Chapter 32

Danger

Ji-Yong’s Point of View:

“, , … !”

I groaned, shifting on the bed as the hectic cries filled my ears. I tried to fall back asleep but that didn’t work out well when I heard another curse fly out of their mouth. Rubbing my eyes, I opened them to see Dara fumbling around the room, throwing things left and right. “Babe, what are you doing?”

“Trying to find my clothes!” She continued to scramble around the floors, her face red with anticipation and worry.
I furrowed my eyebrows together, confused. “Babe…”

“Where could they be?!”

“Babe…” I sat up in bed.

“Seriously?” She threw her hands in the air. “They have to be here somewhere!”

“Dara!”

“What?” She spat, turning around. Once she saw me awake, she paused. “Sorry.”
I chuckled. “It’s fine.” I my lips. “But you’re freaking out over nothing.”

“Over nothing? Ji-Yong, I-”

“Your clothes aren’t here. They’re in the hamper.” I tried to contain my laughter once I saw the realization hit her.

“Oh.” She meekly smiled.

“Yeah,” I chuckled lightly. “So come back to bed.” I threw the blanket up, waving her over, still tired.

“Hell no! Are you crazy?” She stared at me incredulously. “We have school today Ji-Yong! Not to mention when I get home, my parents are gonna freak!”
My eyes widened. “I didn’t even think about that.”

“Yeah, neither did I.” She ran her fingers through her hair. “I am never going to hear the end of it! They are going to murder me Ji-Yong.” She paced the floors. “I didn’t even call them to let them know I was alright! They’re probably waiting for me at home right now. Oh my God…” She slapped her hands to her face. “I am so dead!”

“Babe,” I stood up now, making my way over to her. “Everything is going to be alright.” I grabbed her hands, pulling them away from her face. “We’ll talk to them.”

“Oh, sure, Ji-Yong. We’ll let them know how we skipped school, got in a fight, I ended up getting kidnapped, almost , beaten and you ended up saving me and we were so overwhelmed with everything, we forgot to check in on them and let them know I wasn’t going to come home because that will go so well.” Sarcasm dripped from her words.

I sighed. “No we can’t exactly tell them that but we can tell twist the truth a bit.”

Her shoulders slumped. “I am so dead.”



Dara’s Point of View:

“Babe, relax, it’s going to be alright.” Ji-Yong rubbed my shoulder comfortingly.
We were both sitting in his car which was parked in front of my house. I bit my lip, staring straight ahead.

“Babe…”

“You don’t understand Ji-Yong.” I snapped. “They’re not your average, understanding parents. They will kill me and I’m not overreacting. I told you what they did to me when I came home late that night of the party. I got grounded and oh, don’t even get me started with that! I wasn’t even supposed to go out in the first place!” I bit my lip, taking a deep breath.

“Dara..... Dara, look at me.” Ji-Yong rubbed the back of my neck.
I shook my head.

“Dara, come on.” He soothed gently, his fingers brushing the side of my cheek now.

I sighed, looking over at him. “What, Ji-Yong?”

“Can you do me a favor?”

I laughed numbly. “What is it?”
“Close your eyes.”
“What?”
“Just close your eyes Dara.”
I rolled my eyes before doing as he said.

“Alright, now, take a deep breath and let it out.”
I took a deep breath, holding it in for a second before letting it out.

“Now, count to ten.”
I bit the inside of my cheek. Inwardly counting in my head from one to ten and when I finished, I felt myself slowly beginning to relax.

“Are you all better now?”
I nodded.

“Okay, now, open your eyes.”
Opening them, I looked over at him. “How do you do that?”

He chuckled. “It’s my secret. Now, we have about an hour before school starts. I personally could care less but I know you don’t want to be late so it’s now or never babe.”

I nodded my head. He was right. I can’t hide in here forever. I will have to face reality and as much as I didn’t want to, I’d have to.

“I’ll be right here when you’re ready, okay?” He squeezed my hand.
I smiled, looking at our hands then back up at him. “Okay.” Leaning over, I pressed my lips firmly to his before pulling away.

“No,” He held my hand tighter. “C’mere.” Tugging me closer, he leaned down, pressing his lips to mine once more but this time he kept them locked.

I smiled into the kiss, deepening it as I moved in closer.

Ji-Yong my bottom lip, wanting an entrance which I gladly gave.
Our tongues began fighting for dominance as Ji-Yong tugged my body up and into his lap.
It was then when things started to get heated and I began raking my fingers into his hair, pulling us closer together.

Groaning, he bit my bottom lip, slipping his hands down my back and to my , squeezing it.

I moaned into the kiss, wanting nothing more than to continue but I kenw this would have to end soon. “Ji-Yong…” I whispered once I pulled away.

“Mmm?” He began placing kisses on my neck.

“I have to go get ready.”

“Oh,” He sighed. “Right.” Pulling his head from my neck, he grinned up at me. “Go on,” He slapped my .

I laughed, nudging him back before pulling myself off of him and exciting the car once I opened the door. Slamming it shut behind me, I ran up the frontwalk way and to the door.

I fumbled on my feet, glancing back at Ji-Yong who gestured with his hands for me to go on.

I sighed, nodding my head and facing the door. It’s now or never and as much as I’d like for it to be never, it sadly had to be now.

Leaning over, I pressed my knuckles to the door. “Mom? Dad?” I called out. “It’s me, Dara!”

I waited a moment, tapping my foot on the ground. It felt like hours but in reality it’s only been a minute.

Just as I was about to give up and just go to school looking like a bum, the front door opened, revealing Cheondung.

“Dara ?” He stared at me with wide eyes.


“Hey,“ I grimaced. “Are mom and dad home?”
He nodded his head, pointing behind him. “Yeah, they’re in the kitchen. Where have you been?”

“Out.”

“Obviously but where? They’ve been worried sick! They were so close to calling the cops but thank God I convinced them not to!”

“I… got sidetracked.”

“Dara , they are going to kill you!”

“I know, I know but I have a good excuse.”

“Oh, really?”

I nodded. “Yep. It wasn’t necessarily all my fault.”

“I bet it wasn’t.” He sighed, opening the door even wider to let me in.

I walked inside just in time for my mom to be walking to the door.

“Honey, whose at the doo-Dara?!” My mom shrieked, her face contorting in complete surprise. She looked as if she’s seen a ghost.

“Hey mom…” I waved, biting my lip.
“Oh my God!” She pulled me into a hug, squeezing me tight. “Your father and I have been worried sick! Are you alright? Have you eaten? Did you get hurt?”

“Ugh, yeah, I‘m fine mom. I‘m good, I‘m great.” I hugged her back. What in the world is going on? I expected to be yelled at, not comforted.
“Good,” She pulled away, swiping her hair behind her ear. “I was worried that something had happened to you.”

“Nope, I’m okay.” I smiled wearily.

“Alright, now that we’ve got that handled with. Where have you been young lady?” She stared at me with a stern look. “Do you know what time it is? You’ve been gone all night! And what are those clothes you are wearing?” She gawked. “Whose are they?”

And I thought Ji-Yong was bipolar…

“I, ugh, well, you see… this girl and I were assigned this project thing to do at school and we worked on it all through class and then we decided it’d be best if we got it over with earlier so after school we went to her place and I didn’t intend on staying long because I knew I had to be home,” I sighed, biting my lip, not wanting to continue but knowing I had to. “I ended up spilling my drink on my clothes so she handed me a pair of her clothes and we continued on the project and 

I don’t know what happened, I guess we got side tracked and we ended up falling asleep.”

“Falling asleep?”

“Yeah.” I nodded. “I know that sounds stupid but we were tired. We worked so hard on the project and I was going to come home but her mom was so nice and asked if I’d like to stay for dinner and I was starving because I forgot my lunch at him and didn’t eat anything in school and one thing led to another and yeah…”
My mom pinched the bridge of her noise as she let what I had told her sink in. 

“This is the second time you pulled a stunt like this Dara. I am really disappointed in you.”

“I know mom and I’m really sorry! I didn’t have my phone and I just completely forgot to let you know.”

“And to think you were learning your lesson Dara …”

“I did mom!”

“No, no, you didn’t Dara because if you had you wouldn’t have done something so reckless! I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about the horrible things that could have possibly happened to you! I was nearly close to calling the cops on you but thank God your brother convinced me not to!”

“I know mom, I’m really sorry.”

“Sorry isn’t always enough. I want you to go up and get ready for school and when 

you’re done I want you to come down to the kitchen where your father and I will have a quick chat with you.”

“But-”

“Go on,Dara .” She pointed up the stairs.

“Mom-”
“Now!” She spat.
I sighed, moving around her, walking up the stairs and over to my room where I opened the door, making my way to the bathroom where I quickly freshened up.

Stepping out and over to my closet, I picked out a pair of skinny jeans, white tank top and a black jacket with sleeves that ran up to my elbows with a pair of flats to tie the whole look together.

Stripping off Ji-Yong’s clothes, I slipped on my outfit and shoes before checking to make sure I looked aright before leaving and walking down the stairs and into the kitchen where I dreadfully awaited my parents little ‘talk’.

“Hey dad…”


“Sit.” He pointed to the seat across from him.
I obliged to what he said, refusing to look him in the eyes.

“Your mother told me what had happened and I must say, I am very disappointed in you. We raised you better than this.”

“I know that and I’m sorry.”
“Sometimes sorry doesn’t always make it better . You apologized last time and even though we grounded you, you still ended up screwing up.”

“I didn’t mean to-”

“Regardless if you meant to or not, your mother and I do not trust you. We’ve already grounded you, what more could we do?”

I sighed. “I don’t know but I can tell you this much,” I looked up at the both of them for the first time since I sat down and I must say, it pained me to see the hurt in their eyes. “I’m really, really sorry. I know you don’t believe me but I really just wanted to get a good grade on this project and prove to you guys that I take things in my life seriously. I wanted to make you guys proud and… I just, I’m sorry.” I slouched in my seat.

Silence overwhelmed us.
I was about to open my mouth and add onto my little speech but my dad beat me to it.

“Just go to school Dara and when you’re finished, I want you to come right back here. We will be waiting. Your mother and I have a few things to discuss.”

I nodded my head. “Okay.” Standing up, I began to walk out before I decided to just it up. Turning around, I walked back in and hugged them both. “I love you.”

It took them a second but they slowly hugged me back.

“We love you too sweetie. Now, go on, go to school before you’re late.”
I pulled away, smiling softly. “Alright, bye.” Waving, I walked out of the kitchen and out the front door, making my way down the path and over to Ji-Yong’s car.

Once I settled myself inside, Ji-Yong started the car up again.

“So, how did it go?”

“It… went better than I expected. They didn’t kill me as you could tell but they are disappointed in me.” I sighed.

“Don’t worry babe,” He leaned over, patting my knee gently. “They’ll come around.”

“I hope so.” I looked out the window and towards my house.

“What did you tell them anyways?”
After I told him my story he began laughing. I furrowed my eyebrows. “What?”

“You made that all up on the spot?”
“Yeah…”

“Damn babe, you might as well come and work for me.” He chuckled, looking away from the road ahead of him for a split second to glance at me before looking back ahead.

“No, thanks.” I laughed.

“I’m just saying… that’s one heck of a lie.”

“It’s the best I could think of!”

“I just cant believe they bought it.”
“It’s a believable excuse.”


“I guess…” He chuckled.
I smiled, looking away.

“Oh, by the way, Young Bae and the guys want to meet you after school.”

“What?”

“Young Bae knows about you… and us and he knows how much you mean to me so he said he wants to meet you and the guys agreed.”

Should I be worried?”
“No,” He chuckled. “They’re decent guys once you get to meet ‘em.”

“I’m sure they are.” I smirked. “But, you’re going to have to give me a rain check.”

“What? Why?”

“Because my parents want to talk to me right after school and I can’t risk lying to them once more.”

“Damn it.” He turned a corner, driving towards the school. “Does this mean I can’t hang out with you after school?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know. They didn’t tell me my ‘punishment’ yet so who knows what I’ll be able to do?”

He nodded in understanding. “Either way, I’ll find a way. I always do.”
I grinned.

“Oh, by the way, your bags in the backseat. You forgot it here once we went out to eat.”

“, I almost forgot about that.” I leaned over my seat, pressing around for my bag before grabbing it and sitting forwards as Ji-Yong parked in the parking lot of the school.

“I don’t want to be here.” I groaned.

“Me neither. It’s bad enough I had no sleep last night, the last thing I want is to feel the wrath of all the teachers in this hell hole.”

“Did I keep you up last night?” I frowned. “Because if I did, I’m sor--”

“What? No, babe, I just had a lot on my mind and the guys and I had a lot to deal with.”
I nodded, biting my lip. “If you say so.”

“Babe,” He grabbed my hand. “You have nothing to worry about.”

“I know.” I smiled.

“Okay then, let’s go and get this day over with.”
I opened the door, stepping out and waiting for Ji-Yong at the end of the car. Once he came around, he grabbed my hand, pulling me over to him.

“You weren’t lying when you said you’d be by my side twenty four, seven.” I teased.

“Yeah, well, I always keep my promises. Especially when it comes to the one’s I care about.”
I felt my cheeks heat up.

“Are you blushing babe?” Ji-Yong smirked.

“No,” I hid my face.
“I think you are…”

“Oh shut up.” I slapped his chest jokingly.
He laughed.

“You know, babe, you’ve been calling me that a lot lately.”
He arched a brow. “Mhm… you don’t like it?”

“No, I love it. It’s just… you’re saying it more now than you ever did.”

“That’s because at first I had a way to torture you and now… I have a reason to call you that.”

“Oh, really?”
He nodded. “Want to know why?”
I smiled. “Why?”

“Because you’re mine now.” Smirking, he leaned over, pressing his lips to mine.

“Dara ?”

Furrowing my eyebrows together in confusion, I pulled away to see Bom standing in front of us, stunned.

.

--------------------------------

Bom Saw Them..... Whats Gonna Happen ?!?!?! 

-Myung_Joon