I'm going to get you.

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

We all gathered in the conference room and waited for team leader Bae to reveal the lab test results from the jar of blood.

That’s right guys, lab tests in real life take weeks to do, they don’t take a day or two like those crime shows.

Kwangsoo grabbed my hand, “Did he really get you that ring?”

I nodded with a smile.

“Aww… aren’t you two just the second cutest couple, after me and my fiancée?”

Team leader Bae cleared his throat, “The lab results have finally come in and inside the jar is a mixture of pig and cow blood. Also, all the handwritten letters that Han So Ri received did match Kang Jun Hyun’s handwriting. We’ve got him in the interrogation room but he has been a bit… unwilling to answer our questions.”

“Don’t forget to mention his creepy wallpaper,” Jong Hyun reminded.

“Creepy wallpaper?” Seung Heon asked.

Jong Hyun turned his laptop around and presented to us a photo of what seemed like a bedroom. The walls were covered with candid photos of Han So Ri when she’s at work, hanging out with friends and going on dates. What made those photos more ghastly was that every person, Han So Ri or not, had her face on it. They’ve all been edited to have her face on it.

“This can’t be used as official evidence because I um…” Jong Hyun rubbed the back of his neck, “I kind of hacked into his webcam, saw this and captured the image.”

Han So Ri’s success must have taken a big toll on Kang Jun Hyun. His ego was probably so hurt. Not to mention the school’s 60th anniversary to rub it in that him bullying her all those years made her a stronger and better person.

Seung Heon raised his hand, “Um… can Jenny and I interrogate Kang Jun Hyun? We haven’t had the chance to interview him.”

Kwangsoo nodded, “I guess that’s a good idea. We’ll have Seung Heon and Jenny interrogate Kang Jun Hyun.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seung Heon and I watched Kim Soo Ro interview Kang Jun Hyun. It was interesting, really, the colour of Kim Soo Ro’s face transitioned from red to blue to purple and back to red.

“I’m not telling you anything. Do you honestly think that I will crack? I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT!”

 “Can someone remind me why the team leader of Unit A is interrogating him when unit B is obviously in charge of the case?” Seung Heon sighed.

I looked up at Seung Heon with my arms crossed, “The majority of the case is ours. Think of it as if we have about… 70% of the case they have about 30%.”

“We have Han So Ri’s ex boyfriend, Kwon Chang Ho, you can interview him if you want to,” the officer offered.

Seung Heon pressed the intercom button, “Excuse me team leader Kim Soo Ro, detective Baek and detective Nguyen would like to talk to Kang Jun Hyun.”

I stepped out of the observation room and waited for Kim Soo Ro to step out of the interrogation room.

“If he does crack under your interrogation, it’s because you’re a woman,” Kim Soo Ro scowled at me.

I laughed, “But… at the end of the day, I got him to crack before you did.”

Seung Heon walked passed Kim Soo Ro and stepped into the interrogation room. I followed behind Seung Heon and smiled at Kang Jun Hyun. The thought of holding my first ever interrogation was exciting.

“Hello Kang Jun Hyun, it’s nice to meet you, have you been here long?”

Kang Jun Hyun rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

I sighed and sat down opposite him, “Darn, this thing happens every time I go on a date as well. I’ve always wanted to find out why,” I rested my chin in my palm, “Is it because I’m boring? I mean, we’ve only met for less than a minute and you are already bored.”

“Detective, do you always talk this much?”

I nodded, nonchalantly, “Yes. I am surprised that I have not been greeted by the Guinness World Record people.”

Kang Jun Hyun jumped towards me, putting only a few centimetres between us.

Seung Heon pushed him back into his seat, “Don’t think of doing anything irrational.”

Kang Jun Hyun laughed, “Do you like playing games detective?”

I pointed to myself and he nodded.

“I like board games and video games. Not really into the real life, role play, stuff. You are really into the violent, macabre games aren’t you?”

The right side of Kang Jun Hyun’s mouth creased upwards, his gaze became more concentrated towards me.

“So you found the jar of blood.”

“We also found the letters you sent to Han So Ri,” Seung Heon added.

“Detective Nguyen, how good are you are playing games?”

Wow, this guy keeps wanting to talk about games.

“I think I play well but I don’t know who to compare to. I don’t usually play multiplayer games.”

“I will start talking when I get beaten in a game.”

I pulled up my sleeves and put on a slightly cocky tone, “Okay then. Bring it on, noob.”

Kang Jun Hyun smirked, “Not you. Him.”

He wants to go against Seung Heon? Seung Heon isn’t good at those type of games… I looked over at Seung Heon and he nodded.

“For each round I win, 500 characters of the confession from you.”

“Detective Nguyen…” Kang Jun Hyun snickered at me, “if you would be so kind, please get my phone so that we can commence playing.”

Commence playing? Oh, Kang Jun Hyun, it's on. It's on like Donkey Kong.