Can't Lose.

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Kris’ POV~~~~~

----------Phone call---------

Jenny: Hey, what’s up?
Me: I just wanted to check up on you. How are you?
Jenny: Check up on me? I’m not the one getting ready for a come back.

Jenny: Excuse me, how much is it?

Me: What are you buying?
Jenny: Food. I’m buying some ingredients to make dinner.

Seung Heon: Jae Mi-ah, do we need lettuce?
Jenny: Yeah, we do.

Me: You’re shopping with Seung Heon?
Jenny: *laughs* Well we do live together and we are siblings. So how are you? How are things going?
Me: It’s good. We are all learning the lyrics and choreography right now. Is it bad to say that I am too old for this? *laughs*
Jenny: *laughs* You’re still under 30. You’ll be fine.
Me: So… how’s the case going?
Jenny: *pauses* You know I can’t tell you anything about it.

Jenny: Oppa, can you grab the bag?
Seung Heon: Yes. anything else, princess?

Me: Princess?
Jenny: Huh? Oh, it’s just a nickname given to me because I make him carry everything when we buy the groceries.
Me: So koala bear-

Jenny: I am really sorry, I have to go. Someone seems like they are going to collapse soon if I don’t start taking off a few bags.

Seung Heon: What do you mean? I’m fine!

Jenny: I love you. Bye.

--------End of phone call--------

“Bye…”

I sighed and leaned against the wall.

She’s getting really close with that detective. They’ve got pet names for each other. Is she even wearing our couple ring? She probably is. I should trust Jenny. She hasn’t done anything for me to not trust her.

But – I can trust her but can I trust the other detective?

“What are you so deeply thinking about?” Tao asked.

“Jenny… I’m worried. You know she’s living with another guy.”

“That guy is living with Jenny, she won’t let him put any moves on her.”

I shook my head, “She is with him 24/7. I haven’t even seen her face for so long. He’s a good guy. Jenny likes good guys.”

Tao frowned, “Jenny likes you. Last time I checked, the only guy she said ‘I love you’ to was you. So what if the other detective is handsome? Do you honestly think Jenny would be that shallow?”

No one gets it. They think I’m worried that Jenny is living with a “good looking” guy. I’m worried that Jenny is living with a “good” guy. What if his kind actions makes her heart sway? I can’t blame her because I am absent all the time but –

“It seems like no matter what I say, you’re not going to listen. If anything does happen, it was just meant to be but guessing that fate has brought you two together, I wouldn’t concern myself with the problem too much.”

I can’t just leave everything to fate. You can’t be lazy in a relationship. You have to put in effort. I have to put in the effort.

Our phone call are so short and they always end with Jenny either being interrupted by someone or she’s too tired. We can’t meet in person because she is undercover right now. Before we could have any personal conversations, she gets taken away to do that case.

If we continue like this, we won’t be able to exist as a couple.

~~~~~End of Kris’ POV~~~~~

--------Mean while--------

A computer screen is flashing with letters and numbers. IP addresses popped up, none that satisfied the person sitting in front of it.

“I know it was in the school’s system. Why can I not find it?!” they pounded the table with their gloved hand.

Then, with a wave of coldness, they smirked, “I guess I didn’t give Jenny enough credit for her work.”

*ring* *ring*

--------Phone call-------

Person: I told you not to call me between during this time.
Kang Jun Hyun: I can’t do this anymore. Give me the name of the next person.
Person: You have made too many mistakes.
Kang Jun Hyun: I can do it. I want revenge.
Person: *sigh* Do not make a huge fuss out of this.
Kang Jun Hyun: You said that I would have my revenge. Where is it? I don’t see it.
Person: I helped you get Han So Ri. I made it catch-proof for you. You went and got rid of the other two unnecessarily.
Kang Jun Hyun: They caught onto what I was doing. They knew. Now the police are tailing me, everywhere.
Person: They also might be bugging your phone you idiot!

-------End of phone call------