Chapter 12

Danger

I found myself lying in bed thinking about things--life and that’s not a good thing. You see, I have a tendency to over think things. Which is why I hate staying awake when I’m trying to go to sleep. I rather hit my head against a brick wall instead. Call me crazy but it beats the heck out of thinking about everything.
Sighing, I sat up in bed, rubbing fiercely at my temples, trying to calm myself down before I go insane.
It’s almost two in the afternoon and I’m exhausted yet sleep won’t overcome me and I have no freaking idea why.
My parents are at work and won’t be back until later on. I’m stuck here floating in my thoughts. That’s not a good combination.
If only I wasn’t grounded. I would have left and gone to Bom’s house or something.
Pulling the blanket off from around my body, I shifted around so that my feet hung from the side of the bed. Looking around, I tried to find something that could take my mind off of things.. But there was no such luck.
My parents took away everything. My TV, computer, iPod, laptop, mp3 player (don’t ask why I still have one because I have no idea why), and my phone.
Yes, they took away my phone just an hour after I snuck back into the house. Which by the way, I ended up doing safely. I didn’t get caught this time. If only I would have been that lucky last time.
So, now, I’m stuck here, at home, bored out of my mind, doing absolutely nothing and thinking about everything.
Dragging myself out of my bed, I headed into the bathroom where I stripped of my clothes, throwing them in the hamper before stepping into the shower where I turned the knobs and let the hot water spray against me.
This felt like --excuse the pun.
Pouring the shampoo into the palm of my head I began rubbing at my scalp. I closed my eyes, feeling at an all time high. The best time of the day is when I take a shower because I’m all alone with no interruptions and I can stay as long as I want--well as long as the water can stay hot before turning cold.
Rubbing the bar of soap along my arms and legs, I hummed to a beat of my own tune, bobbing my head mindlessly to the song I made up. Closing my eyes once more, I moved under the water, letting the soap fall from my body and hair.
Moving my arms up and down my skin, I felt myself getting flushed as thoughts of Ji-Yong running his hands along my body took over. It was as if he was the one with his hands on me. Biting down on my lip, I moved to rubbing my neck where I imagined Ji-Yong placing soft kisses on it.
I softly moaned to myself, the image in my head so vivid as if it were happening… as if it were real.
My eyes snapped open, my mouth agape, my hands freezing in place. I looked around me, noticing I was in the shower, by myself and there was no Ji-Yong in sight.
What in the world just happened?
You were having thoughts about Ji-Yong. The back of my head snapped at me playfully, making me wince.
Cursing myself mentally, I quickly rinsed myself, washing my hair with the conditioner before taking that off too and shutting the water off. Stepping out of the shower, I grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my body.
Walking into my room, I quickly changed into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt before drying my hair with the towel and throwing it to the side.
Sitting on the edge of my bed, I ran my fingers through my hair, closing my eyes tight.
Did I really just do what I think I did in the shower? I didn’t want to believe it. I couldn’t. I mean.. me? Thinking about Ji-Yong.. In that way? I couldn’t picture it.
But you did before. The back of my head spoke once more, driving me mad.
I dropped myself to lay on my back, my knees bent at the edge of the bed. I was losing my mind, there was no other explanation to it.
I mean, how could I, Park Sandara, do that? Think like that?
It’s possible, I know.
But about Ji-Yong?
Kill me now.
He’s hot and you know it. The voice spoke up again.
I know he’s hot. He’s freaking smoking but he’s also a criminal. A very hot, daring, mysterious criminal…
Stop Dara , stop thinking like that. He’s still a bipolar murderer. I mentally dictated myself.
I groaned.
Why does life have to be so confusing?
“Dara!” The annoying voice that belonged to my brother screamed out.
“What?” I spat. I was not in the mood for his bull.
“Bom’s here!” He shouted back.
I immediately rose to my feet, springing out the door and down the stairs where indeed, Bom was standing.
“Bom!” I shouted, running over to her and pulling her into a tight hug.
Bom was the perfect distraction away from thoughts of Ji-Yong.
She giggled, hugging me back. “Hey Dara.” She pulled away.
“What are you doing here?” I questioned then remembered she doesn’t know I’m grounded.
“Why? I can’t visit my best friend?” She gave me a surprised look while playfully smirking, showing me she was just joking.
I laughed. “No, of course you can. It’s just.. never mind.” I shook my head.
She gave me a weird look. “O--kay?” She laughed before walking into the living room where Dennis sat playing video games.
“Beat it loser, Bom and I need to talk.” I thumbed behind me, motioning towards the stairs.
“No,” He continued playing.
I arched a brow. “You sure about that?” I walked over to his Xbox, leaning down to the power button. “Say I won’t do it.” I warned.
“Okay!” He jumped to his feet, his arms out in front of him, shaking fiercely for me to not do it.
He knew better than to mess with me.
I smirked. “Leave.”
He rolled his eyes before pausing the game and walking up the stairs and into his room.
I turned towards Bom, with a satisfied grin. “That always does it.”
She shook her head. “You’re so mean to him.”
“No I’m not.” I defensively stated. “It’s either he leaves or listens in on us.” I shrugged, taking a seat next to her on the couch.
“Whatever,” She playfully rolled her eyes at me.
I picked at my nails, waiting for her to start the conversation. She obviously came here for a reason, despite the fact that she wanted to see me.
Like expected, she began talking. “Where did you go to after the party from last night? You, like, disappeared!”
“What? I was looking for you! You couldn’t be found anywhere.” I gave her an incredulous look. I could have sworn my eyes were about to fall out.
“When?”
“Exactly!” I threw my hands in the air. “You don’t even know when. Where did you even go? I was trying to find you but you legit left me.”
“I didn’t leave you! I went to the bathroom.”
I scrunched my face up together. “How did you got to the bathroom? We weren’t at a house party!”
She froze, closing before blushing and looking down, embarrassed. “Well, you see.. I..”
“Oh God, Bom.. What did you do?” I could only imagine all the possible different scenarios. “You didn’t go to some guys house, did you?”
“What? Ew no!” She vigorously shook her head.
“Then where did you go?” I furrowed my eyebrows together.
“I, well.. You see, I really had to go to the bathroom, and like you said there wasn’t any around so I kinda went into the woods and well, peed.” She looked away.
My mouth fell open in shock.
“Bom!” I shrieked.
“What?” She shyly avoided my gaze.
“That’s disgusting!” I shouted. “That’s worse than going to a guys house! I would have rather you go to some strangers place than the freaking woods!”
“Sh! Can you not yell? Your brothers upstairs!” She snapped at me.
“I don’t care! You don’t know who could have seen you or what kind of creature could have been there.” I shook my head at her stupidity.
I mean, Bom wasn’t always the brightest in the bunch but, damn, I didn’t think she was that stupid.
“I know, but, I was drank a lot and really had to pee..” She looked away from me again.
I sighed. “You’re crazy, you know that?”
“But you love me, right?” She batted her eyelashes, giving me a “cute” look.
I laughed. “I’m just glad nothing happened to you.” I thought back to when I found Ji-Yong and his crew in the woods, my stomach churned.
“What about you?” Bom tucked a foot under her , turning to fully face me now.
“What about me?”
“Where did you go? I was looking for you everywhere after and couldn’t find you.”
“I..” I paused. I couldn’t exactly tell her about Ji-Yong and what I saw. I promised I wouldn’t say anything and well, I didn’t want to die. “I went home. I mean, it was getting late and I thought you left so I did.” I mindlessly shrugged.
I hated lying to her (or to anyone) for that matter. But this had a good reason behind it and was totally worth lying about.
“Sorry.” She gave me a meaningful look.
I smiled. Bom was always the softy. Even though she put up a tough exterior, she hated upsetting people. Not that she really upsetted me or anything.
“It’s okay.” I waved my hand at her dismissively.
Dara was just about to say something else when someone began talking first, interrupting her.
“Dara?” I snapped my head up to see that my mom was standing in the doorway of the front entrance.
“Oh, hey Mrs.Park.” Bom politely smiled, waving at her.
“Hello sweetheart,” My mom smiled back. “How are you?”
“I’m good. How about you?”
“I’m good.”
That’s weird.. My mom didn’t even say anything about Bom being here.
“That’s good sweetie.” My mom smiled again. “Don’t take this the wrong way though, but what are you doing here?” She knitted her eyebrows together, while shifting the strap of her purse up her shoulder.
I spoke too soon.
“Just thought I’d stop by to talk to Dara.” Bom motioned towards me with her hand.
“Oh, I’m sorry honey, but, Dara’s grounded.”
Bom spun her head around to face me.
I innocently bit my lip.
“Didn’t she tell you that?” My mom questioned.
“You took my phone away, remember?” I flakily sweet-talked to her.
She merely ignored me.
“No, she didn’t..” Bom gave me a look.
I shrugged.
Bom looked back over at my mom. “I’m sorry Mrs. Gomez. I didn’t know.” She stood up.
“It’s okay, don’t worry about it.”
Bom looked down at me. “I’ll see you..--”
“At school.” My mother finished for her.
I pointed at my mom. “What she said.”
She nodded before turning towards my mom. “Alright, sorry for the intrusion.”
“You didn’t intrude honey. I’ll see you around, okay? Tell your mother I said hi!” She waved at Bom who just walked out of the house.
Hearing Bom’s voice yell back an okay, mother closed the door.
“Didn’t I say you were grounded?” My mom gave me a pointed look.
“Didn’t you say you were going to work?” I snapped back at her.
“Don’t use that tone with me.” She warned with narrowed eyes.
I looked away. “,” I muttered, low enough for only me to hear.
But being that she had the ears of a hawk, she heard. Walking over to me, she stood at the foot of the couch. “What did you just say?”
“I said what are you doing home?” I ignored her death gaze.
She let the topic drop, not wanting to start an argument.
Thank you Jesus Christ.
“They let me out early because the patients that were scheduled for today were all over and done with and there was nothing left for me to do at the office.” She began walking into the kitchen.
“Oh okay,” I got up from the couch, turning to walk away when her voice stopped me from continuing on any further.
“I don’t want anymore surprised guests Dara. Remember, you’re grounded.”
“How could I forget?” I muttered before giving her a thumbs up and fake smile. She merely shook her head, turning away from me.
I walked away.
Making my way up the stairs, I opened the door to my brothers room, sticking my head inside to see him throwing a basketball in the air before catching it and repeating. “You can go back downstairs. Bom left and mom came home.”
“Kay,” He shot up from his bed, dropping the basketball on a pile of clothes before running out and down the stairs.
I shook my head before entering my room and closing the door shut behind me.
Walking over to my bed, I plopped down on top of it, head first, into the pillows. Before I knew it, sleep finally took over me and my eyes drifted to a close.
________________________________________
Thump.
I shifted in bed, turning on my side tiredly.
Thump.
Groaning, I tried to block out the noise.
Thump.
What in the world..?
Turning around, I looked at the that hung over my bed which read 8:45PM.
Crash, bump, thump.
“,” I heard someone mutter angrily to themselves.
I sat up in bed once I realized the sound was coming from inside my room. “Cheondung?” I called out quietly.
No answer.
“Mom?”
No answer again.
“Dad?” I now slowly shifted upwards, dropping my feet to the hardwood floors, my heart accelerating with each step I took. “Is anyone there?”
Walking over to where I heard the sound come from, I felt my stomach drop at the sight of my window being opened. I had it closed when I fell asleep.
Turning around, I rammed into something, or should I say, someone.
I opened my mouth, ready to scream my brains out when a hand clasped over my mouth. I began to freak out, trying to pry the hand off of my mouth.
“Will you clam down?! It’s just me!” I hear someone hiss.
Someone who sounded fairly familiar. Calming down enough for the person to take their hand away from my mouth, I turned around to see Ji-Yong standing before me.
“What the ?” I hissed quietly, remembering my mom being downstairs.
“Will you stop being so loud? You’re giving me a migraine.”
I was just about to retaliate to his dumb question and statement when the lights from outside radiated off his body, casting a soft glow and contrasting the color on his skin--but it wasn’t just any color.
It was blood.

 

****************

DUN DUN DUNNNN ! 

-Myung_Joon