Chapter 56

Danger

Dara's Point Of View
:

My stomach plummeted to the ground in horror. This couldn’t be happening right now.

The moment Ji-Yong froze up beside me, I knew something was wrong but I never expected the reason behind that was because Luke was here.

Out of all days for him to come here, it had to be today.

“Dara , sweetheart, are you okay?” It was my mom but for some reason despite how close she was, she seemed so far away.

I gulped, watching as Luke smiled flirtatiously—or in my perspective—disgustingly at the host before she giggled, and laying a hand to his shoulder while gesturing with the other towards what I presumed was their seats.

Just as they turned to follow the host, an unfamiliar friend of Luke’s tapped his chest, pointing towards something and immediately Luke’s gaze began to turn in my direction.

Snapping my head to face my parents, I pinched Ji-Yong’s hand to grab his attention as well.

“Dara , are you alright?” A worried expression found its way to my mom’s face.

“Oh, uhm, yeah, I’m fine.” Shaking my head, I took a sip of my drink.

“You’re shaking honey.” Concern tinted her words and it wasn’t until I looked down that I noticed that I was.

“Dara …” My dad began now, his eyebrows creased. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

Ji-Yong’s eyes seared against the side of my face, his gaze so intense it could, if possible, burn holes through my flesh. I knew he wanted to say something but if he did, His cover would be blown and all hell would break loose.

my lips, I cleared my throat. “I’m fine; I just thought I saw a bug or something…” I waved a hand dismissively, trying to change the subject off of me.

“A bug?” Cheondung looked at me, finally speaking since we’ve arrived.

“Yes.” I hissed. “A bug.” Once I saw the look of surprise cross Cheondung’s face, guilt kicked in. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to snap at you.” Sighing, I stood up. “Can I be excused for a moment please?”

“Where are you going?” My dad asked, taken back by all that’s happening.

“Bathroom.”

My mother nodded, gesturing with her hands for me to go. “We’ll be here when you get back.”

I gave her a sympathetic smiling, silently thanking her, giving Ji-Yong a desperate look right after in which to say I was both nervous and worried.

Slipping out of his spot next to me in the booth, he waited for me to come out as well before looking down at me with a solemn expression. Cupping my cheek into the palm of his hand, he caressed it gently, his eyes boring into mine. Leaning down, he pressed his lips to my forehead. “It’s going to be okay.” He mumbled.

“I know.” I whispered, shooting him a small smile before brushing past him and walking to the bathroom, Ji-Yong’s eyes on me the entire walk there.

Pulling on the handle, I stepped inside the open space, the door whooshing to a close behind me, making me jump in fright from the unexpected sound.

Cursing my life to the extreme, I forced myself to relax. Walking over to a sink of five perched on the wall across from the bathroom stalls ; I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

My face was drained of its natural color, looking as though I’ve seen a ghost. My cheeks were tinted red, my palms sweaty.

my lips, I the faucet, letting the cold water run wildly before putting my hands under it. Goosebumps erupted against my skin from the unforeseen cold. Biting the inside of my cheek, I took my damp hands, pressing them against my cheeks, trying to get rid of the warmth.

Dabbing them against my neck after, I took a paper napkin, drying myself off.

Throwing it in the trash, I took a deep breath, looking back up at the girl staring back at me, a girl that I didn’t even recognize to be me.

How did my life take a turn for the worse?

Why did God hate me so much?

All I wanted was one night to be happy, one night to live in the moment and not have to worry about any outside situations. Things were just beginning tolook good for both Ji-Yong and I and of course something had to get in the way of that.

Shaking my head to rid of the tears that desperately wanted to spill, I decided it would be best to go back to the table. I already looked suspicious enough; the last thing I wanted was to give them another reason that something was obviously wrong with me.

Opening the door that led outside of the bathroom, I turned around, ready to go back to the booth when I felt a pair of hands grab my upper arms, pinning me violently against the wall.

I let out a shriek from the sudden pain though it came out muffled due to a hand covering my mouth. I alarmingly looked up to see Luke hovering over me.

My stomach dropped in fear but I tried my best to cover it up like I had once before in a situation close to this one. Once I calmed down enough, he took is hand away from my mouth, giving me the room to speak. “Let go of me.” I spoke sternly, trying hard to get out of his grasp.

“No can do baby.” He spoke in that same low raspy voice that brought shivers down my spine.

“Luke there’s people everywhere. You won’t get away with this now get your filthy hands off of me.” I spat, anger getting the best of me.

“Ou, still as feisty as the last time I saw you.” He smirked. “I don’t think you want a repeat of what happened last time you got nasty with me?” I stayed silent as his eyes stared hard against mine.

I squirmed under him, wanting to get away. If Ji-Yong saw us, he’d go insane and I couldn’t have this dinner taking a turn for the worst.

Things were finally looking okay for us.

“I suggest you stop moving unless you want me to ring that pretty little neck of yours.” He sneered in annoyance.

“Get off of me or I swear to God, I will scream.” I warned, trying to sound threatening but all that did was get him livider.

“Do that and I’ll blow your head off,” He deadly whispered, his fingers curling into the skin of my shoulders.

I froze, not wanting to push my luck any further. “What do you want?”

He chuckled, leaning his head down beside my ear, his lips brushing against it. “You.”


Ji-Yong’s Point of View:

It’s been about ten minutes now since Dara left and I was starting to get worried. I know girls take forever in the bathroom but with Luke in the same area, I couldn’t help but think of the worst.

“I hope she’s alright.” Melissa murmured to her husband, concern laced within her words.

“I’m sure she’s fine Melissa, don’t worry.” Even though Paul, Dara’s father, tried to come off as calm and collected, you could tell he was just as antsy as his wife.

“Ji-Yong, do you perhaps know what’s gotten into her?” Paul turned to me, his face blank of any emotions except for apprehension over his daughter.

I shook my head, standing up. “No, but I’ll go see what’s taking her so long.”

He cocked an eyebrow, crossing his arms against his chest. “I don’t suppose you’ll go inside the bathroom?”

I forced a soft chuckle. “No sir, I’m just going to knock on the door from the outside.”

Nodding, he turned away from me, trying not to worry about what’s going on.

“Why don’t I just go and see if she’s alright?” Melissa stood up and immediately something inside of me told me not to let her go.

“No!” I spoke louder then I intended causing them all to look at me, taken back. “I mean, you don’t want her to think you don’t trust her. I’ll just go.” Forcing a smile, I walked away before any of them could protest.

Smiling at all the passersby, I turned a corner, reading a sign that stated where the bathrooms were located before going as directed. Passing the means room, I came to an abrupt stop at the sight in front of me.

Luke had Dara pinned against the wall, his face dangerously close to hers.

Anger pulsed through my veins and my jaw twitched. Walking over to them, I grabbed Luke by the back of his shirt, pulling him off of her. “The do you think you’re going?”

Rage flashed through his eyes, his shoulders hunched like an animal ready to attack its prey.

If this son of a wants to brawl, I was all ready for it. I’d kill the motherer and have him begging for me to stop.

Grabbing onto Dara’s wrist, I pulled her behind me, ready to protect her in every way possible, just like I promised.

“You can hide your girl behind your dirty as much as you want Kwon; it won’t stop me from killing both you and that little .” Luke sneered, knowing just what to say to get under my skin.

“Refer to her in that term again and I’ll murder your .” I hissed.

“Ou, I’m scared.” He faked a shiver, rolling his eyes dramatically, showing off that he didn’t care in the slightest bit.

Little did he know I knew his tricks and I wasn’t going to let him get to me. Not now, when both Dara and I’s relationship was on the line. “You’re a Delgado,” I spit harshly, disgust evident on my face. “Only an amateur like you would try to play tough and cause trouble in a public place. Any respected person would know, a fight’s supposed to be outside in an open area not where it could easily be stopped.”

“Nah Kwon, it’s all about technique. I know how to play my game better than you think.” He smirked as if he had one over me.

I merely chuckled. “You’re pathetic if you think you’re going to win over me. I’ve already told you once Luke, I always come out first and nothing you say or do can change that.”

“That’s why I’m still standing right?” He opened up his arms, doing a full three sixty.

“Only reason you’re still breathing today is because I had enough control to keep myself from causing any more harm to my girl. Unlike you Delgado, I have respect for girls.” My nose hairs flared and I could feel myself growing hot with anticipation to kill him.

Dara upon noticing my deadly nature put a hand on my shoulder, her lips pressed against my ear. “Don’t do this here.” She whispered and I knew she was right.

Nodding, I put my guard down, relaxing enough to pull my thoughts together. “I don’t have time for your bull. I suggest you off now or you’ll regret this later.”

“You’re walking away?” Luke, scoffed, shaking his head. “And you call me the .” He snarled in sarcasm.

“Something you could never get.” I spat back, pulling Dara alongside with me as we walked out of the hall where the bathrooms were, traveling through the main foyer and over to the booth where Dara’s family was waiting patiently.

Just as we were about to arrive,Dara’s hand slipped from my grasp and I snapped my head around to see Luke with his left arm wrapped around her neck, holding her close to his chest, the other with a gun pressed against Dara’s waist.

Dara gasped for air, tears whelming up in her eyes as she stared over at me in horror.

“Move and I shoot her.” Luke spat, tightening his grip on Dara .

Everyone inhaled, their eyes wide in shock to what had just happened meanwhile Paul and Melissa stood up, alarmed.

My stomach clenched and out of habit, I reached behind me, under my shirt, grasping onto the handle of my gun. Pulling it out, I held it out in front of me, pointing it towards Luke. “Let her go, Luke.”

“I suggest that everyone puts their phones away if they ing want to live!” He barked causing everyone around us to come to a halt, stopping any chance of calling for help before turning to me. “Put your gun down, Kwon.”

“You first, Delgado.” I countered, my breathing hitched, my palms sweaty.

“No can do.” He smirked in sick triumph, the tip of his gun running alongside Dara ’s side making my blood boil.

“You won’t get out of here alive if you don’t ing let her go!” I growled, keeping a firm hold on the stem of my gun, ready to shoot if necessary.

“I’ll take my chances.” He refuted, demise flashing through his eyes, staring at me with intensity, our gazes on lock with one another.

“She has nothing to do with you.” I hissed, desperate for him to let her go.

“But she has something to do with you and what’s the second best thing to killing your worthless ?” He sickly grinned. “Killing the only thing left precious to you.”

“Touch her and I’ll rip you apart limb from limb.” I warned.

“Your threats mean nothing to me.”

“They should.” I spat. “They don’t call me Danger for nothing. I’ll kill your and make it look like an accident. I’ll wreck you, do you ing understand me? I’ll have you groveling for mercy.” All emotions went out the window and darkness took over, the monster inside erupting.

“Ji-Yong…” Dara muttered tears already staining her cheeks as mascara ran down along with them, expressing her fear.

“Shut up!” Luke sneered, harshly pulling at Dara, his gun ramming into her side causing her to help out in pain.

I took a step forward, ready to attack.

“Move again and I’ll blow her head off, Kwon!” Luke screamed his face hot with fury.

“You don’t know what the you’re getting yourself into.” I shook my head, humorlessly laughing. “You think after this I won’t come after you? You’ve got another thing coming Luke. Go ahead, kill her and see what the I do to you after.” I presaged, death crossing through my eyes and traveling over to Luke’s, showing him just how serious I was.

“You want to know what I’ve learned about you Kwon?” Luke didn’t waiting for my answer before continuing, “You’re all talk but no action.”

“You say beating the living out of you until you couldn’t breathe no action? Then you’re more deluded then I thought. Get your head out of your Delgado and realize you’ve got nothing over me.”

“What in God’s creation is going on?” I turned around to see Paul staring over at us with wide eyes, completely out of the loop.

“I suggest you keep your mouth shut pops, if you want to keep breathing.” Luke snapped.

“Don’t speak to him like that. This is between you and me.” I hissed, taking Luke’s attention away from Paul and back towards me.

“What Kwon? You’re going soft now?” Luke smirked, amusement on his face.

“No, it’s called taking care of the problem at hand and right now that problem happens to be you.” I hissed. “Let Dara go and you live. Touch her and I kill you. Your choice.”

“I think I’ll take my chances.” Luke grinned, keeping Dara held tightly against him.

Pulling the tick of the gun back, a small clicking sound heard, I poised the gun out in front of me, aiming for Luke’s heart. “Let her go.”

Luke mimicked my actions, clicking his gun back as well. “I don’t think so.”

“I’m going to give you five seconds Delgado.” I looked over at Dara, staring into her blurred, puffy eyes, sending her a clear message, praying that she was understanding what I was trying to tell her.

The only way to get her out of this situation was if she got out of his hold and there was only one way that could happen that didn’t involve me kicking his .

“Five seconds will go by too fast Kwon. Don’t you want to say goodbye to your girl first?”

“I won’t have to.” I shot back irritatingly, wanting him to shut the up already. Flicking my gaze towards Dara once more, I furrowed my eyebrows together.

Biting her lip, she nodded her head.

“You seem so sure of yourself.” Luke chuckled, finding this all to be amusing to him only adding onto how sick and ed up he is.

I watched as Dara positioned herself unknowingly against Luke, her breathing slightly hitched from the nerves eating her up inside. She knew that if she ed this up, she was a goner. Too much was at stake right now, her life including everyone else’s.

“Maybe because I’m way smarter than you think, Delgado.” I shifted on my feet, re-curling my fingers around the trunk of my gun, my knuckles white from the pressure I was putting on it.

“From where I’m standing Kwon, it looks like you’re a nervous wreck. Why don’t you just let it go and stop trying to act like you run now?”

“I’ll always run this town, Delgado and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

Luke shrugged carelessly. “Not after I kill your girl and blow your head off, you won’t.”

I smirked. “Guess again.”

Right when Luke was about to retaliate, Dara picked up her foot before slamming it down onto Luke’s, her heel digging into him while elbowing him in the ribs soon after making Luke double over in pain.

Reaching forwards, I grabbed onto Dara , pulling her away and over to her parents before grabbing Luke’s wrist and slamming it down onto my knee causing him to let go of his gun. Kicking it away from reach, I pulled Luke up, sending a sharp blow to his jaw.

Dara’s parents pulled her into an embrace, murmuring all sorts of questions varying from if she was alright to what’s happening.

Grasping onto Luke’s shoulders, I shoved my knee into his stomach twice before punching him once more, this time on the nose. A sharp crack was heard signaling it was broken.

Taking my gun, I pushed it against the side of his head. “How do you like being held at gun point big boy?” I sneered in disgust, wanting nothing more than to blow his head off.

“Ji-Yong, don’t!” Dara desperately cried out, knowing I wouldn’t hesitate to kill him just like I hadn’t with the rest of them who had the balls to cross me.

Shaking my head, I inwardly cursed. I knew I couldn’t kill the bastard in front of everyone especially not in front of her parents. Grabbing his neck, I seeped my fingers into his skin before slamming him onto a nearby table. Leaning down so that my face hovered over his, I growled lowly. “If you ever pull a stunt like this again, I’ll kill you. Do you ing understand me?”

When Luke didn’t respond, I tightened my grip on his neck. “Do you?”

He didn’t say anything. Instead, he clawed at my hand, wanting me to release him.

“Let him go Ji-Yong! Don’t do this here, please!”Dara’s voice was heard from afar but I ignored her, turning my attention towards Luke. I moved towards his ear making sure what I said was only heard by him and no one else.

“This is not over Delgado. Do you hear me? I am going to make sure you regret ever starting a war with me. I’m going to make you experience the worst painful death. I’m going to have you groveling for your life, begging for mercy and forgiveness. If you thought I was going to let what you did to Dara go, you have another thing coming. This was the final straw. After tonight, you better count your blessings Delgado because you won’t live to see tomorrow once I’m done with you.” Shoving him back once more, I pulled away from him.

Dara ran over to me, grasping onto my arm and holding onto me tight.

“The cops are on their way!” One shouted. “Everyone, please remain calm, everything will be alright!” A man in a suit walked in, his arms held in the air gesturing towards all of us.

I let out a deep breath, squeezing my eyes shut, hoping that when I open my eyes, this will all be just a dream but much to my dismay, when I opened them, everything was still in place.

Dara had her head dug into my chest, Dara’s parents had a look of disbelief on their faces and Cheondung was standing there in awe as to what just occurred.

my life couldn’t be any more relevant at this moment.