Good Guy.

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

 --------Flash back--------

I pressed play on the video file that Kwangsoo sent me.

---Video---

*Lee Chun Woo is happily grinning to the camera.*

“Today is a good day. We are finally finding out the gender of the baby.”

Oh God no… he was about to become a father.

“It is so strange that without even meeting the baby yet, I know that I will always love this child is really crazy. Imagine meeting a stranger and knowing that the intensity of the love you have for this stranger is so great that even at your worst, it would not fade away.”

----End of video---

He was going to have a child? This sick person robbed that child of their father.

“’Lee Chun Woo’s fiancée said that he didn’t have any problems,” Kwangsoo informed you through the video chat.

“Why would you show me that?”

“I showed it to you because I don’t want the child and his mother to suffer. They want him back but they need to move on. We have to catch him, Jenny. This is not the time to be upset about personal matters. This is the time to get justice.”

I am really doubting the theory that these victims were the bully.

--------End of flash back-------

I grabbed the mouse and hovered it over the infected file.

“For the victims…”

With little to no hesitation at all, I opened the file on Mr Georgalis’ computer. I took out my phone and opened up an application to check on the virus that had infected the computer.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and printed the essay on the file document.

“Jae Mi, have you printed your essay yet?” Mr Georgalis stepped into the staffroom.

“I am printing it right now. I just had to check for any spelling or grammar mistakes,” I replied.

“You should go home now, I am very sure that your brother is getting impatient waiting for you.”

“Thanks sir, I’ll get going now.”

I removed the USB from the computer and bowed to Mr Georgalis before leaving the staffroom.

Seung Heon was waiting for me outside, Mr Georgalis was right, he did look very impatient. Well… probably more nervous than impatient.

“So Jae Mi… how did the printing go?”

I put two thumbs up, “I think we should go do some more work. Get on top of things.”

Seung Heon rubbed his eyes and nodded, “Okay, let’s go.”

“Oppa, are you tired?”

“Nah, nah. I’m fine. Let’s go.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I am positive. Let’s go.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shook my head and chuckled. I knew this would happen. I turned my head to the left to see Seung Heon resting his head on the bus window sleeping, and fortunately, not snoring. Poor guy must be really tired from soccer practise. I never knew soccer on a high school level was so competitive. Then again, I did come from a high school where sport was avoided by the majority.

“Aigoo, I forgot to slow down!” the bus driver warned us, “Speed bump ahead.”

I grabbed onto the railing and the bus went over the speed bump. Seung Heon’s whole body jerked forward so I quickly put my arm in front of his body to stop him from flying over the bus seat. His head fell onto my shoulder and since he was so tired that he slept through the speed bump, I decided to let him just rest on my shoulder.

I took out my phone and check on the virus. The moving, green flashing light indicated that the virus was making its way through the school’s server and has not been detected by any firewalls or anti-malware software.

Alrighty, let me see what I can do with this phone. I pin pointed the principal’s computer and looked around his desktop. Wow, for a school principal, he sure does have a lot of space on his hard drive. Why would he need 3TB of data space on his hard drive?

Something about Seung Heon’s long constant breathing is making me really sleepy. Urgh… I have to stay awake. I have to get into those school files before this thing is detected.

“I sure hope you’re having a good time sleeping there,” I looked at Seung Heon.

Turning my attention back to my phone, I noticed that the virus had managed to get into the hidden files as well. I scrolled down the screen and noticed that one file that stood out.

2010-2011 Bullying Case.

I found it! It has to be this. I need to make another copy of this before the principal deletes it. Even though I can’t use this as real evidence in court, I am pretty sure that I can use whatever is in here to find the real evidence.

“Umma...”

“Huh?”

“Umma… don’t worry. I’ve grown up to be a good person… I will fight the bad guys…”

Poor Seung Heon, must have a lot of things going on in his personal life, he hasn’t even seen his family since the start of this case. And then there’s me, who is allowed to bend the rules… It’s really not fair, is it?

I am a terrible detective. I put the trivial things in my life over the life of others…

“Umma… I will take care of everything…”

I pursed my lips together and watched Seung Heon sleep. There was something in me that made me stretch my arm over and pat Seung Heon’s head.

You’re a good guy, Baek Seung Heon. A really, really great guy.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~