Stalker.

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Thank you for buying us dinner!” Jong Hyun thanked Kris.

“Don’t you dare leave him because I will pounce,” Jae Kyung threatened playfully as she headed off with Jong Hyun.

You laughed, “Unni, don’t you have someone else you want to pounce on?”

Kwangsoo’s fiancée, Kyung Mi, hugged you, “It was really nice meeting you but it’s getting late and we have some wedding things to organise.”

Kwangsoo pouted, “Proposing was the easy part.”

Kris comforted Kwangsoo, “It can only better, hyung.”

I turned around to say goodbye to Seung Heon but he was gone. He must have not felt that good dealing with the death stares from Kris…

“Bye!” Kris bowed before Kwangsoo and his fiancée walked away.

He held your hand, “What? Are you upset that the girls had to leave early for a schedule?”

I crossed my arms, “Not as much as how you had a second agenda for this dinner.”

“What? I didn’t – oh! The bag with your old clothes! You left it inside the restaurant,” Kris changed the subject.

I turned around and saw a shy waiter run towards us, carrying the bag. The waiter kept his head down as he handed the bag to Kris. The uniform there was really peculiar. For a casual restaurant, they made their waiters wear gloves… What a strange policy.

“I didn’t have a second agenda. I just wanted to meet the people you are working with.”

I narrowed my eyes at Kris, “One in particular…”

“I’m sorry. It’s just…”

“Yeah, the testosterone was all over the place. You need to back off.”

Sighs… time to have the jealously talk.

I linked arms with Kris and we started walking to his car, “You have completely misunderstood Seung Heon oppa. He’s not the type to start trouble. Anyways, you’ve already got me. It’s not like you should be worried because you’re trying to win over my feelings. You’ve already done it. So please, please, turn down the death stares when you see him.”

Kris pursed his lips together, “You’re right. I was wrong. I’m sorry.”

Just to make fun of Kris I let out a sigh of relief, “I need my work boyfriend and real boyfriend to co-exist in harmony.”

“Work boyfriend?!” Kris stopped in his tracks.

I laughed and nudged him to keep walking, “I’m just playing with you. He’s my work brother.”

“I sure hope so. I quickly travelled back to Korea for today only, just for you,” Kris puffed up his cheeks, “Hey, did that waiter seem familiar to you?”

“The waiter?” I shook my head, “No, I didn’t even see his face.”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

After handing your bag to Kris, the waiter ran back into the restaurant. He ran to the bathroom and took out a coin to unlock one of the bathroom stalls. Inside the cubicle was your blazer, half tucked inside a backpack. Taking off the waiter uniform, the gloved person changed back into his casual clothing.

His eyes panned over to your blazer. His pupils and hands shook in unison as he reached for the blazer.

“At least the girl has some style,” he scoffed as he folded it nicely and sliding it into a plastic evidence bag.

Carefully putting the bag into his backpack, he threw the backpack over his shoulders and stepped out of the cubicle, only to be confronted by a drunken Seung Heon

“Hey man,” Seung Heon greeted with slurred words, “Oh, I’m sorry, are you younger or older than me?”

Pushing himself close to the sink, he tired to step around Seung Heon.

“Um… you have… your bag is… opened,” Seung Heon hiccupped.

The person bowed and zipped his bag before running out of the bathroom, leaving Seung Heon in the bathroom.

Confused, Seung Heon watched as the person ran off.

“Strange guy…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three weeks later—

Kyung Mi was blindfolded as you help lead her down the stairs.

“What is going on?”

“Unni, just be careful… we need to get you down these steps first.”

Kyung Mi put her hands in front of her blind fold and you them, “Unni, don’t try and take them off!”

“I’m not! I’m not! Seriously, what is Kwangsoo doing? It’s already dark, I don’t understand why I have to wear a blind fold.”

“Just wait and see… as soon as you get off the last step, you can take off the blind fold.”

Kyung Mi laughed nervously, “I’m getting a bit scared.”

“Oppa!” you called out to Kwangsoo who was polishing a large family-sized car. He headed towards Kyung Mi and helped her down the last step.

“You can take it off now,” Kwangsoo sang.

Kyung Mi pulled the piece of cloth over her head and her jaw dropped as laid her eyes on the car.

“Since we’re going to get married and have a big family, I thought we should be prepared,” Kwangsoo explained.

The two embraced in a kiss as you awkwardly stood next to them.

“Um… I’m going to get going then…” you mumbled while backing away and walked off.

~~~~~~~~~~

On your way home, you stopped at the small intersection and looked down the alleyway.

“I really don’t like going down there… I should have gone the other way,” you groaned.

Taking in a deep breath, you proceeded to paced down the alleyway. Following close behind you was a male figure. You cautiously powerwalked through the alleyway to create some distance between you and the stalker but they kept running to catch up with you. Certain that this person was following you, you spun around and pinned the person against the wall with your arm against their neck.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Jae Mi-ah! It’s me! Jungkook!”

You stepped back with your arms crossed, “Why were you following me?!”

Jungkook covered your mouth with his hand and whispered, “Don’t yell, people are going to think that I’m harassing you,” before removing his hand.

You furrowed your eyebrows, “Why are you out so late?”

“I was out with some friends…”

“Shouldn’t you be at home studying? It doesn’t help your education to be out so late.”

Jungkook raised his eyebrows, “Where have you been for the past month? You rush out of school, saying that your house might be on fire and then we never see or hear from you again?”

You sighed and clasped your hands together, “How about we start off the explanation with you calling me, Jenny noona?”