Chapter 40

Danger

LAST CHAPTER FOR THE NIGHT ! LOVE YOU GUYSS !!! <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ji-Yong’s Point of View:

I must have given away the fact that I was pissed and had the urge to kill someone because Dara noticed the moment I sat inside the car.

“Are you okay?” She questioned, worry and confusion tinted in her words.

I locked my jaw tight, trying to contain my anger inside so I wouldn’t lash out on her. my lips, I turned the key into the ignition, pulling out of the driveway. “I’m fine.”
From the corner of my eye, I could see Dara shift uncomfortably, wanting to ask another question but she bit her tongue, not wanting to upset me.

Good girl. I inwardly thought while turning the corner, feeling my veins pump with venom.

Hanging my left arm off the steering wheel’s top, a sudden want overtook me as I leaned over to the side, digging into the glove compartment for the one thing I urged for at the moment.

Grabbing a pack of smokes, I moved back in my seat, glancing up between the box and the streets, making sure I wasn’t stupid enough to crash before fishing out a stick and my lighter out of my jacket before discarding the box to the side and lighting up the buzz.

I took a long drag of it, letting the feeling of haze take over me as it relaxed my muscles. I let out a groan of easement. It’s been a while since I’ve had a good smoke. Cracking the window open the moment I realized the air was wafted with smoke, I continued driving.

Dara watched from beside me intently. Her lips pulled to the side, her perfectly threaded eyebrows pulled as one in the middle. She looked as if she was contemplating something.

Sighing, I swerved the car to a stop. “What is it?” I spat.
Dara seemed startled by my outburst as she stared at me with wide eyes. 

“Nothing…”

“Don’t bull me,Dara.” I muttered, taking another take of my cigarette, keeping the smoke in for a while before ghosting it out.

“I’m n--”
“I said,” I began once more, my voice sour and stern. “Don’t bull me.” My eyes were dark as they stared into her light ones.

Gulping, she her lips. “I--just--” She paused, sighing frustratingly. “You seem…-"

Just spill it out,Dara .” I hissed, trying hard not to let the monster in me take control.


“You seem tense, okay? Like something’s wrong with you.” Dara spoke all in one breath.

I pressed my lips together, staring ahead of me, noticing the countless cars driving by, the clouds above slowly moving around, the sun decaying in the sky; the darkness close to eloping the firmament above us.
The air grew thick almost instantly as the memories flooded my mind, bringing me back to the house, just before we left.

*****

“It won’t be long before I have your girl screaming my name for more.” Jason whispered in my ear tauntingly.

My hands balled into fists as my side. It didn’t take long before I grabbed fist full’s of his shirt and pinned him against the wall harshly, his back coming in hard contact. “If I were you, I’d watch what you say.” I spat, my face just inches away from his.

Jason, instead, merely chuckled. “Your threats mean nothing to me, Kwon.”

“They should.” I hissed. “If you want to stay alive, I mean.” I grinned. “You seem to underestimate me, McCann. I’m not afraid to blow your brains out right here, right now.”
“You wouldn’t.”
I cocked a brow up. “Wanna bet?”
Jason kept silent, his eyes watching mine.

“If you even try to go near her or even put your filthy hands on her, I will make sure that you experience a slow and painful death and when I’m done with you, there is no evidence left behind.” I sneered. “It’s not like you got anything to live for anyways.” I cocked my head to the side, knowing I was hitting a soft spot in him. 

“I mean, your parents and brother are dead right?” I smiled when he didn’t say anything. “What? Cat got your tongue, McCann? Did I hit a soft spot right there?” I grinned devilishly.

Jason’s jaw locked tight, his eyes shading those of death. He used all his strength to push me back, making me stumble a bit but I regained my composure almost instantly. “If anyone underestimates anyone here, it’s you when it comes to me.” Jason roared.

“I’m not afraid of you.” I spat.
“You should.” Jason sickly smiled. “Because you know, I’m not afraid to blow your girl to pieces.”

I froze, narrowing my eyes at him.

“Remember back in the good ol’ days when you and I were pals?” Jason continued to provoke me.

“We were never friends.” I spat.
“Why? …Oh, I remember…” Jason snapped his fingers in fake surprise laced with mockery. “Because your family disowned your pathetic ? Man,” He shook his head. 

“I thought you were over that?”
I locked my jaw tight. “Shut up!” I spat venomously.

“What? Did I hit a soft spot there?” Jason teased menacingly, using my own words against me. “Or maybe it’s not your family that’s the problem…” He paused. “Could it possibly be the fact that it’s because of me, your precious sister, Mi Hyun, died?”

Just then, it felt like the whole world around me came to a slow stop, nothing but Jason and I present, every feeling known to man pulsing through me rapidly, my cheeks flushing with anger as Jason took me back to the one day I hoped to forget. 

“Shut up!” I barked once more, my face hot.

“What?” Jason threw his hands in the air. “Can’t stand the past, Kwon?” He bellowed, his voice echoing throughout the room. “How does it feel?”

“ you.” I spat and in seconds, I pulled my fist back before slamming it into his face, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and punching him again while holding him against the wall. "I let it go before McCann.” I whispered deadly. “But now?” I gritted my teeth together. “My patience is running real thin and I'm just about tempted to kill you.”

“You wouldn’t dare.” He hissed. “I wasn’t afraid to kill Mi Hyun then and I sure as hell am not afraid to kill your precious girlfriend either.” He sneered.

“Touch Dara and I’ll be sure to cut you up and feed you to the dogs.” I hissed, letting my words fall freely and slow enough for each word to taunt Jason heavily. 
“Got that?”

Jason pushed me back, his face burning with anger. “Remember Kwon, I’m not afraid of a little competition.”

“This ain’t Las Vegas, bud.” I smirked. “I run the show in this town.”
“Not for long.”

“We’ll see about that.” I made my way to the door. “Oh and McCann?” I turned my head to look at him. “Bring up Mi Hyun again and you’ll see a side of me, you’ve never seen before. I can promise you that.”


****

Dara’s hand overlapped mine, bringing me back from flashback central. I sighed. 

“You’re right.” I muttered lowly.
Dara stared at me with wide eyes. “I am?”
I nodded, my dry lips. “There is something wrong with me.” I looked at her. 

“But it’s nothing you have to worry about, okay?” My face softened as I stared at her. Leaning over, I brushed my fingers against her cheekbone. “I’m going to take care of it.”


Dara’s Point of View:

“You have nothing to worry about.” Ji-Yong whispered faintly as if, if he were to speak any louder, I’d break.

I meekly nodded my head, smiling warily. “Okay.”


Gulping, Ji-Yong his lips, revving his car up before pulling onto the road once more where he continued driving to my house.

I knew there was more to the story and that something else was bugging him but I decided it’d be best if I just kept my mouth shut. There are just some things that aren’t my business.
It didn’t take much longer before Ji-Yong to my block and stopped just a few houses away from mine.

Unbuckling my seat belt, I turned towards Ji-Yong. “Thank you.” I smiled.
Ji-Yong nodded, staring vacantly ahead of him. “No problem.” He mumbled.

I pressed my lips together, not knowing if I should say something or just leave.
Noticing my unknowing state, Ji-Yong looked at me, his eyes boring into mine with solemnity. “I love you, you know that… right?” He questioned uneasily.

I furrowed my eyebrows. “Yeah and I love you too.” I stared at him sadly, feeling my stomach churn.

“C’mere.” He gestured with his head.

I bit my lip before leaning over, closer to him.
Cupping my cheek in his hand, he moved in closer to me until our lips met as one.
I sighed into the kiss, deepening it a bit as my hand fell loosely onto his cheek as well.

Grasping onto my hips, Ji-Yong hovered over me a bit so that my back pressed up against the door.
I moaned into the kiss, running my fingers through his hair.
Pulling away before it got any heavier, Ji-Yong his lips, savoring the taste. 

“I’ll see you tomorrow?”

I nodded, kissing him once more before opening the door and walking out. Closing it, I waved just as I turned and walked away.
Ji-Yong waited until I was inside my house before driving away.

“Mom! Dad! I’m home!” I called out while kicking off my shoes.
I walked into the living room where I expected to see them watching TV but instead, 

I was surprised to see them standing with their arms crossed against their chests, anger evident in their faces with a surprise guest beside them.

“Bom?” I asked, shocked.


Busted.




Ji-Yong’s Point of View:


He’s got to go.”

The moment I got home from dropping off Dara, I called Young Bae down to discuss Jason.

“, Kwon, enough with the bull with McCann. We need him for the bombs--” Young Bae began to state before I cut him off.

“Forget the mother ing bombs!” I barked sharply.
Young Bae stared at me, shocked at my outburst.
My chest was moving up and down angrily. “I don’t care about them. All I care about is getting rid of him and fast.”

“We can’t just kill him off, Kwon, that’s not how it works.”

“We kill our enemies, yes? The guys that threaten the ones we love?” I waited as Young Bae stared at me. “Am I right?” I spat.
Young Bae sighed, nodding. “Yes, yes but damn it, Ji-Yong! We can’t just ing kill him!”

“I believe we can.” I hissed.

“No, we can’t.” Young Bae shook his head. “The cops will be all over the case wanting to know how the infamous Jason McCann died. It’s too risky, we can’t do this.”

“I killed Parker and there was no complications--”
“You seem to forget your little girlfriend was a witness.” Young Bae sneered.

I gritted my teeth together. “You know what?” I stared at him with fire burning in my eyes. “Forget you. I’ll just do it myself. It’s nothing I haven’t done before.”
“You can’t kill him all on your own, Kwon.” Young Bae hissed. “Stop thinking with your and start thinking with your brain!”
“I am and right now my brain is telling me to murder that piece of .” I spoke through clenched teeth.
“You’re just asking to get your thrown in jail.”

“If it’s because I killed that good for nothing piece of then so be it.” I turned to walk away.

“Listen Kwon, I know you care about that girl man, but it’s not worth it. No girl is.” Young Bae called after me.
I stopped dead in my tracks. “Don’t talk about her like that.”

“I’m just saying bro, you’re risking a hell of a lot of by doing this.”

“I’m not doing this just for Dara, Young Bae. I’m doing this for myself. I’m doing this for closure.” I paused, my lips. “I’m doing this for Mi Hyun.”
At the mention of her name, Young Bae froze. As the words sunk in, he let out a sharp, shaky breath. “You haven’t mentioned her in a while…” Young Bae murmured.

“Yeah, well, I didn’t think about it much until Jason brought it up tonight on top of threatening to do the same thing he did with her to Dara.”

“,” Young Bae spat, running his hands through his hair.
“Exactly.” I muttered. “You out of everyone here knows just why I need to do this.”
“I know man, trust me, you’re right, I do know but…” He shook his head once more. 

“Mi Hyun wouldn’t want you to risk your life like this man.”
“You don’t know what Mi Hyun would’ve wanted and neither do I. She’s dead, remember? She’s not here to speak for herself which is why I have to do this now.”

“You could have done it a long time ago but you chose not to.”

“Yeah because I knew that if I did then and Mi Hyun were still alive, she’d hate me for it.”

“Then why do it now?” Young Bae questioned, uncertain.

“Because man,” I paused. “Mi Hyun always told me that if I found the right one, to never let her go, no matter what and here, right now, Dara’s the one and I’m not letting Jason or anyone get in the way of her safety.”

Young Bae merely stared at me, at a loss for words.
He knew I was right, he just didn’t want to admit it.

Giving him one last look that told him that I was going to go through with it, I walked away but not before hearing Young Bae string together a series of curse words and punch a hole in the wall.