Chapter 33

Danger

Dara's Point of View:

Out of all the things that have happened in my life, this has got to be the most awkward and trust me, I’ve had plenty of those moments.

I my lips, gulping down the ball in my throat that began to form. My palms began to sweat and I could have sworn my heart beat accelerated.

I felt a squeeze on my hand and I turned to see Ji-Yong staring down at me, he smiled softly before directing his eyes towards Bom.

I took a deep breath. Knowing I had Ji-Yong on my side made me feel a lot better. It was easier knowing I wasn’t in this alone. “Bom, hey…”

Her face contorted the utmost confusion, her eyebrows still furrowed together and her lips pursed. “Hi.”

I squeezed Ji-Yong’s hand even tighter, not knowing what to do. Should I tell her the truth or lie to her face?

I decided enough for enough. Lying had become a part of me now and I was growing tired of it. “Listen, it’s not what it looks like--”

“I think it does.” She spat.
I sighed. “Bom…”

She held her hand up, stopping me from talking any further. “No, Dara .” She shook her head. “You lied to me.”

No, I--”

“I asked you if you guys were talking and you told me you weren’t. You practically shoved your lie down my throat and demanded that I drop the subject. You made me feel like an idiot meanwhile I was right all along.”

I felt the sadness overwhelm me and the tears surface over my eyes. “I know I did and I’m sorry. It’s just… at first, it wasn’t my business to tell.”

“It wasn’t your business?” She scoffed. “What the hell does that mean?”
“It means that I didn’t even know what was going on between us at first! I was told not to say anything.”

“I’m your best friend!” She threw her arms in the air. “Does that mean anything to you?”

My jaw dropped. “Of course it does!” I shouted. “That means everything to me! I know you’re my best friend and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to lie but I made a promise! How would you feel if you told me something and said not to say anything and I told…” I looked around trying to think of someone when my eyes fell on 
Ji-Yong. “Ji-Yong everything you told me?”

She kept quiet.

“Would you like that?”
She pressed her lips together in a thin line.

“Huh?” I countered.
She looked away, shaking her head. “No, I wouldn‘t.”

“Exactly.” I let out a breath I didn’t know I had been holding in.

“But that still doesn’t count for the fact that you lied to my face.”

“Bom, listen to me, I tell you everything and you know that! You are my best friend and trust me, if I was able to say anything at first, I would have. I swear to you, you would have been the first person I would have told.”
She sighed, biting her lip. “I don’t know what to believe anymore. How do I know you’re not lying to me now?”
I opened my mouth to say something when Ji-Yong beat me to it.
“She’s not.”
I stared up at Ji-Yong, shocked.

“What?” Bom turned her eyes from me to Ji-Yong, the both of us staring at him as if he had two heads.

“I said she’s not lying.” He shrugged his shoulders. “I was the one who told her not to say anything. She was following my orders.”
Bom rolled her eyes. “She doesn’t have to follow your orders. She’s not your pet.”

“No, she’s not but if you wanted her to die, then…”
Her eyes widened.

“I told her not to say anything because it wasn’t anyone’s business besides, it was the right thing to do if you wanted to keep her safe. Trust me, she wanted to tell you but I told her not to. It’s not her fault. If you want to blame anyone, blame me.” He spoke so nonchalantly I was surprised to blink and really see it was him standing there.

Bom thought this all through before finally she slumped her shoulders, shaking her head. “Whatever.”
“So…” I bit my lip. “Do you forgive me?”

Bom sighed, her eyes meeting mine. “I don’t know… do you promise never to lie to me again?”
I giggled. “I promise.” Releasing Ji-Yong’s hand, I walked over to Bom, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into a hug. “It feels so good to let that off my chest.”

Bom laughed. “I bet.”

“I’m glad we got that out in the open. I hated lying to you.” I pulled away, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
She smiled before slowly it faded. “So, are you guys like… together now?”

I cocked my head to the side, not really knowing how to answer that question.

“Yeah,” Ji-Yong stepped forwards, draping his arm around my shoulders. “Yeah, we are.”

I felt my cheeks heat up. “Yeah, what he said.” I laughed lightly.
She cocked a brow up. “Well… that’s surely… interesting.” She nodded her head. 

“Never would have expected it.”
I laughed. “Yeah, neither did I, to be honest.”

Ji-Yong chuckled.

“As much as I find this to be a horrible, horrible idea,” She put her hand up in defense. “No offense.”
Ji-Yong shrugged.

“You’re my best friend and I care about you and I want you happy.” She sighed. 

“Even if you’re putting your life on the line.”
I felt Ji-Yong’s body freeze momentarily as those words left Bom’s mouth.
I nudged my side into his, making him snap out of it and look down at me.
I stared at Bom. “Well, when you put it that way…”

“Sorry,” Bom meekly grimaced. “But, it’s the best way I could word it.”
I sighed, nodding.
Bom fumbled on her feet. “How did your parents take the news?”

I bit my lip, shrugging my shoulders. “I wouldn’t know.”
Bom scrunched her face up. “What do you mean?”

“Ugh,” I laughed lightly. “They don’t know…”

“They don’t know?” hung open in shock. “How the hell did you pull that off?”

Ji-Yong chuckled. “She’s got the skills of a pro. She can lie on the spot.”
Bom nodded her head. “You seem to be doing that a lot lately…”

I flinched at her words. “Yeah, well, I couldn’t exactly tell them the truth Bom… you know how they are.”

“Yeah and I know how they’ll react once they find out about you two. It’s not going to be pretty, Dara.”

“I’ll take my chances besides, when will they find out? It’s not like they know who Ji-Yong is or anything or that I hang out with him.”

“You can only lie for so long before it catches up to you,Dara.”

“What is this Bom? An interrogation?” I hissed, desperate for this conversation to be over with already.

“No, I’m just telling you the truth. Unlike your boyfriend over here, I’m not going to feed you lies that everything’s going to be alright.”

“Bom!”
“No,” Ji-Yong shook his head. “It’s alright.”
“Listen,” Bom sighed. “I’m sorry. I just--you’re right, I know how they can be and I know you won’t be able to see the light of the day once they find out you’ve been lying to them for so long.”

“They won’t know Bom.”

“They will and when they find out. That’s it, you’re done for.”

“What’s gotten into you?” I stared at her with wide eyes. One moment she was okay and then all of a sudden she did a complete one eighty.
I’m starting to believe Ji-Yong isn’t the only one with bipolar issues.

“Nothing…” Bom sighed again. “Just forget I said anything. Listen, I gotta go to class. I’ll see you later, alright?”

I opened my mouth to say something but I knew it’d be best if she cooled down a bit before we continued this conversation . “Alright, see ya.”

She hugged me once more before turning and disappearing down the hall.

“Well that was weird.” I sighed.

“Yeah, I’m just glad it’s over with though.” Ji-Yong chuckled.

“Yeah,” I paused. “I’m sorry about her. She just worries about me.”

“She has every right to.”

“Yeah but she doesn’t know you like I do.”

“Babe, you barely know me as it is.”

I frowned. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing.” He shook his head.
I my lips. “Listen, I know enough to say that she has nothing to worry about.”

“I wouldn’t say that Dara . You almost got yesterday apart from being abused by that good for nothing piece of ,” He snarled, his nose flaring. 

“Which reminds me, how are you feeling today?”

“You saved me, okay? If it wasn’t for you, Luke would have done more damage and I’m fine. I’m still a bit sore and all but other than that I’m okay.”

He nodded his head. “Good.”

As we walked down the hallways, I couldn’t help but think back to what he had said. What did he mean about me not knowing him? Of course I did. I practically lived with him for a day and apart from that we hung out every day after that. I saw things no one else has.

“This is my locker, hold on.” I walked over to it, turning the dial to its designated numbers before pulling it open and taking out the books that I needed.

“I’m not leaving you out of my sight today. I hope you know that.”

I smiled. “I know and thank you, for everything.” I shut my locker closed before turning to face him.

“Anything for my baby.” He smirked, leaning over and pressing his lips to mine.

I pulled away, my lips centimeters away from his. “You know for someone who wants no one to know about us, you sure show a lot of public affection.”

He shrugged, grinning. “They’ll still talk once they see me by your side all day.”

I pouted my lips, thinking this through. “True.” I laughed.

“Besides, if they ask, deny it. The little they know, the better.”

“Agreed,” I smirked. “Now, come on buddy, let’s get to class.” I grabbed his hand, pulling him along side me.

He groaned. “I don’t ing get why we have to go to school. It’s a waste of time. Besides, I already got a job that pays a lot. Why do I need an education? It just doesn’t make any sense.”
I laughed. “It’s a part of living, Ji-Yong.”

“It’s a waste of time, Dara .“ He mimicked my tone before going back to his own. 

“I could be doing better things--”

“Like what? Killing someone?” I laughed lightly, expecting Ji-Yong to laugh along with me but I was disappointed to see that he was doing anything but. “What’s wrong?”

“That wasn’t funny Dara.” He spat.
My eyebrows knitted together. “I’m sorry…”

No,” He shook his head. “You’re not because if you were, you wouldn’t have said it in the first place.”

“I was just joking Ji-Yong, calm down.”

“Don’t ing tell me to calm down.” He sneered, pulling away from me. His eyes darkened, sending a wave of goosebumps to rise on my skin.
I frowned. “What’s gotten into you?”

“What if someone would have heard you? Huh? What would you have done then?”

“I would have explained to them that it was just a joke?”

“You don’t get it, do you? Joke or not, people have big mouths around here and everyone knows what I do. Haven’t you heard the rumors, Dara?”

“I don’t listen to rumors.”
He scoffed. “Well, maybe you should some time.”
I bit the inside of my cheek as I felt my body shake with annoyance that he’s really doing this right now.

“It’s not a surprise that I don’t exactly have the best record in town.”

“Obviously.” I rolled my eyes.

I immediately regretted what I did the moment I saw the muscles in Ji-Yong’s arms flex. He was getting frustrated and he was being so real fast.

“I--”

“You know, for a second there, I thought maybe you had learned your ing lesson but obviously you’re still the same you were before.”

I winced at his words. That stung but my anger overpowered my disbelief. “What the is your problem?!”

“You!” He screamed, causing a few heads to turn but the moment they saw it was Ji-Yong who was yelling, they chose to ignore and go on with their business.
A part of me was hoping they’d listen in so Ji-Yong would drop the subject but as all the things in my life that I wanted to go my way, they didn’t.

“You’re my problem.” He hissed.

“Then leave me alone.”

“No.”

“You need anger management classes.”

“And you need to learn how to respect people.”
I fought the urge to roll my eyes again. “Get to the ing point already Ji-Yong!”

“You’re an idiot.”

“And you’re an .”

“I rather be an than a good for nothing .”
I paused, taking in his words. If what he had said before stung, just imagine what I’m feeling now.

“Oh. So I’m a now?”

Ji-Yong’s chest moved up and down vigorously.

“And you want to talk about respect.” I sarcastically laughed with a shake of my head. “You’re unbelievable.”


Ji-Yong looked away for a moment before retrieving his eyes back to me. “People know what I do.” He changed the subject. “If they would have heard you, I would have been done for it.”

I decided to play along with his games, not wanting to steer this argument even further. “They have no proof that what I’m saying has any relevance to being the truth.”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“You’re making it seem like I committed a crime, Ji-Yong. You need to relax.”

“Don’t ing tell me what to do.” He spat. “You already know how much I ing hate when you do that.”
I locked my jaw tight, knowing that if I didn’t, I’d say something I’d regret.

“Just keep your mouth shut, alright? Because next time, you wont be so lucky.”

“What are you, threatening me?” I argued, the heat rising up my neck, boiling inside of me. I took a step forward, my face inches from his.

“No, I’m telling you the truth. If Young Bae was here--”

“But Young Bae isn’t here now, is he?” I cocked my head to the side, gesturing all around me.

He grabbed my wrist viciously pulling me forwards. “Don’t get smart with me.”

I gasped, trying to pry his fingers off of me. “Let me go.” I seethed in a sharp breath. You’re hurting me.” I squealed lightly.

He ignored me though, his eyes flashing anger within them. “Young Bae isn’t here but if he was and he heard you right now, he would have ordered me to kill you.”

I froze at his words. Arching a brow, I decided to test him. Pursing my lips, I looked him in the eyes. “And what? You would have?”

He didn’t say anything for a while.

I felt my heart drop. “So, what? I don’t mean anything to you now?”

“Dara …”

“No.” I shook my head, finally pulling my wrist free from his grasp. “I gotta go.” This began to get all too much for me. Turning, I began to walk away when I felt him grab onto my arm, pulling me back.

“Where are you going?”

“Somewhere you aren’t.” I hissed, pulling my arm away from him. “And don’t you dare come after me.” I backed away. “After all, I am a good for nothing .” I shook my head before turning around and leaving.

“.” I heard him mumble under his breath, his fist coming in contact with a nearby locker.

I winced, rubbing my wrist and looking down at it to see a red hand print on it, almost shading in with the bruises that were already formed there prior to today.

I sighed, shaking my head.

And to think he’s changed…

-----------------------------------------

Okay ...... i know ... i havent posted in 1-2 weeks .. and IM SO SORRY ! PLEASE FORGIVE ME ! alot has been going on >.<

but i will post a few more chapters today <3 

-Myung_Joon