Brother.

Don't Lie to Me

Super long chapter today, enjoy! =)

-----Two days later-----

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I sat in front of the computer, reading through the documents that the school principal had locked. Who knew he put everything up.

Seung Heon stepped out from his room, stretching his arms.

“Good morning sleepy head,” I greeted him.

Seung Heon rubbed his eyes, “Good morning to you too. Why are you up so early, it’s a weekend.”

I scrunched up my nose and shook my head, “There are so many interesting things on the principal’s files that I couldn’t stop reading.”

“I’m going to brush my teeth and you can tell me all about it.”

I nodded my head and turned back to the computer.

110127 – It was reported that Han So Ri is still being bothered by Lee Dae Soo and peers but it is now online. Situation has not improved despite Han So Ri looking for support through teachers.

Lee Dae Soo, him again. From reading the document so far, this guy is the reason why Han So Ri got bullied. Rich kid with rich parents would of course copy dramas and become narcissistic. I can’t believe these things actually happen in real life.

I crossed my arms and exhaled. Scrolling down the day-by-day recounts of this case, I looked for other names besides Lee Dae Soo and Han So Ri.

110207 – Han So Ri had her books thrown out the window from the second floor. Lee Dae Soo and group played “hoops” with books. Kang Jun Hyun sent video of Han So Ri crying to other classmates. No punishment was set for these students. Han So Ri was relocated to another class.

It sickens me that the school didn’t take any action. Her life was a living hell. They completely tortured her. How could no one stand up to those kids? It wasn’t like Lee Dae Soo was the richest kid in school or the best fighter. I have been reading several pages this morning and I really want to hunt down Lee Dae Soo and his group.

Sick and tired of reading about the injustices that happened to So Ri, I scrolled down the page again and finally got to 2012.

120327 – New transfer student, Kwon Chang Ho, rebelled against Lee Dae Soo’s group. Got in a physical altercation with Lee Han Jun (Lee Dae Soo’s follower) in an effort to protect Han So Ri. Kwon Chang Ho receives no punishment.

“Now that’s more like it!” I punched my fist into the air.

“What did you find?” Seung Heon asked with a toothbrush in his mouth.

I grinned, “Our first victim, Han So Ri was the victim of very serious bullying and no one stood up for her for almost a year. It wasn’t until a transfer student came that someone stood up for her. I am so happy!”

Seung Heon leaned towards me to get a view of the screen.

“Ahh… so that’s wheyurok,” Seung Heon blubbered, “schro happy.”

I pulled the toothbrush out of Seung Heon’s mouth, “Go rinse your mouth first and come back.”

Seung Heon pouted and snatched his toothbrush back and headed back to the bathroom.

“Oh! On the 8th of May, Han So Ri, with the help of Kwon Chang Ho, filed a formal complaint against Lee Dae Soo and it was accepted and sent to the board.”

I scanned the screen and smiled, “And on the following week, they were successful with their complaints and Lee Dae Soo was suspended for 65 days. Kang Jun Hyun was suspended for 45 days.”

As I scrolled down the page, the description for each day decreased. What used to be an essay long is now only one or two sentences. So that means the case died down from there. The bullying stopped after those two put in a lot of work.

Seung Heon sat down besides me, “Jenny, it also said that other kids from the class testified against Lee Dae Soo.”

I crossed my arms, “I would be questioning their morals if they didn’t.”

“We should really interview Lee Dae Soo, he might have killed as part of some twisted revenge for how she stood up to him.”

“That would make a lot of sense, he probably killed the other three victims to train up and perfect Kwon Chang Ho’s murder.”

But there is something I just don’t quite get…

“Our second and third victim were not mentioned in the documents.”

I closed the window and opened up a scanning software for the principal’s hard drive. I typed in the names of the male victims but nothing came up.

“Maybe it is just the initials.”

Seung Heon shuffled over and pulled the keyboard towards him and typed in the initials of the victims but once again, nothing came up.

“That is really strange. How did they connect to the case then? Both of them weren’t part of the scholarship program and they were a year below So Ri.”

“That is really strange… They had no interaction with her…”

“No point pondering about it. We’ll just send the names to Kwangsoo hyung and he’ll interview them.”

“Why? We can find out some more things while we are at it.”

“Look, I noticed that you really want to go out but you didn’t want to go out with the kids from school. We’re undercover but we’re high school students, we might not be the best actors but we should try to act like teenagers.”

“You want to go out?”

Seung Heon smiled, “I haven’t had my day off yet.”

I raised my eyebrows, “Don’t you want to go see your family?”

Seung Heon looked down and then back up at me, “They live far away and we are still undercover. So how about it? Want to go out and enjoy a sunny, warm day?”

“Only today and that’s it.”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Seung Heon’s POV~~~~~

Jenny and I walked side by side down the streets of Myung-dong.

“I didn’t know the clothes here were so expensive…” Jenny pouted.

I probably should have told her before hand.

“I guess orphan high school kids like us wouldn’t be able to afford any of the things in there anyways,” Jenny tried to cheer herself up by taking a bite out of her ice-cream sandwich.

Can I put my arm around her shoulder? Siblings do that but we’re not really siblings… Also, would it be strange if I messed up her hair when she said something funny or are we not close enough to do those things?

Jenny sighed and narrowed her eyes, “It seems like we shouldn’t have left the house today.”

I turned around and saw Team Leader A walking towards us. I crossed my arms and moved to the side to block him from Jenny.

“Well this is good… he tried to hack into the principal’s computer as well.”

 “Really?” I asked, still keeping my eyes on team leader A.

Jenny scoffed, “He couldn’t get in. His tech guys can’t get though the encrypted files. They got caught. Just in case, I am going to self-destruct our virus. Keep him busy while I do that.”

I nodded and waited for Team Leader A, Kim Soo Ro, to approach us.

“Look at what we have here, two… siblings… having a fun day out instead of doing what they are supposed to do.”

“We are fulfilling our roles as high school students, Mr Kim. Having a day to relax isn’t too bad for a kid who is going to do their university exams this year,” I fired back at Kim Soo Ro.

I’ve always stepped down when it came to Team Leader Kim but for Jenny, I will speak up.

“I can’t believe people actually fell for this fake scenario. A Korean and a Vietnamese can never have a good relationship.”

Race doesn’t have anything to do with whether or not people get along or not.

Jenny moved her right foot forward, “I can’t tell whether you got something against Vietnamese people or if you’re just venting out on us because your spyware just got caught.”

I know Jenny wants to stand up for herself but she might just gather some unwanted attention.

I grabbed Jenny’s arm and tugged her, “Let’s go. Just remember that we’re doing whatever we’re doing to catch the bad guys, not to please him.”

Jenny jerked my arm away and pointed at Team leader Kim, “Now you listen here, a person doesn’t have to be Korean to kick your . The school found the spyware you planted into their server. It was so detectable that it would have been more subtle if you attached neon lights and flashing signs.”

“You would only know if you got into the server yourself.”

We can’t get caught snooping around. They will use this as a reason to take the case from us.

“You honestly don’t know how much high school kids gossip. News get around really quickly. Just because it’s a weekend, doesn’t mean that it won’t spread like wildfire. You know what technology is like.”

Jenny quickly turned around and her hair flicked team leader Kim Soo Ro, in the face. I chuckled at Kim Soo Ro’s reaction.

I felt Jenny holding my hand, “Let’s go before he comes up with a terrible comeback.”

I stared at the hand that Jenny was holding, are we really holding hands? Crap, we’re holding hands. My hands are going to get sweaty.

And that is why I don’t have a girlfriend…

Jenny’s hand slipped away from mine and she wiped her hand on her pants. Damn, she probably won’t want to go near because of my sweaty hands.

“Sorry, I just remembered that I have sweaty palms,” Jenny made a face as she apologised.

I let out a sigh of relief, “I have sweaty palms as well.”

Jenny looked at me, amused, “Ahh… no wonder Kwangsoo oppa made us siblings. We probably got this from our father.”

Right, we’re siblings… that’s probably all she sees me as. A brother.

I smiled along with Jenny and tucked my hands into my pockets.

~~~~~End of Seung Heon’s POV~~~~~

While you were talking to Seung Heon, someone pulled out a camera from their backpack and aimed it at you. They pulled their hat down, hiding their eyes, and took pictures of you.

Team leader Kim rushed passed the person and they slid their camera back into their backpack.

“Where is data analyst Moon Ki Hun?” Kim Soo Ro asked.

He continued ranting to himself, “The kid calls me here to check out some evidence but he’s late.”