Chapter 16

Danger

A few hours had passed and neither Ji-Yong nor I had spoken since. I guess it was too awkward or Ji-Yong was too embarrassed to. Either way, we just sat there staring at the blinking screen of TV that was currently showing re-runs of Jersey Shore.
I turned to look back at Ji-Yong who was currently lying on his back on my bed, his side bandaged, his jaw set and his eyes locked on the TV.
I sighed, looking away.
If you were wondering why he was even staying here in silence and hasn’t gone home yet, well, he can’t necessarily leave in the state he’s in and the spot where he had been stabbed could begin to bleed at any time.
It was too risky.
Yawning, I furrowed my eyebrows. Looking over at the time, it read 11:45 PM. No wonder I was so tried. Gazing down at my outfit, I realized I was still in jeans and a t-shirt. Standing up from the bed, I made my way over to my dresser, looking through my clothes until I found my pajamas. Pulling out a pair of plaid loose pants and a tank-top, I shut the drawer with my hip before walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind me, ignoring Ji-Yong’s eyes on me.
Once I slipped out of my clothes and threw them into the hamper, I put on my pajama’s, throwing my hair up into a messy bun before walking out and back into the room.
Immediately Ji-Yong’s eyes flew over to me.
I ignored his eyes as I walked out of the room and over to Cheondung’s bedroom. “Hey Cheon, are you almost done playing video games?”
He paused the game before turning his head over to me. “Just a few more minutes please.” He looked anxious.
I sighed. “Alright, but just five more minutes. I can’t have mom and dad coming home and seeing you playing video games.” I warned.
“Promise.” He put his hands up before grabbing the controller once more and un-pausing his game.
I shook my head, stifling a laugh. Walking out while shutting the door along with me, I was just about to walk back into my room when my body collided with another’s. Looking up, I saw Ji-Yong looking down at me.
I caught my breath. “Jesus, Ji-Yong.” I let it out slowly, my lips. “You scared me.”
“Sorry.” He monotonously replied. “I was just going to get a cup of water.”
“I’ll get it.” I wiggled out from in front of him, making my way down the stairs and into the kitchen where I grabbed a clean glass, filling it up with water before walking back into my room.
Spotting Ji-Yong lying on his back once more on my bed, I walked over to him, leaning over to hand him his drink. He grabbed it.
“Thanks.”
“No problem.” I tucked my bangs behind my ear, about to go take a seat at the edge of the bed when his voice stopped me.
“Come here.” He mumbled, settling the glass on the stand beside the bed.
I knitted my eyebrows together. “What?”
He his lips, locking his eyes with mine--they were unreadable as usual but they held a warm feeling to them. “I said, come here.” He patted the spot next to him.
I bit my lip, contemplating what If I should or not.
He sighed. “Are you still mad about what I said before?” He searched my face for any sign of discomfort.
I shook my head. “No, I got over that a long time ago.” I lied. I wasn’t really over it. I mean, all I did was try to help him and he had the nerve to call me the c-word?
“Then come on and lay next to me.” He mumbled in a hushed yet demanding tone.
I bit the inside of my cheek while walking over and pulling myself up on my bed before laying down beside him, an inch or so in between us.
“I don’t bite.” He muttered before wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer to him so that our sides touched.
I bit my lip, feeling my cheeks grow hot. The only time I’ve ever been this close to him was back in the bathroom when we…
“I’m sorry, you know.” He mumbled.
I sighed. “I know.”
He shook his head but kept silent. “I got carried away, that’s all.” He stared ahead, not daring to even look at me once.
I hesitated before laying a hand on his cheek and turning his face to look at me. “It’s fine, okay?” I whispered. “Everyone gets angry. I’m sure you didn’t mean it.” I pulled my lips up to a soft small smile.
“Yeah,” He mumbled. his lips, he gazed down at me, taking me in from head to toe. “You’re beautiful, you know that?” He whispered.
I bit my lip. “Thank you.”
“To be honest…” He looked into my eyes. “I don’t think you know just how beautiful you are.”
I pressed my lips together, anticipation building inside of me as my stomach began filling up with numerous amounts of butterflies.
“I think I should show you.” He continued to whisper, his lips just inches from mine. “Would you let me?” He stared long and hard into my eyes, an unknown feeling running through my veins.
I opened my mouth to say something but soon closed it once I realized I was rendered speechless. Picking at the skin of my lips, I nodded.
Leaning down, he brushed my bangs from my face, his fingers tracing the side of my face before moving over to my lips. Moving in closer, he fluttered his eyes to a close, his lips just centimeters away until they pressed firmly to mine.
An indescribable feeling swelled my heart as I pulled his face closer to mine, my palm pressed against his warm cheek as I moved myself closer to his body.
Moving his head to the other side without removing his lips from mine, he leaned in closer to me, the top of his body on top of mine as his lips continued to mine. His hand gently held the side of my neck, his thumb caressing the side of my jaw.
Parting his lips from mine so that we could both take a quick breath to pull ourselves together, Ji-Yong laid his forehead against mine before pecking my lips and moving his head down to the crook of my neck.
I gasped the moment his plump lips met in contact with my warm skin, sending me into an all time high. Fluttering my eyes to a close, my mouth gaped open, I wrapped my arm around his neck.
He flicked his tongue on the spot he had kissed before opening his mouth and on it, causing me to moan.
Grinning against my skin, he even harder, slowly the supple skin, kissed it one last time before traveling butterfly kisses along my neck until he got to the other side, kissing the same spot over and over again until he found my sweet spot, causing me to moan even louder than before.
“Ji-Yong…” I whimpered, digging my teeth into my bottom lip.
He continued his techniques before he pulled away, grinning down at me. Just as he was about to press his lips back to mine, the door to my room flew open, Cheondung frantically running in.
Pushing Ji-Yong off me as gently and fast as I could, I sat up. “Cheondung, what’s wrong?”
“Mom and dad are home!” He threw his hands in the air.
My eyes widened. “,” I muttered, jumping out of my bed and walking over to him. “Okay. If she asks anything, remembering, you saw nothing. Okay? I listened to music and stayed in my room. You did what you did and you’re going to sleep. Alright?”
He frantically nodded. “Alright.”
“Okay, good. Now go and act like you normally would.” I began pushing him out of the room.
Once he agreed, I shut the door before locking it. “Alright, you need to hide. My mom’s going to come up here at any second to check up on me.” I walked over to him, grasping his upper arm. Just as I began to pull him, I was pulled back. “I said you need hide!” I whisper-yelled at him.
He shook his head. “I’m not staying Dara. I gotta go. There is no way you can hide me in here for the whole night while you’re grounded.”
“But your wound can start to bleed again.” I hissed in a light tone.
He chuckled. “Babe, you make it seem like this is the first time this has happened to me.” He smirked. “I’ll be fine. I know how to handle myself.”
“Obviously,” I rolled my eyes. “But, you never know--”
Pressing his lips to mine, he soon pulled away. “You talk too much.” He cheesed before standing up.
I sighed, my lips.
Walking over to my window, he turned to me. “I’ll see you soon, alright?”
I nodded, walking over to him.
Opening the window, he looked over at me. “Try not to worry too much.” He softly encouraged.
I sighed. “I’ll try.” I mumbled, looking away.
Thumbing my chin, he pressed his lips gently to mine before pulling away and opening the window. “That‘s my girl.” He smiled before pulling his left leg over the edge and sitting down on it while pulling his other leg over so that he sat on the ledge. Grabbing onto the pole I had on the side of my house, he ed his body out from the window and onto it in one swift movement, making me wonder just how many times he did things like this.
Sending me a subtle wink, he slid down before jumping off.
I was just about to wave goodbye when there was a knock at my door.
“Dara? Are you in there?”
“Yeah,” I called back while walking over to the door and opening it.
She walked inside, taking a look around. “Why was your door locked?”
“I was dressing up, didn’t want Cheondung to walk in here while I was changing.” I inwardly smiled at myself, proud that I had come up with a lie so quick.
“Oh, alright.” She her lips, taking another look in her room before retrieving her eyes back over to me.
“How was the things back at the chur--” I began to ask when she cut me short.
“Sandara Park! What is that on your neck?!” My mom’s eyes widened as she stared at me with a stern look.
“What?” I pressed my hand to my neck, feeling my stomach drop to the floor. Rushing to the bathroom, I looked into the mirror and there smack on the side of my neck is a colored mark otherwise known as a hickey.
“Well?” My mom stared at me with daggers falling from her eyes, her foot tapping on the floor impatiently.
“Oh this?” I pointed to my neck, faking a laugh. “I…” I raked my brain for a lie. “I was trying to curl my hair when I hit the side of my neck by accident while pulling it away from my hair…” I pursed my lips, wondering if I strung that excuse together in a way that it made sense.
She narrowed her eyes at me. “I don’t see your hair in curls, Dara.” She gestured her hands over to the bun on my head.
“Oh… after I burned myself, I kinda gave up and threw my hair up into a messy bun.” I linked my fingers together, pressing my lips into a thin line, hoping and praying that she’ll believe me.
She seemed to think about it for a moment before slowly nodding her head. “Alright. Did you put any cream on it to make sure it doesn’t scar you?”
I nodded my head. “Already beat you to it mom.” I laughed.
Nodding her head, she began heading to the door. “Okay, as long as that thing disappears, you should be fine. Have a goodnight sweetheart.”
“Goodnight mom.”
And with a smile, I waved at her before shutting my door closed. Laying my back against it, I let out a breath I didn’t even realize I had been holding in all this time.

Ji-Yong is so dead the next time I see him.

 

*****************

Soooo..... What do you think ?!

-Myung_Joon