Case Closed.

Don't Lie to Me

------Two days into the trial-------

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

Even though I know that I am telling the truth, and nothing but the truth, I am still really cautious about what I say. I really don’t want a slip of the tongue to be the reason why Kang Jun Hyun is not convicted for those murders.

“Detective, you were one of the two detectives chosen to go undercover, is that correct?” asked the defence lawyer.

“Yes.”

“During your time undercover, what relevant evidence did you find there?”

“Prior to the murders, the school had their 60th anniversary. This was when Kang Jun Hyun met his victims; Han So Ri, Jo Min Ki and Lee Chun Woo.”

The defence lawyer turned away from me and grabbed a book from his desk. He pulled on one of the tabs, opening up to portrait photos of past students and teachers at the school. Kang Jun Hyun was grinning next to Han So Ri, Jo Min Ki and Lee Chun Woo.

“Detective, can you tell me who these specific people are?”

“They are the victims, Han So Ri, Jo Min Ki and Lee Chun Woo.”

“What do you think they are feeling when they took this photo?”

I glanced over at Kang Jun Hyun, sniggering to himself with no remorse.

“Alive.”

The defence lawyer scoffed, “Appropriate choice of words, detective. Now, why would my client kill his high school buddies out of jealousy if he looked so happy for them?”

Something about this defence lawyer ticks me off. He clearly knows Kang Jun Hyun is guilty.

“You said it yourself. He ‘looked’ happy, it doesn’t mean that he was,” I turned to the judge, “Your honour, 24 per cent of all suicides victims in this country alone showed no signs of depression or anxiety prior.”

24 or 26 per cent… I forgot…

Directing my attention back on the defence lawyer, “So do not tell me that just because they looked happy, that they truly were.”

The defence lawyer rose away from the desk, “That’s all your honour.”

The photo book still laid open in front of me. Everyone was doing the really tacky handshake pose with one another. A fourth photo was on the same page as the three victims. The person’s face was covered by large brimmed glasses. The light that bounced back from the camera’s flash didn’t help either in seeing the person’s face. I used to have problems like that too in high school. My school photos were not pretty. They managed to turn pale-Jenny into tanned-Jenny. One year, I looked like an –

“Detective, we are done questioning you.”

I stood up and bowed before heading back to where everyone else was sitting. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I walked over to the seat next to Kwangsoo and sat down.

To: Jenny
From: Kris

I heard you’re going to court today and I just wanted to update you how things are going on my end. We have finished with the album jacket photo shoots and I look good~ I also wanted to say that we are unfortunately staying in China for another week or two. Some of us are a bit sick so we had to post pone a few events. Now I feel SUPER bad for not going to dinner with you…

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the court session had ended and I left the court house to make a phone call to Kris.

---------Phone call---------

Kris: Hello!
You: I thought you were coming back today…
Kris: I know! I thought I was coming back today as well but last night, our managers cancelled our flights and decided that we should do all the things planned on our schedules rather than cancelling them.
You: Wouldn’t that push back the come back date?
Kris: It’s not like it hasn’t ever happened before… Look, I’m really sorry… I feel super duper bad that I cancelled out on the dinner with your work friends.
You: It’s okay, I completely understand.
Kris: How about I make it up to you?
You: *chuckle* I’m not objecting to that. What do you have in mind?
Kris: You’ll just have to wait and see.
You: Really?
Kris: Really. I’ll see you soon! Love you! Bye!
You: Love you, too.

-------End of phone call------

You’d think that fans would move onto the younger boy groups but EXO is still popular after all this time. Then again, Big Bang and Super Junior are still really popular.

“Jenny unni!”

I looked up and saw Ji Hae, her body half way out the window of the van, waving at me.

Min Jung pulled her back in, “Ji Hae, what are you doing? Get inside the car.”

Amused at what was going on, I approached the van.

“Hello, girls. What are you doing here?”

“Unni, get in! We’re taking you out! It’s been FOREVER, since you went somewhere with us. We haven’t had any time together.”

“You don’t say…”

“As the very official, unofficial, member of Alpha, you must accept our offer and get in the car,” Ji Hae grinned.

“Um… I don’t know if I’m off work yet…”

The window of the driver’s side scrolled down, showing Sammy’s pleading eyes, “Jenny, if you don’t get it, she won’t shut up.”

Probably one of the more illogical things I’ve done in my life, I got into the van and then proceeded to ask where we were going.

“To the amusement park!” Sammy cheered.

I put on my seatbelt and leaned forward, “Amusement park? Really, guys?”

“Ever since you reversed that charm, we lost a very valuable person in our lives. All we’re asking is for you to just enjoy today.”

I leaned back, “Okay but that means I am in charge of music.”

So Yeon hugged me, “Welcome back, leader!”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

“Tell me again why you bought this outfit for me?” you asked as the Alpha members lead to down the steps to a restaurant.

“Your semi-casual outfit did not fit this very casual event.”

“The only thing semi-casual about my outfit before was the blazer. I wore jeans, T-shirt and sneakers,” you protested.

“You see Jenny,” So Yeon put her arms around you, “After you left Alpha, your fashion sense has not been able to improve. Not one single bit.”

“Unni! What is that supposed to mean?!”

Shin Ah laughed, “What it’s supposed to mean is that you should at least change from work to dinner with friends.”

The Alpha members lead you off to a room in the restaurant.

“But why would I need to change my clothes if you we’re having a private dinner together?”

“You have to look nice for your boyfriend.”

“My boyfriend? You mean the one that’s all the way in China? With his hair not styled and-”

Shin Ah had opened the door and inside were your work mates and Kris. Kris nervously stood up and waved at you, “Hey Jenny!”

“Hey… you… what’s going on?”

“We were just talking to your boyfriend!” Jae Kyung exclaimed, “He is so handsome! You really have to tell me your secret as to how you got him wrapped around your finger!”

You narrowed your eyes at Kris, “Aren’t you meant to be… not here...?”

Kris laughed, “I thought I would surprise you. I feel bad for not being able to make it last time so I organised this with the help of Kwangsoo hyung.”

Kwangsoo stood up and bowed, “You’re welcome.”

Seung Heon watched as you gave Kris a hug. He rubbed the back of his neck and played with his chopsticks.

“Aigoo…” Jong Hyun put his arms around Seung Heon’s shoulder, “we should find Seung Heon someone special as well. He seems so lonely.”

Kwangsoo laughed, “You’re probably one of the rare handful of men that I would allow to date one of the Alpha members.”

“Aye… hyung…”

Shin Ah sat down besides you, “You did not tell me you were living with an extremely good looking guy every day for the past few months.”

“He played the role of my brother, nothing like that would have happened,” you brushed it off.

Seung Heon laughed half heartedly, “Yeah, nothing happened. She has a boyfriend.”

Kris put his arm around your shoulders and smiled at Seung Heon, “Thank you for looking after my girlfriend.”