And... Action!

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

Something about this case feels really weird… I am pretty sure that I haven’t got Mr Hellius’ psychic powers so why am I able to get around this case so easily? And why do I feel like it’s directed at me rather than Seung Heon?

I’m not becoming too self absorbed am I? Seung Heon said that the harassment stopped when he graduated from the academy but the computer was compromised about 4 months ago…  way after Seung Heon graduated from the academy.

“Whoa! I don’t think the tofu can be diced into any smaller pieces.”

I snapped out of my thoughts to see Kris grabbing the knife off me and scooting me away from the kitchen bench.

“You seem tired, go and take a nap.”

I shook my head, “I’m not tired.”

“Then do you want to talk about it?”

I pursed my lips together and rested my hands on the kitchen bench, “This case… it feels personal…”

“You think it might be the guy from the other case?”

I sighed. “How do I explain it? I know it doesn’t have anything to do with me but I… kind of feel like it does…”

I hugged Kris from the back and played with my ring, “I really don’t know how I’m feeling… This case just has a lot of question marks around it and it has nothing to do with the suicide of those girls.”

“This case is getting to you.”

Kris placed down the knife and unclasped my hands to turn around and give me a hug. “You need to remove yourself from the case and maybe… just maybe… spend a week with me.”

“That would be so nice. Just you, me and Asian dramas for a whole week.”

“So? How about it?”

I laughed and pulled Kris closer to me, “I would be amazing but I have a duty to lock away bad guys.”

Kris rested his chin on my head and I could tell that his pouting, which did make me feel a little bit better.  

“Let’s just stay hugging for a while,” I suggested.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

“Oppa, detective Jenny is really pretty! I approve of her.” Seung Yeon beamed from inside the cell.

“It’s amazing how you could be bawling your eyes out in the interview and gossiping with me about my colleague?”

“What? She’s the only girl you’ve mentioned to mum. I thought you two were dating but I saw that ring on her finger.”

Seung Heon uncrossed his arms and pushed the tray of food towards his sister, “Eat.”

“Oppa, I am not going to eat that.”

Seung Heon sighed and rested his back against the bars, “So tell me what you know about those three girls, you said that they were never on task. What were they distracted by?”

“They would usually talk about acting which annoyed me because they were interning at a fashion magazine company, not an acting agency.”

“Acting?” Seung Heon repeated.

His sister nodded.

“Hang on a second.” Seung Heon stood up and walked off.

“Oppa! Where are you going? Oppa!” Seung Yeon called out, “Oppa! Can you ask them for a another pillow? Oppa?!”

Seung Heon rushed off to the evidence room and rummaged through the box of the Slender man case.  He finally managed to pull out a scrapbook of the fundraising event.

“No wonder the girl looked familiar the day she jumped off the building. She was in the scrapbook as one of cast members.”

Seung Heon scanned the scrapbook for the other names.

 Thank you my hoobaes who have supported me through this role. Running away from Slender Man was really tiring but you helped me through it. Kekeke. Nam Jang Ri, Ok Soo Hee and Jang Hyun Eun, I really love you guys~! <3 <3

“The other two victims are on here. Ok Soo Hee is the only one still alive. She has to know something.”

He instinctively reached for his phone only to let it go in his pocket.

“I should let her rest. I’ll go on my own.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, a figure watched Seung Heon as he rushed out of the police station. Making their way to the evidence room, they notice the moved evidence box. Knowing that there were video cameras in the room, they pretended to be confused about the box being moved and ‘innocently’ opened the box.

“The scrapbook… crap, he knows.”

The figure calmly placed the lid on the box and placed it back in it’s originally position, only to swiftly exit the room.

After a quick drive home, the person was breathing heavily as he entered his apartment.

“This is not what I planned!” He exclaimed as he took out this phone.

--------Phone call-------

Kang Soo Hee: I am practising on my acting like you told me to.
Person: I want to see tomorrow.
Kang Soo Hee: But you said –
Person: I am changing my mind.
Kang Soo Hee: But… no one has noticed the sunbaes… I’m scared, what if my efforts were for nothing.
Person: No. Your efforts will not go to waste. The police didn’t take them seriously because they weren’t convincing enough. Think about it, the alumni murders got undercover detectives, theirs did not. I left you to last because I knew you would be the one.
Kang Soo Hee: *silence*
Person: Look, I need you to head up to the drama building and do your performance. You’ve had enough training. I will give the necklace for you to wear.
Kang Soo Hee: The- the necklace? Really?
Person: Of course. You deserve it but make sure that there is the female detective when you say your last line.
Kang Soo Hee: Neh. I will.
Person: Where are you right now?
Kang Soo Hee: I’m at home.
Person: I need you to start an argument with your parents and leave the house.
Kang Soo Hee: Right now?
Person: Immediately. I will get a nice apartment for you to stay in tonight.
Kang Soo Hee: So this is the prologue?
Person: Yes. And… action!

-------End of phone call-------