remotely see anything at all.

Parking the car in the lot, we stepped out of it, walking to the back where we opened the trunk again. Grabbing onto JinHee’s body, we walked over to thebridge just above the river.

“On the count of three, we throw her over. Okay?” I looked up to see them all nod in understanding. “Alright… ready?” Pausing, I my lips. “One… two… three!” Swinging her across the side of the bridge, we watched as her body fell into the water with a loud splash, not long before sinking down to the bottom.

“Let’s go.” Wiping my hands on my pants, I shuffled over to the car where we all immediately took a seat before Seung Hyun revved it up and sped down the street, back to the house.

“Well, that was easy.” Daesung chuckled, settling comfortably in the back seat.

“I’m just glad we got it over with. The last thing we need is for us to be called into questioning by the cops. They’re up our as it is; we don’t need them digging around for more dirt on us.” I exclaimed knowingly.

Seung Hyun swerved into the driveway, coming to a stop before killing the engine and walking out, the guys following behind as we entered back inside the house.

“Now that we took care of that,” Young Bae clapped his hands together, taking a seat on the couch. “It’s time to get down to business. Who would want to start beef with us?”

“I bet you it was that er McCann. I swear if he—”

Young Bae shook his head. “It’s not McCann. The kid went back to Vegas weeks ago. He’s got no reason to put a hit on us.” Pursing his lips, he narrowed his eyes, looking deep in thought.

“We got rid of Delgado and his crew.” Seungri pointed out. “Other than that prick, there’s no one else that would have the audacity to even try and mess with us.”

“Is this some kind of sick mind game?” Young Bae spat. “If it’s not any of those we listed, then who could it be?”

Before any of us could get a word in, my phone began ringing, slicing through the open silence.

“I swear to God Ji-Yong; if that’s your girl, don’t pick it up. If she is in danger and this isn’t some joke, we’ve got to make sure she’s safe.” Young Bae gave me a stern look and I knew he was being serious.

I slid my phone out, glancing down at the screen to see an unknown number instead of Dara’s. “It’s not Dara.”

“Then who is it?”

“I don’t know.” Furrowing my eyebrows, I slid my finger across the screen before pressing it to my ear. “Hello?”

“Kwon,” The other line stated monotonously. “Did you get my little present?”

“Who’s this?” I asked, holding onto my phone tighter than usual, my stomach settling in an uneasy fashion.

“Oh I’m sure you know who it is.” He spoke gruffly, a smirk evident on his face just from the way he was speaking. “It’s a shame, you know. JinHee was such a beautiful girl… it that I had to kill her.”

“Who, is, this?” I repeated, taking slight pauses between each word, making sure whoever it was on the other line heard me loud and clear.

He ignored me, instead, continuing with what he was saying. “She was a feisty one—reminded me of your little girlfriend actually. She wouldn’t give me any information nor would she show some skin.” He tsked. “I blame you.”

“Get to the ing point already!” I barked sharply, slicing through the silence that fell amongst us. “Grow some balls bro and tell me who you are.”

“Keep in mind Kwon, none of this would’ve happened if you just would’ve minded your own business.” He hissed. “You had a lot of nerve last night coming with your boys and blowing up my warehouse.”

My face drained of color, realization kicking in. “Luke.” I sneered maliciously.

Young Bae shot his head up, his ears alert to what was going on, all eyes on me.

“Ding, ding, ding!” He sing-sang sarcastically. “We have a winner! Surprised you didn’t pick up on that from the beginning. You losing your touch Kwon?”

“I thought you were dead.” I hissed with gritted teeth, the thought of strangling him with my hands running through my head.

“Think again.” He chuckled darkly. “The moment I heard the shots last night, I knew it was you. Luckily for me I got out before you ever had the chance to touch me.” There was a pause. “You know, for someone who has been doing this for so long, you sure at putting a hit on someone.”

“Shut up,” I growled, fury igniting within my veins.

“I’m guessing someone’s bitter that they lost.” There it was again, that same sick twisted voice of his.

“I didn’t lose .” I hissed. “As far as I’m concerned, I’m just getting started. The hit last night was nothing compared to what’s coming.”

“Care to elaborate?” Luke spoke in a teasing voice, knowing exactly how to get under my skin.

“I’m going to have you on the floor begging for mercy.” I scorned indignantly, my hands balling into fists, my jaw locking tight. “I’m going to make sure you experience everything you put me through. It’s actually quite amusing Delgado that you had to go through all of this to even try and get me pissed off.” I laughed, shaking my head. “I don’t give a rat’s about JinHee but threatening my girl again? That’s where I draw the line.”

“I’m shaking in my boots, Kwon.” Luke snickered.

I scoffed. “You seem so sure of yourself.” Holding onto my phone so that it didn’t fall from the palm of my hand, I swallowed. “If you were smart, you would’ve left town a long time ago. This just got personal Delgado and I’m just about ready to kill your annoying .”

“If I survived everything else you tried to throw at me Kwon, what makes you think I won’t come out on top again?” He stated a matter-of-factly.

“You and I both know when it comes to me, you’re nothing but scum. This is my town Delgado and it’s about time you learn just why you shouldn’t have ed with me.” my lips, I turned my gaze towards the wall opposite where I stood, my eyes shading over in darkness. “The stabbing was just the start, you taking my girl, harming her and then putting her on show with a gun is where you dug yourself a grave.” I my teeth out of anger, the frustrations from the past few months growing to its final peak point. “I’m done bullting. This time? We’re settling this once and for all. Face to face with just you, I and our guys then we’ll see who wins.”

“You really want to risk your life Kwon? I’m sure your girl wouldn’t appreciate finding you dead.”

“The only one, who will end up dead Delgado, is you.” I spat, growing more irritated by the second.

“Fine.” Luke agreed with hesitation. “Tomorrow night at peer nine. Midnight, we’re going to finish this. Get ready to clean your throne Kwon because I’ll be sitting on it once I throw you off.”

“You’ll be dead before you even get the chance to earn the respects of having my throne.” I chuckled.

“We’ll see about that.” Luke countered.

“We sure will.” I retorted bitterly.

“Don’t forget to kiss your girlfriend goodbye Kwon because before you know it, you’ll be sitting in your own grave, seven feet under while I the out of her.” Luke spoke menacingly.

My jaw immediately twitched, locking tight as death overshadowed my eyes.

“And the funny thing about that is you won’t be able to stop me.” Shuffling was heard before Luke spoke up once more. “Better keep that girl of yours on lock,” He spat knowingly, “because not only am I watching you Kwon but I’m keeping an eye on your little too.” There was an eerie pause in which a devilish snicker was heard. “She looks good with a pair of shorts on.”

Before I had the chance to retaliate with my own choice of words, the line went dead.

“ing !” I yelled, throwing my phone across the room as it hit the wall, falling to the ground with a piercing slam.

My chest rose and fell in an uneven pattern, my face hot with fury, my pals sweaty, and my eyes wide in rage. If looks could kill, everyone in this room would be dead right now.

Silence overcame us all as the boys sat there, not knowing what to say or do.

“What did he say?” Young Bae decided to be the first to break the ice.

I my lips, running my hands through my hair and down my face vigorously. “I’m going to kill him.” I spat. “I’m going to ram him on the ground and beat the living crap out of him until he can’t breathe anymore.”

“You didn’t answer my question.” He bit back, trying to get responses out of me but I was too caught up in the heat of the moment, to even think straight.

“I’ve got to go check on her.” I suddenly spoke up, walking over to my jacket before slipping my arms inside and walking over to where my phone fell.

“Who?” I saw from the corner of my eye, Young Bae stand up and walk over to me.

“Dara.” I stood up, sliding my phone into my back pocket before pushing past him and over to the door.

“Hold up,” Young Bae grabbed my arm, stopping me. “What did he say? Don’t do anything stupid Ji-Yong.” Young Bae sighed.

“He’s watching her. The knows what she’s wearing.” I spat, yanking my arm out of his hold and thrashing the front door open violently as I stepped out and onto the front porch.

“How the hell do you even know he’s telling the truth?” Young Bae threw his arms in the air as he stood in the doorway, watching as I darted towards my car, unlocking it with the keypad. “He’s just trying to get under your skin!”

“Yeah? Well he’s doing a pretty good job.” Opening the driver’s side door, I looked over at Young Bae. “I just need to know she’s alright.”

“Call her! We have things to settle here, Kwon.” Young Bae barked out, desperately wanting me to go back into the house.

I shook my head. “It’s not the same, Young Bae. I have to see for myself. Don’t wait up; I’ll be back before you know it.” Sitting inside, I slammed the door shut before twisting the key inside the ignition and pulling out of the driveway.

Zooming down the various streets, I clung hard onto the steering wheel, my knuckles whitened from the amount of strength I was putting behind it. My mind a whirlwind of thoughts, my breathing ragged with my heart beating rapidly in my chest.

Upon realizing I probably should call Dara to let her know I was coming, I took my phone out, dialing her number before pressing it to my ear.

“Hello?

“Babe, are you home?” I asked, keeping my eyes on the road, careful not to crash into anything.

“Yeah, why? Are you okay? You kinda hung up on me before. You seemed like you were in a rush…”

“I’m fine. Listen, I’m coming over, alright?” I rushed through my words, wanting to get to the point already.

“What?”

“I said I’m coming over.” I repeated. “Make sure your window’s open.”

“You know you can just come through the front door, right?” She said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“I don’t want your parents to know I’m coming.” Turning onto another street, I switched my phone to my other ear while I dug through the pockets of my jacket, fetching out a cigarette and a lighter before sparking it up, taking a puff.

“O—kay?” She questioned uneasily. “When are you coming?”

“Now.” I took another drag, this time holding it in before ghosting it out, my body immediately relaxing. “I’m almost there.”

A latch being opened and a gust of wind were heard. “Alright, I opened my window.”

“Okay, I’ll see you soon.” Flicking the end of my cigarette, I bit the inside of my cheek. “Love you.”

“Love you too.”

Ending the call, I put my phone away before resting my hand on the steering wheel once more, feeling myself growing determined.

Once I made it on her block, I parked a few houses down like I usually do before taking the keys out and stepping out of the car. Jogging down the sidewalk and to the back of her house, I noticed the latter was still placed under Dara’s window and inwardly thanked God. Climbing up the steps, I was relieved to see that Dara listened and opened her window. Throwing each leg over the ledge, I pulled myself in before dropping down on my feet and looking around for Dara.

My stomach dropped the moment she walked out of her bathroom, wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Gulping down hard, I couldn’t help but think back to what Luke had said.
**

“She looks good with a pair of shorts on.”

**

“Hey.” She smiled, putting her hair up in a loose bun.

Standing there, it felt as if everything around me came to a stop, Dara and I the only two visible at this very moment. My feet were practically glued to the floor as I stared wide eyed in Dara’s direction.

My stomach churned painfully, my throat going dry.

Dara furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. “Ji-Yong?” She took a step towards me. “Are you alright?”

I didn’t move, I didn’t breathe, all I could think about was how at any given moment before I came, Luke could’ve came up here and taken her away from me.

I shook my head. Just the thought of him putting his hands on her made me go insane.

my lips, I didn’t hesitate before rushing over to her and cupping her face in my hands before heatedly attaching my lips to hers, wanting her to feel each emotion running through me.

When she kissed me back, I fought my way through, not wanting to break the embrace. Pulling her even closer to me—if that were possible—I groaned, biting down onto her lip.

Granting me access, I slipped my tongue into , wanting to taste every bit of her.

“Ji-Yong,” Dara gasped, breathless after she pulled away from me. “What’s gotten into you?”

I shook my head, not wanting to say anything as I dipped my head down to kiss her again when she pressed a hand to my chest, stopping me from doing so. “What?” I growled impatiently.

Dara frowned, taking a step back away from me. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong, Dara.” I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I scratched the back of my head. “I’m just frustrated, okay?”

“Why?”

“Because I am! Everything is hitting me all at once and I just need a break from it all.” I mumbled, dropping my hand down to my side as I shifted my gaze to the floor.

I probably sounded like a little but at this point, I didn’t care. All I wanted was for all this bull in my end to stop already.

I closed my eyes under the soft delicate touch of Dara’s hand against my cheek. “You need to stop stressing yourself out too much.” She whispered, cradling her body into my chest where I instinctively wrapped an arm around her waist, holding her against me.

“That’s easier said than done babe.” I sighed.

“You won’t know unless you try.” She kissed my chin, looking up at me. “I can tell that something’s bothering you. You can tell me what it is.” She urged gently, wanting me to open up to her.

I my lips, contemplating whether or not I should mention Luke but then decided against it. She’s been through too much as it is; I don’t want to worry her. Shaking my head, I gently kissed her lips before pulling away, running my other hand through her hair. “It’s nothing babe, I’m just tired. That’s all.” I mumbled.

“Okay,” She softly smiled. “Why don’t you get some rest then?” She nodded towards her bed and I inwardly smirked.

Grabbing her hand, I pulled her to her bed where I laid down, bringing her next to me. When she rested her head against my chest, I wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

A comfortable silence fell between us and neither one of us said anything. Dara’s soft breathing calmed me as she grabbed the palm of my left hand, drawing circles on it with her index finger.

I inaudibly watched her, taking in her tousled hair in a bun, naturally rosy cheeks and long eyelashes. She was beautiful to say the least even when she wasn’t all dressed up. She has a natural look to her that just reeled you in.

Playing with the strands of hair that fell from her bun, I hummed a soft tune. “You’re beautiful, you know that, right?” I murmured into her ear.

A smile etched across her face before she buried her head into my shoulder.

Chuckling, I tipped her chin up with my finger, leaning down while bruising my lips against hers. “You always get embarrassed when I compliment you.”

“That’s because you’re… you.” She giggled her cheeks still warm.

I chuckled, shaking my head. “You should get used to it by now.” I smirked, tracing the edge of her face with my finger; I ran my knuckles up and down the base of her neck before leaning down and masking her lips with mine in what was just supposed to be a kiss which quickly turned into a make out session.

Kissing back, Dara ran her fingers up my neck and into the back of my hair as she tugged gently, her teeth nibbling on my bottom lip.

I growled, tugging her by her hip closer to me. “, Dara.” I laid her on her back before hovering over her petite body.

The kiss grew heated as I found myself losing control, the hunger and love behind it transferring through as want and need.

I wanted her to make me forget about Luke. I needed her to make me feel better.

I broke apart from our passionate embrace, traveling my lips down to her neck where I on her soft spot earning a muffled moan.

Biting her lip, she arched her neck, digging her nails into my shoulders, wanting more from this and at this rate, I was glad to give it to her.

Tugging on the bottom of her shirt, I pulled it up and over her head before discarding it to the side before re-attaching our lips. “I love you.” I mumbled, breathing heavily.

“I love you too.” She whispered before pulling me into her once more.

Before we knew it, our clothes were shed and we were left with nothing but the thin piece of clothing shielding our necessities. “Where are your parents?” I whispered, placing a feather of a kiss under her ear.

“Sleeping.” She breathed out and with that, the last of our clothes were torn. Embracing each other in another passionate night; our bodies entangled, sweat damping our hairlines as we took in every inch of each other, I pressed several kisses on her lips, making sure she knew just how much I loved her.

***

Dara’s soft breathing was heard I caressed the strands of her hair that cascaded down her back. Her body pressed up against mine under the comforter of her bed, our legs entwined. I took a deep breath, reminiscing on the past few nights.

Everything seemed like a blur to me, my mind not able to wrap around the fact that my life turned out to be a never-ending soap opera.

Dara shuffled in my arms as she snuggled up into me and I couldn’t help but smile while watching her sleep. She looked so peaceful; it pained me to think about what was going to happen tomorrow.

Just the thought of leaving her home while I go to take care of Luke brought an uneasy settlement to my stomach. Something about not telling her didn’t sit right with me but I knew, deep down, that I couldn’t say anything. If I were to tell her, it’d just keep her up and she wouldn’t be able to function properly without knowing if I’m okay or not.

I didn’t want her to worry about me. She did that enough as it is, I didn’t want to add more to her plate.

As I watched her sleep, her chest moving up and down in an even pattern, it was crazy to think about how far we’ve come as a couple.

Just the word “couple” made me want to laugh. Who knew, me, Ji-Yong Kwon, would ever be in a relationship again?

I sure as hell didn’t.

Can’t say I’m complaining though. I don’t know what I would’ve done if she never came into my life that night of the party.

It’s comical; I still remember when I saw her for the very first time.
**

"Nice going, Babe. I give ya props for downing that so quick. Usually girls around here don't know how. I'm impressed.”

**

I was intrigued by her from the start just by the way she stood out from all the other girls who were trashing themselves to no extent.

But, that interest slowly began to die down when I took her after she saw me kill Parker. To say I couldn’t stand her would be an understatement. She drove me insane, to the point where, I wanted to strangle her.

I wasn’t in the best of moods that night either which she just happened to had onto my frustrations.
**
“Are you going to answer me or just ignore me like an idiot?” I hissed.
**
She didn’t give a damn about what I said though. She always had a mind of her own.
**
“Why the do you even care?” I spat. “You’re not my ing mother.” I continued with a low hiss to his my words.

“Well, I do and there is nothing you can do about it, so get the over it.” She spat, furious.

**
Despite how I felt about Dara at times, I couldn’t help the soft spot I had developed for her along the way.
**
I sighed. “Are you still mad about what I said before?” I searched her face for any sign of discomfort.

Dara shook my head. “No, I got over that a long time ago.”

“Then come on and lay next to me.” I mumbled in a hushed yet demanding tone.

She bit the inside of my cheek while walking over and pulling herself up on her bed before laying down beside me, an inch or so in between us.

“I don’t bite.” I muttered before wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her closer to me so that our sides touched.

She bit my lip, her cheeks growing hot.

“I’m sorry, you know.” I mumbled.

She sighed. “I know.”


I shook his head but kept silent. “I got carried away, that’s all.” I stared ahead, not daring to even look at her once.
**
Whether I wanted to admit it or not,
**
Seung Hyun bumped fists with me before taking a seat at the edge of the bed. “Hey man. What are you doing?”

I shrugged. “Thinking, trying to think of a plan.”

“Or thinking about her.”

I snapped my head over to him to see him smirking. “What are you talking about?”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about. The other guys, they may be blind, but I’m not. I can see right through you Kwon.”

“The are you talking about Seung Hyun?” I spat, narrowing my eyes at him.

“The girl.”

“What about her?” I looked away.

“Oh, so now you know who I’m talking about?” I could sense the amusement to his tone. I inwardly growled.

“No.” I spat. “It could be about anyone, right?”

“Yeah but only one girl came to mind when I said that, right?” He stared at me long and hard.

“Who? You mean JinHee?” I locked eyes with him.

He shook his head. “You and I both know I’m not ing talking about JinHee.” He paused. “I’m talking about Dara.”

“What about the ?” I spat.

“You like her.”

I laughed. “I don’t like anyone , you know that.” I shook my head. “Don’t be a bro.”

“Don’t play dumb bro. There’s only so much hate you can hold and Dara doesn’t pertain to any of it.” He turned to face me better. “You trust her.”

“I don’t trust anyone but you guys. Hell, I don’t even trust my family.” I scoffed a laugh.

“That’s a different story.” He pointed at me.

“Not really.” I mindlessly looked away.

“Whatever man. All I’m saying is Dara is something to you.”

“No. She’s not.” I monotonously spoke, wanting him to shut up already.

“That’s why instead of coming here or going someplace else or calling us when you got stabbed, you went to Dara’s? Or the fact that you went out with her?” Sarcasm dripped from each word that escaped his lips. “Face it man, you trust her and the fact that she didn’t tell the cops about what you did just adds onto why you have a pull towards her.”

I kept quiet, listening to what he had to say.

**
I cared about her.

There was always something about her that pulled me in and I just couldn’t let her go.
**
After a few seconds, the silence broke and Dara’s voice spoke up once more. “What do you want from me?”

I skidded to a stop but decided not to turn around as I waited for her to elaborate on that.

“What is it that you want, Ji-Yong?” Desperation was laced within her words.

I turned around. “What are you talking about?”

“You know damn well what I’m talking about.” She began walking over to me. “One second, you want to kill me, the next you save me then we fight, you call me names, then you act as if nothing happened, you apologize and then the cycle repeats and now you want me to go with you after what just happened?” She shook her head. “I just don’t get it. It seems like there’s something that just isn’t right with you. What is it that you want from me? What’ll make you happy? Huh?” She was now standing in front of me. “Do you want me to leave? Is that what you want? Do you want me to leave you alone?”

I stared at her with wide eyes, taking in all that she said to me. I felt my stomach churn painfully as I stared into her synthetic blue eyes. “No.” I whispered.

“Then what do you want?” She assumed. “Do you want me to stay?”

I my lips, not taking my eyes off of her. After a few seconds, I shook my head. “No.”

Her face fell into a knowing frown. “Then what is it?”

Despite the pull at my insides, I couldn’t help myself. My head was telling me one thing--not to do this. To let her go and forget what happened between us--but my (as corny as this was) heart was telling me to stick around.

“Wanna know what I want?” I spoke aloud, finally letting my pride go as I let the truth sink into me.

She kept quiet as her eyes searched mine.

I hooked an arm around her waist. “I want you.” I whispered before crashing my lips against hers.

**
I loved her for a while. I just never had the balls to admit it. When Luke took her, that’s when it clicked in my head—I couldn’t live without her.
**
When I get my hands on that mother er, I am going to kill him. I’m going to make him wish he never crossed me.

Grabbing hold of the steering wheel even tighter, I continued to speed down the roads, not giving a flying that I was exceeding the time limit.

Turning a corner, I felt my heart beat quicken as the seconds passed.

What if she was hurt? What if Luke touched her?

I growled at the thought.

“Calm down man.” Seung Hyun hissed comfortingly. “You need to keep yourself focused on the task at hand. We can’t have you fuming while going in there, it’ll sidetrack you.”

“How the can I calm down when I don’t even know what the hell they’re doing to her? They could have killed her for all I know!” I yelled, feeling the anger double over.

Just the thought of Luke putting his hands on her made me go mad.

**
And when I heard her crying in the shower that night, I knew I was going to protect her. From that day forwards, I distinguished she was mine to take care of.
**
I furrowed my eyebrows, turning towards the bathroom door to see Dara standing there with a robe wrapped around her body, her hair tossed up into a messy pile on top of her head. Despite her condition, she still managed to look beautiful.

I kept silent, just staring at her. “Come here.” I whispered, nodding her over.

She bit her lip, contemplating what I said before making her way over to me.

I was now seated at the end of my bed, my feet pressed on the hardwood floors. Once Dara made her way in front of me, I laid both my hands on her waist, pulling her closer to me. “Are you okay?” I whispered.

She nodded her head.

“Don’t lie to me.” I mumbled, looking into her eyes.

She looked away from me briefly before sighing. “I’m okay.”

I nodded my head. “Does your body hurt?”

She nodded while biting her lip. “Yeah. . .”

Leaning forwards, I pressed my fingertips against the wounds on her cheek, trailing them down to her neck.

She winced.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.

She shook her head. “You have nothing to apologize for.”

“I made a mistake--”

“We both made a mistake, Ji-Yong.” She shook her head, causing a few strands of her bangs to fall in her face.

I caressed her cheek gently. “I should have just told you the truth about Jen.”

“And I shouldn’t have gotten into that car.” She shrugged, looking down at her hands. “We can’t fix what’s already been done.”

I nodded my head. “I know I just wish I could have saved you sooner.”

“Even if you had, you know Luke would have found some other way to hurt me.” She mumbled.

I turned her face so that she was now looking into my eyes once more. “He won’t ever hurt you again, do you understand me?”

She nodded her head.

“Good because as of now, I’m not letting you out of my sight.” I softly chuckled, wanting to lighten the mood.

She cracked a soft smile. “Is that a promise?” She smirked.

“Oh, it’s a promise alright.” I grinned.

She shook her head, blushing slightly.

**
And then I swallowed my pride and finally let her know how I felt.
** 
Dara leaned up, capturing my lips in a kiss before she spluttered out the three words I never thought she would. “I love you.”

I looked down at her with wide eyes.

“I, uhm, sorry. I didn’t mean to--” She began to stutter but was soon interrupted when I pressed my lips to hers, silencing her immediately.

Pulling away, I grinned down at her. “I love you too.” My face fell solemn as I her hair. “So much.”

**
From then on, we had our share of ups and downs.
**
“What the is your problem?!”

“You!” I screamed, causing a few heads to turn but the moment they saw it was me who was yelling, they chose to ignore and go on with their business.

“You’re my problem.” I hissed.

“Then leave me alone.”

“No.”

“You need anger management classes.”

“And you need to learn how to respect people.”

“Get to the ing point already Ji-Yong!”

“You’re an idiot.”

“And you’re an .”

“I rather be an than a good for nothing .”

“Oh. So I’m a now?”

My chest moved up and down vigorously.

“And you want to talk about respect.” She sarcastically laughed with a shake of her head. “You’re unbelievable.”


- - -

“Ji-Yong,” Dara scolded, elbowing me off of her. “Your mom’s in the kitchen.”

“So?”

“So, I don’t feel comfortable with you all up on me. It’s called personal space.” She pushed at me chest.

“Why are you being such a right now?”

Dara froze on the spot, melancholy flashing in her eyes.

“You’re in for it now, bro.” Si-Hyun laughed from the corner of the kitchen.

I shot him a look that told him to shut up before turning towards Dara. “I was just kidding.”

“Whatever Ji-Yong. Just go finish the hockey game. Okay?”

I sighed, dropping my arms to my sides. “Fine. Come on Si-Hyun.” I gestured with my head out the door.


- - -

“What’s it like being in a relationship with this one?” Daesung gestured with his hand over to me.

“It’s okay, I guess.”

“Okay?” I faked a gasp. “Just okay? I assume all the times I pleasured you, they were all just okay too?”

Dara nearly choked on her spit. “Ji-Yong!” She hissed, slapping my chest.

Young Bae almost dropped the spatula along with the plate of burgers he had finished cooking while the others were pissing their pants right about now.

“What?” I harmlessly looked up at her, trying too hard to contain the hilarity inside.

She gritted her teeth together, shaking her head. “You’re such an .”

“You love me.” I smirked.

“No.” She shook my head again, standing up. “I don’t.”

“Babe—”

She put a hand up. “Save it.” Turning around, she was just about to make her way inside when I grabbed onto her hand, pulling her back and into my chest where her back was pressed against me

“I’m sorry.” I crooned in her ear, laying a feather of a kiss on it.

“Get off of me, Ji-Yong.” She warned.

“Come on Dara, don’t be like this…”

“I said get off of me, Ji-Yong.” She spat. “Now.”

Sighing, I let her go, taking a step back.

“Thank you.” Dara left the patio, heading back inside.

** 
But despite our arguments, we always found a way to forgive each other.
**
“Dara?”

She didn’t say anything.

I sighed. “Are you still mad at me?”

“You tell me.” She muttered. “You just told all of them that you ‘pleasured’ me. Do you know how embarrassing that was?”

“I wasn’t thinking, okay? I forgot girls are secretive of that .”

She scoffed bitterly. “How the could you forget?”

“I don’t know, okay? I was just fooling around. Trying to have a good time… I should have thought twice before opening my mouth.”

“No, what you need to learn is how to stop talking out of your and use your brain for once.”

Not wanting to turn this into an argument, I nodded my head. “You’re right.”

“I mean, it’s not going to kill you to just—wait, what did you say?” She sat up, her eyes piercing through mine.

“I said…” Walking over to her, I sat by her feet. “You’re right. I should have used my brain for once.”

Dara narrowed her eyes at me. “What’s the catch?”

“Catch? What catch?”

“I don’t know. You’re agreeing without fighting back. This normally doesn’t happen…”

I chuckled. “Well, I guess I’m just tired of fighting with you.” Leaning over, I grabbed her hand, pulling her onto my lap. “I almost lost you; I don’t want to waste my time with having you back on stupid .”

She nodded, understanding where I was coming from. “Me neither.”

“Then believe me when I tell you I’m sorry.”

“It’s not that I don’t believe you. It’s just that I hate when you do things like this. It just ruins the mood and everything.”

Leaning over, I pressed my lips to hers.

**
No matter how hard I tried to push her away,
**
“Ji-Yong…” Dara murmured. “Please… we can do this.”

“Stop it.” I spat, frustration getting the best of me. “It’s over, Dara.”

She shook her head, the tears falling freely down her cheeks, scaring her once again. “Please, Ji-Yong…” She grabbed onto my hand. “Don’t do this, please.”

Giving her a desperate, pained look, I pulled away from her and with a simple shake of my head; I turned and began walking away.

“Ji-Yong…” She spoke frantically, her voice hoarse. “Please! I love you!

I held my head high with my hands inside my pockets.

“Ji-Yong!” She screamed after me. “I love you!”

I continued walking without looking back.

**
We found our way back to each other in the end.
**
“I love you.” She whispered, caressing my skin gently with her fingers.

“Dara…” I grated lowly, my Adams apple moving slowly down my throat before moving back up. “Don’t do this.”

Dara moved closer to my body. “Say it.” She murmured gently, biting her bottom lip.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath. “I…” I paused before continuing, “love you too.”

Smiling softly, she leaned up on my toes before masking my lips with hers.

Hesitating at first, it didn’t take long before I began moving my lips with her. Latching her teeth onto my bottom lip causing me to groan, Dara slipped her tongue into my mouth, our tongues immediately beginning to fight for dominance.

Cupping my face into her hands, she pulled me closer as my arm hooked around her waist, bringing her closer to my body. Digging her fingers into the skin of my cheeks, she deepened the kiss.

Mimicking her actions from before, I grabbed the base of her neck as I continued osculating her, the love and desperation to keep me her perceptible.

Running her fingers up and into my hair, Dara latched down onto the ends, pulling feverishly causing me to moan into her lips.

Pulling away, I pressed my forehead to hers, both of our breathing rigid from how long we had gone without drawing away from one another; our chests moving up and down at an uneven rate. “We shouldn’t be doing this…” I whispered.

“I didn’t see you complaining before you pulled away.” She countered with a smirk.

“Touché” I chuckled before my lips and staring down at hers. “I love you so much…” I pecked her. “You know that, right?”

She nodded. “And I love you too.” Biting her lip, she shifted on her feet. “No matter what happens, I’ll always be here.”

Pressing my lips to hers before pulling away again, I shook my head. “The things you do to me…” I mumbled.

Leaning up once more, she enveloped my lips in a kiss, all the emotions built up inside traveling through, and setting electric bolts around us.

** 
Dara’s arm tightened around my waist as she nuzzled her nose into my chest, scratching innocently at her face before settling back in a deep slumber making me smile down at her.

“He’s going to pay for what he did to you.” I muttered, repeatedly her hair. “I’m going to make sure he feels every ounce of pain you did.” Pressing my lips to the top of her head, I sighed, laying my chin against it. “I just hope nothing goes wrong in the process.”

Stifling a yawn, I glanced at the time and saw it was nearing midnight. Sighing, I pulled out of Dara’s embrace, knowing I had to leave now and go back to the guys. Dragging the blanket over her and making sure she was completely covered, I kissed the top of her head. “I love you.” I murmured softly before walking towards her window. Glancing back towards Dara one last time, I bit the inside of my cheek before leaving.

----------------------------------------------------

Sorry ive been gone for so long ! i was planing to post during winter break but my wifi crashed so the dude just came today to fix it ! so heres another verryy long chapter for all of you guys <3 i would also like to thank you guys for waiting so patiently with me, i love you guys soo mucchh ! BTW THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE STORY ! THERE IS ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO !! ASDFGHJKL !! - Myung_Joon